Howl (A Supernatural Story)

By ridingintokansas

Parker Adams' life was less than perfect. Her mom was killed when she was six months old, and her father has... More

Howl (A Supernatural Story)

38 2 0
By ridingintokansas

Crash!

I sighed as I bent down to pick up my things and stuffed them back into my pack.

I scooped up my bag and pushed back through the mess of bodies to the end of the hall, where my best friend Rachel and my boyfriend Seth were talking.

"Hey." I said as I caught up to them.

They seemed startled for a minute but smiled. "Oh, hey Parky." Rach said grinning.

My real name was Parker, but Rachel's been calling me Parky since we were 10.

"Ha, hey Rach Rach!" I smiled back, fixing my wolf shirt.

"Hey, babe." Seth grinned and I smiled back as he pecked me on the cheek.

For a minute I thought Rachel looked worried, but I brushed it off.

In case you were wondering, Rachel had long, dark red-brown hair, green eyes, and was wearing rippled jeans, black heels, a loose white shirt with an infinity sign on it.

Ugh, she was so perfect.

Seth had blonde hair, blue eyes and a chiseled jaw. He wore a leather jacket over his football jersey and jeans with Nike sneakers.

Both of them were beautiful, and then you had me.

I had boring, dirty-blonde hair, brown eyes, and worst of all,- the glasses.

I had those nerd glasses the hipsters wear, except mine were real, and the lenses were thicker, plus they actually broke in half once so I have tape in the middle.

I was wearing my wolf shirt -I love wolves- and jeans, plus my worn, old brown boots that used to be my mom's, before she died.

Yeah, I live with my Grandpa. He said mom died in a fire, when I was about 6 months old. Ironically, it was in my nursery, but I didn't get hurt. Not even a little burnt.

My dad got shipped off to the looney house, because he thought I was evil or whatever and tried to.. "exterminate" me.

It's a long story.

"So-"

The bell rang.

•O•O•O•O•O•O•O•O•O•O•O•O•O•O•O

During Language Arts, since the teacher was too engrossed in talking about Sherlock Holmes or whatever, I decided to text Rachel.

To: Rach Rach<3

hey. r u as bored as i am?

A few seconds later, she replied.

From: Rach Rach<3

lol yea. maybe moar

I quickly texted back,

To: Rach Rach<3

lol. we're talking about sherlock holmes? ew.

Okay, so maybe I secretly loved Sherlock Holmes and had the whole collection at home.

What? sue me.

From: Rach Rach<3

ew. anyway go 2 the fountain after class. rlly need to talk 2 u..

Huh?

To: Rach Rach<3

abt what?

She didn't answer, I guessed she got caught or almost did, so I put my phone back and continued with the lesson.

•O•O•O•O•O•O•O•O•O•O•O•O•O•O•O

After class, I walked over to the fountain to meet Rachel.

"Hey Rach." I said, sitting on the edge of the fountain. "What's up?"

"Uh, hi." she fiddled with the edge of her shirt. "So uh, listen.."

Uh oh. "Uh, What's the matter Rach?" I asked.

"I don't think we should hang out anymore." She blurted out.

I blinked. "Wh-what? Why?"

"Well.. it's about Seth and I." she admitted. "We.. we kissed." I gasped.

"But.. neither of us could get past that kiss, so we started.. like, getting together after school. I'm sorry."

I stared at her.

"Parker-"

"Shut up and never speak to me again." I said quietly and turned.

"Parker." she grabbed my shoulder.

I shoved myself out of her grip and just took off running.

"Parker!" she called after me as I ran towards a forest. "You can't go in the woods, it's not safe after dark!"

But I was already gone.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

I panted, looking around.

It was so cold I could see my breath wafting through the air in front of me.

I heard a crunch and jumped, looking around.

I sighed in relief as a squirrel scuttled out from beneath a bush, looked at me, then scuttled away.

I was about to continue on when I heard a growl and a loud, high-pitched squeak.

I slowly turned around, then froze.

I could make out little paw prints in a muddy area right near a bush.

They started in the mud, then continued and disappeared behind the bush.

I slowly stepped forward, following the prints.

Then, I reached the bush and peeked around it.

I gasped as I saw the poor little squirrel, frozen on the ground.

His head was clean off, and his body had been messily ripped open and almost all his organs were gone.

Then, I heard another growl.

This Growl was more powerful, stronger-

Louder.

So loud it was as if it was right next to me.

Then, I slowly turned, and screamed.

A body of fur lunged at me, knocking me onto my back.

I screamed and kicked, putting the rest of my strength into my hands as I tried to push it's head away from me.

It's jaws constantly snapped, its teeth nearly taking off my nose.

It's tongue rolled out, touching my cheek.

I screamed in disgust when I lost my grip, it's jaw suddenly clamping down on my shoulder.

I screamed again when suddenly the beast went limp, following a loud bang.

Then, suddenly my head felt hazy as my eyes shut, and the world went dark.

•••••••••••••••••••

"Uhn.." my head rolled as my eyes slowly opened.

I blinked, then my head shot up as I realized I couldn't move my arms.

I looked down, seeing that I was sitting down and I was tied up.

I started breathing heavily, looking around. "He-hello?" I squeaked.

Everything was dark. "P-please." I whispered.

Suddenly I could barely make out something moving in the distance.

"So, kid." the figure said. He had a deep-ish voice and I could tell he was almost six feet tall.

I gulped. "Uh.. yeah?"

"What in God's name were you doing in the woods at night?"

I swallowed hard. "Uh, I was just.." I sighed. "It-it's a long story, sir. But, can I at least call my Grandpa? He'll be worried."

I could just barely make out the figure tilting his head. "What about your mom or dad?"

I sighed. "Um.. my Mom's.. dead, sir. And my dad is in the hospital with.. mental issues."

Suddenly, I heard a new voice call, "Dammit, Dean! She's scared, turn the friggin' lights on!"

Suddenly the lights switched on, and I blinked, my eyes adjusting to the sudden brightness.

"God, how long have I been out?" I asked, suddenly realizing the awful taste in my dry mouth, and the stomach-wrenching hunger.

"Two days." I suddenly looked up to see a guy standing in front of me- Dean, I guess.

He was wearing a leather jacket and jeans, with brown shoes. He had short dark hair and a chiseled jawline.

"Two days?!" I exclaimed. "My grandpa will flip!"

I coughed. "My throat.. ungh."

Then, I heard footsteps and turned to see a tall man in a plaid shirt in jeans and long brown hair walking toward me with scissors. "Sorry, tying you up was his idea."

He then crouched down and started to untie the rope that tied behind the chair.

"Sam-" Dean began, but the guy- Sam, I suppose- cut him off.

"Christ Dean, she seems pretty harmless." I could sense him rolling his eyes as I heard a snap and I brought my arms forward, stretching them out in front of me.

When my waist and legs were free, I immediately pulled them up on to the chair and wrapped my arms around them, leaning my face into them so all you could see of my face was my eyes above my knees.

"Uh, sorry about that, by the way." Sam apologized as he stood.

I didn't answer, just glanced at him. "Who are you guys?"

"I'm Sam, Sam Winchester. This is my brother, Dean." He put a hand on Dean's shoulder, to which Dean slapped off.

I coughed again. "My throat hurts."

"Oh right, you're probably hungry too, right?" I nodded. "I'll be right back."

Sam stepped out of the room, and Dean stared at me.

While I tried to look anywhere but at him, I saw that I was in probably an empty motel room.

It was big, for a motel room, and it looked unfinished.

It had concrete walls and floors, parts slathered with paint like they were going to paint the walls but just kind of gave up, and there was old cushioned chairs covered in plastic coverings.

There was a doorway that led to another part of the room, probably the finished part.

"You got bit." Dean said.

I looked up, then down.

"Yeah, I remember."

"So why haven't you changed yet?" he asked.

I tilted my head. "What do you mean?

"That thing, that attacked you," he said. "It wasn't just any old wolf, no. It was a werewolf. And it bit you, so why haven't you transformed yet?"

I gulped. "Uh..uh, I.. I don't know.."

"Why were you in the woods anyway? What was a-what, 16-year-old girl doing in the woods?" he questioned.

I gasped. "Hey, I'm almost twenty!"

"Well then you'd probably have enough common sense not to go in the woods after dark."

He took a step forward. "So, why did you go in the woods?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 8.6K 36
Thrown out and bashed by her own family, April Rutter was among the only wolves who couldn't shift nor held any powers. Mocked by male wolves and abu...
384K 14.1K 44
I'm a monster, but in her arms, I'm a man... Aurora doesn't know what the future holds except for the fact that her mother's going to die soon and sh...
37.3M 1.4M 144
"My dad sold me to a pack of werewolves to settle his gambling debt." ❀ "I'm going to count to three," Logan growls. He doesn't have to say the rest...
143K 4.3K 32
Alpha Female Omega Male °°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°° ~Breaking-Stereotypes~ Alpha Arya finds her sweet little mate who happen...