Who Needs Enemies, When I Hav...

By grahamcracker4

More

Chapter 2

Chapter 1

164 0 0
By grahamcracker4

Chapter 1

“Hey Steph! Omg, your hair is so pretty today! Why are you so pretty?”

If only everyone in high school, was just as nice as Katherine Greene. Katherine was one of my best friends and she liked me for who I was and not because she wanted to be known in the school as “the girl who hangs out with Stephanie Harks”, apparently there are a lot of girls who would love to be in Katherine’s shoes. But thankfully Katherine isn’t about to step out of her shoes anytime soon.

            Katherine Greene is the very opposite of me, Stephanie Harks, she is a brunette with slightly wavy hair, bright green eyes and lots of faint freckles while I was a pin straight, really blonde haired girl with too many freckles to count and bright aqua coloured eyes. But yet our personalities were very similar, we were both very outgoing and had our own styles that were separate from the styles that were supposedly “cool” that season. We were usually the ones sitting in the cafeteria laughing our heads off at each other because of a really stupid joke that probably wasn’t that funny. But that was just who we were and no one was going to change that.

“Thanks Katie! But I would rather have your hair than mine; actually I would rather have your whole face because it’s prettier than the most beautiful thing in the world.” I replied.

 “Do you always have to bring my face into these arguments, and you are definitely prettier. Actually how about we just say that we are both as equally pretty as each other that way we don’t have to have the same argument for the third day in a row!”

 Good, old Katie, always trying to make everyone feel as though they were the prettiest person on the earth even if she didn’t actually say that directly to them.

“Hey Steph! Oh, hey Katie! I didn’t even see you there. Are you reading that stupid book again....what was it called? Oh yeah, I remember it was Wuthering Heights, right? What kind of a stupid book title is that anyway?”

“Sherry, Wuthering Heights is so romantic and once you read it once, you have to read it again. But you probably wouldn’t know a good book if you it bit your ass!”

This was another reason that I loved Katie so much, she stood up to anybody who tried to put her or her friends down, she was so brave that it made me look up to her and wish that I could be like her.

“Steph! Did you hear what she just said to me? It was so rude of her, no wonder everyone says she is a bitch!”

Now she had gone too far, no one who knew Katie would ever call her a bitch. That was the complete opposite of her personality. I looked around at Katie who was laughing behind her book across from me as she stole glances at Sherry, who was eyeing my reaction to what she just said. I had to say something that wouldn’t give Sherry a reason to hang out with us today.

 “Actually Sherry, Wuthering Heights is a really good book. Maybe you should read it sometime!”

 “Oh is it really that good Steph? Maybe I should read it, since you say it is so good. I think I’m going to go to the library and check it out right now.”

 And she left for the library while Katie was dying laughing behind her book.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if she got lost trying to find the library. She probably doesn’t even know where it is!”

“Don’t be mean to her Katie.” “

“Why not? She is always mean to me; she talks to me like I’m stupid. Sometimes I just want to tell to shut the fuck up and other times I just want to punch her in the nose.”

While this was true I did feel kind of sorry for Sherry, she really did think she was the hottest girl in the school, besides me, because I was like her god, she worshipped me which I hated and then she would follow me around like a puppy dog on a leash.  I wasn’t that sort of girl, I was always so nice to everyone and I hated gossip. I thought it was the stupidest thing that a teenage girl could waste her time on and I wasn’t a really mean bitch that would pretend to be nice to everyone like that Regina George character in Mean Girls. I was just a normal student who did well in school and who happened to also be sort of pretty.

“Whatever but don’t get me involved in this problem you two have with each other. If I take your side, she will flip out and then start spreading the most fucked up rumours ever and then I will be screwed for the rest of my life.”

Then we heard the bell ring, it was time for fourth period. Only two periods to go until I could go home and rest before going to dance. The worst part about my time table this semester was that I didn’t get to see Katie until lunch but then I had the last two periods with her, which was always so much fun. First period was nice too though because my boyfriend, Logan, sat right in front of me. Logan was tall and muscular, he had shaggy blonde hair and only a few freckles and he had gorgeous blue eyes. Second period I was stuck sitting beside Sherry. She talked the whole time about how pretty she was and how she was desperate to find a boyfriend, usually after the first ten minutes I just stopped listening to her and I would just tune her out. It worked like a charm every time. Sherry has mousy brown hair and dark brown eyes that are very pretty but then she has a sort of pig nose which makes her look like more of a snob.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.6K 2.8K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
45.1K 2.4K 50
Fallon's sole ambition in life is to escape her miserable hometown once and for all. She dreams of driving away in her convertible and leaving her pa...
132K 1.7K 52
Well i mean its just imagines of walker sooooo Also request are open so if you want one just let me know!
150K 11.5K 13
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...