Is this Love? ~DISCONTINUED~

By EricaDegreat

This story takes place in Los Angeles where a young girl named Katelyn is attending a high school far from ho... More

My Encounter
Friends?
Video games
Late
Having Fun
Ive been tagged!!!
Tagged again?!?
Having Fun
Explanations
Might discontinue...
PLANNING FOR FUTURE

Bad Memories

18 1 0
By EricaDegreat

~~~~~~~~~~
Just wanted to let you guys know, SORRY THAT I CANNOT UPLOAD AS FAST AS I WANTED TO!!! Lately, I've been reading a lot of other people's books, to get inspiration, motivation, and creativity! I also have to try and keep up with my family situation and problems, but let's not get too into that.

Also...this is the chapter that begins to make things dark...enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~

Sam's POV

As we finished up cleaning Katelyn's dorm, I was so exhausted and sweaty. I jogged into my dorm, and took out one my shirts from the drawers. I took out a simple black T-shirt, and went into the bathroom. I quickly changed into my shirt, and found Katelyn eating her burger in my balcony.

I giggled by the sight of her eating. She has crumbs on her cheeks and even on her nose! What a messy eater...I sneakily walk up to where she was standing, and slip my arms around her waist. I could tell that she was surprised from my presence by the way her muscles tensed up. I giggle again, she was very easy to scare.

The atmosphere was very silent, so I decided to start up a small conversation. I went to rest my head on her shoulder again, but I saw crumbs on both of her shoulders. How in the world did pieces of food get all the way down to her shoulders!?! She really IS a messy eater...

"How did you ended up getting crumbs onto your shoulders?", I pull away from my back hug, and face her. She was so embarrassed, that her cheeks were crimson red. "I usually tend to make food go flying everywhere somehow whenever I eat...", she timidly laughs.

"Oh don't worry about it, I have seen worse!", I giggled at the fact that Katelyn looked up to me with her face covered in meat, vegetables, and sauces. I couldn't stand her face covered with it, so I ran to the bathroom real quick, and got a small towel. I came back to the balcony, and handed it to her.

"Here.",I show her the small towel, and she gladly accepts it. While she wiped her face, neck, shoulders, hands, and shirt, I look into the distance to see the sun slowly coming down, and the moon slowly coming it's way up from the other side. I was in awe till I heard a cute sneeze.

Katelyn's POV

When I wiped my face with the small hand towel, I accidentally brushed my upper lip with black pepper. My nose started to twitch and become slightly itchy. I tried my best not to sneeze, but  failed and ended up sneezing.

I was already embarrassed by my messy eating habit, and I'm even more embarrassed that I have always made cute sneezes on the worst times...

~Flashback~

Back in my elementary school, I would be made fun of for my sneezes. Therefore, every time I got sick, I would stay at home, till I am 100% sure I wasn't sick anymore. One day, I accidentally sneezed on the meanest girl at that school.

She made my life a living hell. She would push me aside in the hallway even if I was already out of her way, she would call me names outside of school if we happened to meet, and all other things girls would do to bully other girls.

She wasn't like that before...her and I used to be friends, but one day she started avoiding me. I don't know why, and later on she started to become popular when she revealed that she was from a rich and wealthy family...

~end of flashback~

I shiver a little from the thought of HER, but quickly shakes it away...she couldn't POSSIBLY come back here! She went back to her hometown 5 years ago! How would she possibly come to Dillijen High?

She would have to come to this area, AND find the same school I go to the same school! Also, we haven't seen each other for years, how in the world could she find me! Unless...-

Snap!

I look up, and see Sam giggling at me! "Earth to Katelyn! You there!", I spring up from how close we were. I jolt back, and hit my side with the balcony fence. I yelp from the sudden pain. Sam starts to laugh, and holds his stomach.

Oh, I see how it is...well, let's see how you like it! Abra Kadabra!Make Sam fall! Sam suddenly falls to the ground, and I cover my mouth. "HOW DID I DO THAT?!?", he groans from the pain..."How did you do what?", he asks. I look away. "Nothing! Don't worry about it!", he looks up at me confused, but shrugs it off.

"Anyways, want to play? Geo told me earlier that he'll be sleeping at Deryl's dorm", he looks up in excitement. "Sure! Sounds fun! But why is he sleeping there and not here?", his eyes flash with annoyance. "He's too lazy to come back here since they went to some far away place...and without me...", he mumbles the last part but I manage to hear it.

He shakes his head like he's shaking away his thoughts. "Well, let's get inside now! It's pretty chilly on the balcony",I nod and he gently holds me by the wrist and pulls me inside.

~A few hours later~

"HAHA! I WIN AGAIN, SUCKER!!!", I jolt up from my sitting position, and start to do my victory dance. Sam ruffles his hair, and laughs at my bad dancing. "Yeah yeah, you won again. Who taught you to be such a good gamer?", he said. I kneel in front of him, and whisper into his ear..."It's a secret~" I pull back from how close we were, and he falls onto his back and laughs.

"What's so funny mister?", I cross my arms, and puff out my cheeks to make me seem irritated. "It's nothing, don't worry about it", he says in between giggles.

After what seems to be an eternity, his laughter has died down. I was starting to decide whether to duct tape his mouth, or slap the back of his head. In conclusion, I was getting annoyed."Well, anyways, I got to go! We have classes tomorrow and it's pretty lat-", I look at the clock, and begin to panic.

"ITS 3 AM IN THE MORNING! OMG I GOTTA GO, BYE!", I open his door, and go straight into my dorm. But before I could get in, I realized...i forgot to leave it unlocked...

*Flashback*

"Katelyn! When you're done cleaning the windows of your dorm, make sure to keep it unlocked! We're playing video games later!", he yells from across the room. "ALRIGHT! JUST GIVE ME A FEW MORE MINUTES! ILL BE DONE IN A JIFFY!", I yell back as I continue to wipe the windows.

When I finished, I wipe the beads of sweat coming from my forehead. "Phew, finally finished", I said to myself. As I was about to unlock my door, my phone buzzes to life. Hmmm...I wonder who's that from? I wasn't expecting a call or text from anybody...

I look onto my phone, and read the caller.

It's Mom...

I swipe the screen, and place it close to my ear.

"What do you want now?", I speak in a monotone voice. "Oh hey darling~! I was just checking on you to see if you've been 'dealt' with yet...", she says in a sweet tone...oh great, she's using THIS voice again...

"No Mom. I'm not dead, and for your information, Dad already got rid of them. Stop trying to ruin my life again. Bye", before I hung up, I heard four words that made my heart pounding...

"I. Will. Find. You."

I end the call, and leave the room with the cleaning supplies...this can't happen again...

*End of Flashback*

I bang my head against my door frame, and repeat the words in my head...stupid...stupid...stupid...

Once I feel like I'll go unconscious, which didn't take long...I quickly walk back to Sam's dorm. It was still open for some reason, so I just let myself in...Sam & Geo wouldn't mind right?

I make my way in, and hear light snores from the corner of the room. I see Sam peacefully sleeping on his bed, with his hair all ruffled, each of his limbs hugging tightly to one of his pillows, and his sheets dangerously close to falling. It was a site to see, pretty funny, yet cute.

I look onto Geo's bed, hoping I can sleep on it. Alas, there was his stuff littered all over his bed, his laptop, clothes, games, watch, you name it! I look onto Sam's bed, and wonder...he wouldn't mind if I sleep with him, right? He already slept wit-I mean...you know what? Nevermind...

I carefully plop myself on the other side of the bed, and make myself comfortable. He flinches a little from the sudden movement of the bed, but goes back into a deep slumber.

I sigh in relief knowing that I don't have to explain why I'm sleeping in his bed, and not mine. I close my eyes, and let my tiredness sink in, while I doze my worries away, till I fell to dream land.

"Katelyn?", I turn to see my brother staring at my arm. "Yeah?", I give him one of my fake smiles. "What happened to your arm?", he looks at my with angry eyes..."Was it Mom again?", his fists start to clench...

*Morning*

Once I woke up, I stretch my arms out, and yawn. Since I woke up, my eyes were translucent, and my mind was thinking of random ideas, like how to make my school life easier. I made my way, to what I though was my bathroom, which is what I don't even have, and begin to undress.

I turn the shower head on, and begin to shampoo my hair. As I was scrubbing my hair away, I began to smell a strong odour. I look at the shampoo brand, and read "Men's shampoo-makes you feel cool and refreshed! (I dunno on what Men's shampoos smell like, and I don't know any brands, sorry!)", my eyes widen, and my jaw releases open.

I'm not in my own bathroom...Wait...I DIDNT EVEN HAVE A BATHROOM TO BEGIN WITH!!! OH SHIZ NUTS!
I quickly wash my hair, and the rest of my body with the men's soap, and quickly get out of the shower.

Once I get out of the shower, I put one of their towels on and pick my clothes off of the ground. Afterwards, I was met with a shocked expression of Sam's face, whom is standing on the opened door.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY BATHROOM?!?", I quickly throw my clothes at him, therefore he won't be a pervert. "DON'T LOOK! I-I thought that this is my bathroom...", I blush in embarrassment. "Well sorry, I didn't expect you'd be in my bathroo...waits minute, you don't have a bathr-" "SHUT UP AND GET ME SOME CLOTHES!", I push him out of the bathroom and rapidly close the door.

"Fine! Fine! Geez, you don't need to be pushy...", I hear him sigh from outside of the door, and hear footsteps fading away from the bathroom.

~few minutes later~

I hear footsteps again a few meters away, so I slowly open the door a bit, thinking it was Sam. Thankfully it was, and with some clothes of mine. "Here you go. I'll leave it at the front of the door, with my back turned", he places my clothes down, and turns his back from the door like he said.

Wow, maybe he isn't a pervert like most boys...I swiftly grab the clothes from the ground, and close the door. "Thanks Sam! I owe you one!" "No problem! Though since I did this, can we be even with your debt, and my dare?"

Dare? What is he talking about...? "What are you talking about? What dare?", I say as I change into the clothes Sam gave me. As we talk, I examine the clothes Sam gave me. Wow...a plain black T-shirt and blue jeans with a pink baggy sweater, not bad yet not good...

"You don't remember? Well when you beat me at the game, we agreed on a dare, remember?" "Oh! I do! Yeah, we can be even with that. Don't worry about it! Besides...", I open the door with my freshly new clothes with a bag of my clothes I had on before. "I can beat you again anyways", I smile at him as I see him on the bed on his phone.

"Oh, also...", he rummages something from his pocket. "I got my wallet back!", I look at him like I'm surprised. "That's great!", my voice then instantly turns to ice. "Now pay up", I put my hand out. "Alright alright, here you go", he hands me a 10$ bill.

After about a few minutes of talking about getting to know each other more, I look at his clock. It's 8:00..."OMG WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOO-", right before I finish my sentence, Sam bursts into a fit of laughter.

When he stops laughing, he says in-between giggles, "There's-no school-today!", he kept giggling till I spoke up. "There isn't? How do you know?", I ask, still confused. "There was a text sent to all the students. Something about some teacher meeting", he replies.

"And it's a Friday, so that means we get today, and the weekends off!", he throws his hands in the air, and engulfs me into a hug. "Yay!", I hug him back. After a few seconds, we retaliate from our hug.

"Now that we have that settled, can you leave my room? So I can change? Also, do you want to hang out today? I'm bored..", he says while tugging his shirt. "Yes, of course, and sure! But how do I get into my room?", I say, as he points to the balcony. "Oh..." I sigh. Great..well, luckily I don't have a fear of heights!

"If you need help, call my name", he mentioned, as I made my way to the balcony" "Alright! I got this", I utter to myself. I climb to the exterior of the balcony's fence. Okay, you got this Katelyn! As long as you don't look dow...We're only a few meters off the ground...This isn't as high as I thought...still, the balcony is a little far...I need to make a jump for it...

I hold my breathe, and jump. Luckily I made it, and saved my time healing cuts and bruises. I crawl into my balcony, and walk into my room. I run up to my bed, and tackle it. "Oh how I've missed you bed", I snuggle deeper into my bed. After a minute is snuggling on my bed, I get back to my task.

I stand up, and unlock my door. "There. Now I can go outside, and not be locked from my own dorm", I state to myself. I look to myself at my newly bought mirror, and look at my hair. Hmm...it's still a little wet, but it'll dry!

I make my way to my drawers (when they cleaned, they got settled in as well, just go with it), and brush my hair. After a few minutes, I get my purse containing my wallet, my phone, and my keys to the dorm. I open my door, and make my way to Sam's room.

As soon as I get to his door, I knock. No one answers. I faintly hear a noise in the room, and enter to see what's happening. Suddenly, I am met with a half naked Sam.

He didn't notice me in the room for a good few seconds since he had headphones blasting music in his ears. So that's the faint sounds I heard...But before I was able to escape this situation, he takes his headphones off and acknowledges me in the room.

"Katelyn? I thought you were getting ready", he asked. I stop midway to my freedom, and speak. "W-well, I was done since I was excited hanging out! But I see that you're not ready, so I'll just le-" "oh, you don't have to leave, I'm almost done so just chill here.

I turn around expecting him to be still half naked, but he wasn't which made me sigh in relief. I plop myself onto his bed, and look at the ceiling. "By the way, where's your roommate at? I haven't seen him since forever!", he looks at me in shock.

"Now that I think about it...he hasn't been in our dorm since yesterday...I wonder where he's been...", he takes out his phone, and dials in a number. After ringing a few times, I hear someone's voice on the other side of the line. He sounds sleepy...

"Where have you been Geo? ... Oh, yeah! I totally forgot, anything cool that happened? ... Well be back here later, okay? ... Oh. By the way, Katelyn and I cleaned our dorm ... HEY! Not true! ... whatever, bye", Sam ends the call. He sighs and looks back at me.

"He said he won't be here till Sunday, since their van broke down", Sam said, I sat there confused. He notices that I'm not getting the situation, so he elaborates more. "Remember that Geo went to another place without me? Well it's pretty far away, so they won't be here till the van is fixed" "Oooooh", I manage to say.

After a moment of silence, Sam begins to speak again. "By the way, where do you want to go today?", he chirps, with a smile plastered on his face. "Well since we're both new to the city, we should walk around and get to know the streets!", I say enthusiastically.

"That sounds like a great plan, let's go!", he slips on a blue sweater and pulls me out of his dorm. We were casually walking in the hallway, till we bump into someone...

Oh no...it's HER

To be continued~

A/N
Oh no! It's HER!
But who could it possibly be? Who is this mysterious person Katelyn is talking about?

Also, I apologize for the slow updates on this book.
I've been having a lot of writer's block recently!
I'll try and get the next chapter up as soon as I can!

Until then, my readers~!

(Also I won't be editing my writing until I finish the story.
But don't worry! It'll just be grammar, capitalization, punctuation, etcetera)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3.2K 45
I wrote this book in 2016 when I was 14... I'm now for some reason having a blast from the past and re-reading this at 20 yrs old and y'all... PLEASE...
7.2M 247K 50
This is an old version. I am slowly rewriting this. Please wait to read that one. It'll have some of the same chapter outlines but way better writing...
8.4K 565 42
**** ONGOING **** This book centers around a woman in her mid 20's trying her best to make it through life after not having the best luck, with anyt...
25.3K 514 18
R-rated, for mature audiences! So, where do I start? My name is Elizabeth. I'm 26 and I'm bored as f*ck. You could think I have a perfect life. My h...