The Invincibles Book 1: It's...

By Torii_Chan97

More

Ummm... still the intro =)
InTrO ! :)

The Invincibles Book 1: It's only the beginning ...

119 1 3
By Torii_Chan97

Hi guys !! Well this is my second story !! I hope you enjoy !!

Intro…

Isaiah Yearwood: Precognition…

Sara Hendrickson: Healer…

“Tomorrow night, this rich family’s hosting some kinda Thanksgiving party, and they want the place to be security-filled. For the past five months, someone’s been sending death threats on the son’s inbox. So their want us to guard the place for the whole night.” My friend, Sara explained, as she bit into her donut and leaned on the counter in my kitchen. Ever since my parents died, I had to bring up myself, even though I can’t remember how I spent the whole of my childhood.

“You got any clue on why they keep getting death threats? You might never know if the son got involved in anything. Did they do any questioning?”

“Well, they called police to see if they could trace where the messages are coming from, but they couldn’t get a lead to that. And I think they’re a little to stupid to actually ask the son if he got involved in anything.” Sara threw the wrapping successfully in the bin behind her. I always had a crush on Sara. I loved how her crimson red hair cascaded down her long neck, how her smile lit up a whole room, and how her touch felt.

“Well, when  we get there tomorrow, we’ll see what’s up.” I got up from the couch and walked over to Sara and sat next to her.

“I got to see the uniforms we’re gonna wear. They’re super sexy. The girls get to wear a black mini skirt, black knee-high boots, a black vest and a black blazer thingy and the guys get to wear black jeans, a black muscle vest and a pair of converse. I just can’t wait.” She did a little happy dance and hugged me. All the while, I visualized Sara in a mini skirt. Call me a psycho, but I liked it. Just then, the phone rang and Sara answered it before me.

“Hello?” The voice on the other end was obscured, so I strained to hear. All of a sudden, Sara’s expression changed from happy to freaked out. She hung up the phone and looked at me.

“What happened?” I asked, as I held onto her shoulder.

“Someone said that if we go to the Thanksgiving party, both of us would die.”

I laid out my uniform on my bed and looked at it for a long while. My mind reminisced on the call that Sara got yesterday. We were both freaked out, but the call just made me want to go more. It took some serious convincing to make her come along with me. I told her that I would protect her no matter what, even if it meant losing my own life. She cried for a long time on the phone and said that she was coming. I put on my uniform and drove over to her house. The weather was awful today, it looked like it might have a thunderstorm. I parked in her driveway and walked to the door. I knocked the door and waited. Her house was totally unlike mine. Hers was huge. It was like a three storey house, with that kinda modern look. It was blue and white, and was lovely. She opened the door and I was amazed. She looked hot. Like Beyonce hot.  Her hair flowed down her back and she wore the charm bracelet I gave her for Christmas last year. Her mini skirt gripped her waist perfectly, the vest, well that was a story by itself and the boots gave her that Angelina Jolie look. She had everything: from her beautiful long hair to her slender long legs.

“Hey. Come in.” I walked in and dropped the bag I was carrying on the loveseat. Her kitten Moonshine ran to my feet and licked my shoes. I lifted her up and gave her a kiss on the nose.

“Where’s the equipment?” Sara asked, as she put on her blazer. I gently put Moonshine down and opened my bag. There laid numerous tech equipment so we could communicate with each other from afar and so that we can hear other people’s conversations. After testing them, we headed out. While we were loading the guns and stuff (yes we had to use guns to kill the “bad guys”), Sara took my hand. I was startled at first but then I relaxed. She stepped closer to me and said,

“Isaiah. Did you mean it? Did you mean it when you said that you would risk your own life for me?” She stepped closer, so close that I could feel her breath on my lips. I wanted to reach in and kiss her so badly.

“Of course! I won’t let anyone or anything hurt you. I would most definitely save your life, even if it means losing mine. That’s how much I… love you.” She held on to my hand tighter, leaned in and kissed me. I was more than a kiss. It was like baptism. I felt new. I felt refreshed. My hands hesitated to touch her waist but she took them and rested them there. I felt comfortable in her body, like if I belonged there. Like if we were meant to be. After kissing for a whole five minutes we, finally, headed out.

The whole lobby was fill with slow, classical music. People conversing in loud voices and bite-sized foods were distributed. Everyone looked rich like, women with long strapless dresses to men with tuxedos and fancy outfits and stuff. I got the responsibility of watching the front door and Sara got the responsibility of watching the back door. I didn’t like the idea of Sara and I being separated but that’s Mr. Lannderson wanted of us. He was a hot-headed guy so we didn’t oppose to his instructions. I got a incoming call from Sara from my walkie-talkie and answered.

“Hey. I just wanted to make sure you were okay… and that I love you.” I could hear her giggle on the other end.

“I love you too, Sara. Be safe. If any thing happens please tell me, okay?” I replied.

“Yeah. Bye.” She clicked off her walkie-talkie.and I continued to look around. Just then, there was a knock on the front door and I answered. Just outside, was a tall woman wearing the most beautiful dress in the whole party. She wore that and the highest shoes, and a hat that covered most of her face.

“Good evening. Am I late for the party or anything?” She spoke like Sara but with a hint of a british accent.

“No, you’re just in time. It’s about to start.” She walked up the steps successfully (with those high-heeled shoes of hers) and walked to the Grand Table. I looked at her and my head began to hurt. My head was pumping and it hurt so badly. Why the hell was my head hurting? I grunted in agony and leaned on the wall. Just then, my nose began to bleed. Heavily. I ran to the nearest bathroom and dealt with that problem. All of a sudden, it stopped everything stopped. Everything stopped. The bleeding and the headache stopped. Why did the hell did this happ---. That woman. Ever since I saw her, my head began to kill me and my nose was bleeding like a fountain. And that was when it began to happen.

Okay. Don’t be freaked out when I tell you that… well… I… okay… I have powers. Okay. Not powers, but abilities. Okay, you people who see a word in a book and are too lazy to find out what it means, I have ‘precognition’. Precognition means the ability to see things before it happens. Sara also has an ability, she can heal. Another story that might freak you out… I’m dead. Ha-ha! No, seriously, I mean it, I’m dead. If you want to know how I did, read on.

I walked out the bathroom and looked around for the woman. I spotted her, talking to Mr. Lannderson. She sipped her champagne and chuckled at something he was saying. I haven’t heard from Sara in a while so I called her on her walkie-talkie. There was static on the other end. No response. I tried again and still no response. I began to feel worried. I ran to the back of the hotel. As I burst through the door, a horrible sight met my eyes. Blood. There was a pool of blood on the ground. I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at the blood carefully. Tears welded in my eyes (okay men cry too okay?) as I knelt to the ground. I fail to keep my promise… my promise of keeping Sara safe. Then it happened. My head began to hurt again… but this time things went through my head:

I was in the lobby when a gunshot rang through the hotel. The sound came from the middle floor. Everyone ran out the building leaving me alone. I ran up the stairs to see Sara and the woman, who was dressed in a black whole suit (like in Kill Bill but it was black) and her hair was flowing down her back, in a long corridor. Sara was bleeding heavily from gunshot wounds. She was on her knees begging for mercy but I couldn’t help her because a man came up behind me and pointed a gun to my head. Sara screamed and begged for mercy. With that all said and done, the woman shot Sara ten times in her face and fled. So to did the man, leaving me with a dead body. My girlfriend’s dead body.

I zoned back to Earth and everything that was going on around me. I hurried back to the lobby and searched for the woman. She was nowhere in sight. I recapped the visions I had and found something to smile about. Sara was still alive, but it is my duty to make sure she gets out here alive. I ran up to Mr. Lannderson and began to tell him what was about to happen. At the end of it, he began to guffaw.

“Silly boy, that lady you’re talking about is my wife’s best friend and she will never kill anyone in this party. Now go back to your station and get back to work!” He exclaimed, as he turned back to whom he was talking to. I followed his orders and returned to the front door.

‘Damn Mr. Lannderson! Why wouldn’t he listen to me? He’ll just face the consequences.’ I thought as I leaned on the front door. Then, it happened. The gunshot. Up on the middle floor. Everyone ran out the building, knocking each other over, including Mr. Lannderson. Sigh.  I ran through the crowd and up to the middle floor. The elevator never worked in this damn hotel so I moved swiftly (like a ninja) up the steps. When I reached the door to enter the middle floor, there it was. Exactly as I saw it in my head. Except, Sara wasn’t bleeding. No one was. The gunshot was just a warning, to send everyone away so they won’t witness what was about to happen. However, the woman had her gun pointed to me instead of Sara.

“Welcome Isaiah. To the party of death.” The woman said, as she played with the gun. I realized it was one of the guns that I packed in the trunk before we left. I wondered how she got it. Then I realized. Her hat. It was huge enough to hold that gun. I stepped up in front of Sara. She grabbed my hand and attempted to pull me back, but I shook her hand away.

“I would any day; if it means that she lives. So, go ahead shoot. I’m not afraid.” I walked up to her and looked her straight in the face. She grinned, dropped the gun on the ground and kicked it to Sara.

“I don’t want to kill you, honey boy. I want your “girlfriend” to kill you.” I turned back to Sara and she watched the gun in shock. Our eyes met and I could see her crying softly. I dug deep down in my head for the right words to say and this was what I got.

“Pick it up, Sara.” I said, as I took off my shirt. Underneath my shirt was a bulletproof vest. I dropped it on the ground and looked at Sara deeply.

“PICK IT UP SARA!” I yelled. This was the first time I ever yelled at her. She picked it up and looked at it.

“Point it at me.” She followed my instructions quickly and pointed it at me. The woman was enjoying very moment of this. Then she spoke up,

“Shoot him… 15 times.” Sara’s eyes opened wide and she shook her head as to say ‘no’.  

“SHOOT ME, SARA! NOW!” I screamed. However, as the last word escaped my lips, Sara pulled the trigger. The first bullet went through my heart. Directly through my heart. I grabbed my chest in agony, as more bullets went through my body.

“Shoot them anywhere, Sara.” The woman said, as she stepped to the side of the corridor. In my head, my thigh, my leg, my stomach etc.  I could hear the cries of Sara saying,

“I LOVE YOU, ISAIAH!” My eyes closed gently, grasping the last words that the woman said over the gunfire,

“I love you too, Isaiah.”

*Tomorrow Chapter Two !!*

Continue Reading