The Beast Inside (Unedited Ve...

By dreamer37

Cherryl Carter is a normal, shy ,reserved girl. Like most of the girls out there She's a nobody and she loves... More

The Beast Inside
Chapter = 1
Chapter = 2
Chapter = 3
Chapter = 4
Chapter = 5
Chapter = 6
Chapter = 7
Chapter = 8 (part 1)
Chapter = 8 (part - 2)
Chapter = 9
Chapter = 10
Chapter = 11
Chapter = 12
Chapter = 13
Chapter = 14
Chapter = 16
Chapter = 17
Chapter = 18
Chapter = 19
Chapter = 20
Chapter = 21 (part -1)
Chapter = 21 (part - 2)
Chapter = 22
Chapter = 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter = 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter-28
Chapter = 29
Chapter - 30 (Unedited)
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32 (unedited)

Chapter = 15

62.9K 1.4K 89
By dreamer37

So very sorry for the delay. My life is kind of messy right now, hoping for it turn into a happy phase again. I still managed to write this chapter thanks to all your amazing comments guys. :) Thank you so much for putting a smile on my face.

Please read and enjoy.

>love and blessings<

-dreamer37 (Shine Hope)

Chapter = 15

Cherryl was busy running towards the Eifel tower made of chocolate when Rihanna's voice filled her room. She tried real hard to block it out but at last gave up and opened her eyes, grudgingly. She checked the time, it was five in the morning. Irritated at the caller she grabbed the thing, which was her phone and stared at the bright screen. She squinted her eyes at the unknown number while 'we found love in a hopeless place' kept playing in the background. She felt the sudden urge to throw the phone across the room. It should be made illegal to call someone so early in the morning. She glared at the phone screen and then hung up without bothering about the unknown caller.

After moving around for a bit finally getting into a comfortable position she closed her eyes. She was in a state where a person is just hovering over the line of half asleep and half awake state and she was about to cross that line when her phone rang again. She grabbed the phone and looked at the screen through half open eyes. Same unknown number flashed on the screen making her groan with irritation. She pressed the answer button and muttered two words 'Wrong number' before hanging up again.

When the phone rang for the third time she turned it off without even bothering to open her eyes. She was sleeping soundly when suddenly she felt cold and pulled the comforter closer to her body.

"So you are not a morning person huh?" A male voice came from somewhere around her room.

'A male voice in my room. I must be dreaming. Of course it's a dream.' She thought and sighed trying to find some peace in her sleep.

"I got up so early, got dressed and drove to your house. And you are being stubborn." The same voice said again.

But she was too far gone, already in her peaceful castle, to reply him back.

"So, you aren't waking up?" He said again. And all she wanted was to yell at the voice to go away.

"Fine then, I should get some sleep too." She almost smiled at that. Finally the stubborn voice will go away.

Then she felt her bed shifting as a new weight was placed on it and then her comforter was lifted from her body and a new warmth pressed across her back. Two muscular arms wrapped around her torso pulling her closer and she could feel a warm breath on her neck. Someone was definitely cuddling with her and it felt too real to be a dream and just like that sleep flew out of her system as fear started replacing it. Slowly she turned, so that his chest was pressing into hers. Cautiously she opened her eyes and all she could see were the chest muscles and then broad muscular shoulders and arms. She moved her gaze up from his sculptured chin to his cheek bones finally to his glowing blue eyes.

"Hi." He whispered in a low gruff voice and then leaned in, making her muscles lock up.

Only few centimetres separated their lips, she could feel his breath fanning her face and for a moment she felt mesmerised but the spell was broken when he leaned in even more and his lips touched hers. She gasped and jumped out of the bed, falling with a thud, on her back.

Hearing his husky chuckle she instantly got up.

"What are you doing here?! Why are you in my bed?! Naked!" She whisper yelled at him, frantically.

"Calm down. I came here to ask you to come with me but you were being stubborn so I thought about this idea and see you are wide awake now and last but not the least I am not naked." He said in a calm voice and chuckled.

He stood up from the bed, making his point as only his t-shirt was missing.

"Why are you even here? Its five in the morning!" She shrieked, trying to keep her voice low.

"As I said I want to show you something. Go and get ready." He said and pushed her towards the washroom.

"Wait! Have you seen the time?!" She said looking at him with horrified expressions.

"Of course, it's almost 5:45. You better hurry." He said and picked up his black t-shirt.

"What made you think I would go anywhere with you?" She said and raised an eyebrow.

"I don't just 'think' you would go with me, I 'know' you would go with me or do you want me to take your mother's permission first?" He replied back and put his t-shirt on. Dressed in black from head to toe he looked like Satan's clone.

"I am not going anywhere with you. Leave!" She added a glare in the end to look a bit brave.

He stood there looking at her from head toe with his infamous smirk plastered on his face.

"Mrs. Carter!" He said in a sing sang voice making her heart jump into her throat.

"What are you doing? Have you lost your mind? If my mum found out that you were here in this room with me she'll give me a heart attack!" She whisper -yelled at him making his smirk widen.

"Just come with me and I would be as silent as a dead body." He finished his words with an almost genuine smile.

"Listen, this is what we are going to do. You are going to go back to your house and I am going to sleep ok." Her tone was serious but he chuckled as if she was telling a joke.

"Mrs. Carter!" He yelled loudly and she was sure her neighbours would have heard him.

"Stop it!" She yelled back at him but kept her voice low.

"Come with me." He was indulging in her misery at the moment.

"No!" She wanted him to just leave her alone.

"Mrs. Carter!" He began chanting like a possessed person.

"Mrs. Carter!"

She was sure her mother would storm into her room any second.

"Mrs. Ca-

She jumped on him and covered his mouth with her hand before he could have completed the word. He was supporting her weight but he intentionally fell back on the bed taking her with him so that she was lying on top of him. She got really uncomfortable when his hands went down to her waist while hers were still covering his mouth. She removed her hands from his mouth and placed them on his chest to get out of his hold but he only tightened his grip on her waist.

"If you don't want to come with me. I don't mind staying here in your room like this." His voice was low and husky and his words made her nerves jump into her throat while her heart went crazy. She could feel his heart beating against her palm. She pushed hard and he reluctantly let go and  she jumped out of his grasp.

Damien stood up from the bed as well. Cherryl hurriedly walked to her closet, grabbed some clothes and  walked to the washroom.

"Just give me ten minutes." She muttered without even looking at him and closed the door.

Damien sighed and pushed his hand through his hair. At least she was coming with him although for his beast, staying in her bed with his arms wrapped securely around her was the most appealing idea. He pushed his beast down along with his crazy thoughts and raging hormones, with the most needed effort.

Cherryl bit back a scream as soon as she entered the washroom only to realise that it was mirror reflecting her own hideous self back to her with her hair standing out in different directions. To say that she was looking like older evil sister of Medusa would be an understatement. She looked far scarier than her. Even all the Disney witches will look beautiful as compared to her, right now. And what she was more worried about was the fact that Damien still tried to kiss her. He really need a brain transplant. She shook her head and huffed.

After ten minutes, she was showered and dressed in a navy blue t-shirt and light blue skinny jeans. She walked out to find Damien sprawled on her bed like a giant. She ignored him and walked to her dressing table. After combing furiously to make her hair look tangle free she tied it back and glared at the strands which fell out, again. She took a deep breath and turned around to face the beast himself. She stepped back in surprise when she found him standing right behind her.

"Let's go." He said with a grin and grabbed her side bag. Instead of walking towards the door he ushered her towards the window.

She stared at him in surprise. She was about to open her mouth to protest against the idea of climbing out of the window when he picked her up bridal style making her throat close. And then before her senses could pick out what was happening, he jumped out of the window with her in his arms. She closed her eyes tightly and her hands went around his neck, holding on to him tightly. She buried her face in his chest and clenched her teeth to prevent herself from letting out an ear piercing scream.

"I wouldn't mind standing here with you in my arms but I think your neighbours are going to throw a fit." He whispered in her ear and let out a throaty laugh.

She looked up at his grinning face and blinked, not knowing what he was talking about. Then she followed his gaze and saw Mrs. Astor, her neighbour, the gossip lady of the town staring at them while her fingers worked furiously on her cell phone. Cherryl wouldn't be surprised if by the noon she became the new gossip topic of the town.

She wiggled out of Damien's arms and he let her go. She swayed a bit but Damien steadied her.

"Next time please do inform before you decide to jump out of the window." She said in a tight voice and grudgingly walked towards his car.

Damien chuckled and followed her.

Drive was silent as usual. After almost fifteen minutes Damien parked the car at the side of the road and walked out, Cherryl followed his lead. While Damien was busy picking up a blanket and a small basket, Cherryl looked around, observing her surroundings. They were on a road which was kind of deserted and surrounded by a thick forest. What he wanted to show her, she couldn't point out.

"Come on." He said and started walking into the forest. Cherryl stood there awkwardly not knowing whether to follow him or run down the road screaming for help.

She observed the road from one side to the other and there wasn't even a single soul in sight. The only living being was the one who was already disappearing behind the trees.  She took a deep breath and decided to follow him. She hurriedly walked to him before he could have disappeared from her sight. They walked further into the denser part of the forest. It felt as if trees were closing up on them. Though sun has started to rise but the trees didn't allowed any rays to reach the ground. Cherryl felt her fear creeping up. She jumped at every little sound and few minutes later she was glued to Damien's side having his arm in a death grip and instead of flinching with pain he was enjoying it.

"Are you planning to kill me and dispose off my body here." She muttered and laughed nervously.

"I couldn't kill you even if I wanted to." He replied and chuckled.

"Yeah right, I know you won't but maybe your other side will." She gulped as the image of black furry beast invaded her mind.

"Well.. maybe it's the other way around. Looks can be deceiving you know." If it weren't for his teasing smirk, proving that he was just joking, she would have ran off by now. She kept her mouth shut after that not wanting to start up any conversations that she wouldn't be able to complete.

She was watching her steps carefully when he announced," Here we are."

Out of curiosity she moved her gaze from her sneakers to the clearing. She gaped at the sight in front of her. It was too beautiful to be put down in words. They were no longer surrounded by the dense trees. Blanket of green grass covered the land. Wild flowers of different colours peeked out from the lush green grass. A few logs were laying around as if welcoming her to sit there and enjoy the heavenly view. In amazement she walked further, where the land slanted downwards giving way to the green mountains which covered the land while the endless lake laid like a blue sparkling ribbon between them. A few were almost touching the sky while white clouds formed a crown around them. Sun tried its best to peak though the white clouds, pouring the yellowish light on the mountains below.

"Wow." She said in a low voice still mesmerised by all the beauty surrounding her and for that time she forgot that she was not alone. She closed her eyes and let the cool air play with her hair.

" I am glad you like it." Damien's voice invaded her mind as he walked to stand just behind her. Too close for her liking but she was too dumbstruck to say anything. In slow motion his arms went around her, caging her in and he rested his chin on her shoulder. He took a deep breath and his warm breath tickled her skin.

" This is a very special place for me and I wanted to share it with a 'very' special person." His bold confession brought her back to the earth and she turned her face towards him in surprise.

She gasped in surprise to have his face so close that their noses were touching. She cleared her throat and removed his arms from around her. She walked away from him towards the blanket that he had laid down but instead of plopping down on the blanket she went and planted herself on the log nearby.

Damien stood there for a moment longer, pushing down his beast and his irritating feelings which were clouding his mind like a fog. He turned around and spotted her sitting on a tree log staring off towards the endless mountain peaks with a small smile playing on her lips. He sighed and walked towards her. He plopped down on the blanket and grabbed the basket, offering it to her.

"What is it?" She asked in a hesitant voice.

"Breakfast for you." He smiled as her eyes widened in surprise.

"I know you must be hungry. " He opened the basket and offered a grilled sandwich to her. She was about to decline his offer but then she decided against it and took it from him, reluctantly.

She took a bite and chewed, enjoying the taste of the creamy whiteness filled inside the crunchy bread.

"Aren't you going to eat?" She asked when Damien placed the basket next to her.

"No, I am fine." He said staring off into the distance.

She sighed and shrugged.

"Wait... You eat normal human food right?" Words were out of her mouth before she could have stopped herself.

"Of course I do. What else would I eat?" He asked looking at her curiously.

'Maybe me.... starting from my arm or leg.' She thought but didn't dare to say it out aloud.

Damien sighed when she didn't replied and shifted his gaze back to the mountains as she continued chewing on her sandwich.

They sat like that in silence for a while soaking in the warmth of the sun. After a while Damien laid back down and closed his eyes.

"I wish I could stay here forever." He heard her whisper in a voice so low that if it wasn't for his beast's senses he wouldn't have even heard her. He opened her eyes and fixed them on her face.

"It's just so peaceful here. It's like I have entered some whole other dimension of the world. I never knew a place like this existed around here." Her words kept flowing from her mouth and he kept staring at her as if she was the most beautiful sight in the world.

Her skin was glowing and her hair was moving slightly as the air played around with the lush black locks. Her cheeks were slightly red. Her grey eyes sparkling like crystals and her lips..so pink.... and inviting... When he realized where the train of his thoughts was going he growled low in his throat, feeling irritated at his beast.

"What time is it?" He heard her ask. He checked his cell phone.

"It's almost eight." He replied in a strained voice.

"We should head back. I don't want to be late for my first lecture." She said as she got up and dusted her jeans.

"You want to leave?" He was surprised at her words.

"I don't want to but I have to, can't miss my lecture." She said and sighed, taking one last look around as if capturing the image forever in her mind.

"Don't worry we can come here anytime you want. You just have to say." He said as he got up and smirked while stepping closer to her.

"We should get going now. I don't want to be late." She said and turned towards the forest. Her protective walls were high up again.

Damien sighed and wrapped up the blanket and picked up the basket. He walked around her and started making his way into the forest, she followed him silently.

"So you are one of those sincere students type." He said in order to strike up a conversation.

"I am just a hard working one." She said trying hard to watch her footing.

They kept quiet after that. Due to rain, green algae was inhabiting most of the forest ground so it was a bit hard to keep her footing balanced. She almost stumbled to the ground a few times but Damien didn't let her fall even for once. She finally sighed in relief when they reached his car.

Damien placed the blanket and the basket in the backseat and then they were driving towards the college, in silence. He parked the car at an empty plot. He was feeling a bit glad that she was finally easing down with him but as soon as he parked the car she jumped out totally ignoring his presence and hurriedly walked inside the college building.

'Great! There goes his ego again, torn into pieces.' He thought and shook his head. Why was he even trying if every time it's going to end up like this. He should just let this stubborn girl go and should focus on others. Right then his beast's strong rage cursed through him, making his head pound.

'Just for you. I am doing this just for you.' He muttered to himself and walked out of the car. He groaned when he realised that he was a bit late already.

Cherryl was trying hard to concentrate on the lecture when Damien walked in. He earned a glare from the professor as he took his seat next to Cherryl. She had no idea why he was even in the class when he spent the whole time burning hole into the side of her face instead of paying attention to what was going in the class. She also noticed that the intensity of his heavy gaze didn't bother her anymore. She was getting used to it, which was a serious problem. He even managed to give her one or two butterflies in her stomach when he took her to the clearing. Now this was the biggest problem that needed to be taken care of.

Damien's beast was throwing a fit as Cherryl was ignoring him. His beast's emotions were effecting him and he felt the pain he was feeling. He knew he has to do something soon, just three weeks were left till the full moon.

Lectures went by just like that and then it was lunch break.

Cherryl was sitting with her friends chewing some fries when she heard the sound of chair next to hers being pulled back. Then a plate filled with fries, two sandwiches and a pizza slice was placed on the spot next to hers, followed by a juice can. Her eyes drifted from the plate to the tanned, muscular arm and then to the black t-shirt with a white sparkling skull on it. Finally, her eyes landed on the face which was smirking down at her. She sighed as she heard the whispers started pouring from everywhere and he ignored them and plopped down next to her.

'Great! There goes her normal life.' Her thoughts made her shake her head.

She shifted her gaze to her two friends, who were silent by now. Rose, who was furiously texting on her phone before, was now staring at Damien with her eyes wide open and her jaw was hitting the table. Nicky, who was babbling about the new dress she just bought yesterday, was now staring at Damien with awe and admiration as if he was Johnny Depp and she was some die-hard fan. Cherryl would not be surprised if Nicky jumped from her seat and asked him to sign her t-shirt or something.

Cherryl gulped and chewed on her fries slowly.

"Won't you introduce me to your lovely friends?" He whispered in her ear.

She wanted to ignore him but one look at her friends hopeful faces made her decide otherwise.

"Umm... T-This is Rose and that's Nicky and t-this is... Damien." She said in an awkward manner and then waited for them to say anything.

"Hi." Both Rose and Nicky said in unison in a high-pitched voice.

"Hello, lovely ladies." He said with a charming smile and grabbed their hands one by one and planted a kiss on their knuckles.

Rose stared at him in shock while Nicky looked as if she was about to faint. She even swooned a bit in her seat. All this scenario made Cherryl roll her eyes.

After that  they silently ate their lunch, it was more like her and Damien were eating while Rose and Nicky kept staring at him and he kept his eyes focused on her which was hell lot of uncomfortable. Cherryl sighed in relief when finally the lunch time got over.

"Well, see you later ladies." Damien said with his famous smirk and ramp walked out of the cafeteria.

"OMG!!! He's so edible!"

"So yummy!"

Rose and Nicky squealed together like school girls as if they were discussing a chocolate cake instead of a guy.

"Bye guys." Cherryl muttered and stood up from her seat, not wanting to hear them gushing about Damien again and again.

"I am never going to wash my hand."

"Me neither. Let's have them laminated."

Cherryl heard them say as she escaped the cafeteria and she tried real hard not to face-palm.

Her next two classes went by and then she was driving home with Damien. Ride was silent and awkward. He parked the car in front of her house. She sighed and walked out.

She heard him say good bye but she didn't bother to reply. She knew she was being rude but right now the only thing she cared about was to get away from him and clear her mind from the Damien-virus which was spreading at a high-speed.

After getting freshened up she tried to finish some of her assignments but her mind was so full of other things like the beast boy himself. Time flew by and then she was on her bed waiting for the sleep to consume her.

She closed her eyes trying real hard to put her brain into the rest mode but it kept flashing the image of Damien again and again. She groaned in frustration and buried her face in the pillow.

He was already making his way into her life, and soon he'll engulf her whole soul like a bacteria which keeps growing in number. She can't let that happen. She cannot let him ruin her normal life and she definitely cannot let him get in the way of her dreams. Her dreams were with her from the day she understood the meaning of having them and she cannot let a guy shatter them into pieces when she's so close to achieve them.

The wicked truth was she has already started to like him even if it was the size of a needle's tip. She sighed and closed her eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318K 10.7K 40
17 year old Alexis has been abused ever since her mom died when she was 16 by her stepfather and stepbrother. She thinks she might as well die. But t...
2.5K 111 16
when 18 year old Kat Maier gets in a fight with a friend in the middle of the night, Kat decides to walk home. that was a terriable mistake she made...
3.1M 70.7K 43
To grow up in a world where female shifters are rare, being one is a big deal- and thats why Cassidy hides that she is one from the rest of the pack...
134K 3.9K 20
Kyle is a gay omega. His dad abuses him because his mom died during his birth. His only salvation is finding a mate on his 16th birthday, in 6 days...