Forbidden Desires - BOOK 1 |...

By RinnieSan

Erika Okarii, a member of the vicious and murderous, Phantom Troupe! Given orders by the boss, Erika is requ... More

PROLOUGE
CHAPTER 1 The Orders Given
CHAPTER 2 Tasks and Obstacles
CHAPTER 4 Hisako
CHAPTER 5 Frenemies, Part-1
CHAPTER 6 Frenemies, Part-2
CHAPTER 7 True Friends
CHAPTER 8 A-MAZE-ing • Meet Up
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18 【FINAL】
Book 2
2k Reads & 100 Votes?!
Thank you guys.

CHAPTER 3 Making 'Friends'

4.6K 147 92
By RinnieSan

【ERIKA】

Tonpa walked over to the three boys with that stupid fake smile like he did to all the other rookies.

The innocent green-haired little boy accepted all the information he and his companions were told and believed he actually made a friend.

Tonpa then handed them all the same horrible juice he gave to everyone else he walked up to.

Taking a sip, the kid immediately retracted the can from his lips.

He said something she couldn't hear from her distance and the blonde and black haired boys were already dumping their juice.

Tonpa and his stubby stature apologized to the boys nervously.

Lying pig.
Erika thought.

After Tonpa walked off Erika closely studied the three boys.

They shouldn't be hard too manipulate.... probably.

She strut towards them, slowly, her shoes barely making a sound beneath her.

Forcing herself, Erika made her features soften to look friendlier as she approached the three.

Closing the distance between her and them, Erika closed her eyes and put on a smile, her purple hair flowing behind her.

She masked her utter annoyance of everyone and held out her hand.

"Hi! I'm Erika."
She beamed.

Erika could feel their eyes on her while the boy shook her hand.

She slowly opened her eyes to reveal the kid smiling at her.

Ugh, this is so... ugh. I don't want friends.

"I'm Gon! And this is Kurapika-" he said, gesturing towards the blonde. "-and Leorio!" He then pointed to the tall man.

"It's so nice to meet you!"
Erika said in her best shrill voice.

Bah, I sound ridiculous and girly.

"Are you guys rookies too?"
She asked with such fake, yet so believable, curiosity.

"We are!"
Gon replied.

Instantly Erika jerked her head to the front as a lavender-haired man with a matching mustache, no mouth though, appeared.

He uses Nen.
She thought.

The man met Erika's gaze with utmost calmness.

Erika glared instead, forgetting that three other people were behind her.

She had noticed him before everyone else did.

If he wanted he could've murdered you all people!

Gon, Leorio, and Kurapika followed Erika's gaze to the front.

"My name is Satotz, I am your first examiner."
Said the lavender man, somehow.

"The Hunter Exam is extremely difficult. If you have run out of luck or if you are disabled-"
Erika didn't hear the rest and nobody moved.

"Very well, all 405 participants shall be taking the Exam. Follow me."
Satotz then robotically-like started walking forwards.

By the second they were moving faster until everyone was running, except Erika who was jogging, slowly.

She stayed near the back where her new companions were running, her facial expression turning back to icy, but calm.

【GON】

Gon had noticed the sudden change in Erika immediately but wasn't sure if he should be concerned.

He inched a bit closer into hearing range before softly asking,
"Hey, Erika-san?"

"Yes?"
She replied, somewhat colder than before.

"Why have your facial expressions and voice changed reasonably?"
He asked.

She sighed. Not as if she were agitated or annoyed, but as if admitted defeat.

"Listen Gon. Just between you and me, I only did that to appear more friendly."

"Why?"
He asked.

"Nothing concerning, I'm just not friendly."

-/\/\/\/\/\-

【ERIKA】

"Nothing concerning, I'm just not friendly."
Erika replied, hiding all agitation that could've seeped out.

Like hell I ain't friendly.

He gave her one of those cheeky smiles before heading back to his group.

Uuuuuugh that smile is so, innocent.

Erika had almost rolled her eyes, almost.

Suddenly, Leorio was out bursting.

"Hey! This is an endurance test! Don't disgrace the Hunter Exam by riding on that skateboard!"

It was the sapphire eyed boy!

Gon started arguing that it wasn't exactly an endurance test just that the participants needed to follow the examiner.

As they bickered on Erika found herself next to Kurapika.

"Hello."
She said.

He was currently not wearing his tribal clothing. Just the white pants and shirt.

"Hello, nice to meet you."
He replied.

He smiled slightly at her. It wasn't cheeky and innocent like Gon. Neither was it strained or forced.

Erika thought his smiles were pretty decent and she wouldn't have to cringe.

She must have looked quite surprised because then, Kurapika asked,

"Are you alright? You look quite surprised. Do I look funny?"

"No, it isn't that. It's just, you don't make me want to hit you."
She said, not even noticing she said it.

"I'm...... flattered?"
He said laughing a bit.

Then Erika noticed what she said.

"Oh I'm so sorry! It's just I'm not much for people who look so cheeky and young. Make me feel bad for them."

When I kill them.

"Feel bad for them?"
He asked, curiously.

"Well cheeky children usually end up naive or tricked at a young age so things could happen, right?"

Look at your situation right now.

"I guess that's true in some cases."

"Hey, Kurapika? How old are you?"
Erika asked suddenly.

"17."

"Young. I'm 16."

"Even younger."
He replied with a slight chuckle that made Erika feel light.

Her lips twitched slightly upwards into as much of a smile she'd give him that wasn't because she was psycho.

She held out her hand in a welcoming manner.

He took it then slightly shook it.

After 3 more hours much had happened.

Gon had met the silver haired boy name Killua, Kurapika and Erika chatted even more about random topics such as favorite foods-colors-and animals, Leorio had a sudden burst of adrenaline and the group made it to a giant flight of stairs.

Taking steps by fives, Erika made it up the steps before everyone else. Gon and Killua were shortly behind her.

By the time everyone was up they were either panting and sweaty or dying slowly on the ground.

Tch, I didn't even try.

Kurapika appeared behind her panting slightly littler than the others.

"How do you move so fast?"
He asked.

Erika shrugged even though she obviously knew the answer.

Keep your distance. You aren't here to make friends.
She reminded herself.

Kurapika nodded at her response and waited patiently with her for something to happen.

Then, the metal exit began to slowly go down as a poor man slowly crawled on the stairs towards the opening.

It closed shut before he got up. Erika had to use all her self control not to laugh, giggle, or smile.

Keep your face neutral or they'll suspect something!

Erika then noticed the red haired man standing there looking at her like a cat watching a mouse.

She stared right back at him her aura slightly seeping out.

Satotz noticed and quickly made his move. He put his hand on her shoulder while walking to the front of the group.

Humph I didn't need help to control myself.

Erika looked away and Hisoka stared up ahead at Satotz as if warning him not to interfere. Heck he probably was warning him.

Damn lustful pedophile with that weird outfit that makes your stomach look like a worn. Burn in hell.
She thought hatefully while using Zetsu to mask all aura that may be seeping.

Satotz finished his speech, finally.

Swindlers Swamp. I've heard about many man-eating monsters desperate for any means to trick humans.

Just then a scratched and bruised man with torn clothes dragging a monkey with a face similar to Satotz came up from behind the wall.

Oh look it's a monster.

Hisoka also seemed to notice. After Leorio, Bald Ninja, and others got fooled by the talk the monster told that Erika wasn't listening to cause she didn't care, Hisoka threw his cards at both Satotz and monster.

Satotz easily caught the cards and the monster... well he dropped dead to the ground. The monkey man noticed the death and swiftly sprinted off.

Ugh when will real things happen?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349K 11.4K 48
FANFICTION!! I DO NOT OWN HXH ctto. of the photo *Completed At first, I thought he's just someone who loves to kill. Who loves to see someone in pai...
176K 5.6K 37
ALL RIGHTS AND PROPERTIES BELONG TO ORIGINAL PEOPLES! I JUST WANT TO MAKE A FANFICTION! (Y/N)'s life has never been easy for her. An abusive mother...
33.2K 723 21
𝘮𝘦𝘵·𝘢·𝘯𝘰𝘪·𝘢 /𝘮𝘦𝘥əˈ𝘯𝘰𝘪ə/ 𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘫𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯𝘦'𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵, 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧, 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘰...
6.3K 139 14
(U) is depressed, and grieving after her entire clan is slaughtered -aside from her brother who she has no idea we're he is- but that's not the worst...