The Billionaire's Secret Sist...

By _trusted

Lyndsy Callaway, a 17 year old senior who is struggling, financially with her adoptive mother. Jason Arscott... More

Introduction ✷
Chapter 1- Arscott ✓
Chapter 2- Flashback ✓
Chapter 3- Leaving ✓
Chapter 4 - Hotel
Chapter 5- Arscott Industries
Chapter 6 - Billionaire with a Hangover
Chapter 7 - Meeting Her
Chapter 8 - Blood Test
Chapter 9 - Lying
Chapter 10 - Secretive
Chapter 12- Answers
Chapter 13- ...things
Chapter 14- Promise Me
Chapter 15- Trust
Chapter 16- Meredith Harper
Chapter 17- "Stalk"
Chapter 18- Relationships
Chapter 19- Bonding
Chapter 20- VXR
Chapter 21- Lockdown

Chapter 11- Gun

2.9K 102 7
By _trusted

Chapter 11- Gun

"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."

-Elbert Hubbard

LYNDSY ARSCOTT- FIRST PERSON

At moments like this I think that there's an evil mastermind behind all the events in my life. Moments that are too out of the ordinary that they probably wouldn't happen in the real-life.

"Um, nothing." I answered, staring into his icy grey eyes that frighteningly held no emotion.

"Looks like something." He said, my eyes were still wide from being caught snooping. After pausing for a seconds he finally spoke up realizing that I wasn't going to move or speak. "Who sent you?"

I thought about my answer. One: tell the truth say no one and have him not believe me, as a result, I might get tortured. Two: lie and say someone did send me, causing him to maybe kill me after getting answers. Three: do not answer and get tortured for answers.

He came closer to me while I was contemplating what to say. Soon enough, we were only a few inches apart.

"No one sent me." I said, trying to keep my voice from shaking and as emotionless as possible.

Next thing I knew, I was pinned up against the wall with his hand around my neck and the other next to my face. His face was dangerously close to mine, as I could feel his minty breath fanning my face.

"You're kind of in my personal space, mister." I squeaked. He ignored my comment.

"Don't lie to me" He growled. My eyes widened a fraction, but hardened soon after.

"I am not lying." I ground out. I could tell both of us were not going to back down. In the spur of the moment I decided that this was not going to get me anywhere, so I did what anyone would've done. Knee him in the balls.

He, in surprise, loosened his grip on my neck giving me the opportunity to bite down on his arm, hard. I pushed him back with all my strength, thanking Derek for all his self-defense lessons and training. Ryder stumbled back giving me the chance to run away, but he was quick to recover. I ran into the living room and to the other side of the couch, he was on the other side, staring into my eyes.

We had a staring contest to see what the other would do. I tried my best to keep a straight face, despite the fear I felt towards him. I took the closest thing to me which happened to be throw pillow and flung it at him. Unsurprisingly, he caught it, but was not prepared for the second to hit him smack in the face.

We ran around the apartment, playing the game of cat and mouse and I was the mouse. I ran around finding things to throw at him, sometimes he'd be able to dodge or catch, but sometimes it would hit him. Things were strewn onto the floor and almost everything was messed up including the couch, kitchen, and bookshelves. We both looked like wild animals with messy hair, his now disheveled suit and my rumpled outfit.

However the TV was the only thing to remain undisturbed.

I threw my shoe at Ryder, but he dodged last second causing it to almost topple over. I paused in surprise and relief that it didn't fall and break. I realized my mistake when we tackled me onto the floor and pinned me down. One hand was wrapped around my neck slightly restricting my air supply, but not hard enough to leave a bruise or inflict enough damage. His other hand was pinning my arms together.

The only sounds in the apartment was our heavy breathing due to probably an hour of chasing. "I wasn't sent by anyone." I said out of breath, but with confidence.

"Why don't I believe that?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at me as the pressure on my neck increased. I opened my mouth to retort but I was interrupted by the unmistakable sound of my best friend.

"What the hell is going on!" The sudden shriek from Emily rang throughout the apartment. The was holding a shopping bag from a nearby store.

"Emily, this isn't what it looks like." I said as best as I could even with a giant hand almost suffocating me.

"Well, it looks like some kinky stuff." Emily said, her face turned a dark red color.

"Exactly, that is not what is happening." I quickly corrected.

"Then what is?" She questioned, with a hand on her propped out hip.

"This idiot thinks I'm a spy from some secret agency." I explained with a glare, aimed straight at Ryder who had been surprisingly quiet.

"Well, you were snooping in my stuff that I told you not to touch." He said.

"Well, I'm a snooper, not a spy!" I exclaimed through ground teeth. "What are you doing Emily?! Help me!"

"Is she with you?" He asked, his glare hardening.

"No, she's not," I said, my voice coated in annoyance, "because I am not apart of some secret spy agency! Emily, why aren't you attacking him?" I asked, my eyes were still trained on Ryder's in a staring contest.

"Violence is not the answer Lyn, besides he's big, and scary." I mentally rolled my eyes at Emily's 'peaceful approach'. I turned my focus to Ryder, who was trying to figure me out. I already assumed that he was a spy or a bodyguard of some sort.

I clear my throat as a plan came to mind.

"Wow Ryder you seem happy to see me." I said sarcastically turning to Ryder after feeling an uncomfortable poke, "Didn't know you were into that kind of that stuff."

"That's my gun."

"Why don't I believe that?" I quoted him mockingly, "Prove it." I raised my eyebrow as if to challenge him. A plan was already forming in my head.

He gave me a glare, but complied and reached into his waistband and sure enough there was a gun. I capitalized on this and used my legs and arms to switch the positions once he had let go of my arms to still hold my neck. I quickly placed my hands on his neck while mentally thanking Derek for training me.

I looked down and realized that the gun pulled out was now trained on my stomach and the safety was now off. I felt stupid hoping that the gun would somehow be flung out of his hands. "Want to try that again, sweetheart?" He asked in a low, husky voice. I was now super agitated thanks to that stupid look on his face.

"Emily, get someone." I demanded with a steely voice.

He shook his head, "Do that and she get's shot." He threatened pressing the gun into my stomach harder. Despite the fear I felt I gave him an extra spiteful glare.

"Fine." I said, my voice full of anger towards him.

My rational side then decided to make an appearance.

I thought back to the USB drive I managed to take and came to the conclusion that it was important, if it were disguised or protected that heavily. If I used it as a bargaining chip, then maybe I could get out of this situation.

"You won't shoot me." I said with confidence.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because, if I were Jason's sister, which I am, then you would have killed Jason's last remaining relative." I cleared my throat, "I also have this important little thing that was with all your weapons." There was a short pause following.

"What do you suggest will happen?" He asked.

"What do you think?" I responded.

"You give it to me and I don't shoot you." He bargained, causing me to cackle and rolled my eyes.

"That's doesn't work that way," I say, my laugh turning into a glare. "If the information you tried to protect so much leaked, then I wonder what would happen?" I pulled it out of my pocket and held it out in front of him.

With a toss across the room, Emily caught it even though she almost dropped it a few times. "Run!" I yelled to her, hoping she got the memo and her computer classes were actually helpful. Maybe she'll ask Derek to help her, he was good at things.

"If you kill me, she'll avenge me." I said. He didn't say anything, only stared at me, but I continued anyway. We were still panting from exhaustion.

"You get up, I get up, you put your gun away, and we talk, like normal people." I said slowly, making sure he understood or won't try to do anything sneaky. He contemplated it in a pause.

Thankfully he complied and we both got up. He checked the gun and it was shown that the gun wasn't even loaded. "You were bluffing!" I shrieked in surprise. He only shrugged and placed it back into his waistband.

"I used it all yesterday." He smirked. I rolled my eyes and looked around to survey the damage.

A few plates/silverware was broken, pillows were everywhere, furniture was out of place (as was the decor), but all in all, it looked like we had a wild party. I was taken back by all the damage, but turned to Ryder.

"So. . .talking?"

This is the real chapter 11, not the other one, but that's a parallel dimension. Hope you like the chapter and if you do leave a comment or vote! Sorry, for the wait and such, but I want to see you guys in the one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 2.2K 67
"Why can't we be together?" "Because then i'll have to kill you." - Cassie lived with her big sister Ariene, She never really knew her parents, Cassi...
647K 18.8K 56
[UNDER EDITING] Meet Ashley Hayes, the 24-year-old girl who was frowned upon by everyone because she was an orphan. The girl who worked two jobs so s...
45.6K 3.1K 34
{This is a free story with paid bonus content} Sequel to Riding South Trapped inside Tenney House and at the mercy of his father, Camilla and South...
96.5K 1.6K 40
Caged, abused and tortured, Ariana's life had been a living hell until she was forced to spy on the most dangerous mafia in the whole world, La Cosa...