Sirens in Seattle

By Forever_young325

When pre-med student Mia gets pulled over on her way to school, she doesn't think that the rude Officer Phoen... More

{Chapter 1}
{chapter 2}
{chapter 3}
{chapter 4}
{chapter 5}
{chapter 6}
{chapter 7}
{chapter 8}
{chapter 9}
{chapter 10}
{chapter 11}
{chapter 12}
{chapter 13}
{chapter 14}
{chapter 15}
{chapter 16}
{chapter 17}
{chapter 18}
{chapter 19}
{Chapter 21}
{chapter 22}
{chapter 23}
{chapter 24}
{chapter 25}
{chapter 26}
{chapter 27}
{chapter 28}
{chapter 29}
{Chapter 30}
{chapter 31}
{chapter 32}
{chapter 33}
{chapter 34} Christmas love
{chapter 35}
chapter 36
{chapter 37}
{chapter 38}
{chapter 39}
chapter 40
{chapter 41}
Epilogue
New Story Posted

{chapter 20}

42.5K 1.2K 61
By Forever_young325

Later on  I grumpily made my self get out of bed after I took a reallllly long nap.

The argument with Phoenix was still fresh on mind so I made sure it stayed in the back.

He hasn't called me or texted and I definitely won't call or text him. If he wanted to be a first class asshole then I wouldn't even bother.

After waking up fully I dragged my feet into my kitchen were I seen we didn't have many ingredients for anything to eat.

I switched out of my sleep shorts and exchanged them for yoga pants then looked for my car keys to grab something to eat. A little bit of fresh air would benefit me.

I wrapped my hair into a ponytail to keep it from flipping all over my face and getting on my nerves.

My flip flops were by the door conveniently so I sipped those on and grabbed my wallet to head to the nearest Target.

The sky was cloudless, but it wasn't particularly shorts weather yet.

As I drove to the store I though long and hard about the argument. All I wanted was Nix to be safe, but I guess I could of understood his point of view a little more , even if it was idiotic.It was understandable he loved his job, and didn't want to fail anyone on his team.

I planned on grabbing myself something for dinner and letting him fend for himself but I didn't want to be petty after understanding why he wanted to go back to work so quick.

Let me rephrase, I wanted to be petty, but I couldn't allow myself to stoop into childish things. Stooping lower wouldn't help the situation any.

I parked in the closest spot possible and made my way into the store, where I gathered the ingredients for a chicken caesar sandwich and some frozen French fries for a side. A little bit of both of our favorites.

Of course the checkout line was overly long and it made me extremely impatient. I wanted to get home and start our surprise dinner and have time to shower.

It didn't help there was a mother with about three kids with her behind me who were all throwing a tantrum for their choice of candy.

I was seconds away from Turing around and telling the kids off myself when the line finally moved and I was able to put my food on the conveyer belt.

I successfully purchased my foods and made my way back to my car where my stomach started to flip a little with happiness, that I was going to be able to make up with Phoenix over a bomb dinner.

I threw my groceries in the back seat and got into my driver seat where i whipped out of the parking lot.

I drove happily the their was no rain or hail to make the driving conditions hazardous.

I turned up the radio to hear Taylor Swift 'Blank Space' as I cruised down the road.

"I have a Blank Space babyy and I'll write your name." I belted along not really paying attention to how fast I was going, which was the reason I soon heard sirens behind me.

I cursed when I looked in my rear view mirror and seen a cop car with flashing lights. I wasn't fortunate enough for it to be Phoenix, so I knew I was about to be ticketed most likely.

I pulled over to the side of the road where i rolled down my window and waited for him to approach me while debating if I should cry or not in attempt to just be let off with a warning.

Soon enough a man about around mid thirties approached me with an annoyed expression.

"What makes you think you can drive that fast in a residential area?" He demanded.

"I didn't  realize I was speeding but it wasn't like I was going 20 miles over the speed limit." I said quietly trying to defend myself as politely as possible, trying to work out the tears.

"License." He's simply said reaching his hand out.

I turned to my purse in the passenger seat and began digging around to find my license. It then hit me I didn't bring my wallet with me, only some cash to pay for my dinner foods.

I dug around in my bag for a little bit, stalling the inevitable before I slowly turned back around and smiled at the unsmiling officer.

"Um, so you see I was in a rush leaving my house and ...." I trailed off hoping he would throw me a bone and let me go.

"Please get out of the vehicle."  He said making me groan.

"Literally Officer, can't you just like run my plates or..?" He cut me off my opening my driver door.

"Out now" he said again.

I obeyed him and slowly got out while he took my keys out of the ignition and grabbed my purse.

"Name?" He asked as I leaned against the door next to him.

"Amelia Hale." I grumbled.

"All right Amelia, hands behind your back." He said.

My eyes winded and my jaw dropped. "W-what? I'm a med student and I've never been arrested or handcuffed in my life!" I told him.

"Well there is a first for everything right." He said looking at me expectantly.

I rolled my eyes and slowly did as he told me to.

He proceeded to hand cuff me and turn me around while he went back to his car and and spoke into his walkie talkie thing.

I , Mia Hale stood on the side of the road handcuffed for no apparent reason. Maybe the little attitude I gave did t help my situation, but today was definitely not the best.

I briefly wondered what I ever did in life to get here because I was good for the most part, I payed taxes and waited for pedestrians to cross.

"Alright Amelia, it seems like my system isn't working right now so I'm not able to run your name. I called for another officer unit, so go ahead and sit tight while we wait." He said while placing his hands on his hips.

"I'd rather stand, thank you." I replied leaning against my car.

The silence we stood in wasn't awkward but I'm pretty sure he felt my annoyance radiating off me.

"Oh thank god." I said making the officer turn his head and look at the police cruiser that was upcoming.

My gratefulness turned to dread when I seen who got out of the other squad car.

Sometimes it really sucks having a police officer boyfriend. Like really sucks.

Phoenix stepped out of his car and stretched before walking over to his colleague.

He hadn't seen me yet and I'm pretty sure my armpits were getting really damp with the nerves that racked through my body.

They talked for a second , Phoenix's back to mine until the other officer gestures toward me causing Nix to turn around.

The second he saw me his jaw dropped and I have him a sheepish grin.

He took is dark aviators off as if to make sure it was really me.

The fact I couldn't read his face made me really anxious.

"Yeah I got it from here, I'll just write a traffic ticket." Phoenix explained to the other officer waving him off.

"Alright thanks, see you at clock out." He replied before giving me a cold stare.

Phoenix waited until he got into his car and drove away before coming over to me and turning me around to take the handcuffs off.

"I'm really sorry Nix, I didn't mean to cause any trouble, I know I'm being a burden and stressing you out." I tried to explain quickly as he turned me around to face him.

I expected him to yell at me and have an argument like this morning but even worse.

What surprised me was the huge dorky grin that crossed his face that was followed with laughter.

"How did you even get handcuffed?!" He said through laughs.

I felt my skin cool and I immediately felt utterly relieved. "Your not mad?" I asked him.

"Mad? This is way too hilarious I should of taken a picture. I mean if anything I would of rather been the one to put you in handcuffs." He said winking at me.

I couldn't help but wrap my arms around him as tightly as possible breathing in his fresh and cool cologne.

"I'm so sorry about this morning." I muffled into his stomach.

"Your sorry? No I'm sorry, I shouldn't of left they way I did without saying bye or anything. I have a surprise for you when we get home, you'll love it." He said softly pushing me back a little so we could make eye contact.

-------------
Comment pretty please!
Voteeee!
Thank you literally so much for everything guys, your my inspiration to keep writing.

DISCLAIMER!!!!!!!
So sometimes in this story Mia has an attitude with police officers and kinda is rebellious to them. It is only for the sake of this story. ALWAYS LISTEN TO POLICE OFFICERS AND ALWAYS BE RESPECTFUL! Love ya guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142 42 19
Since her teenage days Mia has always felt like she was somewhere she didn't belong, once she did meet someone who she thought was the one; but inste...
18.4K 322 28
Mia has no one. She's learned to accept that and move on. Walls built around her are stopping everyone from reaching her. But what happens when sh...
6.6K 649 49
One direct text message. To the wrong person. Coincidence, fate, mistake, call it whatever you want. All Mia Lynch knows is that when she texted so...
165K 3.8K 46
June 2021 - July 20. 2022 I'm bad at showing how I really feel but I want you to know I care about you. You showed more than my own parent could, mo...