Don't Fall for Me

By juliannav135

I was doing just fine my junior year of high school. I mean I did pick fights once in a while and my grades w... More

Part 1: I Stole His Motorcycle
Part 2: Don't Fall for Me
Part 3: Prom?
Part 4: Got it
Part 5: Forbidden from Prom
Part 6: Two-Strings
Part 7: Get Out!
Part 8: Burning Jealousy, Shattered Pearls
Part 9: Did You Just Kiss Me?
Part 10: Wrong Number
Part 11: Careful Angel
Part 12: Drowning
Part 13: Falling
Part 14: Mother
Part 15: Finn and the Devil
Part 16: Angel vs. Devil
Part 17: Do as I Say
Part 18: Date
Part 19: Fix It
Part 20: I Stole His Motorcycle Again
Part 21: Crash
Part 22: An Old iPod
Part 23: Feathered Tattoo
Part 24: Roses are Red...
Part 25: Not What it Looks Like
Part 26: His Game
Part 27: Think About it Angel
Part 29: All Aliens Return to Space
Part 30: Spin the Bottle
Part 31: Roommates?
Part 32: Honeymoon
Part 33: I Hate Ryker
Part 34: A Picture Lasts Longer
Part 35: New Tattoos
Part 36: Not Him
Part 37: Mine
Part 38: I'm Dreaming Right?
Part 39: See You Around
Part 40: It's Not Me, It's You
Part 41: I've Fallen For You
Part 42: Ryker's Song
Part 43: Xander's True Love
Part 44: What You Do Best
Part 45: Take Her
Part 46: Sorry Won't Cut It
Part 47: Make You Jealous
Part 48: Xander's Date
Epilogue: 5 Years Later
Bonus Part: Ryker and Eve's Wedding
NEWS

Part 28: Good Riddance Jerk

10.1K 439 32
By juliannav135

"Oh God, X! Please help me," I begged over the phone that night when I got home, "Ryker dropped a huge hint that he had feelings for me and I think..."

"You do, too. Jeez, Eve. Riley and I, and just about everyone else, have known for a while now," Xander said.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" I yelled, "That's not what I wanted you to say!"

Xander sighed and said, "Oh, my bad. How can you possibly have feelings for that jerk? He's an ass to you and you hate him. I think you're just confused about what happened with Finn."

We've been on the phone for over an hour now, with myself doing all of the talking. I told him about every single thing that had happened tonight.

I raked a hand through my hair and said, "You're so right. Thanks, X."

I blew out a sigh of relief. Phew, for a second there I thought Ryker and I liked each other. I couldn't keep doing this to myself. I keep thinking he likes me when he doesn't. I'm really stupid.

"Hey, listen. How about we go out tomorrow, just the two of us, since we don't have school tomorrow. All Aliens Return to Space 3 comes out tomorrow night at twelve!"

I squealed like a little ten year old girl and clapped my hands, "Oh my gosh! We have to go. I heard this is the final installment of the series which means we get to find out if the Aliens ever find their spaceship!"

Xander was my best friend for a reason. He knew just what to say to take my mind off of things. I completely forgot what we had been talking about before. We went on talking for another hour about nothing in particular until I hung up to go to sleep.

~*~*~*~

I woke up super late the next day, making sure I rested a long time. Xander and I would be staying up late to watch the new movie. I had to be prepared.

I went downstairs at around one o'clock to eat breakfast. I guess it would be brunch now. I turned the corner into the kitchen and stopped dead in my tracks.

My mom had her back to me and was making coffee. That wasn't what made me freeze.

I froze because of the man who was sitting in my father's seat again.

I clenched my fists as my vision went white.

Grinding my teeth, I growled, "I thought I told you that's my father's seat."

Christopher folded the newspaper he was reading and laid it down on the table. He was wearing casual clothing; a sweater and a pair of khakis.

My mom spun around when she heard the tone of my voice. Christopher slightly moved his head and she crossed her arms. No doubt she wanted to chide me for my attitude.

"I'm sorry, Evangeline. I'll move right away," he ran a hand through his salt and pepper hair and stood up against my mother's protests. Then he sat down in the seat that my mom always sat in. She smiled gratefully at him and seemed to apologize for my tone at the same time. He smiled back in understanding.

I couldn't take it anymore. This man can't just barge into my life expecting to completely replace my father. He's tried it twice now.

But then I looked at my mom. Her face flashed with hurt when she looked at me. She quickly changed her expression to pleading.

That's when it hit me. I wasn't hurting Christopher by being a bitch to him. I was hurting my mother. I would do anything for her. I've been selfish this entire time.

I've been angry at her for dating him without thinking about her side of the story. Dad would want her to be happy, and if this is what makes her happy, then I would have to agree with him.

For my mom, I was going to suck it up and be nice to Christopher and it would have to start with an apology.

I unclenched my fists and wiggled my fingers before taking a deep breath. I laid my hand against my forehead as I said, "I'm sorry, Mr. Walker. This is just all so new to me and I wasn't quite ready. I don't really mean everything I just said about..."

Christopher gave me a genuine smile and said, "Don't worry about it. I understand. I would act the same way you did in your situation."

I hadn't been able to get past the fact that Christopher was dating my mom. I'd thought he was here to replace my dad. I had it all wrong.

He was here because he loved my mom and made her happy. He wanted to make her happy.

I smiled back at him and then smiled at my mom, showing her it was alright. She beamed back at me and handed me an omelette. I thanked her by hugging her and sat down across from Christopher in my usual seat.

I ate the omelette fast and then told my mom about my plans for tonight. Christopher slipped me a twenty dollar bill for the movies without my mom catching him. I laughed and pocketed the money.

Maybe I could grow to like this guy. He wouldn't be anything like my dad, but I could still like him.

~*~*~*~

Xander honked his car horn from my driveway and I dashed out the door. My mom and Christopher had gone out on another date tonight and I was actually in support of it.

When I got in the car, Xander peeled out of my driveway without even letting me get my seatbelt on. I struggled to strap it on with one arm as he sped through the streets.

"I thought you were a safe driver," I remarked.

"I am. But you only get to see All Aliens Return to Space 3 on the opening night, once," he said.

I cracked up and he laughed with me. I turned on the radio.

Ryker's voice boomed throughout the car and I slammed my hand on the off button. Shit, he was even on the radio now.

"Ew," I said.

Xander just rolled his eyes and kept driving. We made it to the theater really early since we had left at ten p.m. The movie didn't start for another two hours, but who cared. We were guaranteeing our seats right in the front row by getting here early.

Xander dropped me off in front of the theater so I could get us tickets and save a spot in line while he went to find a parking spot in the crowded lot.

I went inside and stood in line to buy our tickets. It wasn't that long of a line, but the line to actually get into one of the cinemas was already getting long.

I jumped into the snack line that was short because no one wanted to waste time buying food when they could be saving a spot in line to see the movie.

When it was my turn to order I said, "Hi, I'll get the extra large-"

Then I looked up and almost vomited.

Tracey Evans was standing at the register in front of me, taking my order. She glared at me. Her makeup covered every inch of her face, but I could still see her orange spray tan peeking underneath the collar of her work shirt.

"Fat ass," she muttered.

I whipped my head up and grit my teeth.

"What did you just call me?" I said, low in my throat.

She smirked and flipped her long pony tail over her shoulder. I knew she had fake extensions in by the way her hair was two different colors.

"You heard me," she said raising a perfectly sculpted eyebrow.

I propped my hands on the glass counter, angling my face close to hers and said, "Fake pumpkin."

She gasped and I hopped back down. Then I said, "I want an extra large popcorn, two large sodas, and this box of candy."

She huffed and went to get my order. She filled the sodas first and handed me one. As I was taking it from her hand, her fist tightened around the plastic cup. My eyes widened as she squeezed harder until the cup burst.

Soda flew all over me. I jumped back in surprise, ramming into the person behind me who grunted. I muttered an apology and held my wet shirt away from me.

Ugh, she ruined my favorite concert t-shirt of Black Veil Brides. Believe me, I'd love nothing better to do than to get revenge on her, but if I didn't hurry to clean my shirt, then it would be permanently stained.

So, I settled for chucking the box of candy at her and then running in the opposite direction towards the hallway with the bathrooms. As I neared the corner, I heard two voices. I stopped, pressing myself against the wall so I couldn't be seen.

A deep voice rumbled, "I don't want to, but I have to."

"Oh, but baby. It's our one month anniversary next week. You can't miss that," a whining, high pitched female voice complained.

I poked my head around the corner and almost puked for the second time in a matter of minutes.

Ryker had Hannah squished against the wall and was nuzzling her neck. She had her back arched against him and had her hands running through his hair. She moaned as he kissed her neck.

"Two-Strings is going on tour across the United States," he said between kisses.

Well, damn. His band was getting to be an even bigger hit than I had thought.

"I'll come with you," Hannah whispered so I could barely hear her.

She moaned again and I tightened my hand around my shirt. A spark of jealously flashed through me for some reason.

Something cold and wet on my shirt made me look down. Oh, right. I had been on my way to the bathroom to wash my shirt when I had heard these two idiots talking.

I stepped out from around the corner and walked towards them. They were positioned just a few feet in front of the girl's bathroom, so I'd have to walk around them.

Ryker's eyes left Hannah for a second when he heard me approach. I flipped him off and kept walking.

I heard him chuckle and Hannah yelled a few swear words my way. I waved behind my back and said, "Good riddance, jerk. Break a leg on your stupid tour. I mean it, go break your leg."

Then I continued into the bathroom to clean my shirt, ignoring whatever they were saying about me.

I told myself I didn't care that Ryker was going to be gone for a while. I told myself I didn't care he had just been making out with Hannah.

I told myself those lies enough times that I eventually believed them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 1K 28
"I told you to leave me alone. Are you stalking me?" I asked the little shits. "Of course not! Rude much?" Noah gasped, his hand over his heart. "I a...
177K 3.5K 43
"You're such a jerk" I say, my cheeks heating up. "Oh really,?" He said, taking a step closer and his breath fanned my face. I didn't know what to sa...
263K 10.5K 29
Started 16.4.17 Finished 7.6.17 HIGHEST RANK IS #10 IN TEEN FICTION :) Current cover is by @Aisling_Page "Hey," an unfamiliar voice said behind me, I...
75.9K 1.4K 41
She was the girl who had panic attacks. He was the boy who made her panic attacks excel. Both throw daggers at each other, to say the least, they wer...