How To Be: Punk || Mericcup ✔...

By deleting_kat

Hiccup Haddock, well known around school for being one of the smartest kids in North. P. High School, is stru... More

Hey There!
Chapter 1: ...And The Punk
Chapter 2: Aurora Avenue
Chapter 3: EMO FREAKS!
Chapter 4: Step #1; See The Punk, Be The Punk
Chapter 5: What Lies Underneath
Chapter 6: Step #2; The Ways Of The Punk
Chapter 7: Know Your Competition
Chapter 8: Step #3; Music Is Key
Chapter 9: Step #4; T Is For Tattoos...
Chapter 10: Step #5; ...And P Is For Piercings
Authors Note
Chapter 11: Your My Juliet, I'm Your Secret Romeo
Chapter 12: Black Mail Fail
Chapter 13: Uneasy Hearts Weigh The Most
Chapter 14: Step #6; Badass Or Dumbass?
Chapter 15: I'm Sorry!
Chapter 16: Love Me For Who I Am
Chapter 17: Your Forever is All That I Need
Chapter 19: Inseparable
Epilogue: New Beginnings

Prolouge: The Nerd...

561 16 5
By deleting_kat

High school...

Oh the beauty.

And when your a piece of art with a turtle neck sweater amd your glasses sliding off your face as you struggle to keep your stack of books together and up.

Classic sight, isn't it?

I'm known as the nerd, as you may have predicted. I don't mind very much either honestly, being known for having good grades throughout school isn't as bad as an idea most people would frame on it, plus, the fact that I don't hang out with nerd-like people. Unlike many people in this school, their reasonable people with common sense, just more on the attractive side, but its not like I'm their "Duff" or something, their, to many peoples surprise, legitimately my friends.

"Hic, hurry up!" The voice of my pale skinned friend, Jack, called across the hall

"Coming!""Hiccup! Wait!" A familiar voice called behind me. I turned around to see Astrid, running to keep up.

Astrid was some sort of shotgun princess ever since she was smaller, and forst met me through my dad, and since the age of 13, has been my girlfriend since the eighth grade. Surprisingly, in the moment, I realized how lucky I was to actually be in this sort of condition, and managing to maintain a relationship woth one of the most peer-adored people in school.

Boy was I wrong.

"Hey Astrid, what's up?" I asked, leaning in for a kiss, but received nothing in return. I quirked an eyebrow at her blank expression and awkwardly shifted back into place.

"Hey um, is there something...wrong?"  "Can we talk somewhere..?" She asks, her face growing a bit tighter.
"Uh, I kind of have Jack and the guys waiting on me, I don't really want to keep them wa-" "I'm breaking up with you."

What?

I just stood there, frozen, uknowing what to say until i finsly managed to spill out;

"Wait...What?"

"We're done, you know....?Through...? Can you hear or do you need hearing aids to go with those stupid nerd glasses of yours?" She snapped at me in response. "Wait, wait- What? You-your breaking up with me because of how I look? Is-is that why?" I asked angrily.

"Looks like you can catch on pretty quickly, huh Brain Boy? You do understand that this Senior prom is coming up, right? I can't be seen around someone like you, Hiccup, it'd ruin my reputation. Plus, I'd rather go with Macintosh...He asked me and I said yes." "You said What?!" "Just get over it you big baby, grow a pair, will you?"

And that my friend, was the breaking point. Here, imagine this:

You've been spending this whole relationship with a girl you knew was way out of your league, having to spend your every last dime on whatever she wanted, or "needed" as she proclaims, then having to carry her around like a slave, doing her homework, spending lended money on things for her, and then, you hear that.

Get the picture?

Good. Let's move on.

"I am so tired of your shit, Astrid! Are-Are you actually...? Have you-Have you been faking this whole so called "relationship"?" I growled back, making her jolt. "...I don't even care anymore, go on and live your dream with 'Mac & cheese' or whatever the fuck his name is, because we're through."

She snickered.
"That's all I needed to hear." She responded simply, walking away.

I grunted, turning to see the extened eyelids of shock from my friends.

"C'mon, let's go." I growled, grabbing my book bag and stomping out the front door.
"You gonna be alright, Hic?" Flynn asks as we walked down the small stairs, attwmpting to place his hand on my shoulder. "Yes, I'm fine." I paced quickly as the noise of a loud engine rung in my ear.

I took a step on the road near the parking lot, looking down at the ground. "HICCUP, WATCH OUT!" Jack screamed. "Huh?"

I lifted up my head to see a motorcycle racing towards me, I froze, looking at it as though I was a deer staring into the headlights of a car.

The vehicle butted into me, causing me to fall and my things to go went flying. The screeching of tires echoed through the parking lot as I hear the motorcycle come to a halt.

"Hey man, watch it!" I exclaimed with a groan. The motorcycle driver quickly got off the bike, taking the helmet off. My eyes widen as I realized that wasn't a guy...it was a girl.

She swished back her fiery red curls and ran over to my side.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry, did I hurt you?!" She asked full of worry and concern. "Um...yes..I mean, no! I-i'm fine!"

This girl...She stood out from the rest, definitely. She wore a leather jacket and a white tank top with a faded grey skull, black skinny jeans with a chain hanging from it, fingerless biker gloves on her hands.

She has milky white skin and beautiful sapphire eyes, decorated with snake bites and tapers, along with a small arrow tattoo on her neck. She had sort of a Scottish accent when she spoke.

"It..it was my fault, I shouldn't have gone on the road like that." I say. "Here, let me help you up." She says kindly, giving me a hand. "Thanks." I smiled, standing up.

She takes off her leather jacket, throwing it on her motorcycle and began picking up my things.

"Again, I am so sorry, I didn't see you and-" "It's fine, really." I assured, helping her with my stuff.

She sighed, but then looked up at me with a smile. "I'm sorry...I didn't even ask who you are." She chuckled. "Oh, well, I'm uh..." I trailed off, not wanting to say my embarrassing name.

"Is there something wrong...?"
She asks. I swallow, "No, it's just my name is super embarrassing..." I sighed.
"I won't judge, I'm just trying to know your name, not make a laughing stock out of you." She assured with a friendly smile.

"Hiccup...Hiccup Haddock." I said, taking a deep breath in.
She stuck out a hand, "Merida DuhBroch." She says.
I brightened, shaking her hand.

"Hey Hic, you alright?" The guys raced over. "Yeah...I'm fine." I chuckled, dusting myself off.

Flynn squinted his eyes at Merida, examining her from head to toe. I quirked an eyebrow at him while he began  massaging his temples, as though he is trying to recall something, and at an instant, he snaps his fingers in remembrance.

"Merida! Oh my God, I haven't seen you in so long I almost forgot you!" He exclaims.

"Huh?"

"Don't you remember me? Flynn, from middle school?" He hinted.
"Oh! Aw man, I haven't seen you in a while!" Merida chuckles as they shared a strange little handshake.

"Peter and Jim would be so stoked to see you, you and Peter are basically twins by now, well, except without the curls." Flynn snickered.

Merida laughs as Flynn walks over and picks up her leather jacket off the seat. "Your really heading your own path, huh? What happened in Scotland? I thought you said you were staying there for good." He asked, placinf it down once more. "I got accepted into a music school around here, just need to finish my last year of high school, and I'll be heading straight to that school, only a few minutes from here." "Your moving here? Seriously?!" He asked with a grin. She nodded.

"Ahem!" Kristoff grunted, inturrupting him. "Oh..yeah, how rude of me.." Flynn rolls his eyes. "...This is Krisoff, over there is Jack, and I'm guessing you've met Hic already."

She nodded once again, just then, her phone out breaks into the sounds of drums and guitars, making us jolt.

"Oh..sorry...that's my dad..I guess I better start heading home." She chuckled, turning it off. "See you tomorrow." I smiled. She smiled back, placing herself on her motorcycle and sliding on her helmet as she started up her engine.

"See 'ya, Hic." She says, then speeds away out onto the road.

I see her jacket slide off of her seat, carried by the wind and being slapped onto my face as I breathe in her apple-sweet scent.

"Having a fun time smelling that, you weirdo?" Jack smirks with a laugh, taking the jacket off my face. "Shut up." "Aww man, it's already three and we're wasting our time! We need to get back to my place to play some video games!" Kristoff complained.

"Ok, let's just start going home, Hic, I suggest you hold onto that so that tomorrow one of us can hand it back to her." Flynn says.
I nod, hanging it on my shoulder.

And just for that single moment, Jack continued to label me as a creep for even breathing on the jacket.

______________________________________________________________

Sort of an intro...ARGH! I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE!
:P
Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I've decided not to post chappies daily, so I'm just gonna do my own thang...but you should see another chapter this or next week...probably...?
Anyways, as I was saying,
Hope you all enjoyed this little prologue and thanks so very much for reading,
Read, Vote, Comment,
I love you Fuzz-Balls,
BAI!
:3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 5.5K 22
Merida DunBroch wants nothing more than to spend her days horse riding and shooting arrows with her bow and spending time with her best friend, Rapun...
39.4K 1.6K 37
It started out as a feeling, which then grew into a hope, which then turned into a quiet thought, which then turned into a quiet word but the...
84.6K 3.2K 33
The fate of the world rests on the shoulders of five young impressionable teenagers, all from five vastly different worlds. And all chosen by the Man...
13.8K 832 41
Jack Frost is like his name, cold. He is mean to everyone placing him at outcast status at his new school. Elsa Winters is the most popular girl at s...