Rose pedals (a Vampire Academ...

By mony1231

This story takes place 2 years after the book Last Sacrifice. It fallows Rose when Robert comes back for reve... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chaptre 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapte 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 30 part2

Chapter 21

419 16 1
By mony1231

Rose's point of view

"Rose control it. You are the one in control." Adrian keeps on reminding me while trying to calm me down. I wanted to stop thinking and for all my stress to go away. Once Adrian pleased his hand on my cheek all my pain went away because I wasn't in my body. Once I open my eyes I was staring straight at me just like last time. "Rose come back you can't stay in my head," he pulled away, however, I was still present inside his mind. He would shake me but I was too relaxed in his mind that I didn't want to leave.

"You are not me. You are Rose Hathaway control your emotions and come back to your body!" He said and I finally detached from his subconscious. My breath was unsteady and all came back like a punch to the face. "Rose. You are Ok? you controlled it." He didn't make direct physical contact but I could feel something stronger. Compulsion. "Control." He used a stronger portion of compulsion and it took me a few seconds to get past the magic.

"I wish I could but the whispering, and... and the feeling of not being able to help yourself." I started scratching again. "Get me tequila," I said and he didn't think of it twice. I need alcohol in my system to make the magic's power vanish. Adrian went to look for a bottle in the small bar that was in one of the corners of my room. He grabbed the bottle and 2 shot glasses. Adrian started filling up on of the glasses and I didn't hesitate in pouring it down my throat. My chest hurt but the physical pain took over the mental pain. He handed me the next glasses and I did the same as the first one. I stopped scratching but the whispers were still in the back of my head. 

"Shit that hurts," I coughed out. "Give me now a whiskey," I said and Adrian was on it. After 3 tequilas later and 2 whiskeys and I was without problems except for well being extremely dizzy. "Rose go to sleep," our eyes locked and I let the composition take control of me. And the world went dark.

The next morning it was a nightmare. I was super nauseous and the first thing I did was get up and take 3 steps before falling down. "Dammit," I said the sun was already up and a smell intoxicated me. It was sweet and it made my nausea become stronger. I got back on my feet by holding on to whatever I could as I made my way towards the restroom.

"Rose?" someone came in with a strong sweet perfume. "Lissa please don't come any closer," I said while coming to my knees in front of the toilet. I was about to tell her to stay way but vomit came first. "Rose. Do you need help?" Lissa opens the restroom door and the sent of the perfume grew stronger. "Get Sydney and please stay way." The vomit kept on coming and Lissa went to get Sydney.

"Rose I am here." Sydney came next to me and hold my hair out of the way. "Sydney tells Lissa to stay at the door if anyone comes." Sydney went to tell Lissa and came back. A few minutes later the vomit stopped but the nausea was still there.

"Here," Sydney handed me cotton with alcohol and nausea slowly started to vanish. "Adrian told me that he took some drinks with you. I also read the results," Sydney was rubbing my back. Sydney now knew a little bit more about what was happening and Lissa had to stay out of it. I didn't want Lissa to worry about me but only her happiness.

"Be quiet! Look we can talk about it later but in private. I want to be the one to tell Lissa and all the others. So BE QUIET!" As soon as I started speaking vomit started to climb up my throat. I went back to my kneeling position and Sydney pulled my hair out of the way.

"Dimitri doesn't come in." Lissa's voice came from the door of the room. She was trying to stop Dimitri from coming into the room. Sydney closed the restroom's door and locked it so that no one would see us. "Lissa I have to see her. What happened to her?" Dimitri was trying to come in.

Just within a second, I wasn't in my body anymore but in Lissa's. "Dimitri stop." She would try to grab on to his duster but Dimitri was faster. "Guardian Belikov as your Queen I ordered you to exit this room or you will be arrested for not listening to your Queen." Lissa used her queen voice and Dimitri's skin went cold. I could feel some compulsion in her strong word.

Dimitri was shocked. He turned around for the restroom's door and faced Lissa. "As you say, my Queen," Dimitri said and walked away. I came back to my normal body and took a deep breath. "What was that?" Sydney said scared not knowing what had just happened to me. I leaned on the wall as I tried to calm down.

"We will talk about that later. Bring Adrian and keep Dimitri and Lissa away. Tell them. Tell them I was just a little motion sick from all those days in the train. Yeah, tell them that." I started smelling the cotton with alcohol again try to keep Lissa's perfume out of my mind. Sydney walked away and left the restroom. The whispers were still in my head however they were the least of my worries thanks to my massive headache. I would call my condition at the moment a super hungover.

"Little Dhampir, I got you don't worry," Adrian said opening the restroom's door. I was hit by stronger sent of cigarette smoke, and nausea came back. "Forget it... get out... you smell worse than Lissa," I said placing a hand over my nose. "Get over it, Rose. I can take away you're worried. There called Pain killers and they work wonders," Adrian handed me a glass of water and 2 little pills. I didn't understand how this would work but I was so frustrated with this stupid headache I took them.

After a while, I started to feel 10% better however the pills weren't strong enough. "Not working Adrian," I said angrily at the medication. "What do you want me to do?" "I don't know. Haven't you been hungover a million times before?" I was holding on my head. Scared that if I let go I would fall apart. "I know I am an expert, however, I have much more experience with alcohol than you little Dhampir."

"Can you use compulsion to make me forget about the pain or heal my headache." I wanted to feel better and start planning Lissa's proposal, but the pills weren't helping. I knew that my regular self would kick me in the ass for being too weak, but I was more than despret. Dealing with magic was just something I was more than I could take.

"Sorry little Dhampir, after using that much compulsion on you yesterday I started to feel bad so I took some antidepressants and I am out of magic." Adrian grabbed some of his pills that he had brought as well as the pain killers and handed me some of his pills for depression. "Look this is what we can do. The pill that you take for you nerves aren't working as long as you would wish and that makes the magic come back. Take 2 of these every 6 hours and you won't be able to see auras all day. Yet I don't have anything for the headache." Adrian handed me the little container with his antidepressants and water. I took them and felt the magic beginning to become less menacing, yet the headache was still a pain in the butt.

"Thanks," I said while grabbing on to the sink to get on my feet utterly forgetting I didn't really have steady legs. "Rose...!" Adrian caught me and saved me from further pain. "I wish my life was less complicated," I said as Adrian lade me back on the ground. The nausea increased thanks to me getting up but I couldn't vomit again because of the pills so I calmed myself down.

"Sydney can you please bring the wheelchair?" Adrian told Sydney. A few seconds later Sydney opens the door entering with my lovely char. Adrian came to his knees and picked me up. He wanted to place me on my wheelchair, but no way In hell I was going back to sitting on that. I tried to move my legs and it actually works. Adrian tried to placed me down but I pushed the chair away. "Rose get on the bloody chair," Adrian said I rotated by my movements.

"Are you kidding me of course not. I will never place my ass on that horrible thing. It's only slowing me down. Adrian, you should have seen me I was walking. I walked all the way to the restroom," I said proudly. Adrian looked unsurprised and keep on trying to please be down on the chair. "Well, you aren't walking any more sweetheart. First of all, you still have alcohol in your system, and to top it off Lissa has already threatened to bye Josie a new music CD of Frozen if you ever get another scratch on you. Do you know how annoying the song Let it go is?" Adrian spoke as Sydney just giggled. "Adrian if you place me near that wheelchair I swear I will get Shiloh that song in every way humanly possible."

Adrian found no other way possible to carry me to my bed and Sydney came behind us. "Damnit little Dhampir your so annoying," Adrian placed me on my bed and sat next to Sydney on the edge of my bed. "Rose we have to talk about your- um well you know what." Sydney tried her best to describe it. She pulled the document that I went over last night and my heart stopped for a second. "Not a lot of people know about this document's existence. Let alone that it has cost a change on you," Sydney explained. She pulled out more papers and substance.

"The best way I could explain what happened is that you are 75% moroi," I was speechless but calm as the words came out of her. "Just like us Alchemist, you were infused with Moroi blood. However, unlike us, humans receive a small dose of blood and gold to get our tattoos. You in the other hand were injected with high amounts of different types of Moroi blood and charmed liquids. Us as humans occasionally get sick or die from the blood. Now somehow you survive and your body adapted to the change even though it was such a big portion of blood. We believe it was because you're the body has been through a lot of spirit tanks to being shadow kissed. Causing your blood to become a type of poison like Strigois blood. Yet you are not a strigoi and can't create strigois so you can be calm," I was better now getting the strigoi pat out of the way.

"Now about your abilities. When we get our tattoos we gain good stamina and long life. But with you... Well, you as a Dhampir were borne with all of that and more, and by being induced with moroi blood... your blood mutated into 25 percent more moroi blood than a Dhampir's. You won't be drinking blood any time soon, however, you evolved enough that you generated spirit magic thanks to all the spirit use on you." All the pieces we falling in place and I started to see more clearly.

"So it is temporary. Right. Just like your tattoo, right. I will go back to normal, right?"I was glad this was going to be over in a few weeks. "Rose, our tattoos are temporary because of the compounds used on them, the fact that it's made with small portions, and also because we are humans makes everything different. I am sorry to tell you but thanks to all the magic use on you... your new abilities will more likely remain... forever," Sydney said and I was speechless. I couldn't stay like this forever. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 5.3K 37
*A Vampire Academy AU fanfic* An AU fic that branches away from the main storyline during Shadow Kiss: after the cabin, fight, and cave rescue. Dimit...
63.2K 1.5K 18
I do not own any rights to the Vampire Academy series that all belongs to Richelle Mead. This is a Fanfiction from the books. This all takes place af...
53.5K 922 12
This book is based off the Vampire Academy Series after Last Sacrifice.This book is more about Dimitri and Rose’s life after Last Sacrifice and is mo...
6.6K 284 38
Dimitri still feels guilty for how he treated Rose when he was a Strigoi. When he starts receiving letters from Nathan, detailing exactly all the dis...