Life Starts Now

By bear8tea

(BoyXBoy) Every story needs a good beginning to impress the readers, make them beg for more. Well this, is no... More

Chapter one
ChApTeR tWo~
Chapter THREE~!
CHAPTER FIVEEEE
CHAPTER SIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Chapter seven!
Chapter 888888
HOLY CHEESE CHAPTER NINE!
CHAPTER TEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chapter 11~
Chapter 12!!!!
Chapter 13 ^^
Chapter 14
chapter 15
CHAPTER 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Learning to Live Again (sequel description)

Chapter Four~

7.4K 294 17
By bear8tea

D: still no new comments or favs.........i hope it's just because I'm not very popular on here.....BUT ANYWHOOO IMMA KEEP WIRTING NO MATTER WHAT~!!!!!!

Comment and I'll love you :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next week Alex follows me everywhere, he tried following me into the bathroom, but I told I'd be fine so he patiently waited outside the door. I like having him around me, although he sort of made me feel like a little kid. He helps out with everything I do. After about a week I admit I was getting pretty annoyed with it. So today when he tried to help out with lunch I finally told him how I felt.

"A-Alex!" I frown. I was just making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I think I could do it myself!

"It's okay Leo, I can do it for you." Alex says grabbing the butter knife from me and scoops out some peanut butter.

"Alex! I can do it myself! I know how to make a sandwich!" he sees that I'm aggravated and frowns.

"I was just trying to help." He mutters. Now it was my turn to frown. He was just trying to help. I should have let it go. Now I owe him an explanation of why I was so irritated. I sigh, "I'm not a baby. I don't need all this help." I blush and smile a little, "a-although I think it's-" Alex stops me with a hug.

"I'm sorry Leo! I was just concerned. I was just trying to make sure nothing got you upset, so that you wouldn't... Well you know." So he thought I was going to try and kill myself again? I don't know whether to be mad at him or thank him for caring. I stare blankly at the wall until I've made up my mind. "I'm not going to do that again." I promise him.

Alex releases me from his tight hug. He looks into my eyes and says, "Good because I don't think I could live without you." He leaves me speechless in the kitchen, where I stay until Helena arrives home.

Dinner that night was very awkward. Alex didn't say anything at all. Helena suspiciously looks at the two of us the whole time. I feel uncomfortable and for the first time I wish the small wooden table would be larger so I wouldn't have to be so close to both of them. Once we're done and Helena tells us we can leave, I head straight for Alex and my room. I lay down on my bed, it sinks in around me. I look at the glow-in-the dark stars taped to the ceiling, I remember last week when he told me the story behind them.

 Back before Alex was adopted and was still living with his foster family, he was afraid the dark. His fear was so overwhelming that He cried every night. His foster family was getting fed up with it, they had two kids of their own and one was in school. With Alex's cries it made it hard to sleep. Finally one day when his foster mother went shopping she found the stars. Once they were hung on his ceiling Alex stopped crying, giving the whole family more peace. Helena found out about the stars the day she adopted him and gladly bought them for him. Ever since he's had a hard time sleeping without them.

By now I had closed my eyes and was getting pretty drossy. I hear the door open then close, next I feel the bed sink in more. Alex covers himself in the blue and white quilt like he does every night and wraps his arm around me. Before I know it I drift off to sleep.

"Colby, where are you?" I hear my mother ask. I open my mouth to answer him but before I even can make a sound, someone's cold hand covers it. I jump and look over at who did it.

"Shh they'll hear you." a girlish yet demonic voice informs me. My eyes widen as I see my sister. Her once beautiful face was disfigured, her ivory skin was caked with blood, and lastly her sparkling blue eyes were replaced with black. The sight was horrendous. I close my eyes but the image stays in my head. I suddenly hear a scream. I open my eyes again. The thing that was once my sister had left. No, I did I was in my living room. Our classy white walls were covered in drops of blood. With tears forming in my eyes I look down and see the mangled bodies of my father and mother.

"M-mom? D-dad?" I knew I would get no response so I fall to my knees and sob. I'm not sure how long I stay like this but when I finally can no longer cry I feel a warm hand placed on my back.

"Leo?" Alex says lovingly. "Oh Leo, don't cry. Everything is fine." I turn and hug Alex. He hugs me back and rests his head on my neck. His warm breath tickles me I start laughing uncontrollably. Then my laughter is cut short by the faintest whisper. "We’re coming for you Leo."

I bolt up. I sweating and very hot. Alex moans and opens his eyes. He notices I'm not okay and sits up

"Leo? What's wrong?" my stomach suddenly feels like it day the first day I was here. I rush to the bathroom and throw up. Alex, who had gotten up as soon as I ran out of the room, was now looking extremely worried. He walks in the room, closing the door behind him, and sits down next to me. Alex stays in the bathroom with me the whole night, only leaving once to get the quilt off my bed to wrap around us. I knew there would be no more sleep for me tonight. The nightmare was so horrific I doubt I'll get decent sleep for a long time.

Alex doesn't talk. He simply sits next to me, and I was grateful for that. The warmth radiating off of him is enough to keep me warm on the coldest of days. When I had first awoken I was very warm. But that was short-lived and now I was shaking like one of those tiny dogs.  I lay my head on his chest and scoot closer. Alex wraps his arm around me like he would usually do at night.

Surprisingly against my own belief I fell asleep. When I awake Alex was quietly snoring. He was scrunched up in a small area, his head rested against the wall. He looked rather uncomfortable. I yawn and as I sit up I feel a sharp pain in my back. I rub my back until the pain lessens. Sleeping in the bathroom probably wasn't very good. I'm guessing Alex felt me move because when I look back at him his eyes are fixed on me.

I quickly look down so he doesn't see my face turn a shade or two pinker. "I'm sorry!" I apologize. Suddenly Alex moves his finger up to my chin and uses his finger to lift my head up. I blush worse.

"For what Leo?" He asks curiously.

"For making you sleep in a bathroom."

Alex sighs gleefully, "Leo I didn't have to. I chose to." He removes his finger from my chin and stretches. He pats my head before standing up.

"Oh, and Leo, next time I think we should not chose to sleep in here." He grins.

 I nod, "Y-yeah the bathtub was digging into my back the whole night."

Alex extends his tan arm to help me up. I grab his hand and he pulls me up.

We spend the rest of the day on the couch. Around noon he asks me if I wanted to tell him what my nightmare was about. I debate whether or not to tell him. I finally decide to, so I do. Alex watches me carefully as I tell him about my sister. By the time I get to my parents I'm crying so hard I can't talk. Alex comforts me with a hug. I curl up and hug him back. At some point I fell asleep. When I wake up Alex is no longer holding me. I open my eyes and discover he wasn't even there.

"A-Alex?" I call out. I hear someone walk up behind me. Fear starts to come over me.

"I asked Alex to go get some cereal for breakfast tomorrow. It's your first day of school." Helena's voice calms me down. She sits down on the couch next to me.

"It seems like I hardly get to spend time with you. My work has started picking up and we're doing very well, but I have to work more than I had to." Helena sits back and closes her eyes.

"Its hard work but I love every minute of it." She smiles. Helena works at a popular café in town, after work she heads down to the town's church and does charity work. No matter how tired she is when she gets home, she's still smiles as if she had won the lottery. Helena sits silently until we hear the screech of the rusty front door. Alex walks in holding a bag filled with two brightly colored boxes and in his other hand a gallon of milk. He sets the bag down and places the milk in the small, pale yellow refrigerator. Helena sits up and smiles at him.

"Thank you very much Alex. I was wishing to make you a special breakfast, but the church has a special meeting tomorrow before work." She stands and kisses my cheek. "Good night Leo. I probably won't see you until after school, so have a wonderful first day."

"Goodnight." I reply as she walks over to Alex and does the same. After she's done she goes to her room. I hear the door make a clicking noise and Alex is suddenly next to me again.

"Sorry I didn't tell you that I was leaving." he frowns. "You just looked so peaceful."

I feel my cheeks get warmer. Alex notices too and his frown is quickly replaced with a smile.

"I hope you didn't miss me too much."

I look down as my face grew even warmer. Truth is I did miss him. I missed him way too much for that short period of time. It felt like half of me was gone. Even though Helena was with me I still felt very alone. I needed Alex, I needed him very badly.

I looked up at him through my hair. He was staring back at me. A smile plastered on his face. He looked nice smiling like that. No. He looked nice all the time. The way his dark brown hair is always messy sometimes half way covering one of his bright blue eyes, he was very nice looking. I feel the blush return to my face. Did I really just think of him that way? Was it weird for a guy to think another guy is attractive? I suddenly become quite confused, somewhere inside me liked the fact that I found him attractive

. "Earth to Leo." Alex waves a hand in front of my face. I realized that my hair had fallen and you could clearly see where I was staring, or who I was staring at.

"S-sorry." I mumble shyly. Alex laughs and gently pats my head.

"What are you sorry about?" he asks.

"Umm..." I try to think of an excuse. Alex just grins. He grabs my hand and pulls the both of us off the couch.

"We have school. I don't want to be tired on my first day." He pulls me back to our room and closes the door behind us. As I lay down on my bed I notice him lock the door. Did he always do that? Shaking off my question I watch and Alex does what his routine for the night. The light wasn't on to begin with so he skips turning it off, but since we had school tomorrow he messes with the alarm clock until a little blue bell flashes up on it. He then lies down beside me. I guess at one point of the day he returned the quilt to my bed. He covers himself up and drapes on arm around me. Unlike the nights before, my heart starts pounding loudly and all my blood rushes to my face. He moves his head closer to the back of mine and kisses it. I blush even more if that was possible.

"Goodnight Leo." He whispers. I try to respond but I couldn't manage to make a sound, so instead I hesitantly move my hand over to his. He shifts his hand so it’s covering mine and leaves it there. I smile softly then remember school started tomorrow. I close my eyes tightly and pray that I fall asleep quickly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WELLLL THAT WAS CHAPTER FOUR~ Leo finally realized he like Alex a little more than he should~ I know in a bunch of popular stories on here the main character is either already liking someone or they’re all ready with them… I decided to wait a while build up the story some :D…..yeah, I know I’ve already put some stuff in, But hey what can I say Alex is just very loving~

They’ll start school in the next chapter, I really hate writing school parts but I have nothing else to put now…But starting school means new characters and new characters means more action and drama~  

The song is Wake Me up When September Ends by Green Day. I guess it can sorta work for this chapter...i just really like this song :3

Soo if ya like it so far please comment vote do whatever…I just want to know someone likes it!

 OH! One last thing! If you do comment or fave I'll post quicker!!! I've had this chapter done since this morning, i could have posted it then.....

-Bear~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 225 2
After losing his parents and being abused, Thomas is learning how to enjoy his life again - something he thought was impossible for him, but then he...
41.9K 761 14
A hopeless teen finds out he's close to being kicked out of school for good. He then ends up meeting a boy who's way too nice for his own good, good...
3.8K 115 32
"Leo pinned me against the wall with his hips. His hands gently gripped my wrists, keeping my arms above my head against the cool brick behind me. H...
14.6K 238 24
Alex returns to his home town or now city. It's his first time in university, with his old best friend Leah. He finds himself stuck with a roommate...