Vanishing Crimson

By NothingButADreamer

At the age of 14, Kim and her sister, Alex, had lost their parents mysteriously in a ghost town. Now they jou... More

Vanishing Crimson
Introduction
Meeting the Old Man
Let us cry...
Misery
Happy Trip!!
Unexpected Turn
The Nightmare
The Hut
The Search
Break a leg!
Prepare
In sight
The Ghost Town

A Looong Talk

82 3 0
By NothingButADreamer

I just woke up from a nightmare when I realized I slept beside the man. He was still sleeping like a baby. I went to the kitchen and checked for some food but found nothing. My stomach was rumbling. I just drank some milk from the cabinet. I was refreshed and good thing my stomach stopped rumbling.

I took the milk's container to return it to cabinet when suddenly a note fell to the floor. It was sticked to the container. So I picked it and read what it said:

                    Hey Kim! I saw that there was no food left so I went to the grocery store. Take care of him. I'll be back in an hour.

                                                                                                                                                 Love,

                                                                                                                                                 Alex

 A grocery? Was there a grocery store in this place? Maybe. I better not underestimate this town.

I went out the kitchen and saw the man trying to stand on his own. He was still weak, making him fall to the floor instead.

"Hey, you're not strong enough to stand." I complained. He was silent. I took his left arm around my neck and let him sit on the sofa.

I asked him if there was a grocery store in this town.

"It was there in the other town. Just a few kilometers away."

"Oh, I see. Alex left to buy some food. We have no more food supply. Only the milk."

I gave him some milk to be refreshed. While he was drinking, I thought, I can get this chance to be alone with him, and to know all the secrets surrounding us.

"So, why did you leave when I told you about my dream? Something wrong?"

"No. Nothing."

"Please tell me. Stop being secretive. You're too much. You have to tell me about these happenings."

"Sorry."

"Please tell me now."

"I was shocked by your dream."

"Why?"

"It describes the ghost town accurately."

"No way? You're kidding."

"No, I'm just telling you now."

"Wow. I can't believe it."

"You have to. Your dream is your guide but not all the time."

"Hmm." I was very speechless. I didn't know what to answer. This was getting odd.

 "Can you tell me what happened to my parents that night? Please tell me everything okay?"

"I think, you're old enough to carry all the things I'm going to say."

He sat straight and started talking.

"While you were about to sleep, I sprinkled golden dust to you so you won't be able to hear our converation. We talked about the ghost town. They told me that some of the scientists were in their too. I told them that even if their friends are trapped, they could never get them back. I was convincing them but they would never listen."

"Trapped? They're not dead? I thought you said victims will die in the ghost town?"

"Oh, uhmm, yes I did. I just said it to scare you."

"But why would my parents let me come with them if--" He immediately cut my sentence.

"They didn't know. But when they decided to risk their life, they left you to me. And I did care for you. But my main purpose was to stop your parents.”

"But you failed. So do you think, they can survive being trapped in 3 years until now? Without food and water, or any resources?" I looked down. I regretted a lot. If only I woke up and stopped them, but I can't blame the man. I think, he did the right thing. I was expecting for him to say yes.

"There are, if they know how to find them. But I doubt that their still living, not if they survived the... torture."

"Oh no." My heart can no longer handle the pain. I cried and he comforted me. "Please tell me more. Don't worry about me." I added while controlling myself from crying.

"I apologize for making you cry."

"It's okay. I want to know if how I got home the other day? I hope you can still remember."

"I teleported you while sleeping." I didn't believe him at first but his eyes were making it realistic.

"Really? Wait, why am I believing you? Prove it first."

"Why wouldn't you believe me? Don't you believe about the ghost town? Don't you believe about what happened yesterday? Okay, fine. I'll prove it. Now close your eyes. After a second or two, you'll be in the kitchen."

"Okay then." So I closed my eyes and waited for some telepor-freaking-tation to happen. "What nonsense! I can't feel something teleporting me!" I opened my eyes to my amazement, knowing that I was sitting on one of the chairs inside the kitchen. 

"What the? How did he do this?!" I went back to the sofa with a confused face.

"See?"

"Wait, how did I teleport? I mean how."

"You disappeared from this side and you appeared on the other side." He said with a small smile.

"Oh. You don’t say. So, uhmm, okay. I believe you now."

I was still wiping my tears. I was not speechless by that time, because I have many things to say. It's just, I didn't know how to ask him.

"Uhmm, I was wandering here when you were out, and I saw a family picture."

"That's our family picture."

"And I saw another one, with names. Maybe, your name is Trevor?"

"Yes. That's my name."

"And I saw your parents. And your sister."

"They are already dead. I forgot to tell you, I'm the only one left from the first family."

"Oh, sorry."

"No harm done. I moved on."

"Okay, while I was continuing to explore here in your house, I, I... I saw a small door."

"That's my sister's room! How did you find it?!"

"I fell down and saw it in front of me then--"

"You entered it?"

"Ahh, ye-, no. I only dreamed that I entered it.

"What happened?"

"I heard a girl, I saw a ballerina, I heard a sweet music. And all I heard turned into wild and violent ones."

"You didn't dream. She sent you out of her place."

"Huh? I don't understand. It was all real?"

"Yes."

An expression seeking for logical answers filled my face. How can I go up when I fell from an inescapable deep floor, alone? A loud voice called my name,

"Kim! I'm here!" it was Alex.

"Oh wait!" I replied "Please tell me more of it later. Okay?" I didn't wait for Trevor's reply because I went to my sister and helped her with the goods she bought.

I let Trevor rest because he already spent his energy talking to me.

"Sis, I'm talking to Trevor now, come and listen." I encouraged my sister to come to the sofa to listen to us.

"Oh, okay, wait. Trevor's his name? Okay let's go."

We went to Trevor and Alex rushed to him. "What did you two talk about? Please tell me too. I have to know it too."

Trevor stated every single word he said when he was talking to me. The words were heartbreaking. We just can't accept it. But about the magical part, Alex wouldn't believe it. She needed proof.

Thump thump thump

"Where's that sound coming from?!" Alex yelled a bit.

"Oh no, it's my sister! I have to seal the door before she comes out!"

Trevor didn't waste any second. He quickly ran to the small door and blocked it with his body. He sealed the door using the golden dust and it didn't move again.

"Let me out!" It was Lily, his sister, angrily commanding him to release her.

Trevor came back to us and I asked him more.

"Please tell us more." I asked.

"No. I can't now. You have to discover it by yourself."

"What the?! You have to tell us all these craziness! What's with yesterday?! What's with your sister?! Why won't you let her out?!" Alex yelled. She was very angry. "Maybe, you're hiding something!"

Trevor didn't answer. Maybe he was. We didn't know it yet. But I had to make my sister calm, or she would go crazy.

But, maybe he's right. I had to discover it myself. The reality was sad though, but I had to face it bravely. For our good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73 0 45
A brother and sister move into the fictional town of Red City UK for a new start. Unfortunately, the moment they move into their new home, their live...
226 18 15
(-COMPLETED-)For this 14 year old girl she died at five so everyone thought? But one thing leads to another and in my life it did. She was there but...
1.6K 496 65
What happens when a young girl runs away from her past, when suddenly her whole world flips upside down. What will she gain and what will she lose? W...
185 9 23
A 13 Year Old Girl's Parents Die In An Accident. What Happens When She Moves To A Creepy Old House With Her New Foster Parents?