Don't Fall for Me

By juliannav135

I was doing just fine my junior year of high school. I mean I did pick fights once in a while and my grades w... More

Part 1: I Stole His Motorcycle
Part 2: Don't Fall for Me
Part 3: Prom?
Part 4: Got it
Part 5: Forbidden from Prom
Part 6: Two-Strings
Part 7: Get Out!
Part 8: Burning Jealousy, Shattered Pearls
Part 9: Did You Just Kiss Me?
Part 10: Wrong Number
Part 11: Careful Angel
Part 12: Drowning
Part 13: Falling
Part 14: Mother
Part 15: Finn and the Devil
Part 16: Angel vs. Devil
Part 17: Do as I Say
Part 18: Date
Part 19: Fix It
Part 20: I Stole His Motorcycle Again
Part 21: Crash
Part 22: An Old iPod
Part 23: Feathered Tattoo
Part 25: Not What it Looks Like
Part 26: His Game
Part 27: Think About it Angel
Part 28: Good Riddance Jerk
Part 29: All Aliens Return to Space
Part 30: Spin the Bottle
Part 31: Roommates?
Part 32: Honeymoon
Part 33: I Hate Ryker
Part 34: A Picture Lasts Longer
Part 35: New Tattoos
Part 36: Not Him
Part 37: Mine
Part 38: I'm Dreaming Right?
Part 39: See You Around
Part 40: It's Not Me, It's You
Part 41: I've Fallen For You
Part 42: Ryker's Song
Part 43: Xander's True Love
Part 44: What You Do Best
Part 45: Take Her
Part 46: Sorry Won't Cut It
Part 47: Make You Jealous
Part 48: Xander's Date
Epilogue: 5 Years Later
Bonus Part: Ryker and Eve's Wedding
NEWS

Part 24: Roses are Red...

10.5K 458 70
By juliannav135

I was released from the hospital on Wednesday when the doctor declared my head was fine and I didn't have a concussion. My mom wanted me to stay home for the day instead of going to school. Normally, I wouldn't have thought twice about it and would've stayed home, but for some reason I wanted to go to school.

My mom fought me on the subject. She was worried about my head and my broken arm, but I convinced her I'd be fine. She didn't look so sure, her being a nurse and all. Nevertheless, Xander picked me up Thursday morning for school since I couldn't drive with a broken arm.

"How are you feeling?" Xander asked once I got in the car.

I dropped my backpack in the backseat and said, "I feel great, actually."

Xander said, "That's good. Anyway, I'm surprised you, out of all people, wanted to come back to school so early. Especially after being in the hospital for a few days." He quirked an eyebrow.

"Ugh, I've been so bored lately," was the best I could think to say.

Xander nodded and dropped me off in front of the school so I wouldn't have to walk far. I told him that I was okay and could easily walk from the parking lot to the school, but he waved me off and forced me out of the car in the drop off lane. I plugged my headphones in to listen to my music since I'd have to walk in to school alone. Xander was gonna wait until Riley got here so he could walk her to her first period class.

I started up the steps to the school, nodding my head to my favorite rock music. Smoke burned my throat and made my nostrils flare. I used my sweatshirt sleeve to block out the awful smell and looked up the rest of the stairs to see someone leisurely smoking a cigarette. I narrowed my eyes and stalked up the rest of the stairs until I stood right in front of the culprit. I ignored everyone who stood surrounding him.

I snatched the cigarette out from between two full lips with a single ring piercing. I dropped the butt on the ground, smothering the stupid thing by stomping the life out of it.

"Are you done?" A deep voice asked, sounding bored. I stopped stepping on it and kicked the ashes with the toe of my shoe. Then I shoved by the group of annoying boys, using my cast to push them away. I entered the school to hear one of them say, "She's a badass." I smirked to myself when I realized it was Rick. Good thing Tracey wasn't close to hear what he said. She'd kill me if she had.

I opened my locker and groaned. I needed to bring a huge textbook to English and a few folders. There's no way I'd be able to carry it with my arm in a cast, but I still tried anyway. I put as much weight as I could on my non injured arm and shut my locker with my elbow.

"Let me get that for you," someone said as the heavy weight was lifted from my arms. I sighed in relief.

Smiling green eyes looked down at me. I grinned up at Finn in gratitude.

"Ugh, thanks Finn."

Finn carried my books in one arm and linked his other hand in mine. His cheek grazed my ear as he said,  "Can we talk after school?"

"Sure," I agreed, tightening my fingers around his hand, "Talk about what?"

"Us."

My heart sped up. Finn wanted to talk about us. That could only mean one thing. A stupid grin spread across my face as I blushed. Finn laughed and walked into first period English with me. He set my supplies down on my desk and sat in the empty seat next to mine. I took my seat and realized Xander wasn't here yet. He was probably still "walking" Riley to class.

Yeah, right. Ever since Xander started dating Riley, we've spoken a lot less. All of his free time consists of her, even when I make plans with him, Riley tags along as well. Like that time we were all supposed to meet at the movies, but I had gotten into an accident instead.

Finn leaned across the row and said, "Let's go to The Hangout tonight, if you're feeling up to it. We don't have school tomorrow for teacher-student conferences so we wouldn't have to worry about leaving early."

"That sounds great," I said and meant it. I was really looking forward to spending time with Finn tonight. I wanted to know what he had to say about us.

Xander strode in right before the bell rang and slipped into his seat. I gave him a knowing look about what he'd been doing instead of walking Riley to class. He laughed and shook his head. Yep, they had definitely been sucking each other's faces out in the hallway. 

Mr. Duncan walked into class, followed by Ryker. He glared at me for stealing his cigarette. I smiled sweetly at him while he took his seat.

"Alright class, since it's Evangeline's first day back after making a miraculous recovery in the hospital, let's all be kind enough as to listen to her read the poem she wrote for the assignment about love all of you have already presented," Mr. Duncan said and my smile vanished in a second. I had slapped together a lame poem on the way to school in Xander's car when he had told me about the assignment. I don't know why he couldn't think to have told me sooner. 

All eyes turned towards me. I slowly stood up and tried to smooth out the crinkled piece of paper I had written the poem on. I could barely read my messy handwriting.

"Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
There isn't anyone else I hate more than you.
You know who you are,
You're a jerk,
Our relationship will never work.
So go to Hell,
Where you belong,
And make this poem into a song."

Then I bowed, never breaking contact with a set of pissed off blue eyes. I turned to look on either side of me. Finn and Xander wore similar expressions of awe, but both also looked ready to burst out laughing.     

"Ms. Cross," Mr. Duncan said sternly, "That was not a poem of love. You are to apologize right now or I will not hesitate to give you a detention."

Xander made a noise that sounded awfully close to a snort. Oh crap, I could feel it; I was about to lose it. I bent my head down so my hair would cover the smile I was trying so hard to hide.

"I'm sorry," I said. Then I coughed into my fist and said, "Not."

Xander sputtered into his hand and Finn made a high pitched noise. I lost it. I burst out laughing right along with the rest of the class.

"I will see you after school, Evangeline. This is unacceptable behavior and you just got back," my English teacher said, "And please sit out in the hall for the rest of class."

I stopped laughing as the class "Ooo'ed". I gathered my supplies as best I could with one arm and headed to the door.

As I was walking up the row, my books were smacked out of my arm. My folders crashed to the ground along with the heavy textbook and my papers scattered everywhere. My pencil pouch dumped out all of my pens. I shot a look to my left to see what had made me drop everything.

Ryker smirked up at me. I clenched my fist.

"Mr. Avery, you will be joining her as well after school."

The class "Ooo'ed" again.

A really girly voice spoke up and said, "But Mr. Duncan, Ryker didn't do anything. Eve is the one who wrote that terrible poem about him. Her own clumsiness made her drop everything."

"Would you like to join them as well, Ms. Schmitt?" Mr. Duncan asked. Hannah's cheeks turned pink as she stuttered.

I wanted to give him a high-five for dissing Hannah like that, but realized that would probably put me in even more trouble than I already was in.

"Ryker, pick up Evangeline's things from the floor and the two of you will sit out in the hallway for the remainder of class, got it?" Mr. Duncan demanded. I didn't feel like high-fiving him anymore.

Ryker made a noise at the back of his throat and leaned down in his chair to pick everything up. Then he walked out the door with my crap. I glanced over my shoulder at Xander and Finn. They were caught between standing up for me or just letting me go. I shook my head and they frowned. Then I followed Ryker out the door, joining him in the hallway.

He was already seated against the lockers with my messy pile of supplies next to him. I sat down far away from him, refusing to look at him.

"You're such an idiot. Thanks for giving me a detention. Two-Strings is performing tonight at the club and we were supposed to practice at my place right after school. Because of you, we won't be able to," he said after a minute of complete silence.

"Oh, boo-hoo," I said sarcastically.

Wait. He just said his band was playing at the club tonight. I was supposed to go with Finn there tonight as well. Could this day get any worse? And plus it was only first period.

"Since you've interrupted our practice time, you will pay."

I whipped my head over to him. He smiled evilly and ran his tongue over his stupid piercing. I wanted to rip the piercing right out of his lip.

"What do you mean?" I warned.

"I'm sure everyone at The Hangout tonight would love to hear you read your lovely poem on stage. Only this time instead of looking at me while you read it, I want you to look directly at Finn."

And my day just got a whole lot worse.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 71 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...
Troublemakers By Mon

Teen Fiction

12.4K 456 21
"H-hey.. You know..." Work brain, work. "What?" he hisses. "Um... I-I think I need my inhaler. It's in the bag," great, nice move. But my hope shatte...
Rebel High By Nat

Teen Fiction

794K 22.6K 51
Living the high life wasn't all fun and games. With were Empires that took decades to build could fall in seconds with one wrong move. Lyra Anderson...