Ladies of Lavender

By spite-

A pack of thieves ransack a witch's home, stealing her deck of tarot cards. Unbeknownst to them, these tarot... More

copyright and info
witchery || part one
preface

a brief insight into the world of the lavenders

24.2K 1.4K 638
By spite-

A list of the most common forms of Lavender.

Originated in eastern areas of Czechoslovakia sometime in the early 1800s, although, their official name was not applied until the mid-1900s. Ladies of this descent are connected with the Earth, with power over all vegetation. They often surround themselves with precious, semi-precious stones as forms of amplifiers for their powers. Some individuals have been reported to grow leaves, flowers, feathers or branches from the scalp like hair.

First documentation of the Heka is dated back to sometime near 3000 BC, during the first dynasty of Ancient Egypt. Notable Hekas include: Meryt-Neith (first female pharaoh of Egypt), Nitocris, Twosret, Nefertiti, Cleopatra, Sobekneferu and Hatshepsut. The trait found within every Lavender of this descent is the ability to sink into the Earth and use it as a form of transportation. (Otherwise known as Desert Walkers/Earth Sleepers).

Originated in the south of Nigeria. Named after the goddess Ala of the Igbo people, due to the uncanny similarities between their abilities. While the goddess ruled over the dead and Underworld, she was said to hold the souls of the dead in her womb. Lavenders of this descent have the ability to collect and hold the souls of the dead, so to raise the being from death.

The first individuals of the Sihir were documented in Morocco, Persia and Turkey during mid-1400s. In modern times, these Lavenders are often mistaken for the Arabic Jinnī due to their wish-granting ability. The Sihir also turn items such as flower petals and sand grains into personalised 'wish tokens' so that they can be called upon by one at a time of need - such as the rubbing of the lamp for their close cousins.

The people of the Bruxa emerged from the depths of the Amazon in the late 1800s. It is suspected that this line of Lavender have been living within the forest since long before the 16th century. Bruxa have the power of both invisibility and camouflage, enabling them to go unnoticed by both modern-day explorers and the Portuguese conquerors for hundreds of years.

Despite how small the islands are in comparison to other areas of Lavender descent, Hawaii is home to another common form of Lady, the Hina. The Hina, are called so due to their ability to control the weather - much like that of the Hawaiian goddess of rain, Hinakuluiau. All sea swell, storms, snows and wind are contorted and bended by the Lavender.

The Phar (short for Pharmakis) are an ancient line of Lavender whose roots run back to that of Graeco-Roman times. Once a Pharmakis passed from her mortal form, she became consumed by rock - most commonly marble - so to withstand the effects of time and live on for eternity. Like those of the gods and the kings, this ability was seen to immortalise the Lavender - a trait that was readily sought after, forcing many of the line to go into hiding. In their living years, the Phar are able to take on the properties of various earth-formed minerals and rocks.

As Lavenders can only be female, their non-magical counterparts are known as Alchemists; the male offspring of a Lavender mother. Alchemists do not possess their own magic. Alchemists are called so due to their tendency to attempt to dabble in the dark arts, through the aid of spell books and other fabled items.

+ + +

Other lines of Lavender have been found all over the world, in smaller, much rarer packs. From the deserts of Australia, to the thick of the Japanese forests, to the alabaster lands of Alaska - nearly every region of the world has their own line of Lady. Due to the travel, migration and interracial breeding of the modern world, lines have spread worldwide. Hekas in the cold of Canada, Sihir in the bustling streets of London. There are no longer set territory boundaries for Lavender lines.

While all Lavender are truly only one, specific Lady, each can practice the same incantations and documented spells (as seen within The Book of Shade and similar texts). Alchemists are also enabled to cast from the books, though, not possessing the unique powers of a Lavender. Most require assistance from such.

+ + +

Despite all odds, these Ladies of Lavender have withstood time and the challenges it has bestowed upon them. They have survived slavery, prosecution, massacre, coursing and a man-dominated world for eons. The have been hunted to near extinction. They have been brutally slain out of the fear of others. Despite all, these women have ruled nations, they have led armies, they have controlled the world.

(yes, this is going to be a very pro-intersectional feminist/women book. hope this all made some sense.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

978K 41.9K 87
Kenta Bernard, a seventeen-year-old, died of leukemia in the hospital and was reincarnated in a novel that he has yet to finish. He is the ill second...
166K 3.9K 88
As the Maid of Evil, Y/n sacrifices her life for her twin brother. As the Mist Hashira, Y/n sacrifices her life for humanity. But not anymore will Y...
34.8K 4.1K 8
Dragonwall's queen no longer remembers who she is. Her magic is locked away at the hands of an evil sorcerer. Kane hoped to deal the drengr monarchy...