Stitches | Nathan Prescott

נכתב על ידי theDAPPER

⚠ Warning ⚠: This story includes plot twists of the original gameplay of Life is Strange along with major sp... עוד

1 | When we first met
2 | You hide & I'll seek
4 | Different times
5 | From California to Oregon
6 | Unexpected meetings
7 | Make up for lost time
8 | Party animals
9 | Intermission
10 | Movies and Rootbeer
11 | Sleep with me?
12 | Honey, you're so sweet
13 | What's cooking, good looking?
14 | Nervousness
15 | Distractions and closure
16 | Dessert disaster
17 | Red Room
18 | Blackwell
19 | Goodbye for now

3 | The promises we make

1.6K 64 12
נכתב על ידי theDAPPER

Promise me this....

          As the party progressed more into the night the adults become more alive and awake while the children drifted off to sleep and tiredness. Well most of the kids fell asleep. That being any kid that was under the age of eleven that is. Blair was asleep in my mom arms and dad was on his third glass of champagne. It made sense since Blair was only six and liked to sleep a lot. While dad drank to keep up with the other men in the room. I was so focused on how Nathan was able to sit there in complete silence as his dad just talked. I would have at least fiddled with the tablecloth or something. Mom leaned towards me while carefully cradling Blair.

          "Sweetheart are you having fun?" She asked me this and all I wanted to say was no, but I did have fun earlier just not right now. So I shook my head up and down to tell her yes. She smiled and bounced Blair a bit as she baby mumbled in her sleep.

          "That's good, I'm going to go up back to the room now. I'm pooped out of fancy partying already", This signaled me that I had to get the mommy bag from under the table to hand to her.

           "Thank you honey, you want to go up with mommy?"

           I shook my head in a "no" response this time. She then gently kissed my cheek with caution, trying her best to not wake Blair.

          "Okay, just watch over daddy, good night sweetheart"

          And with that dad finally noticed that mom got out of her seat. He got out of his own and held onto her in a loving hold.

          "Kimberly, will you alright going back by yourself?"

          "Yes Andy, I'll be fine and besides you need to stay here with our party animal" She softly giggled at me and graciously left the event room.

          "Just you and me kiddo" My dad teased, he knew I didn't like being called that since I would protest and say that I am not a kid anymore, but then he will always reply with: you will always be a kid in my eyes. I punched his arm as punishment for calling me that, he chuckled lightly, and continued with his glass of "adult apple juice".

          So when will this party really end the chit chat and start the actual party stuff?

          Thankfully Mr. Prescott concluded his speech about the houses and waiters dispersed into the room with trays of sweets and more champagne.

          Great! This is just what I need, my dad getting drunk.

          I'm just glad that he knows how to control his alcohol intake, unlike the other men in the room. Mr. Prescott got down from the head table and began to mingle with the businessmen. Nathan looked relieved to see his father leave as he let out a huge sigh and slid away from his seat. While my dad was occupied in a conversation about his cooking and the few restaurant he owns. I walked over to surprisingly chirpy Nathan, I was now confused, what happened to the timid Bambi from earlier.

          "Hey Nathan, you seem happy"

          "I'm just glad that the speech is over, can we play that game now?"

          "Hide and seek?"

          "Yes!"

          "No can do Bambi!" He looked at me with a blank expression, his smile that I never saw before was gone in that instant.

          "Why not?"

          "Because Blair is not here and it is no fun if we play with just the two of us" I crossed my arms and pouted. Maybe another game will have to do.

          "Tag you're it!" I tapped his shoulder and raced for the grass once more, dodging the adults along the way. Nathan on the other hand was lost in the crowd. He did not want to be left behind so he speed walked over to me on the grass. I ran away to the farthest table and used it as a shield.

          "You can't catch me!" I laughed and he ran towards me. At least his running seemed to be legit it was as if a road-runner was after me. He ran to the table and I ran around it dodging his attempt to tag me. We raced around the tables like a speedtrack and I was in first place. Laughter filled the air and it was not mine, but Nathan's. His laugh sounded like the first laugh a baby makes when you tickle it or give it raspberry on the tummy. It was a genuine laugh. It was something that I did not expect from him. I assumed that he was like shy trained dog. Obedient to his owner, in this case his father, and does anything to not get in trouble. But he is not the Prescott boy from earlier, he's being himself: Nathan.

          Suddenly a noise could be heard not too far from the party room, a noise that sounded too familiar: it was music. I guess that there was another party happening at the same time as the Prescott's. I wish I was there. They have music and music means fun. I was so focused on my want on going to that I did not noticed Nathan tapping my shoulder and shaking me out of it.

          "Hey why did you stop?"

          I drowned his voice out of my mind. I really wanted to go there, so without any thought and grabbed his hand. We passed the bushes with caution and made sure not to get anymore boo-boos this time. The music got a little louder as we passed by a row of patio chairs and the pool. Nathan did not say a word, it was as if he was used to this kind of treatment, but I did not fully take that in mind and continued our search. We seemed to have walked to another part of the hotel since it looked the same but different. The music emitted from a room that glowed purple and blue. The drapes there were not red nor velvet, but a sheer white fabric. You could see people inside dancing and having a good time. The atmosphere was completely different as compared to the velvet party room. It was light and vibrant.

          "Why are we here!" Nathan yelled at me. He was mad and confused.

          "I heard music and it seemed to be more fun"

          "But now we will get in big trouble!"

          "No we won't, you wanna know why"

          "Why" He wanted an answer, no he needed an answer.

          "Because we won't be long and I want to spend more time with you..." I mumbled the last part since he may pull out a voice of reason. I wanted to go inside and hear the music more louder, but I did not at the same time. So instead I cracked open the door to let the music out. Even though the grassy area at this party mirrored the one at the Prescott's it was brighter. The outdoor lights shined like stars. On that night the moon was full and he smiled at us with his bright teeth. Giving us a private spotlight to dance under. To dance...that sounds nice.

          Before I could react Nathan did for me. He awkwardly placed his hands on my waist and I placed mine on his shoulders. By knowing the basics of slow dancing we just swayed side to side, moving our feet to the music. Besides the fact that I had to looked down at him than vice versa, it was really nice. It was not the kind of fun many would expect for a couple of eleven year olds to enjoy, but deep down I knew we both did. A verse of the song could be heard from the inside. It sounded like someone was singing it, and gave it a more of a dream like vibe.

I've loved you forever,

In lifetimes before

And I promise you never...

Will you hurt anymore

I give you my word

I give you my heart

          I let the song seep into my mind. Allowing my mind to dream of the moment as a fairytale reality. The ones that parents read to their children at night or watch on the T.V. It felt like I was Cinderella at the ball with Prince Charming. The world around me and Nathan ceased to exist. I wondered what he thought, and I wanted to know. He was different than the rough and tough boys I have become accustomed to. The fact that he is timid and shy makes me want to know him better and become friends, good friends.

This is a battle we've won

And with this vow,

Forever has now begun...

          As an eleven year old, what else would I want more than a friend, and not like the ones you make all willy nilly as a six year old at a McDonald's playground. I know this was odd, but I am a proud odd ball and I am indeed proud to be one. Just like what mom always says, there is only one me and why on earth would I want to be someone else? Especially since there would be no more me and two of that person. Things would just become complicated. The night made me think like this, no, I made myself think of this.

And I will take

You in my arms

And hold you right where you belong

Till the day my life is through

This I promise you

          I stopped the dancing as the song ended, but I did not remove my hand from his shoulders and neither did he. I know it may not seem rational and may seem reckless, but what the hay, I'm only eleven.

          "Nathan umm can we go sit down?" He nodded and led me to a nice dry spot on the turf. Our moonlight spotlight followed us as we walked a few feet from our dancing spot. A million things are going through my mind and I just don't know what to do, so I just went with it.

          "Nathan I had fun tonight, and you know if I can hang out with you again I would"

          "D-do you mean that Ad-Clara?" I nodded back at him

          "Yep, too bad we only had the party" I let out a sigh and messed with my "A" pendent once again. Then my mind and mouth danced. I unhooked the gold chain that took hold of the pendant and held it adjacent to my palm. The charm slid down the chain to my palm and I gently placed it on the skirt of my dress. I hooked the chain back together around my neck and untied the black ribbon around my ponytail. I snaked the ribbon through the cold jump ring of the pendant and asked Nathan for his wrist. He pulled up the sleeve of his suit and I wrapped the soft ribbon around his small wrist. I tied it into a nice knot and a bow and pulled his sleeve back down. My hand stopped at his and I took hold of it. His hand was warm and a bit sweaty. But it was a calming feeling that came from it that made me not to want to let go, yet he did.

          "Why did you give me this", His cheeks were flushed in a pink hue and I could not help but giggle.

          "Because silly as of today, right now you are my friend, and just maybe my best friend"

          "A friend?" I nodded, "I never had one before"

          "Well then I might as well be your best friend to make it more special, and that ribbon with my pendant is a gift. So you can remember me when we don't see each other. So that might be a while, but you are cool"

          He was in awe. Then he returned the gesture by removing a pin I did not noticed was on his jacket until now. It was small pin of the Prescott crest. It was shiny and gold plated. I guess he thought that he needed to exchange my gold pendant with something else gold. He unpinned the small crest, clasped the backing to it, and placed the small item onto my palm. I brought up the pin to my face to examine the engraving. It was lovely, the "P" was in a old looking font, and the shield that laid on was decorated with swirls. As I gave him a smile I pinned the crest onto the collar of my dress.

          "Thank you Nathan" I looked at him and then at the moon, I know what I'm about to say is rushed and silly but me and Nathan are eleven, we don't know any better.

          "Nathan promise me that no matter how far or long we are apart, we will still be best friends?"

          "Yes please! You are my first best friend ever, I do not want to lose you. I promise" His voice was filled with happiness and laughter, yet it came out low and timid. It was as if his mind was scared to accept and his heart wanted to leap.

          My pinkie took a hold of his and looked at him straight in the eyes.

          "Pinkie promise?"

           He looked at the gesture and even though he was confused at the concept of our pinkies interlocking he nodded.

          "Pinkie promise"

          As we walked back to the other side if the hotel and back to the boring party Nathan held my hand. I did not protest and held onto his sweaty palm. So many thoughts and emotions rushed through my mind at that moment. All of the what if questions distracted me from what is happening before me that I did not realised we made it back to the Prescott event. All of the adults were still mingling. Lucky for us. But the night was coming to an end, yet Nathan did one thing that would make any girl swoon. Looking down at our interlocked hands. I cracked a smile.

          He never let go.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

21.1K 621 45
"we're just misunderstood" NOTE: This fanfiction will not be following the story of Life Is Strange. The characters will be the same but the story l...
252 11 12
A life is strange fanfiction Chloe price age 16 meets a new student while accidentally bumping into them while chloe gets dragged by Rachel, they tw...
1K 61 18
(Y/N), 16, has been struggling with their mental health for years since their father's passing, causing their mother to fall into deep depression and...
5K 200 26
This is a Markiplier FanFiction about the game, "Life Is Strange." Max Caulfield is the new girl in the town of Arcadia Bay. She's a shy photographer...