Little Bella ( Twilight Fanfi...

By Clariza0809

My name is Isabella Marie Swan. I was 3 years old when my parents left me in the middle of nowhere. Until som... More

1. Chapter 1 ( All alone ) Part 1
Announcement
2. Chapter 2 ( All alone ) Part 2
3. Chapter 3 ( A warm, cold welcome)
4. Chapter 4 ( A warm, cold welcome) Part 2
5. Chapter 5 ( Playtime )
6. Chapter 6 ( A new home )
Important Announcement
7. Chapter 7 ( A freaky family )
Read it or you will regret it.
Chapter 8. ( A freaky family part 2 )
Announcement
Chapter 9. ( Running with the wind )
Chapter 10. ( The legend of the child )
Chapter 11. ( Faith )
Just some picture of them.
Chapter 12. ( A missing girl )
Chapter 13. ( Dancing with wolves )
Chapter 14. ( The sacrifice )
Chapter 15. ( Nightmares )
Chapter 16. ( Impossibly healthy )
Chapter 17. ( Made to protect )
Chapter 18. ( Adam )
Chapter 20. ( A cruel twist )
Chapter 21. ( A broken mind )
Chapter 22. ( Just a small mistake )
Chapter 23. ( Unavoidable )
Chapter 24. ( Changing rules )
Chapter 25. ( Unexpected danger )
A big thank you :-)
Chapter 26. ( Immortal child )
Chapter 27. ( Goodbye twice )
Chapter 28. ( The other child )
Chapter 29. ( Patience is a virtue )
Chapter 30. ( Defenseless )
Chapter 31. ( Unanswered questions )
Chapter 32. ( Caroline )
Chapter 33. ( A small tug )
Chapter 34. ( High school troubles )
Chapter 35. ( La Push )
Chapter 36. ( Misery always comes twice )
Chapter 37. ( The firstborn )
Chapter 38. ( Young love )
Chapter 39. ( Lost )
Chapter 40. ( In between enemy lines )
Chapter 41. ( Isabella and Caroline )
Chapter 42. ( Master of time )
Chapter 43. ( The Spirits Of Gaia )
Chapter 44. ( The new beginning )
Chapter 45. ( Epilogue )
Sequel! Sequel! Sequel!
Surprise!!!
Go and check out
To all my readers (please read)
Questions time?

Chapter 19. ( Past and present )

2.4K 72 7
By Clariza0809

The enthusiastic yells of children finding their parents filled his ears. He was used to it and scouted the schoolyard for Bella. Carlisle waited patiently next to him. His father didn't pick Bella up often, because of his work, but if he had a chance like today he took it. Most of the children had left the school already. Normally Bella would have come running towards them by now. It worried Edward slightly. He used his senses, trying to catch her scent. He found it close to the door. She walked out holding the hand of her teacher. Bella pointed towards them and they walked closer.

Bella's father is picking her up, that's perfect. I have to take this opportunity to talk about Bella.

Edward and Carlisle walked closer too. They met halfway. Carlisle kissed Bella's cheek and Edward picked her up and held her in his arms.

'Her teacher wants something from us.' Edward whispered to Carlisle barely audible to vampire ears.

Carlisle turned towards the teacher.

'Good afternoon, Mrs. Hurst. I trust you are in good health?'

Always so polite and handsome. Too bad I am already married.

She extended her hand, which Carlisle took without hesitation.

'Hello, doctor Cullen, Edward.' She gave Edward a small nod. 'I am well, thank you, but please call me Charlotte. I am not that old.'

She indeed wasn't that old. Somewhere in her thirties, Edward guessed. She didn't look like a teacher, although she did have that firm look in her eyes, that teachers had to keep the children in line. She gave the impression of a free spirit, a little bit new age maybe. Strange that she was married, she didn't look the type.

'And you can call me Carlisle.'

'Is Bella doing alright?' Edward asked.

Hmm, that depends, but better talk about this somewhere else.

Edward stiffened a little bit. Did something happen to Bella? He let his senses roam over her, but couldn't find a hair out of place.

'If you have the time, I would really like to talk to you about something concerning Bella. It won't take long.'

Do you know what this is about, Edward?

Edward could hear his father's uneasiness. He softly shook his head. The teacher wasn't thinking about the reason yet.

We just have to go and find out then.

'Of course, we have time.' Carlisle answered politely.

The teacher picked Bella from Edward's arms.

'Bella, I am going to talk to Carlisle and Edward for awhile. You can go play with Mrs. Tilly.'

She pointed to another teacher and Bella walked away.

'Don't worry, my colleague will stay with her until we are done.' She turned back towards the school. 'Follow me please.'

They followed and settled inside an empty classroom.

'I have Bella in my class for quite some time now and there are some things about her that stand out.'

Carlisle nodded.

'The first thing and not the least of all is that Bella is considerably smarter than her fellow classmates. I think we should discuss placing her in an advanced program.'

Edward sighed relieved, this was something he had expected to happen.

'What exactly would that mean for Bella?'

'It will mean that she will get advanced assignments and more homework. If it is in her potential and I think it is, she can skip one or two classes in the future.' Her face turned serious. 'This is not a decision you should take lightly. Socially it can be very hard for a younger child to keep up with its older classmates.'

Especially since Bella is a child that isn't strong socially with her classmates now.

Edward frowned. Charlotte was more worried about that than she let them believe.

'But if you let her stay on this level, I fear she will not learn to her full potential. She might lose the will to learn, because it is not a challenge for her. It would be a loss.'

'I thank you for your observation. I will discuss this with my wife.' Carlisle said.

This is not her main reason for talking to us.

Carlisle looked at Edward and he nodded his head minutely to confirm Carlisle's thought.

'Okay, let me know when you made a decision.'

She hesitated and Carlisle gave her an encouraging nod. Here we go, Edward thought.

'There is something else about Bella. I hope you will not take offense in this observation.'

'You can speak freely.' Carlisle encouraged.

'I believe Bella is gifted in another area as well as her intelligence.'

She didn't say anything else watching their expressions intently.

I should proceed carefully. I have seen parents run away from these kind of things before.

Edward frowned again extremely frustrated. She needed to focus.

'Could you be more specific?' Carlisle asked.

He gave Edward a meaningful look, letting him know he only asked so she would think about the situation fully. Finally she did. A memory flowed through her head and Edward watched with her.

Bella was sitting in a corner in the class, reading a book quietly. Around her the children played loudly. Normal children couldn't read at her age and weren't as interested in books as Bella. It was a simple book, but still far more advanced than the picture books the other children read. She didn't pay any attention to the other children, as if they didn't exist. Her classmates paid even less attention to Bella, except for a boy.

It was Liam, a quiet boy like Bella but sweet and educated well. He was staring to her, his eyes only on her. Charlotte watched this strange behaviour. Bella ignored Liam as she ignored the others, but his eyes stayed on her. After a few minutes Liam got up and sat down beside Bella. He asked her what her book was about and she told him with a smile. Charlotte sighed relieved, seeing the proof Bella could interact normally with her classmates. She had seen it before, but every time it happened, she could feel the same relief. She hoped Bella finally found a friend in the boy.

Her attention went to different children, but went back to Bella, when she saw the girl stiffen. Her eyes went blank and she didn't move for a moment. Liam was walking across the classroom. Bella's eyes refocused and before Charlotte knew what to think Bella jumped up and ran towards Liam. Beside the boy, some other children were playing with cars. One car slipped away and rode exactly in the path of Liam. He stepped on it and fell. It was the only wrong place to fall in the entire classroom, because he fell exactly towards the edge of a table. Charlotte could see it happen, but was too far away to prevent the boy from hitting his head on the table. Bella had swiftly run to the same spot as Liam. She grabbed the arm of the boy and pulled him upwards just in time.

She let go of him after he found his footing, walked back to her corner and started reading again. She didn't wait for the boy to thank her. Charlotte was so amazed she didn't know what to do. She watched Bella, but saw nothing in her expression to show she was upset or affected in any way. It was, as if nothing had happened at all, as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

Edward's eyes opened wide with surprise. Bella hadn't shown this kind of behaviour at home. This was completely new for them. Carlisle watched him questionably.

Something wrong, son?

'I have a firm suspicion that Bella might be paranormally gifted, that she can see things before they happen.' Her brow furrowed.

That wasn't really proceeding carefully. She chided herself.

Carlisle's eyes widened in surprise the same way Edward's did, but he recollected himself quickly.

Edward cursed their luck. A normal teacher might think it was just a coincidence, but they had to have the teacher that believed in this kind of stuff. He was right about his new age assessment of her. Charlotte was actually very excited about this development. She had waited for proof about the paranormal for all her life. She was happy she had seen it with her own eyes.

'What makes you so sure?' Carlisle asked.

'A boy in her class was about to have a very unfortunate fall, but Bella stopped it from happening. She did it so decisive, like she knew what was going to happen to this boy.'

'Maybe it is time we move.' Edward whispered to his father outside her hearing range.

Maybe you are right. This could attract undesirable attention to Bella. Although I would rather not go that far. We haven't been here this long and it is not good for a young girl to move away from her familiar surroundings. We should decide this later together with the rest. I will try to do some damage control.

'Isn't it possible Bella just saw what was happening and acted faster than you?' Carlisle made his voice sound calm and convincing. 'Children can have really fast reflexes.'

A defensive reaction, just as I expected. Why do people fear this?

'Do not worry, I assure you, I have Bella's best interest at heart. I will never do something to harm her in any way.'

Well, that is good. Maybe we don't have to move after all.

'Thank you for that reassurance. Was it the first time you saw something like this happening with Bella?'

Yes, but that doesn't mean I am not sure. I know what I saw.

'Yes.'

'If that is so, then I think we should not jump to conclusions.'

Edward smiled, Carlisle had her where he wanted her.

'You are right, Carlisle. I am sorry if I made assumptions.'

Jump to conclusions or not, I am going to pay very close attention to Bella from now on.

Edward sighed. It was clear they needed to have a conversation with Bella about disguising her powers from human eyes.

'No need to apologise. We are very happy with a teacher that is this invested in our Bella.'

Edward heard that Carlisle was eager to end the conversation. They stood simultaneously.

'If that was all?'

'I believe so.'

Carlisle shook her hand again.

'I wish you a good day and thank you for your interest.'

They left quickly and called Bella. She came running towards them. Edward wondered how she could be so timid in class, but so excited around them. Did she really belong in their world instead of the human one? All the signs pointed to this conclusion. They got in Edward's car and drove home.

'What do you think?' Carlisle asked.

'I think Charlotte is right. In her memory I saw that Bella showed the same indications Alice shows when she has a vision. She sees things before they happen.' He concluded. 'Only a few seconds in advance though. Right before it happened she was just reading. I believe she would have warned the boy sooner if she knew sooner what was going to happen.'

I believe you are right. I would very much like to know what the trigger is.

'We need to have a talk with Bella.'

Bella was sitting silently in Carlisle's lap. She seemed deep in thought. Edward knew she couldn't hear their conversation, but still watched her just in case.

Yes, Alice should do it. If anyone can relate to Bella's new gift, it is Alice.

They arrived home. Alice was already waiting outside for them.

'I know, Bella sees things before they happen and you want me to talk to her.'

Edward smiled, but his smile faded fast, there was a lot to discuss and think about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 2.4K 47
Emmett isn't with Rosalie in this book and also it might follow the movie's but I'm not sure yet. Read to find out😘 I'm gonna edit the book one day...
3.1K 134 5
(BELLA SWAN X JANE VOLTURI.) !!THIS STORY IS MINE! DO NOT REPOST OR COPY PLS. I do not own Twilight Stephanie Meyer does. Warning this story does kin...
180K 2.6K 41
This is a Jasper Hale love story everyone enjoy
28.8K 422 14
Evelyn Marie Swan was the one their dad kept while their mother got Bella. Growing up in the small town of forks can be good or bad depending on how...