The Storm Ignites || Johnny S...

By X-Lisa-Anne-X

Two years have gone by. Reed and Sue are getting married, Ben and Alisha are still happily together. As for... More

Two Years
Airports & Planes
Keeping Busy
Wedding Planning and The General
The Sensor
The Big Day
Silver Surfer?
Changing Molecules?
Away from this Life?
The London Eye
Victor Von Doom
The Bar Talk
A Tachyon Pulse
Board Disconnection
Prisoners
Our Last Hours?
The End is Here
BONUS - Along the Way
FINAL AUTHORS NOTE
To Have and to Hold
TheWattys2016

Fifth Times the Charm

5.5K 147 5
By X-Lisa-Anne-X

Fantastic 5: Rise of the Silver Surfer | The Storm Ignites | Fifth Times the Charm

The fight was over.

The Destroyer was gone and the world had been saved, for the second time if you count Victor to be the first. Actually, well, they've saved the world several times due to their powers, depending on how you interpret 'saved the world' anyway.

The Five were slowly walking down the street where buildings and certain things were badly damaged. Reed was holding Sue's hand while Ben stood at the end, and on the other side of Reed was Johnny and June. Johnny hadn't let go of her since she accepted his proposal, he kept his arm wrapped around her waist, keeping her as close as possible.

"So," Ben started, looking glum as he spoke, "I guess this is it then." Recalling the fact that Sue and Reed were supposed to be leaving the group after the whole 'Surfer-Crisis' had ceased to exist. "We all go our separate ways."

Reed didn't even have to think about his answer, "No." He denied.

Ben looked over to him and Sue, shock evident in his eyes, "No?" They didn't mean ... ?

Sue was the one to speak this time, agreeing with her fiancé, "No."

Johnny didn't look so sure as to whether he believed them or not, "No?" He questioned this time with doubt lacing in his voice.

Reed smiled slightly, liking their reactions, "If it wasn't for the team, the whole world would be gone by now." He explained, gesturing to the streets that were pretty banged up. And it was true – if it wasn't for the Fantastic Five ... the world wouldn't even be around anymore.

No more life on Earth.

Sue agreed with him, "We can't run away from our responsibilities and the people we need to protect." She grinned, finding the looks of shock on Ben and Johnny's face amusing. June, though, she just had a smile on her face – maneuvering herself slightly so just her hand was held in Johnny's. "This is who we are."

Johnny let out an exasperated groan, "That's what I've been saying." He exclaimed, looking mildly annoyed – but on the inside, he was very happy about the final decision. Becoming the 'Fantastic Three' didn't sound as cool as the 'Fantastic Five'.

There was still a little doubt in Ben, but couldn't help but ask, "What about having a normal life?" He paused, "A family?"

June chuckled, "Who says you need to be normal to have a family?" She questioned rhetorically. Looking between the team, shrugging lightly with a knowing look, "We're already a family."

Sue smiled at that, hugging herself into Reed's arm as they continued down the street, "So," She began, glancing up at her future husband, "Are you up for another media circus wedding?" Not feeling as bitter about it as the last time around. It's probably because, after everything that's happened today, she just couldn't bring herself to react badly to it.

Maybe they should just elope instead?

"Fifth times the charm."

Reed let out a tired sigh, completely against the idea after what's happened over the last four attempts. There HAD to be another way. "No," He admitted, shaking his head. But after a second of careful thought, a chuckle fell from his lips, an idea creeping up on him. "But ... I have a better idea."

...

In a Japanese garden, a few days later and a few hours away from where the last fight had occurred – the Fantastic Five were all together, ready to finally watch as Reed and Sue tied the knot. In the background, traditional Japanese music instruments played a light wedding song – Reed and Sue were going to be married, away from all the prying cameras and reporters as decided.

The garden itself was beautiful with vibrant and colourful flowers appearing wherever you look. June stood to the side in a dress similar to what she had worn during the fourth attempt at a wedding, the painful high heels she was wearing right now began to dig in – she despised these creatures and prayed she could take the death traps off soon.

Reed was waiting where he was supposed to be; in front of the Priest, not a PDA in sight (although, it was slipped into his suit pocket like last time). Ben was standing with Alisha next to him; he had flown back home get her the moment the couple getting married decided on what they were going to do.

The music continued as Sue was being escorted down the aisle, Johnny leading her through just like last time. Sue couldn't stop smiling because she knew that this time ... there would be nothing that could stop her from marrying the man she loved. There were no camera or reporters, no one to invade their privacy in order to get a peek at their wedding, and no one to say something either horrible or nice about it.

This ... is what their wedding should be about.

Family and Love.

No publicity and/or greedy video footage being taken either.

As the Storm siblings made it to the Priest, Johnny let go of his sister – heading instantly over to June before wrapping her within his arms. Ever since the final showdown, he's having a hard time leaving her for even just a few minutes. The events really took a toll on him, and June could see this - but she didn't say anything. She couldn't get enough physical contact either; having a slightly hard time dealing with what had happened too. She had died ... twice!

The Priest (the same from all four other attempts) began to speak, "Dearly beloved," He smiled, as usual, hoping to finally get through this service without it turning bad ... again. "We are gathered here today to join Reed Richards ... and Sue Storm together-" And suddenly, a familiar beeping sound stopping him in mid-sentence.

The Priest's inner being closed his eyes in exasperation, cursing silently upon the device to hell.

As usual, Reed got out his PDA from the inner pocket – Sue glanced over with curious eyes, surprisingly not angry about it ... or pissed. After last time; there could be a reason to worry if the PDA starts beeping. People nearly died during their fourth attempt because of the 'wanting to ignore it' idea.

"What is it?" Sue whispered over to him as the Service stopped – she watched as her future, soon-to-be husband typed away on the machine in his hands, very fast.

"Uh," Reed looked uncomfortable, "Venice is sinking into the Adriatic." He said it just loud enough for all the team to hear.

Johnny was standing behind June, his arms wrapped around her waist when her head leaned back at the message – hitting her lover lightly in the chest, leaning into his body more, "Uh, oh." She murmured with a small smile on her face, rolling her eyes. She had a feeling as to what was going to happen now. Jonny chuckled lightly, placing a kiss on the top of her head – wrapping her up in his arms a little tighter – watching the rest of the show unveil.

Ben sighed along with the same thoughts, "Oh, boy." He muttered, shaking his head at how things seem to pop up when they really didn't want them to. "That's a biggie." Holding Alisha similar to how Johnny was holding June.

Sue seemed to take Reed's previous approach during their fourth attempt at a wedding – she turned to the Priest, looking insistent. "Can we just ... skip to the end?" She more along the lines of ordered ... rather than suggested. Reed looked over at her, blinking with surprise at what she was asking. But couldn't be happier either – he just wanted to be married to her, he wanted to be her husband now after all this time. Besides, he really didn't want to go through a sixth wedding.

He would positively want to kill himself at that point.

The Priest was startled but wasn't surprised, so he did what she asked, "Uh, okay – the love these two share-" He was cut off by Reed this time before even the first sentence had finished – the tone more insistent than Sue's had been.

"-No, the VERY end." He pushed. Sue didn't seem to have a problem with the decision.

The Priest gave up; skipping to the very, VERY end of the Ceremony. He looked a little down that he wouldn't be able to say his entire speech, but made himself get over it pretty quickly. "Do you have the rings?"

"Here!" Ben called out, raising his hand a little – stepping forwards before placing the two finger-sized hoops into Reed and Sue's hands. The nearly newly-weds quickly put on each other's rings, promptly holding each other's hands afterwards – they were gazing into each others eyes, waiting for the Priest to say the last verse. But after a couple of seconds ... there was still silence.

The Priest was just standing there, bible in hand as a serene smile was left on his lips, watching the couple finally unite as a married couple - he was snapped out of his mood by both Reed and Sue's head snapping over to him, a pushing look showing in their eyes. "Ah, right-" He remembered, getting back to business, "I now pronounce you man and wife ... and you may kiss the bride."

Everyone in the crowd, especially those of the Fantastic Five and Alisha had large smiles on their faces when Reed and Sue leaned in – ceiling the marriage with a kiss, one last lasted at least three seconds. When Sue and Reed pulled back from each other, beams on their lips from finally getting hitched – they took a couple of seconds to revel in this new chapter in their lives.

But then; the real emergency came back.

Venice is sinking into the Adriatic!

Sue was the first to become serious, looking to her husband with a look, "Okay, we should get out of here now." She declared with a nod to her head.

Reed agreed, "Yeah." Moving with her towards the hover-car that was put back together last night by the Richard siblings. Ben followed behind after saying a sweet farewell to his girlfriend – June and Johnny were heading over too, hand in hand as usual.

As they all climbed into the hover vehicle – Sue's eyes widened in remembrance. She turned to Reed, placing a hand on his arm for a second – getting him to turn to her. "I have to throw the bouquet." She told him, grinning – a plan already forming on her lips.

Throughout the crowd, ladies giggled intensively as they readied themselves – all wanting to catch the bouquet of flowers, they were all single you see...

When Sue threw the flowers, it didn't head towards the crowd, no ... it went to one person in particular ... June. The brunette was startled into catching it but did so anyway. June grinned happily, the flowers Sue had chosen for her bouquet were actually very beautiful. "Thanks, Sue." Giving the woman a knowing look, seating herself next to Johnny in the middle section of the hover-car. He grinned over at her; linking his hand into hers, both their engagement rings clinking together lightly.

If he hadn't already proposed yesterday ... he would have definitely done it the moment his sister got June to catch the flowers; but even then, who could wait any longer to propose to such a beautiful woman?

As the hover-car starting lifting into the air; the engines fully firing up in order to get them to the Adriatic – June turned towards her fiancé, a soft but happy smile on her face. He turned to her, feeling her warm hazel eyes looking to him. Their eyes connected, "I love you, Torch." She spoke with her lips, knowing her voice wouldn't have been heard over the passing wind in the sky. And she didn't want anyone else to hear her words over the headphones covering their ears.

Johnny smiled too, a content look on his features. "And I love you too, Aqua." He replied in the same manner but using her 'superhero' name instead as she used his, knowing she could read his lips too.

Although, he'd love to kiss hers right this second...

In the sky; the hover-car broke off into three sections as it did last time. The people on the ground watched with excitement as the three hover crafts did something special in the air. A massive '5' was carved into the bright blue sky ... signalling to everyone that the Fantastic Five had been there.

Over the past three years; many things have happened to the Fantastic Five, from beginning ... to end. People were hurt and hearts were broken - they were mended and new parts of life will start ... life will continue on. They've had their struggles, their fights and their victories – but today, a new chapter has begun for the Fantastic Five family.

And there was so much more to come....

~ NOTE ~

And this, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the last 'movie' chapter of 'The Love of a Storm' series. There will be NO other books to this (just in case anyone was wondering) but as I said before (if anyone reads my little notes) ... I will be doing a BONUS chapter as a sneak-peak into Johnny and June's future.

The BONUS I'm hoping will be up during the weekend, if not, early next week before Tuesday at the latest. I have an essay to complete by midnight tomorrow and a criminal law assignment due on Monday. (Not as fun as if may sound, lol)

If you have anything specific you'd like to see in the BONUS that I might not think of, let me know. It will include, [Wedding, Clip of a future pregnancy (ooh) and the after-birth scene] {You'll get a dedication if I used your idea!}

Follow, Favorite and Review!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 3.3K 16
Life has hit hard, Maxine Grimm is feeling it, as she and Reed Richards along with her uncle, Ben Grimm, scrape the bottom of the barrel to make ends...
47.7K 1.2K 10
Reed and Sue are getting Married. Johnny is has feelings for Scar. When the Silver Surfer threatens their world what do they do. When Johnny starts h...
55.2K 1.6K 13
When mysterious happenings occur all around the globe, Maggie and the Fantastic Five are asked to find out what's happening. But with Reed and Susan'...
70.7K 1.8K 24
The Silver Surfer, an intergalactic herald serving Galactus, plans to destroy the Earth for his master. However, five superheroes must intervene and...