That Wallflower (A One Direct...

By chips-aharry

After three years of being nothing, just a simple, invisible, nobody, the Player of The Fantastic Five takes... More

That Wallflower (Coming May 28, 2013)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 not edited. at all. sorry. :/
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's/ Apology Note *not edited so don't read if you're unedite phobic* :D
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 (the A/Ns an absolute mess, people)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Ask away
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 4 (Finally, right?)

856 34 5
By chips-aharry

Chapter 4

Jade

I smiled at my notebook. I began to sing a couple of the lyrics out loud.

What would you do? What would you say?

How does it feel? Pretend it's OK

My eyes deceive me, but it's still the same

Pretend it's OK.”

“That was great.”

I looked up and saw Perrie.

“Um, hi,” I mumbled, a light crimson color blooming on my cheeks.

“Did you write that?” she asked sitting next to me under the shielding of the tree.

I laughed nervously with a small nod. “Yeah,” I answered sheepishly.

“It was good. Really good, Jade. Could- could I help?” she asked hesitantly.

I blinked. “What?”

“Can I help with the rest of the song because it would seem that that’s all you have,” she said leaning close to look down at my notebook that had a tiny excerpt.

I sighed. “Yeah. I’m trying to come up with more, but it’s hard.” I began to pout.

She laughed. “Well, I’ve got a couple of ideas.” She shrugged. She placed her hand on my pencil and then met my eyes. “May I?”

I shrugged and loosened my grip so she could pull the pencil from my fingers. I handed her my notebook and she smiled before she looked down at the paper. At first when her face brightened, her hand seemed hesitant to write down the lyrics that she murmured as she scrawled them down. She sang them to me.

I see the light that I'm chasing

A memory, but it's fading.”

She lifted her face to look at me. I smiled. “I like that.” I nodded.

She smiled happily and then began to hum. “When it’s gone I’ll be waiting.” She frowned. “That’s all I can think of right now.”

“Know when it’s too late,” I sang, changing the tune of the words and the stanzas a little.

She beamed. “That works.” She then began to turn pages in my journal.

“Pez!”

She smiled at me. “Pez?”

I blushed. “You can’t just look through it.”

She shrugged her shoulders and her eyes trailed along the lines of a song I wrote a while back.

“Wow. You wrote this too?” she asked.

I frowned and then peeked at what song she was reading from. I swallowed at the memory of the dark time I was in when I wrote it.

“Uh, yeah. But that was a long time ago,” I answered in a shaky voice.

She looked up with a concerned expression. “Would you mind if I asked you about what it was that possessed you to write this song?”

I sighed and answered honestly. “Yes, actually. It’s not personal or anyth-”

“I understand.” She placed her hand on my mine. “There’s a lot of pain and sadness in this song. And when you’re ready I want you to know that you can tell me about it.” Her blue eyes were bright in the lighting, but they were also warm with kindness and empathy.

I nodded. “Thanks. Pez.”

She laughed. “That’s actually got a nice ring to it.”

We laughed and I looked down at the beeping sound. It was my phone and then I saw that it was warning me about the meet up we needed to have back at the clearing before we were dismissed from this period and the school day. 

“It’s time to go.”

~ ~ ~

“So now I have to go work with Harry,” I grumbled to myself as I unlocked my dorm room. I hated this whole thing. Why did I have to work with the mean player with curly hair? Tutoring him . . . pssht, I doubt there's anything that can redeem that boy's English grade.

I looked for something to wear and pulled out a Coldplay T-shirt. I decided against wearing it since Harry likes Coldplay, I think.

I grinned and decided to wear my Mickey Mouse fleece sweater and some jeans. I looked at the clock.

“Ten more minutes of freedom,” I whispered and then jumped from my spot and began to play Whitney Houston songs.

A certain song came on that made me think of Mac and I couldn’t help but sing it, thoughts of when I’d auditioned for the X-Factor a while back filling my mind.

“Where do broken hearts go?

Can they find their way home?”

A knock on the door made me turn around to see Harry smirking at me.

I frowned. “How did you get in here?” I demanded, stepping forward, clutching the door.

He walked past me and a snarky voice in my head went, Excuse you.

He shrugged and dropped onto my bed, creating tension in my body as my brow rose. “I picked it obviously.”

“That was a dick move,” I muttered so he wouldn’t hear.

I closed the door and sat down at my desk, deciding that sitting at the bed would only be encouraging to whatever perverted thoughts might be running through his mind. I set my head to the side. “So where do we start?”

He scoffed and picked a book up from beside my bed. “I don’t know. Aren’t you supposed to be the smart one?”

My eyes narrowed and I pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose. “Well, I didn’t wake up this morning expecting to have to work with a stupid boy who doesn’t know shit about English.”

He laughed.

“What?” I frowned.

“It was just so adorable when you swore.” His eyes looked directly into mine in curiosity almost. “But I wouldn’t encourage it in your case.”

I rolled my eyes. What is with this guy? “Whatever. I’ll say what I want to say, and you say what you want to say.”

“You look hot, even with those humongous glasses,” he smirked cheekily.

I rolled my eyes again and walked over to my backpack to pull out our English books. “Okay. How about we keep our comments G rated in that case?”

I turned around and jumped in a startle. He was right in front of me. What is this guy- a ninja? I swallowed and then pushed past him.

“We’ll start with the basics. How about similes, then?”

~*~

“Come on Harry! Don’t you get it? These things that confuse you are everywhere! Including music!” I exclaimed in frustration. There was a reason I wasn’t tutor material, I wasn’t exactly patient. Well, I guess I was using that as an excuse to yell at him. “come on, Harry. I’m sure you can figure this out,” I said, softening my tone upon seeing his frustration.

He frowned and ran his fingers through his curls. He sighed and I did too.

“Look. Why don’t you go home and listen to some music and tell me all the lines you hear that are metaphors and similes. Or, sound like it,” I said, realizing he still couldn’t differentiate these things.

“I’m going to fail,” he mumbled, staring down at the text book.

I shook my head and hesitantly placed a hand on his shoulder. “No you won’t. we just need to get you to make needed connections. If it helps I’ll also make a list of music lines, alright?”

He looked up at me and nodded. He stood up and picked up his own bag and paused in my doorway. “Thanks, I guess.” His voice was low and it made me smile a little at his attempt of not being an ass. He turned his head and his well-known smirk was back. “See you later, Sweetheart.”

I rolled my eyes and pushed him. “Okay, out.”

His loud laugh began to resound and I closed the door before he could see that I myself was chuckling.

It’s short, I know, but I just had to get an update up or else I was scared you guys would protest. Here it is . . . Some questions perhaps?

1) Perrie and Jade bonding. Jerrie, right? Or is it Pade? Let me know that, please?

2) The TCAs, Harry twerking . . . did anyone see the look on Perrie’s face when he began to booty pop? Hahaha. I sure did.

3) Anyone hear the leaked 1D single? Just Can’t Let Her Go, I began a story based on that song. I’m obsessed! And their singing, the song itself . . . I’m going to freaking die!!! Didn’t you meet Heaven for a second when you first heard it? Lol.

Continue Reading