✓ | 𝑾𝒐𝒍𝒇'𝒔 𝑩𝒂𝒏𝒆 (R.S...

By somethingedgy3a

**FINISHED** "𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘕𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘕𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩, 𝘸𝘩�... More

Prologue::Memories
Chapter One::Running
Chapter Two::Robb Stark
Chapter Three::Caught
Chapter Four::Camp
Chapter Five::Dreaming
Chapter Six::Company
Chapter Seven::An Old Friend
Chapter Eight::The Twins
Chapter Nine::On The Road
Chapter Ten::The Deal
Chapter Eleven::Leaving The Twins
Chapter Twelve::Lord Glover
Chapter Thirteen::Finn
Chapter Fourteen::Gared Tuttle
Chapter Fifteen::Fight Me.
Chapter Sixteen::Greywind
Chapter Seventeen::Storm's End
Chapter Eighteen::The Queen
Chapter Nineteen::Riverrun
Chapter Twenty::Secrets
Chapter Twenty One::Walk With Me
Chapter Twenty Two::Oxcross
Chapter Twenty Three::Boltons
Chapter Twenty Four::Delvin
Chapter Twenty Five::Journey Home
Chapter Twenty Six::Esme
Chapter Twenty Seven::Mistake
Chapter Twenty Eight:: Storms
Chapter Twenty Nine::Bastard
Chapter Thirty::At Night
A/N
Chapter Thirty Two::Nice Try
Chapter Thirty Three::Rain
Chapter Thirty Four::The Refusal
Chapter Thirty Five::My King
Chapter Thirty Six::The Silver Fist
Chapter Thirty Seven::Lady Catelyn
Chapter Thirty Eight::The Vale
Chapter Thirty Nine::Betrothal
Chapter Forty::The Red Wedding
Sequel
A/N

Chapter Thirty One::Maybe One Day

3.2K 77 41
By somethingedgy3a

Once the storm had well and truly passed, Raina spent every waking moment that she could outside. Enjoying the air, and basking in the cool breeze that swept across the Riverlands. Even when the sun dare not show it's face, the days still seemed pleasant enough to spend outdoors, be it in the company of the Forresters, or on her own. Since the death of her sister, Raina hadn't seen her siblings very often, and hadn't really wanted to in all honesty. She was still coming to terms with it all, and to be surrounded by those who feel her grief would surely desist her recovery. She just needed time. Rodrik had helped somewhat, distracting her when he could, but he couldn't evade his duties to the King forever, and thus Raina found herself alone sometimes. Other times she would seek out the young Stark girl, spending the time training with her, or just talking. Robb hadn't been particularly available during the week that had passed, and so Raina failed to see much of him since the end of the storm, but she could not complain. He forgave her. The hatred she'd feared had been a nightmare that never came true, and so in the lack of his company, she was just grateful she could still have it occasionally.

Today, however, there was something else to occupy her thoughts. There was no Arya, or Rodrik, to talk to her, and Robb seemed otherwise engaged with familiar company; someone whom Raina later learned went by the name of Talisa. She strode alongside the King, wandering about the grounds of Riverrun, talking and laughing with him as they went, where Raina could see them perfectly. Raina found herself sat against one of the spire walls, eyes previously fixated on the river that lay nearby, but now solidly locked on the pair walking along the river's banks. She hated the woman already, yet to speak to her or make any effort to be introduced to her, Raina already felt a growing repulsion to her, one that would not subside easily. Hatred wasn't the only thing Raina had towards the Valyrian beauty, there was something more poisonous. Jealousy. Talisa seemed so at ease with the King, yet her intentions were all but crystal clear. The way she walked, and held herself, the way she looked to the King and spoke to him, all pointed to one thing; she wanted him. Raina knew too well what it looked like when someone was in love, especially someone in love with the eldest Stark, as she too had been in that spot for most of her life. But that didn't stop the boiling rage that stirred in Raina's stomach as she watched the man she loved, with the woman that shared Raina's feelings towards him. It hurt, like a toxic blade stabbing directly into Raina's chest with no antidote, to see someone so close, yet so far from her own grasp, and so close to another's. Raina couldn't tell if Robb was reacting the same way, though her mind seemed to work that out without confirmation. Of course he was, who wouldn't want a beautiful woman like Talisa, especially when she was so obviously willing? Robb would have to be blind and dumb to not want someone like her, despite his promised betrothal, Talisa would of course be an option. And that just made the wound burn more.

Raina had a habit of curling up between the outer walls and those of the towering spires scattered at intervals in the wall, finding solitude in the gap she forced herself into, hiding from prying eyes yet still with a perfect view of the river. It had been her favourite thing about Riverrun the first time she'd been here, and coming back only made her love grow, as she was able to see it once more. She'd walked along those banks too many times to count in the passing days, the stroll proving to be quite relaxing in times such as these. Robb seemed to agree too. Whenever Raina had seen him with company, he'd walk them along the river, talking as they went, oblivious to the young girl watching, yet Robb always seemed otherwise distracted anyway, his beautiful gaze falling to the rippling water, just as Raina's would. She never had any qualms with Robb copying her walk, in fact she prefered to add it to the list of things they had in common, the list still ever growing, but now she despised him for the company he'd brought with him on this occasion. He may not have meant anything by it, but to anyone watching the pair it was sending mixed messages. Catelyn, for example, would be fuming to see her son, who is promised to another, flirting with a Valyrian girl like Talisa. And Raina couldn't help but hope the King's mother was indeed close by.

But no interruptions came to the King's conversation, and no inconveniences pulled them from one another's company. They just walked. The only distraction proving to be for Raina. Though she sat out of view of anyone else, that didn't stop a friend from finding her. He didn't need to see her to be able to tell where she was. Without paying much attention, Raina failed to notice the large animal that had taken a seat beside her, lying on his front with his head perched affectionately on her knee. He could smell her from miles away. Raina, after taking a moment to really acknowledge his presences, placed a hand on his head, playing with his soft fur to calm her down. Of course it did not help much with the boiling pain that had been caused by her company's owner's new love interest, but it was at least relaxing to have some company that wouldn't argue back.

She'd grown rather fond of Greywind, more so than she had already been. When her and Arya used to write to each other, Raina had developed a weird attraction to Greywind, falling in love with the idea of him. Yet since having met him, that failed to falter, in fact she just loved him more. He was half her height, with a strong build and a thick coat, painted multiple shades of grey, his eyes were like Robb's, blue like the sea, and yet despite his threatening appearance, he was one of the most loving and good-natured animals Raina had ever come across. In fact, Greywind even out ranked some of the people she'd known in her life. Having him in her company always calmed her down, somewhat, and helped her feel slightly more comfortable with a situation. She still hated Talisa, and prayed that Robb was not considering her for any role in his life, but with Greywind, the anger was dulled, momentarily.

Rodrik had told Raina to tell Robb how she felt about him, now that he knew about who she was, it would only make sense to get it all out in the open, instead of her hiding her feelings for longer; but the idea of divulging feelings she'd had since she was a childish girl only made Raina feel sick. The fear of rejection prominent in her thoughts whenever Rodrik brought up the topic. Besides, now mentioning such feelings would be futile, as he was due to marry another. A Frey girl. And despite how he acted with Talisa, it seemed obvious his mother would not let him ruin such an arrangement, especially for someone of the likes of Talisa, or anyone else. Rodrik had also mentioned Catelyn's original intentions of marrying Robb to the youngest Glover, and had wondered if that idea would ever be revisited, however Raina had convinced both him, and herself, that it was just a fantasy both parties had formulated to pass the time, and to prevent themselves from thinking about what was to really happen.  Robb would marrying the Frey girl, whether Raina was here or not, or whether he knew she loved him or not, or whether he felt the same or not, or even whether he loved another girl or not. He was marrying the Frey girl one way or the other, and nothing was supposed to ruin that. Not even someone whom had almost been betrothed to him some time ago.

Trying hard not to pay the couple her attention, Raina started to contemplate what things would have been like, back then, if she had truly been betrothed to Robb. She supposed she would have had to tell him sooner about how she'd always felt about him, and hoped maybe she would know by now if it was mutual. They would probably have had at least one child, hopefully a son, by this time, who would be currently growing up in Winterfell. Raina also wondered if that would have had any baring on whether Ned took his daughters to King's Landing or not, and whether, if he hadn't, he might still be alive now, and all the Stark's would be home together, with Raina,  and the North would thus not be trapped in a war. That life sounded a lot better than this one. And how Raina wished it could have turned out that way. Her sister might even be alive had it played out in such a way. But as usual, Galbart Glover ran his mouth too far and destroyed that hope for them all, leaving them all where they are today. Raina blamed him for a lot, and the list was yet to stop growing.

Honestly, Raina wanted Robb to know. She wanted to be able to run into his arms whenever she was cold, or in need of company, she wanted to be able to tease him, and have him tease her back, she wanted to be able to curl up against him at night, and talk into the dark while they fell asleep, she wanted to be able to kiss him when she felt like it, just because she could, she wanted to call him her's, and keep other women away, she wanted him to love her like she did him. But the fear of him pushing her further away was too big a risk, and the idea of losing him again was too great to be overcome by the positives of one potential outcome. And from where she sat now, watching him with another woman, the same woman who had caused Raina's exit at the Oxcross, Raina was only swayed to believe she'd made the correct choice in not telling Robb of her feelings. Even if it did hurt to see him slowly falling for another, when she might be able to prevent it, or provide another alternative for him, she knew it may well be too late anyway, and was too pathetic to risk it.  And, even though Raina hated thinking about it in such away, Robb would be stupid to turn down a woman like Talisa, especially if it were only for a simple Glover. So Raina sat back, prepared to accept she wasn't right for Robb, and never stood a chance; and when Rodrik brought up the matter of her telling the King of her love, she'd just stay put, and say maybe one day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 84 27
" For all nineteen years of my life I had been raised in Winterfell. Although I was born near the south in Kings Landing the North does and will alwa...
940K 19K 193
Hey guys, thanks for choosing to read my book. I hope you enjoy it. If you haven't already, please go to my page to find the first part of this book...
82.2K 2.5K 37
There she had stood, in place of her son, asking Lord Frey to let them pass by their bridge and they'd be on their way. On their way to King's Landin...
62.1K 2.7K 20
❝I've found a new home❞ Where a Free Folk girl finds herself protecting a group of Kneelers. S4 - S8