adorned flames || the houseke...

Bởi diamondprince

It's been four years. Four years since Mindless Behavior met fame. Four years since Jayden starting going to... Xem Thêm

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
ANNOUNCEMENT, PLEASE READ
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five (PLEASE READ A/N AT THE END)
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Eight

2.1K 119 45
Bởi diamondprince

~Aliyah's POV

"Alright, thank you for coming in today. We'll give you a call." The lady I had been interviewed by says, sticking her hand out for me to shake. I scored an interview at Sony through some connections, and I feel really confident about how it went.

"Thank you." I shake her hand, and make my way to the exit. I catch a glimpse at the tv on the wall in the hallway, and the headline reads, 'Mindless Behavior goes broke?' I stop for a second to watch, wondering if that's why Roc called Kaylan. Would he stoop that low?

"Recent rumors report that the famous RnB group, Mindless Behavior have officially terminated their contract with Atlantic Records, but that also might mean they've terminated their bankroll as well! The boys were reportedly spotted back in Los Angeles after bring evicted from the penthouse they've been residing in for the past four years. Is this the end of Mindless Behavior?"

I hope it is. I leave the building and get into my car, the radio playing lowly as I drive home. My phone begins to buzz, and I pick it up. "Hello?"

"Ali! How's it going, girl?!" I'd recognize that voice from anywhere.

"Mike! Oh my gosh, I haven't heard from you in forever!" Back in high school, Mike had produced a few of the songs I wrote, and helped me start on this path of producing music. He's been a great mentor and friend.

"My bad, I've been busy! You know how it is. Anyway, a little birdy told me you wasn't working at Capitol anymore, what's up with that?" Damn, news travels fast.

"Uh, yeah, the little birdy's correct." I embarrassingly admit.

"You should come down to the studio, for old times' sake! I need a little help with this track I got due in a couple days and I know you got the magic touch."

"Aw, stop it you."

"I'm not even saying it to be nice, Aliyah. Every single Capitol's put out since you got there has hit at least double platinum! And I know you was behind it. They stupid for letting you go."

"Okay, now you're just sucking up to me so I'll go down there." I giggle, not minding the compliments.

"I mean...is it working?" I take a second to think about my day tomorrow, and if I'll be able to. "Please, Aliyah. It's just a couple hours tomorrow and Wednesday. It's a paying gig." He adds.

"What time do you need me?" I pull over to write down the information, and go home quick to change for my new job at the grocery mart.

It's hard out here for ya girl.

~Jacob's POV

I literally have not left the couch since I first got here. The box of Lucky Charms is empty, and sprawled out on the coffee table.

The feeling of failure is slowly beginning to set in as I watch my sixth hour of the Bernie Mac Show, and eat my fifth hot pocket. I smell like I haven't bathed in days, which makes sense because I haven't bathed in days. I know Janelle is getting tired of me just laying around the house, but quite frankly, this is not her house to dictate.

The front door opens, and my dad walks in and looks at me. "Jake, it's been two days. Get yo ass up." he rolls his eyes.

"I can't. I'm on bed rest." I sigh.

"That's a couch!" He points out, setting down his briefcase.

"Even worse! Oh God, I don't even have a bed to lay on. What is this life?" I cry out, pretending to stab myself in the heart.

"Nope. I can't do this. You got ninety minutes to get up, clean this mess you made in my family room, get showered, get dressed, and get out. As a matter of fact," He grabs the grocery list off of the fridge and hands it to me. My mouth falls open at his sudden statement of authority.

"Are you serious? What if people see me?"

"Wear sunglasses, cut your hair off, I don't KNOW. I  just want you up and out of the house, please. It won't take that long, brat." I throw a small fit before getting up, stretching, and getting to work on that list he assigned me.

An hour and fifteen minutes later, I'm at the grocery store with a hoodie and shades on. I look like a damn ex-convict. I lazily push the cart around the store, getting the items on the list. I have one left, and it's nine grain wheat bread. What the fuck?

"Who the hell eats nine grain wheat bread in the house?" I say out loud. This list has me all sorts of fucked up. I turn into the grain aisle, looking for this crazy ass bread. I can't seem to find it anywhere. I grow annoyed, it's probably Janelle who wants this nine grain shit anyway.

I'm about to just give up and get the regular grain when I spot an employee further in the aisle. She has glowing light brown skin, medium length black hair, and a nice ass that fills her khaki pants. I make my way over, forgetting that I look like a trash can.

"Excuse me miss, I was just looking for-" she turns around and I almost shit my pants.

It's Aliyah.

~Aliyah's POV

"Excuse me miss, I was just looking for-" I turn around to help the customer seeking assistance, but they stop mid-sentence.

"Yes? How can I help you?" I involuntarily look the gentleman up and down, a little thrown off by his appearance. He's wearing an old grey hoodie, black sweats, yet they're matched with the newest pair of KDs and Ray Ban shades. It's not until I notice the mop of hair hiding under his hoodie that I realize it's Jacob.

My heart begins to beat three times faster, and as much as I try to compose myself, I can't help but be taken aback. I would be embarrassed for him to see me working here, but the way he's dressed makes me feel a little better about it.

Damn, Mindless Behavior really did go broke.

"Aliyah...hi." Jacob says awkwardly, not sure how to feel.

"Hey...Jacob."

"Princeton." He corrects me, making me already want to smack him in the face.

"...Seriously? That was a real thing?" I ask, turning back to restock the canned goods. I remembered that name from when we were in high school, but I never called him it so it wasn't relevant to me.

"Yeah, it's my stage name..."

"Hm. Well, how've you been?"

"Uh, pretty good. I've been busy, you know. With Mindless Behavior and all." I try to contain the sarcastic laughter that's bubbling up inside.

"That's great!" I forcibly smile at him. "So, what brings you to Safeway?"

"Oh, I'm visiting the family for a while, and I just dropped by the pick up a few things for the house. Do you know where I could find this nine grain wheat bread stuff?" It's literally the next aisle over, but I want to have a little fun with him. I honestly have no clue where it is.

"Oh! Yeah, we moved the rest of the grains to the back of the store, so you're gonna have to go back there. It should be in aisle nineteen."

"Alright thanks. And nice seeing you." He waves before making his way to the back.

~Jacob's POV

I've circled this damn store at least four times looking for aisle nineteen, but I can't seem to find it, the last aisle I can find is aisle fifteen. Where the hell is it?

I groan in frustration, cursing my dad for even making me do this. I spot a different employee, and ask him for assistance. "The grains are up by the front, but I'm pretty sure that bread is with our dietary items, and those should be in aisle six." I roll my eyes, thank him, and make my way to aisle six. Thankfully, this damn bread is the first thing I find when I turn into the aisle.

"Thank God," I huff, and throw two loaves in the cart before proceeding to the self-checkout line. On the way, I run into Aliyah again. We lock eyes, and a sly grin spreads on her face. No she didn't. I angrily push my cart towards her, pissed that she thought her little prank was funny.

"Is there a problem, sir?" she asks, smirking at me like she's some evil mastermind.

"You think you're funny, huh? You a comedian now, Aliyah?"

"Oh my Gosh, Jacob. It was just a tiny, harmless joke. What, were you not allowed to crack jokes over at Atlantic?" She places one hand on her hip, a sly smirk spreading on her lips.

"Ha ha ha, good one." I mock her in a high voice.  "It wasn't necessary, and as an unsatisfied customer, I should file a report on your ass."

"Sir, if you have a problem with the service you've received today, you can most certainly contact the store manager...considering I still have a manager." She stifles a laugh, and I can't help my blood from boiling.

"Oh, that's shots fired." I state, turning the cart around so I can pay for the groceries and go home. "And it's Princeton." I correct her for the second time.

I drove back home that night, unable to remove Aliyah's snide remarks from my thoughts. Who was she to comment on Mindless Behavior's departure from the contract? What was she doing working at Safeway anyway? Wasn't she some big music producing prodigy or something?

Speaking of Prodigy, my phone began to ring, indicating a call from him. I turned down the music in the car and answered. "Wassup?"

"Hey, so I got good news and bad news." Fuck, how much more bad news could I get?

"Alright. Hit me with the bad news first." I huffed.

"Nah, I think you gon' want the good news first."

"Prod just start talking." I snap, getting impatient.

"Okay, so we found Roc."

"Finally! Where has he been?!"

"He was in Florida with Kaylan." I slam my head into the headrest in annoyance. "Of course he fuckin' was. I knew as soon as we got out of there he would run back to her. I bet Ray Ray's already with Dana too." I roll my eyes. "What's the bad news?"

(a/n) cliffhanger for old times sake 😭❤️
in the meantime, go follow my 2nd account brokeandbrazy ill be posting on there very soon

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

22.7K 848 23
‼️ C O M P L E T E D ‼️ Their back! Two years after Jacob and Brooke break up, and Mindless Behavior moves to California. Jacob has been doing well...
370K 12.6K 30
All Ivy wanted was love. Her boyfriend of one year, Jake, seemed to be a good option, but he was far too professional for Ivy's liking, and her best...
8.1K 241 23
Set four years after New Rules. P.S I am still working on "The Perfect Ending" however, the story isn't giving me excitement and creative ideas like...
5.3K 428 26
Nathan Brooks. A 23 year old college student finding his way between the walls of a rather small dry cleaners shop. He strives for the simple college...