time lapse ⇒pietro maximoff

By trickylittleangel

"moon dust in your lungs, stars in your eyes, you are a child of the cosmos, a ruler of the skies." {age of u... More

PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING FIC:)
P r e f a c e
P l a y l i s t
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII

XXIX

7.4K 212 112
By trickylittleangel

Eden

The moment the quinjet brushed the ground, my wings had spread. In their full lush, the grey hues elegantly fanned out and my barbs hung gracefully, swaying subtly with each motion I made.

The whole ride to Sokovia was relatively silent, aside the words of encouragement from my brothers. They had faith in me- in my ability. They didn't think I would need their help, but gave me a special word to say if I did. 

The back of the quinjet opened, the fans whirring to a slow murmur outside. I got to my feet, along with Pietro, and we were the first to exit and survey the area. The mission was to evacuate as many people as possible, then bring the fight directly to Ultron. 

"Come on my love, we've got a mission to carry out." Pietro said to me, and I nodded, and he released my hand, pecked my lips with a cheeky grin, and sped off to father-knows-where to evacuate citizens. My hero...

I lifted into the air, all six of my wings flapping harmoniously, and I spotted a shopping center, with more than a thousand people inside. I then heard rapid gunfire and explosions, and I knew that Ultron had made his descent into Sokovia.

I darted into the shopping center, and the people trapped inside were screaming in fear, but once I squeezed inside, their screams began to subside. I held my hands out at the blocked exits and the white energy surged from my veins, blasting the blockade and opening an escape route.

I touched down onto the ground, watching the surging sea of humanity make their way out of the shopping center and outside.

"Please find a dock and please load all women and children in first to safety!" I called out to the people, and they seemed to listen, to some extent. The strength of command in my voice startled me. Perhaps my brothers' faith really resounded within me. 

The people fleeing at various paces were all too concerned to the damage to their city and homes to really pay attention and heed  my words, but I saw to it that they made it to the edge of the city to safety. I saw the occasional silver and blue streaks, knowing it was Pietro, at work.

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire." Steve said through our ear pieces, he made us put them in our ears to ensure we could all communicate. Steve made the point especially clear for me, since we weren't all Archangels of the Lord. I felt my heart squeeze at the sound of Steve's voice in my ear. What if he got hurt? He was certainly what humans call a 'best friend' to me. 

"And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't." He continued.

"So our priority is getting them out."

"We're under attack. Clear the city, now." Tony curtly responded, and I hung onto every word. 

"All they want is to live their lives in peace. And that's not going to happen today." I heard from behind me and I jumped.

I saw Steve behind me, and he took his mask off and clipped it to the hook above his back pocket.

"You're a little distracted." Steve remarked. The usually reserved Captain had seemed to be full of words today.

He's angry, he wants to make sure you're fired up and prepared to ride into battle. Gabriel said in my head and I grimaced for a second.

"We will do our best to protect the people, and we will get the job done." I said to Steve, alerting him that I'm fully focused. I wore a mask of total ease, trying to reassure Steve that he had nothing to worry about. I am here to protect and serve. 

We walked out of the shopping center and out into the open. Rapid gunfire and android noises were ringing through the city and I cringed. I've had a slight taste of violence. I don't like it very much.

"Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world," Steve said, and I shook my head.

"This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

I saw Tony dart in the sky, his iron suit making a whirring noise as he was airborne. I needed to follow him.

I lifted in the air and flew as fast as I could to follow Tony, only to see he was chasing Ultron.

"Sokovia's going for a ride."

"Do you see? The beauty of it. The inevitability. You rise, only to fall." Ultron said in his eerie mechanized voice. It sent un-God like shivers down my spine. As an archangel, I'm not supposed to feel fear.

"Nice to witness the event of this mighty battle, I'd like to gauge how powerful you'll be. Maybe we can team up together, once I annihilate the rest." Ultron sneered at me, and I stared at him dead in his red and beady eyes.

"Too bad I'll be protecting them the whole time. And I can't perish, so good luck with that." I said, retorting back. 

"You, Avengers, you are my meteor, my swift and terrible sword and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal." Ultron said dramatically and I looked at Tony's masked face and I could feel him reeling in sarcastic comments.

For once Tony, I agree with you. I said, directing the message to his head and he nodded.

"The Vibranium core has got a magnetic field, that's what's keeping the rock together." Tony said, and I had noticed Ultron took off.

"If it drops?" Steve asked through the earpiece, and I had flown away from Tony and I surveyed the damage.

"Right now the impact would kill thousands. Once it gets high enough...global extinction."

"Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job: tear these things apart." Steve said, and I had narrowed his position down and I saw Pietro, gasping for air.

I immediately darted down to him, and I attacked him in a hug, while nervously checking him for any wounds. 

"You get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed, walk it off." Steve spoke strongly towards us, whilst Pietro hugged me back. My love only offered Steve a cheeky grin in reply; this was only just child's play. My speedster could handle it. 

"Love, I've got to get this done. I'll be back. Just wait for me." Pietro said, and I released him and gave him a tender smile. The pale skin of his cheeks were dusted with a rosy tint and I raised my hand to stroke his jaw. 

"Okay, but please be safe. I can't watch you all day." I said jokingly, and Pietro smiled, and leaned down and kissed me. Some how this kiss felt- different.

"After, you can have your way with me." Pietro said, but not before adding a saucy wink, and I nodded. 

"I love you to the stars and back my love, I'll see you soon." With that, he sped off, and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. My heart could nearly explode with the force of the love I harbored for my silver haired boy. He almost made me forget I was in a warzone. 

"You can't save them all." Ultron thundered, and I turned up to look at the sky.

"I'll sure as hell try, with all the force of heaven, I'll make sure I'll save every last soul."

"The anti-gravs are rigged to flip. Touch 'em, they'll go full reverse thrust. The city's not coming down slow."

"The spire's Vibranium. If I get Thor to hit it...It'll crack, but that's not enough, the impact would still be devastating."

"Maybe if we could cap the other end, keep the atomic action doubling back. That could vaporize the city. And everyone on it. The next wave's gonna hit any minute."

"What have you got, Stark?"

"Well, nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city."

"That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear."

"We asked for a solution, not an escape plan." I interrupted the earpiece conversation, and I heard Tony sigh, his tone clearly revealing that we were rapidly running out of options. I was also beginning to think that he was hoping I'd stay out of the logistical plan of attack.

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're going to have to make a choice."

"Cap, these people are going nowhere. If Stark finds a way to blow this rock..."

"Not 'til everyone's safe."

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there."

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it."  I found Steve once more through all the wreckage, and I looked at him with a knowing glance. I was willing to sacrifice it all to save my team, and Steve needed to know. 

"We shouldn't leave." I said seriously, and Natasha glanced at me warily.

"There's worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?" Natasha snorted, and I heard the sound of a new voice.

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better."

I saw the rise of this large ship like carrier, and I stared at it in awe.

"Nice, right? I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."

"Fury, you son of a bitch."

"Oooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?"

"Lifeboats secure to deploy. Disengage in 3, 2...take 'em out."

"This is SHIELD?" Steve asked, and Natasha shrugged.

"This is what SHIELD's supposed to be."

"This is not so bad." I murmured in amazement.

"Go go! Round up as many civilians as you can- load them onto the docks and then secure yourself in. I know your brothers won't be forgiving if you get hurt." Steve said, and I shook my head.

"I'll follow the first part- but my family believes in sticking together, regardless if death is staring us straight in the face." I said, flying over to a building, opening doors and blasting blockades and freeing hundreds of people.

I led the surging sea of humanity into the safety of the docks, and I had realized it had been way too long since I've seen Ultron.

I whip my head around at rampant gunfire and I saw the familiar silver blur, and Clint crouching in front of a little boy. Without thinking, I ran to their aid, and I was shoved out of the way by the silver blur and the gunfire continued, piercing the smoke filled air.

"Bet you didn't see that coming."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

760K 18.6K 18
❝Your claws are sharp, sharper than anyone's instincts.❞ ❝Wow man, you're making it sound like I'm actually cool.❞ {based on Age of Ultron, contains...
13K 187 37
I've never fallen from quite this high Falling into your ocean eyes Those ocean eyes ...
165K 4.8K 49
Yes, this is another soulmate story. Yes, you've probably seen quite a few of these. Yes, this is not an original idea at all. Yes, you can deal with...
20.4K 718 38
In a blink of an eye I wasn't home anymore, my body travelled through time and space to be where my heart desired. Set in Avengers: Age of Ultron and...