Death Is My BFF (Book 1 Origi...

By katrocks247

Watty Award Winner 2011) *ORIGINAL SERIES* This is the first book of the Original Death Is My BFF Series, whi... More

DEATH IS MY BFF IS NOW PUBLISHED!!!
All Rights Reserved
Deathly Prologue
Chapter 1: The Garbage Can Smasher
Chapter 2: Death By Pumpkin Patch
Chapter 3: The Sweatshirt Thief
Chapter 4: Death By Costume
Chapter 5: Death By Taco
Chapter 6: Death By Party
Chapter 7: Let Me Just Get My Floaties
Chapter 8: Death By Group Discussion
Chapter 9: Hide And Go Death
Chapter 10: Clown On The Prowl
Chapter 11: Death By Clown
Chapter 12: A New Start...And Apartment
Chapter 13: Waiting And Waiting
Chapter 14: Twenty Questions
Chapter 15: Day One: Getting the Boss A Sandwhich
Chapter 16: Yeah Right! This Was Like My First Day In Hell....o How Are You?
Chapter 17: Death By Egg Roll
Chapter 18: Taunting Grimmy
Chapter 19: Strawberry Milk
Chapter 20: Death By Pizza Guy
Chapter 21: Watching My Every Move
Chapter 22: Eenie Meenie Minie...
Chapter 23: Death By Fun House
Chapter 24: Death By Fun House~ Part 2
Chapter 25: A Deathly Drive Home
Chapter 26: Night Job
Chapter 27: Unexpected And Unprepared
Chapter 28: A Bossy Temper Tantrum
Chapter 29: Death By Changing Room
Chapter 30: I Glow In The Dark
Chapter 32: A Death Note
Chapter 33: Don't Mess With The Cloak
Chapter 34: Killing Between The Lines
Chapter 35: Mood Killer
Chapter 36: His Cloak Is His Only Saving Grace
Chapter 37: Death By Dream
Chapter 38: Attack of The Copy Machine
Chapter 39: Mr. Acrimony
Chapter 40: Peek A Boo! I See....
Chapter 41: D.D.R- Death Dance Revolution
Chapter 42: Hidden Image
Chapter 43: Death By Spicy Salsa
Chapter 44: Faithy-Poo Is Stuck Like Glue
Chapter 45: The Auspicious One In The Family
Chapter 46: Cruentus
Chapter 47: Distorted Reflection
Watty Awards-- Until Next time
Deathly Epilogue
WANT MORE DEATH IS MY BFF???
DIMBFF Series Order
Death by Message

Chapter 31: Creepy...Crawlers

311K 12.6K 4.8K
By katrocks247

VOTE & Comment or I'll get my bff Death on your ass! *He's right behind you... :) )

I haven't read this over yet so I'm sorry if it completely makes no sense whats so ever. LOL. Listen to this song it's kind hysterical how much it relates to this chapter! xD

~There's something crawling in the dark and I feel it but I know that it's after me. ~ I don't feel it, I'm not afraid of IT. ~Nothings ever scared me...yet. ~Hey, hey creepy crawler. 

$$ OH DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS DAT PICTURE TO THE RIGHT??? <3

******************************************************************************************************

It’s one thing to wake up to an alarm clock; a device that is made to awaken even the toughest of sleepers, it’s another thing to wake up to your Boss, which is on the heavy side, rolling over and laying on top of you.

“Ooof!” I gasped out, as his heavy body laid on mine. I instantly tried to push him off. “David, get off of me!” I gasped out. My arms were stuck from underneath him as well as my legs. His head lay next to mine, his arm over the side of couch.

I managed a deep breath from his crushing weight.“DAVID!”

“Mmm,” he groaned. At my wiggles he made another whinnying sound in his throat, and got up a little as if to do a push-up. The next word the man spoke had nothing to do with the situation, and quite frankly was disturbing.

“Woof.” He shook his hair like a dog, and adjusted his position by putting this arms around my back, and lazily lay back on top of me his head on my chest.

My jaw dropped.

What the heck was that? I knew he sleep-talked but does he also sleep-walk? He just pretended to be a dog! And what if he’s not really sleeping? What if he’s just acting so he can conveniently lay his head on my chest!

“You little pig,” I spat, looking down at his shaggy-haired head.

He let out a soft snore at my stare, insisting he was really sleeping. His pink lips were slightly open, his face calm. My face softened at how adorable he looked—not like the jerk he was the other day.

I poked his back lightly not wanting to wake him up too abruptly. “David!” I whispered, jabbing him again. His wide shoulders twitched at his name, as well as his eyebrows. I decided to play along with the chance that he was dreaming he was a dog.

“David honey, I’ll give you a biscuit if you get up?” I coaxed, patting his head affectionately.

His eyebrows furred into a line between his eyebrows and then faded.

It was worth a shot.

I put my head back in defeat against the couch. Not only was I working at a superb paycheck, my Boss was now sleeping with me….literally.

 I stared down at my Boss’ head once again, thinking about how bad his sleeping habits were. If he talks and moves in his sleep, he must sleep walk. Right? A sudden question floated into my brain, and I quickly tried to flush it out. Did he walk around in night in his underwear? Is what David is doing even considered sleeping?

“I don’t think so,” David mumbled his mouth now by my neck.

I froze, realizing that mumbling could have easily answered my question in my mind. Was he still sleeping? Could he read my mind? Did I talk out loud?  One thing was for sure, I had to mess with him while he slept. It was the only way to get him back for his inappropriate ‘pillow’ use on my chest.

“David,” I sung, whispering in his ear. “Can you hear me?”

“Faith,” he sang back, in surprisingly good voice.

“You stupid…you’re totally not sleeping!”

He didn’t answer.

I put my head back against the couch, getting ready to give up and just fall back asleep. Something told me to open them again, so I let them drift along David’s sleeping features.

Hope,” his voice sang again, using a familiar nickname. My eyes widened to their fullest, as I stared at David’s un-moving mouth. It was definitely David’s voice. I would know it anywhere.

What the--

“Look around you,” they whispered again, their voice deepening, into a huskier tone. “Nothing is as it seems.”

I attempted to sit up as much as I could with David on my lap, and slowly took in the bizarre scene around me. The office had no objects in it except for the couch we were on. The carpets were their normal dark color. Wind flew from all directions, whipping against my face and I realized the windows in the office were all gone, leaving the 88th floor vulnerable to the city.

When I stopped staring at the scene, I realized David had disappeared on my lap. “David?” I burst out, my heart racing. “David, where are you?”

Where am I?

At that thought, small shadows started to come out of the windows, crawling against the walls. I cringed on the seemingly small couch, letting out small gasps. Giant spiders quickly made their way to me, starting to become a heard in size. They tackled each other to reach me, stacking until I estimated there were at least eight thousand of them.

I stood up on the couch screaming, only to be pulled back down by a strong force. A hand took hold of both of mine, the other one securing my neck to the couch. “Creepy.. crawlers,” a gravelly whispered in my ear. “Creepy…crawlers. C’mon Faith I know you know the rest.  Sing it with me it can be a duet.”

 "Where's David?" I asked, sounding almost frantic.

"Far, far away in the land of Narnia. I'm surprised he didn't tell you it was an important business trip." He couldn't help but burst into snickers afterwards. "I am so talented," he put his hand in front of my face to point at where the windows would be. "Who else could just get rid of windows and add a little spiders just to freak someone out?" 

I didn't answer.

"Joy, you know your not dreaming right? This is real," he hissed, emphasising the last part.

“No.” I struggled against the strong force, seeing the spiders near. “This is a dream, this isn’t real.”

"Is it?"

"Yes, I'm possitive," I managed, taking a deep breath. "You're just playing with me."

"Hmph, you think so low of me."

"And your ego just keeps weighting it down," I sputtered between my lips.

"You know what, Joy? I don't like your tone." The wind kicked up in the room as he held a spider in his hand, dangling the leg over my face. I shut my eyes, my body shaking in fear.

"I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming."

“Keep telling yourself that, maybe this spider will just disappear.”

“This is a dream! You’re not here!” I shouted. Tears threatened to burst from my eyes, as I opened them to watch the darkened spider.

A long sigh escaped from behind me, as they dropped the spider on my blouse. I let out a squeal, so afraid I felt as if I couldn’t breathe. “Maybe now’s not the right time since you got a hairy spider on your breasts,  but frankly I don’t give. A certain someone, a very naughty someone ruined my day today, so I'm just doing what needs to be done to them. I'm pretty good with revenge, and all.”

I kept my mouth in a thin line, as I saw his hand drift down to the spider and pet it.  “Listen babe, I don’t have a lot of time here, so I’ll give it to you straight,” the  deep voice said, pushing my hair off of my sweaty face. “Say yes if you want me to continue.”

I spat a dirty curse word in response.

“You say the nicest things, cupcake.” They gave my cheek a hard squeeze. “Just give me my cloak back by tonight and I’ll leave you alone, kay?”

My chest rapidly went up and down with my breathing. “ARE YOU SERIOUS?” I burst out, straining against the pressure holding me down. “You just made me witness the biggest,  most hairiest, and disgusting spider on my chest, because you wanted your precious robe back? That you placed in my room in the first place?”

They probably shrugged. “Well…yeah…”

“If you don’t get me out of here right now,” I bit out, flexing every muscle in my now energized body. “God help me I will—“

“Oh darn, looks like I have to go, Naggy. We’ll have a chat later over some tea?” He spoke over me making, making sure to be extra loud. “Yeah, sounds great Faithy-poo, see you then!”  Over all he sounded as if he was trying to get off his Mother on the phone.

“What—no—you’re not—“

A dark cloud floated over me teasingly, until it snatched me like a snake. Surprisingly my last thought before I left the dream had nothing to do with the possibly life threatening spiders that were so close to eating my face off, nor about the strange ‘no-furniture-or-windows-in-the-office’ thing, the fact that they had used David’s voice to gain my trust not to long ago—and scare me at the same time, or even the fact that I had just been pulled into the most dreadful nightmare of my life, ironically with Death himself. Hell no, that would make me a normal person. My last thought before I woke up from the nightmare, screaming with every inch of my lungs into David’s ear was in fact:

Death drinks tea?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 429 51
*Book 1 of the Dark Wing Collective Series*- COMPLETED Rieka Stephens is a seasoned detective. She's been through many cases, but none like the one s...
4.9M 31.1K 9
"I know you're a virgin but have you never been touched?" He asked, sliding his other hand down onto her leg. "What makes you say that?" Kat breathe...
7.2M 283K 24
(Bfflad- Best friends for life and death) Dear Reader, Let's start at the beginning shall we? I died. Oh no, not one of these stories again where som...
303K 18.2K 49
PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS BEAUTIFUL CHAOS - same story, NEW TITLE! |2022 Wattys Shortlist| When a demon princess and a human man collide, it is beautiful...