Royal Blood

By Ouatobsessed

Daring, mysterious, smart, cunning, overly rich and most of all; breathtaking. Men in every realm wish to be... More

Part One Chapter One: The Proposal
Chapter Two: Young Bride
Chapter Three: Masquerade
Chapter Four: New Journey
Chapter Five: Safe Haven
Chapter Six: Young Child
Chapter Seven: Welcome Home
Chapter Eight: Follow Along
Chapter Nine: Set Up
Chapter Ten: Fight or Flight
Chapter Eleven: Another Day
Chapter Twelve: Night Terrors
Chapter Thirteen: Travelers Town
Chapter Fourteen: Hidden Secrets
Chapter Fifteen: Drifting Away
Chapter Sixteen: Fresh Look
Chapter Seventeen: Harsh Awakenings
Chapter Eighteen: Sweet Reunion
Chapter Nineteen: Goodnight Kiss
Chapter Twenty: Choosing Sides
Chapter Twenty-One: The Arrow
Chapter Twenty-Two: Royal Blood
Chapter Twenty-Three: Holding On
Part 2 Chapter Twenty-Four: The Husband
Chapter Twenty-Five: Royal Duties
Chapter Twenty-Six: Search Hard
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Scream
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Dark One
Chapter Twenty-Nine: First Lesson
Chapter Thirty: Fitting Right
Chapter Thirty-One: The Fight
Chapter Thirty-Two: Major Setbacks
Chapter Thirty-Three: Grieving
Chapter Thirty-Four: Evil Queen
Chapter Thirty-Five: Found Out
Chapter Thirty-Six: Rise Up
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Commanding Troops
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Waging War
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Kill
Chapter Fourty: Your Majesty
Chapter Fourty-One: Man Hunt
Chapter Fourty-Two: Broken Repair
Chapter Fourty-Three: The Dungeons
Chapter Fourty-Four: My Queen
Chapter Fourty-Five: Finding Peace
Chapter Fourty-Six: Balancing Love
Chapter Fourty-Seven: True Colors
Chapter Fourty-Nine: His Choice
Chapter Fifty: Four Weeks
Chapter Fifty-One: Magic Baby
Chapter Fifty-Two: Growing Near
Chapter Fifty-Three: Too Good
Chapter Fifty-Four: His choice
Chapter Fifty-Five: Farewell Bidding
Chapter Fifty-Six: Miss You
Chapter Fifty-Seven: One Night
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Days Past
Epilogue

Chapter Fourty-Eight: True Love

1.3K 56 5
By Ouatobsessed

The words Regina had been repeating for almost a year now rung in her ears, but it was Robin's voice she heard. "I love you, Regina Annalise Mills. I love your smile, your heart, your bravery and even your stubbornness." His nose crinkled in a smile, his eyes bright in the dark night.

A laughter bubbled from Regina's belly into her mouth, projecting out before she could clamp her hand over her lips. Smiling wide, Regina felt the weight on her shoulders melt away if only for a moment. The uncertainty of their relationship slipped away, these words a beacon of light from within the dark. Robin watched her carefully, a toothy grin plastered on his face. "I am utterly and forever in love with you, Robin of-"

"Your Highness?" Graham called, his footsteps mashing into the dew covered grass. Running a hand over her forehead in frustration, Regina looked up to acknowledge her Commander in Chief. Oblivious to the romantic moment he had just ruined, Graham continued to speak. "With recent events taking place within the castle, I think we should have a military meeting in the morning. A plan to get us on our feet for the inevitable war at hand. A plan for your future."

Robin pulled Regina closer to his chest, his body tensing. "Inevitable War?" The trees rustled in the wind.

"Yes. With the death of... Sir Leopold... the Grasslands are very upset." Graham's words caused Regina to freeze.

This was all her fault. If she had kept her cool , none of this would have happened. Her family would be safe. Hell, her kingdom would be safe.

"Yes of course." Robin nodded. "As of right now, I'll escort Regina back to her chambers for a good nights rest before the day tomorrow." Graham bowed before returning to his men and the new hostages they would take as prisoners.

Robin looked down on the woman he loved, cupping her cheeks in an effort to draw her attention towards him. "I know what you're thinking." Robin whispered. "This is not your fault. Anyone in your position would have done what you did in order to save their family. You acted with bravery. I am forever grateful for you and for what you did for me. For us. Whatever happens next we will do together, alright? I will stand by you no matter what happens and so will Zelena and the rest of those you love."

Before Regan could finish, Robin took her into his arms, planting a light kiss on the corner of her lips. His warmth protected her from the night air that threatened to freeze her alive. Regina's arms wrapped around his neck almost greedily, her fingers toying with his hair.

"Thank you for saving my son." Robin's eyes darkened, his smile faltering at the new serious tone.

"I'd do anything for him." Regina replied as she gazed purposefully into Robins eyes.

A cool breeze rustled the trees above them, bringing Regina to take in her surroundings again. Graham had advanced back towards the dungeons with his new prisoners, the rest of the Royal guard still on watch. The candle from Regina's balcony burned from a distance, the soft glow reminding her of what was up there still. "We should probably get back to him, the poor child." Regina pulled away from the warmth and surety Robin offered.

"We should." He whispered, taking her hand in his. "I'll accompany you."

The grass tickled Regina's bare feet as she walked towards the castle door leading to the west stairwell. It would have been easier to transport herself magically, but knew where her limits were. It was hard enough to digest the fact that your loved one was a witch but it was even harder to get used to the constant use of magic that made them stand out from the others.

Robin pulled her into the shadows of the tower,  Regina's exposed back against the cool stone. Bright eyes neared her face, Robin's lips distracting her from the endless stairwell of darkness. His body met hers in a quick moment of passion before Robin melted back into the shadows. Regina instinctively reached out for him as she squinted in the surrounding blackness. And just as quickly as he'd come to her, he was gone, fumbling to climb up to her chambers. Teasing her for what could be in another world.

"Will you summon a bit of light for me, m'lady?" Scrambling to collect her thoughts, Regina held her palm up to the ceiling and watched as a flame danced on her skin, illuminating the air around her. But it wasn't enough. Three stairs above her stood the shadow of a man who loved her. But she couldn't see his face.

Regina threw her hand above her head and demanded light from all corners within the stairwell. Torches that lined each level flared with newfound fire, bowing to her will.

The walk back to her chambers was silent except for the heavy footfall that echoed the halls. Robin held Regina's hand, squeezing it before reaching for her chamber doors.

Surprised at the waiting room entrance, Robin stood back as Regina entered. A small throne sat opposite to two chairs, a table separating the seats from each other. Shelves of books lined two opposing walls, a dark doorway looming in the corner.

"This way." Regina beckons, disappearing into the darkness. Pages cluttered a vanity to the left, a single candle flickering from a bedside table. In this light, it seemed like Regina had returned to that frightened young woman he had first fallen in love with. Her long black hair was braided loosely, hitting the silk nightgown as she walked. Her frame seemed smaller, not as powerful. It seemed as if he had lost track of time with her. That recently they weren't partners or companions, but merely visitors in the others life.

That would change, Robin decided.

Sitting atop the canopied bed was Roland, clutching one of many throw pillows. Last time Robin had been on that bed was only a few hours earlier but it felt like a lifetime.

"Papa."

"My boy." Robin grinned, opening his arms wide as he scooped the small child into his chest. "Are you tired, my boy?" Robin asked, his eyes flicking up to meet Regina's as she closed the balcony doors.

"He can sleep in the bed." Regina offered, noticing the reluctant look on Roland's face as he left the comfort of her covers.

Robin frowned, shaking his head. "I wouldn't want to impose that on you." His eyes followed her as she moved frantically around the large room. "Regina?" Robin set Roland back on the white comforter, reaching out for her slender hand. "Would you like me to stay?" Dark eyes stared up at him, big and brown like a baby doe. He could tell she was nervous about something.

"No." Her answer was short. "No. Get your rest. I'm fine." Noticing her reply hadn't moved Robin away, Regina squeezed his hand. "I'm fine. It was just a little scare. Now go. You must be exhausted."

***

Regina couldn't tell if it was early in the morning or later that night when she first heard the noise. It pulled her from her sleep, echoing off the stone walls around her. Her room was dark, save for the night sky that was visible through a thin curtain.

Resisting the urge to slip her feet back into the warmth of her bed, Regina stood on the cold floor, squinting to find where the sound was coming from. It was muffled, Regina noted, meaning that it had to be coming from behind a closed door or under-

Regina's foot caught on something large, sending her head over heels onto the floor. Sheets ruffle as she stifles a groan, her hands flying to her head.

"Regina?" Robins voice is husky from sleep. In the dark, Regina strains to see him, jumping as his hand comes to cover her arm.

"What are you doing?" Her hushed whisper sends warm air tickling down her exposed leg. "Why are you on the hard floor?" Regina pushes herself to her knees, crawling in the direction in which she hoped Robin was.

"I wanted to make sure you were safe." Regina's fingers glide over a few stacked blankets before colliding with Robin's bare chest.

Heat automatically flushes Regina's cheeks and she becomes grateful for the darkness that masks her face. "It's so uncomfortable down here." Regina whispered, knowing Roland had to be close by sound asleep. "You could've just slept in the bed."

"No." Robin took Regina's hand in his own, bringing it to his lips. Regina smiled at the familiar tickle from Robin's unkempt scruff, crossing her legs. "I would never impose like that."

"You're not imposing if I'm offering." Regina pulled her hand away, searching to find Roland's body. "At least let me take Roland." Her hands brushed over the unruly hair that belonged to the child who had stolen her heart. Although he slept peacefully on the makeshift palate, Regina knew it couldn't be comfortable.

"Regina-"

"Just for tonight." She protested. "Please join me? You can't possibly be comfortable." With no response, Regina gently scooped Roland into her arms, grunting at how heavy he was when he slept. Padding back to her bed, Regina set the small boy down before returning to where Robin lay.

Lowering herself to the floor, Regina laid on her side, wincing as she tried to get comfortable. "What on earth are you doing now?" Robin's breath kissed her nose and cheeks as he spoke in hushed tones.

"If you won't lay in bed and get some rest, I will lay with you." Regina yawned, unable to mask the exhaustion that weighed her down.

"Regina-"

"I won't let you spend a whole night sleepless. You need some rest." Regina watched as Robin's shadowed figure moved to sit up, his hand reaching out to caress her smooth cheek.

"You're so stubborn." Robin's face neared her own as he stole a single kiss before helping the young queen up from the floor. "Let me do one last round." The thief's hands slid from Regina's wrists to her waist, the silk fabric bunching under his palms.

"One last round." Regina echoed, slipping away from her suitor's grasp. "And then you'll sleep."

"You have my word, m'lady." Robin stood still, watching as Regina crawled back into her bed before moving to light the lantern that sat by the edge of her desk.

Regina's eyes watered with exhaustion as her head rested once more on her pillow, arms wrapped tightly around the snuggle bug that had found his way against Regina's ribs. She planted a soft kiss on his soft cheek, watching as his chest moved under the covers. Her chocolate eyes followed the dim light of Robin's lantern as he padded out to the balcony and into the receiving rooms. A soft smile imbedded itself on Regina's lips as she thought about the man who loved her so terribly that he'd sleep on a stone floor for her.

Regina's busy mind slowly ebbed away until sleep has muted the thoughts in her head. No longer could she worry about where Robin was or when he'd come back to sleep.

Authors note: hello readers! It sure has been a while since I've written directly to you. So, as this story will come to an end, a new one will arise. I've been playing with some ideas in y head but I'd really like to hear what you want to read about! I've ventured off into an original piece but I don't think I'll be publishing that here so please let me know what kind of fanfic you'd like to have or any ideas for a plot!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 143 11
THIS FIC CONTAINS SPOILERS DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ALL 4 SEASONS OF OUAT Set at the time Robin Hood leaves Regina and Storybrooke with Maria...
62.2K 1.9K 17
After eight years of not seeing her past lover, Emma is asked a favor by Regina. The woman wants her to pretend to be her wife for a week and Emma ag...
63.2K 2.6K 24
There he is. My true love, my soul mate, the one person I had trusted and allowed to enter the walls that I have built up to keep me from a heart bre...
56.1K 1K 20
Taken from your true home you end up in the Enchanted Forest, living with the Evil Queen. During the dark curse you found Henry, your step brother. T...