The Last Imperial

By wildfox3139

The Imperials has existed since the dawn of time. They were followed by many others yet as the very first cre... More

Chapter One: Wake Up Call
Chapter Two: First Day
Chapter Three: Introduction
NOTES: Not an actual chapter. Just information you might need to know
Chapter Four: Lunch Time
Chapter Five: You Will Only Be Warned Once
Chapter Six: Lost Child Alpha
Chapter Seven: Passing of a Storm
Chapter Eight: Night Time Visit
Chapter Nine: Soon to Come
Chapter Ten: The Day Before Truth
Chapter Eleven: Story Time

Prologue

903 16 5
By wildfox3139

 Imperial Palace's Garden of Roses

Wandering around the vast garden, a memento of my brothers and sisters, I felt a tug on my mind. Knowing that something is calling me, I let my soul free from my physical body. As I was pulled away from the physical world, I heard shouts. The last thing I saw was guards and servants rushing towards me.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

[Jayden's POV]

She had grown up so beautifully. The little girl we left behind is now a woman, tall, graceful, and radiates power and strength. Thick black waves flowed down her back, making her creamy skin appears even whiter. Her full red lips were parted in sleep, her long lashes casting deep shadows. As she sleeps she seems so delicate and fragile. I sighed as I caressed her cheek.

Our little sister and treasured by all immortals,

Angelique.

"She has grown up so much"

I looked up to find myself surrounded. My brothers and sisters crowded around me, eager to see our little sister.

“Of course, sister", I replied, for it was Aine who had spoken. “A long time has passed since we left"

I can still recall the day we left. Her little tear stained face still haunts me. Despite the pain she felt she let us go. We love her even more for that. The fact that she loved us, enough to set us free and picking up our burden that held us back for eons.

"Brother..."

I looked into Evelyn's clear blue eyes.

"Brother, why is she not waking up?"

I smiled reassuringly at her.

"Do not worry. She is just not use to traveling to the land of the dead and is tired from the journey"

"She is waking up, brother", said Gabriel.

I felt her shifted in my arms and watched as her eyes fluttered open. Instantly I was captured by them. Her eyes were like amethyst, clear and bright, with a golden halo around her pupils. The edges deepened to a royal blue, lined by a thin gold band with gold flecks throughout.

She smiled and slowly sat up. Reluctantly, I let her, only to be engulfed by slender arms in a warm hug.

"It has been a long time, dear brother"

I looked at her, tears trailed down her cheeks, leaving silvery tracks and glistening in the light. Her eyes were full of happiness, but underneath there was pain. I kissed her cheeks as I wiped away the tears.

"Yes, my beloved Angelique"

I held her closer, only to have her pulled out of my arms. I scowled at my brothers and sisters as Angelique was passed around. Tears of joy flowed down my sisters' cheeks and my brothers glowed with love, as they hug her. Angelique laughed and we all smiled, listening to her voice. Finally I walked to where she was surrounded by Gabriel, Evelyn, Michael, Natalia, Elijah, and my twin Adina. My brothers and sisters quieted down, knowing what was going to happen. Angelique turned around and upon seeing my approach, her eyes turned solemn as she faced me and waited.

"Jayden"

Her voice was smooth and sweet, but lacking the warmth from when she first greeted me.

"Angelique, I know that we have not seen each other in a long time, but we need your help"

I watched her as I talk and her face was smooth, void of emotions. When I paused, she only uttered one word as her eyes hardened.

"Humans"

"Yes, something is happening on Earth and is disturbing the balance of nature. The spirits and souls are restless"

"What does that have to do with me?", she snapped.

I flinched at her tone. She ignored me as she continued.

"That world is the reason I lost you and now you expect me to help with their problems?"

Her eyes flashing in anger as she got louder.

"Angelique", Adina whispered, shocked.

Angelique whirled around to face her.

"Do not start with me, sister. You all had  a choice. It was either me or them and you chose them over your own sister. I had to carry on the burden of ruling Pairidaeza alone, all because you wanted to be mortal and live with humans. And now you want me to help them?!"

She laughed but it was a bitter sound. We all flinched and stepped back.

"But you are the most powerful out of all of us", Natalia said as she took a step towards Angelique.

I watched Angelique as her eyes shone with tears. As she looked around, the wall she had built around her heart crumbled. She slowly collapsed on the ground, sobbing.

"Power....you think power means anything to me?"

She didn't wait for a reply. She continued.

"Power doesn't mean anything when you have been alone for over 2,000 years", she screamed, glaring at each of our shocked faces.

I looked at my brothers an sisters and knew we were all thinking the same thing. Angelique is no longer the bright and carefree little girl we knew. We abandoned her when we left and that broke her heart.

"Angie..."

We all turned as Nathaniel stepped forward.

The second youngest out of all us, but still older then Angelique by 5,000 years, Nathaniel had always been her favorite. With his golden blond hair and sapphire eyes, he was like the human portrayal of angels. He was extremely protective of Angelique and the only one she trusted to have free access to her thoughts.

When she saw him, her expression softened. She grasped his hands as he kneeled down next to her. With a tender smile, filled with love, Nathaniel gathered her into his arms and stood up. He looked at us and we stepped back to make room. Angelique wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face in his chest. He looked at me and I nodded, knowing that he would understand. As he walked away, I beckoned at the others to leave them alone. Watching them move away, I could only pray that Angelique finds it in her heart to forgive us and to help the world we had come to love.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

[Nathaniel's POV]

I carried her away from my brothers and sisters, cursing them for upsetting her. My dear little sister, how she became broken can only be blamed on me. I was the only one she truly trusted with her soul and I betrayed her when I turned my back on her and chose to live as a mortal. After my death, I had watched over her, helpless as she was swallowed by pain and sadness. Overtime she began to gradually open up to her people, but her heart never fully healed.

‘En En’

I looked at her, smiling at her nick name for me. Only she can call me that, like how only I am allowed to call her Angie.

‘Yes, little Angie?’

I kiss the tip of her nose. She giggled as she snuggled closer, giving me puppy dog eyes.

Are you angry with me?’

I was shocked. She thought I would be mad at her when she was the one who has every right to be mad at me. Her lips wobbled a bit as she waited for my reply. I sighed.

‘No, I am not. I’m shocked but I could never be mad at you’

I hugged her closer to me as she let out the breath that she had been holding and smiled at me, relieved. As she smile, the sun shined brighter as a gentle breeze danced around us.I placed her under a willow tree and sat down next to her. She closed her eyes and leaned against my shoulder. We sat there in silence, enjoying the peace. I knew that she shouldn’t stay in the spirit world for too long, so I started to talk. I hate to hurt her but she is the only one who can help them.

“Angie, I know how much pain we caused you when we left, but you should not blame the humans for our decision. It is not their fault for the choices we made”

She sat up and was listening quietly. She looked thoughtful a I knew that she was thinking about what I said. Finally, she replied.

“I know that it was not their fault”, she whispered.

“But every day, no matter if I’m surrounded by people, I feel alone and needed to blame someone”

I wrapped my arms around her as she clung to me. We sat there in silence until she pulled away.

“You really do care about the humans. Enough to ask for my help”

“Yes, I do”

“Then I will do it. I will go to Earth and try my best to help them. Only because you love them”

I laughed in relief, for only she could help them. Standing, I pulled her up with me and twirled her around. She laughed as we twirled around and around. Soon our brothers and sisters joined us, quietly watching from a distance. Angelique stopped and walked towards them.

“My brothers and my sisters, I have made up my mind. I will go to Earth and do my best to help them  as long as you all promise to move on. To move on so that one day we will meet again in your new life”

Tears began to run down my brothers’ and sisters’ face, and they all rushed towards her.

At last, as the sun began to set, she broke away from them. She walked over to me and grabbed my hands. Looking into my eyes, she spoke.

“Farewell my brother. May the spirits bless you and may fate lead us together again”

I nodded and replied.

“And farewell to you, my beloved Angie. May the spirits protect you and I will wait for the day when we are together again”

She began to glow as she looked at all of us. Her eyes were shining with emotions as she smiled.

“Farewell, my beloved brothers and sisters. I look forward to the day when we will meet again”

With those words, there was a flash of white light and our angel was gone.

_____________________________________________________________________________

SOOOO....

How was it? Good? Bad?

Good enough to continue?

Sorry that I only posted the prologue. Chapter one is done but I need to type it before I upload, so hopefully in a week or so. Please read and comments. I would also love to hear about any ideas for the cover, cast, and names for more characters.

Peace my friends <^o^>

xoxoRampage104xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

836K 21.4K 41
While moonlighting as a stripper, Emery Jones' mundane life takes a twisted and seductive turn when she finds herself relentlessly pursued by reclusi...
1.6M 106K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
900K 77.2K 131
This is the continuation of short story collection 'Love me thoda aur '.
325K 12.3K 82
"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to live Hael was shocked, "Are you abandon...