Sirens in Seattle

By Forever_young325

When pre-med student Mia gets pulled over on her way to school, she doesn't think that the rude Officer Phoen... More

{Chapter 1}
{chapter 2}
{chapter 3}
{chapter 4}
{chapter 5}
{chapter 6}
{chapter 7}
{chapter 8}
{chapter 9}
{chapter 10}
{chapter 11}
{chapter 12}
{chapter 13}
{chapter 14}
{chapter 15}
{chapter 16}
{chapter 17}
{chapter 18}
{chapter 20}
{Chapter 21}
{chapter 22}
{chapter 23}
{chapter 24}
{chapter 25}
{chapter 26}
{chapter 27}
{chapter 28}
{chapter 29}
{Chapter 30}
{chapter 31}
{chapter 32}
{chapter 33}
{chapter 34} Christmas love
{chapter 35}
chapter 36
{chapter 37}
{chapter 38}
{chapter 39}
chapter 40
{chapter 41}
Epilogue
New Story Posted

{chapter 19}

43K 1.1K 99
By Forever_young325

"Come on , you can lean on me I got you." I told Phoenix as I helped him into our apartment after finally being able to come home late at night.

"I don't want to crush you." He said, his voice still raspy. He was wearing a soft cotton v neck and gray Nike sweats that on other occasions made me drool.

To be honest the damage on Phoenix was bad. The bruise on his jaw was still deep purple as were his ribs.

It made me sick, to think of how much pain he must of been in, but I focused on the now. He's ok now.

But a little voice in the back of my head changed it to for now.

He plopped down in our bed and let out a groan of relief. I slowly laid next to him after setting our bags on the floor, and ran my hands through his hair while he faced me.

"Never scare me like that again." I growled at him after a moment of silence.

"I'll try." He began. "I'm sorry what my dad said or did to you. Nick told me."

I shook my head at him tucked the blanket around us.

"Go to bed. I love you." I told him back and pressing my lips to his and letting them linger."Just worry about yourself getting better, someone around here has to do the heavy lifting."

It hurt his father was cold to me, but I knew I was a good person and I kept up hope he would come around, unlike my father who was hopeless, so I pretended it didn't phase me.

I felt the electricity flow through us and I felt amazing. Warmth spread through my body , giving me the chills at the same time. It was a strange feeling but it was utterly bliss.

Before long I heard his breathing deepen and even out letting me know he was asleep.

I sighed and closed my eyes comfortably letting my body relax and all of my worries flow away.
---
My eyes fluttered open when I heard rustling in our closet.

I groaned and tried to fall back asleep but I continued to hear it making me finally sit up groggily.

I chill swept through my body since it was still really early I wasn't sleeping in much, just a soft white v neck tee and my Victoria Secrets sleep shorts.

"Phoenix ?" I whisper yelled when I realized he wasn't beside me.

The rustling continued and Phoenix did not answer me, making my heart rate pick up incredibly.

I slowly stood up and grabbed the tall lap , (almost falling and breaking my back because I tried to take the lamp with me even though it was still plugged into the wall) that was besides our bed and as quietly as possible made my way over to the closet.

I decided to put my Criminal Minds and Law & Order skills to use and try to get the jump on whoever was in my closet.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath  with my heart pounding loudly in my ears before sliding the closet door open and getting a firmer grip on my lamp ready to swing it wildly.

I definitely wouldn't go down without a fight.

The door opened and I screamed seeing a dark tall figure but the figure screamed back.

I flicked on the lights to see only Phoenix.

"Holy shit. You almost gave me a heart attack!" I yelled at him both surprised and relieved.

"Likewise, and what were you going to do lamp me to death?" He chuckled at me, slightly grabbing at his hurt torso and  rolling his eyes. "You seriously need a self defense class."

"What are you doing? It's early." I groaned while setting my lamp to the side and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Work." He said simply as he wrapped his ribs with the special tape the doctors gave him , to keep his ribcage steady.

"What?" I asked him furrowing my eyebrows and trying to make sure I heard him correctly.

"Yeah, there's still men needed to make sure the riots stay not riots." He explained while putting his pants on and wincing a tiny bit. His breathing was slightly picking up as he wrapped himself tighter.

"You litteraly just got home late last night, you shouldn't be going back already." I told him him utterly confused.

He ignored me while putting his undershirt on, then his uniform top.

"Phoenix." I said again when he didn't reply feeling a little bit of anger rising.

"Yes Mia?" He asked ignoring my statement about going to work.

A light draft went through the house again and I shivered. "Your cold, go back to bed and I'll see you after work." He told me walking past me and pressing his lips to my forehead, then making his way to our kitchen area where i followed him.

"Phoenix you can't go back already!" I told him loudly making him turn to look at me in surprise.

"And whys that?" He asked a smirk playing on his lips while he poured himself some coffee and blowing on it, not adding any sugars since he likes his coffee black.

"It's not funny." I growled at him. "Why are you trying to go back to work so soon?" I asked harshly.

I couldn't help my anger. One of the people I currently cared most about just got seriously injured , and he was trying to go back to it without resting him or myself.

"Because Mia, they need me." He tried to explain half interested sipping on his coffee but I shook my head.

I for sure didn't like how he was acting like a small child who was asked too many questions and was often dismissed. I wanted to simply talk about his urgency to get back to work and how I disagreed with it when he was obviously in pain.

"Don't pull that bullshit with me. You are hurt. Why are you so eager to leave, and you weren't even going to tell me!" I said my voice raising considerably. "Is there someone els or something?" I snapped with the words falling out of my mouth before I thought about them.

I honestly knew he wasn't cheating or anything, but I felt myself getting mad and wanting some sort of reaction out of him.

The classic word vomit that comes out when when your angry.

"Don't you dare ever call me a cheater because I'm not and I would never do that to you or any other girl." He seethed back sharply and slamming his coffee back on the counter making it splash out a little bit.

"Then why are you so eager to get back?!" I was officially yelling.

"Why am I going back?" He repeated "It's my job. Some of us have work, and mine just happens to be a little bit more dangerous and if that bothers you so much maybe you should leave!" He shouted back at me.

"Fuck you!" I screamed at him. "I just wanted you safe!"

I swiftly turned around before he could see the huge fat ugly salty tears falling down my face.

I stormed to our room and slammed the door as hard as I could just to make my point across.

I flopped back onto our bed and got under the covers where my crying continued. All I wanted was for Phoenix to be safe and this all happens.

I half expected him to come check on me, but all I got was the slam of the front door.

--------
Comment!!!
Vote!!!
Share!!!
Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 1.7K 86
Requests are currently closed! Cover created by @nonconsenual !
148 42 19
Since her teenage days Mia has always felt like she was somewhere she didn't belong, once she did meet someone who she thought was the one; but inste...
11.7M 517K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...
67.9K 2.7K 51
Damian 'Mia' Faye decided to live based on other people's assumptions: she jumps from one man to another and spend her youth partying, until she cros...