It's Complicated...

By esoteric918

Growing up isn't easy. Growing up (human) in a house full of werewolves makes it even harder. Casey's parents... More

It's Complicated...
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18: The Final Chapter

Chapter 7

105K 1.6K 62
By esoteric918

My alarm clock didn't go off. When I noticed, I was already late.

"Shit!"

I quickly hopped off my bed and ran to my bathroom, turning on the water. Then ran out to my room and got out my makeup and the clothes I planned on wearing. I saw the steam from the shower leaving the bathroom.

I then walked into my bathroom, stripping on the way. A wave of steam hit me as I opened the shower curtain.

"Hot.hot.hot." I muttered to myself getting into the shower. Once out I quickly put on my makeup and got dressed. I wrapped my unhurt ankle, then grabbed some flats and rang downstairs.

"Conner!" I yelled. I put on lip gloss while he came to me.

"What are you still doing here?"

"I woke up late."

He reached into his pocket and threw me his car keys. I was at school in 5 minutes. Today was a much better day. I didn't fall, trip, sprain my ankle or anything. I didn't even have to limp. Becky believed that Conner had gotten the swelling down. We even found a table to sit at during lunch.

"So what about Jason's party?"

I nodded. "I'll probably end up going with Grayson's group." She gave me a weird look. "We live right next to each other. We're stuck knowing each other."

"Should I come over?" I shrugged. "I'll be there at like 9 and we can get ready."

I nodded, not really caring.

"Maybe Jason will ask you out!"

I shook my head, "I don't want to think about guys right now. I just want to forget."

Jessica sat down next to me, her other friend by Becky. I just looked at her, then looked back at Becky.

"I just thought you would want to know, that Grayson just asked me to go with him to Jason's party." I shrugged my shoulders. "Come on. I know it stings. You've been replaced with me."

I laughed. "You really are a crazy bitch."

She glared at me, "You're just mad."

I shook my head, "If he wants a skank like you, then I guess he got just what he wanted."

"No, he likes me because I'm 50x hotter then you will ever be. I ooze self-esteem. You're nothing than a follower. Without Grayson you are nobody."

I got up and threw my stuff in the garbage. I couldn't kill her here. Too many witnesses. Becky ran to catch up with me.

"For a sprained ankle, you sure take off fast."

"I can't stand that bitch."

Becky nodded, "She's horrible."

I scratched the back of my neck, "What if she's right?" Becky quickly shook her head. "What if I'm nothing without him?"

"Casey. You don't need Grayson to feel like you're worth something. You have your brother. You have me. And maybe you'll have Jason. She's just trying to piss you off because you pissed her off."

"I need a walk."

Becky nodded, "I'll keep you company."

I shook my head, "I need a walk, alone."

Becky nodded, "Alright." She sounded hurt. I started walking away. "See you in P.E."

I sighed and walked to the football field. It's always empty during lunch. I sat on the bleachers and stared at the cars on the highway. I played with my curls.

Did everyone really think that I was exactly what Jessica thought? Grayson had been the stand-in guy in my life. Without him, no one had to like me to make Grayson like them. I was at the bottom of the social food chain. Whatever Jessica said about me was going to be what everyone thought of me.

If she said I had sex with anyone, I would probably have a line of horny bastards following me around. I didn't mind the attention I received when people looked at me with Grayson. I like the jealous stares I used to get when Grayson kissed me. I looked down at my feet. I felt like a horrible person. I wanted the attention back. I used Grayson to get my fix on attention. I've never used anyone to get what I wanted. People had always used me.

I got one of the tissues from my purse and wiped my eyes free from tears. The tardy bells started to ring. I made my way to the lockers.

The teacher called me to her office, "How's your ankle?"

I shrugged, "Better than it was yesterday."

"We're running 3 miles today." I winced. "I want you to walk until everyone finishes. I don't want you to hurt your ankle any farther." I nodded.

"Do I even need to change then?"

She shook her head, "No. Just leave your bag in here. You're not going to be doing anything other than walking today."

I put my bag down then walked out to the basketball court where attendance is taken. I sat down on the ground and made sure no one would be able to see up my skirt. Brian sat down behind me and pulled me onto his lap.

"You okay Casey?"

I shrugged, "I want this week to be over."

He nodded and hugged me. "You heard about Jessica, right?"

"She came and bragged to my face."

He shook his head, disgusted, "I don't know what he sees in her."

I put my head on his shoulder, "I don't want to talk about it."

He nodded then said "Sorry." He looked towards the lockers. "I've gotta get to my class. Teacher's coming."

I nodded. He helped me to my feet by pushing me up. I looked over. Grayson was coming right behind the teacher. Grayson was glaring at Brian. At least I knew why Brian didn't come talk to me at all anymore. Grayson told him not to. I leaned against a basketball pole instead of sitting down again.

"Are you practicing for your future career in stripping with that pole?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose. Why did she always have to make an appearance? She skipped over to Grayson. His face still looked pissed off. He didn't smile anymore. He's just always a jerk to everyone around him now. His true personality showed to the world, and they all loved him even more.

He permitted her a kiss then told her to go back to her class. When they were all running, I walked the outside track. The boys were all finished in 27 minutes. It wasn’t their best time, it wasn’t even in their good range. They all continued walking, except Brian. He caught up with me before starting to walk.

"You've got this easy."

I stuck my tongue out at him. "My ankle." I pointed down to it. "It hurts so bad."

He laughed, "You're such a dirty liar."

I shrugged, "I don't mind getting out of the 3 mile run."

He yawned and nodded.

"So is Grayson pissed off with you or something?"

He nodded, looking over his shoulder. "I figure he's going to bitch me out when we get home, so I mind as well deserve it."

I sighed, "I don't want you to get in trouble with him. You're going to have to listen to him someday."

He nodded. "So are you."

I sighed and looked down. "Are you guys going to go to Jason's tonight?"

Brian shrugged, "Grayson showed some interest. But I don't know if I'm going to go."

I nodded, "Becky's going crazy over the party. She's planning to go, so I guess that's that I'll be doing."

Brian walked home with me. When we got home I felt like swimming. I put on my bikini and grabbed a towel before running down the stairs. I dived into the pool after dropping the towel on the concrete. I swam laps for the good part of an hour before I heard another girl.

I stopped and looked into the house. I couldn't see inside. It wasn't that dark out yet. I just started swimming again. I stopped when a beach ball hit my head. Brian stood there smiling.

"Start getting ready. Knowing you, we'll still be waiting on you to leave."

"What time is it?"

He pulled out his new watch, making sure I saw it. He was very proud of his new Rolex. "It is, according to my godly watch, 6:17 and 35 seconds."

I smiled and let him pull me out of the pool with ease. I wrapped my towel around my shaking body and rang out the excess water from my hair. After drying off my feet and legs, I scurried to my bathroom. I took a nice long shower. The clock flashed 7 when I stepped out of the steamy shower. I had about 2 hours before Becky came.

I put on some spandex shorts and a sports bra and walked back into the bathroom. The hair process took an hour. After blow drying it, I curled it. Becky came in the bathroom without knocking.

"You're barely finishing your hair?"

I shrugged, "it takes a long time for me to become pretty."

She shook her head, "I've been ready for an hour. You're just going overboard."

I rolled my eyes and continued putting on the powdery makeup. Conner's girlfriend works for some makeup distributing company, so I have boxes of makeup under my sink.

Anyone have any ideas on a cast? I can't imaging putting actors/models to my characters, so help would be appreciated!

Let me know your ideas!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4 4 8
Two kids, different in almost every way. But with the same soul purpose in life both unaware of their strengths and weaknesses as the creature takes...
137K 1.9K 18
Adrian is like any other teenager growing into an adult, reckless. She has just returned to Mystic Falls to rekindle her relationships with her famil...
247K 6.7K 53
some things, is best not to be explained. My very first story.
267 0 24
In New Orleans lived a baby girl. Unique in every way. When that little girl grew up she met two boys and they became friends. Having the baby girl...