Girl Meets Collection of Stor...

By bmwmeetsgmw

A collection of Girl Meets World Stories and the lives of Riley and Maya. More

Amy's Boy
Maya's Boy
Marry Me
I Do
His Moment
Jealous
Beginnings
Second Date
Full Circle
Basketball
Prom Date
One Dance
Eighteen
Graduation
Fireworks
Paris
Reunion
Feel Better
A Promise
Fighting
Texas
Pregnant
Distance
Perfect Gift
Costumes
Weekend
Mistletoe
Midnight
Goodbye
Be Mine
Baby Hunter
Best Friend
The Dress
Rehearsal
Wedding
Married
Amy's Gift
Family
Late
Cravings
Maternity
Daughters
Moving

Winner

1.1K 35 8
By bmwmeetsgmw

The Matthews' Philadelphia home was full of members of Josh and Maya's families. In addition to relatives, Farkle and Smackle came together, as did Zay and Vanessa. Lucas sat with both couples behind his father-in-law. Even Ava came along as Auggie's girlfriend. The two sides were so connected there were no assigned sections for the guests. Shawn was practically a son to Amy and Alan and a brother to Josh and Maya was his step-daughter.

The room was buzzing with the chatter of the guests, until the music started playing. Everyone watched as Auggie walked in Topanga before taking his place in the front. Josh followed in with Amy. As the key changed in the song, Riley appeared at the top of the stairs. She glided down in her cerulean strapless dress, her eyes on Lucas as everyone watched her make her way to where Josh and Auggie waited.

Everyone stood and faced the top of the stairs as Maya walked to the top step, pausing as her eyes met Josh. The biggest smile formed on both of their faces as she made her way to the bottom step. There Shawn waited for her. He offered his arm to Maya as they made their way to Josh, tears beginning to form for all three.

When Shawn and Maya reached Josh, Shawn kissed her cheek before giving her hand literally to Josh, beaming proudly. Maya laced her fingers with Josh, their eye locked on each other as Maya handed her bouquet to Riley.

"Hi Gorgeous," Josh whispered, making Maya giggle before the minister began to speak, to which Maya breathed, "Hey Handsome." Their joy in the moment was contagious as the whole room was filled with smiles.

"We are gathered here today," the minister began traditionally, "for the wedding of Joshua Gabriel Matthews and Maya Penelope Hart." He went on with the formalities before getting to the wedding vows that Josh and Maya had written themselves, "Josh, you may go first."

"Maya Penelope Hart," Josh began with the biggest smile on his face, taking a deep breath, "It's been a long game, nearly ten years, to get to this point with you. But it was worth every minute, because being with you makes me feel like the biggest winner in the world. When I was living in Chicago, I was so excited for the days I would see you again and so grateful to always have you to come home to. Now we'll always be together. I can't wait to spend every day of forever with you."

"Joshua Gabriel Matthews," Maya exhaled her voice cracking a little as she fought back the emotions, "I have loved you since I was 14 and I waited for it to be the right time for us to be together. I'm so glad I did because you were always worth waiting for. I love you for all the little things you have done for me. When you danced with me for my prom and the way you held me when my father died. I loved you then and I love you still. And I will love you every day for the rest of my life."

The minister asked Auggie for the rings before leading Josh and Maya in exchanging them, "Josh as you place the ring on Maya's finger please repeat after me: I give you this ring as a reminder that I will love, honor, and cherish you in all time, in all places, and in all ways, forever."

"I give you this ring," Josh began as he took the ring from the minister and slid the silver band on her fourth finger, his voice catching in his throat, "as a reminder that I will love, honor, and cherish you...in all times...in all places...and in all ways...forever."

"I give you this ring," Maya echoed taking Josh's band and sliding it on his ring finger, tears filling her eyes, "as a reminder that I will love, honor, and cherish you...in all times...in all places...and in all ways...forever." Maya laced the fingers of both of her hands with his.

"With the power invested in my by God and the State of Pennsylvania, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Josh, you may now kiss your wife." Josh took her face in his hands before bringing her lips to his. In a moment, Maya wrapped her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss briefly, as Josh lifted her feet off the floor as everyone cheered for them.

"I present to you for the first time," the minister declared as the happy couple caught their breath, "Mr. and Mrs. Joshua Matthews!"

-

While the happy couple mingled with friends and family the living room was converted from ceremony space to a dining room for the reception. Once dinner was served it was time for Riley and Auggie to give their speeches

"Maya Hart was my best friend from the moment we met when we were seven," Riley began after she stood from her place next to Maya at the head table, her and Maya locking eyes, which were starting to get misty, "We did everything together. I never realized that one day we wouldn't be best friends anymore, and I never expected one day she would become my aunt. I remember when Josh caught her eye and from that moment she never cared about any guy but him. I didn't like the idea of her being my aunt but I knew even then that he was the one for her. I married my new best friend and I am so happy that she has married hers. I wish you all the happiness in the world, Josh and Maya, and if she makes you nuts, Josh, you call me. To Josh and Maya!"

"To Josh and Maya," the group echoed, as Riley hugged the newlyweds and took her seat. Then it was Auggie's turn so he stood up and cleared his throat, quieting everyone down so he could deliver his speech.

"Josh is my uncle and Maya has been around house for as long as I can remember," Auggie started awkwardly, as one would expect a speech from a fourteen year old to be, before he started reminiscing, "She's always been passionate about things. Even in the beginning, Josh was no exception. I remember one time when we were having a family game night and Maya was there like many family nights. I had invited Josh to stay for it and Riley invited Lucas and Farkle. I thought I had dibs on Josh because he was my uncle. Maya didn't care; she wanted him to be her partner in the game. She was so passionate about it she actually said something that at the time sounded very silly but turns out was pretty psychic. She said, 'He's my husband.' Who knew, Maya, one day you'd be right. Josh will always be my uncle, but now he's your husband too. Congratulations, Josh and Maya. Cheers!"

-

Once the speeches were over and the meal was cleared out and tables moved out the way to make room for dancing. They didn't have a DJ, just a stereo and some favorite CDs. Riley knew the perfect one to play for their first dance as husband and wife.

"This is the first song Josh and Maya ever danced to. I know because I suggested it in the first place. What could be more perfect for their first dance as husband and wife?" Riley announced before putting the CD in the stereo, selecting the song, and pressing play.

Josh and Maya made their way to the middle of the room and the music started playing. She put her arms around his around his neck as he held her close as they moved along to the familiar song, just like the first time. Josh couldn't help but sing along a little as they floated around.

And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well, me—I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

So, honey, now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way (mmm...)
I know you will still love me the same

-

As the party drew to a close, and the older Matthews' couples were retiring to bed, the younger couples remained in the living room. It was just before Josh and Maya we going to leave. They were saying their goodbyes to Farkle and Smackle, Zay and Vanessa, and especially Riley and Lucas.

Everyone was hugging as wishing the others well as they parted ways. The six, who had been friends for over a decade, had become particularly good at the goodbyes as they seemed to be doing it more and for longer periods of time.

Just before Maya and Josh were going to head out the front door, Riley pulled Maya aside. She whispered something that Riley was thankful went mostly unnoticed by the others. Maya contained her excited squeals and hugged Riley tightly, both grinning ear to ear.

When Josh and Maya were on the other side of the front door, Josh turned to Maya. "What was that about?" Josh whispered as they walked hand in hand to their decorated getaway car.

"Oh nothing," Maya teased softly, "Just that Riley's pregnant."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429K 17.6K 58
"Doctors Aren't Saving Lives,They are too busy making money" - Jeon Jungkook Accidents Happen[Taekook]
105K 2.2K 100
Dawsey is more than just a family. This story is about Dawsey, but also feautures our favorites from fire house 51. These characters belong to NBC C...
12.6K 552 24
{Nick Jonas & Demi Lovato} [Remake of "What If...", written by me] [A/N: Nick play's Shane in Camp Rock in this story] Shane is Mitchie's perfect mat...
6.1K 116 12
This is a Jeid, Hotchniss, and Morcia story. If you don't like one of the ships don't read. *Completed*