The Hunted

By KingOfDarknessGerard

Frank Iero meets a priest after being caught in a storm. But this priest turns out to be something that Frank... More

The Hunted
1. Rain, Rain, Go Away, Come Again Another Day
2. Ray Toro, Ray Toro, Put Your Wings Away
3. The Angel Against The Halfling
4. The Control Of Mikey Is Lost
5. The Healing Process
6. A Nephilim's Kiss
7. The Creatures From Beneath
8. A Nephilim's Wings
9. They're Coming With No Restraint
10. We Are The Prey, They Are The Predators
11. Motel Nephilim
13. There Is A Hell Believe Me I've Seen It
14. Family

12. The Things I'm Seeing Are Real

1.2K 73 31
By KingOfDarknessGerard

It was about a few days later, we were on the road still. But every day seemed more dangerous, like something was coming. Something was coming closer, fucking Satan was after us. One night, we all stopped at a bar. We all went inside and ordered our drinks. Mikey and Sarah were dancing together in a crowd full of people. Gerard and Ray were talking about something and I was roaming around the bar minding my own business.

I had a drink in my hand, and it was nice and cool. The condensation dripped off of it and down my fingers, it was cold. The drink made me feel pretty warm though, so I had a feeling that I was very close to getting drunk. I knew angels could get drunk, Ray was pretty hilarious when he was tipsy. I wasn’t quite sure about Nephilim though. Mikey and Sarah weren’t drinking since they both were going to drive. I wasn’t sure about Gerard, I didn’t know if he was drinking or not.

“Oi! You’re a cutie!” Said a very strange voice. I turned quickly because when it was spoken, I knew it was directed at me. There was a guy sitting in a booth, he had long stringy black hair. It was longer than Gerard’s, dirtier too. He was with a guy who had as many tattoos as I did, but doubled. He had a fringe of black hair too. I looked at them.

“Uh, excuse me?” I asked, just trying to make sure he was talking about me. The guy with the long black hair smiled and nodded.

“Yea, you know I’m talking to you.” The guy said with a grin. The other guy looked at me and smirked, he had his lip pierced, but he had snakebites, he licked his lips, I could see a lip ring. “Come ‘ere and have a seat.” The guy told me, he pat the spot in the booth beside him.

“I uh, don’t know if I should. I’m kind of here with someone.” I said, I tried not to fidget, but my hand fidgeted with my glass in my hand. The guy gave me a look of sad blue eyes and I began walking toward the booth, I didn’t really think I had much of a control over my body right then and there. And before I knew it, I slid in the seat beside him. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

“Who a-are you guys?” I asked nervously. I wasn’t really okay with this contact, but my body refused to move away. The pierced guy looked at me and drummed his hands on the table with a mischievous look.

“This ‘ere is my buddy Jepharee, you can call him Jeph.” The stringy haired guy said pointing at the pierced man. I nodded slightly, I could feel this guy’s hand tighten on my shoulder. He leaned up close to me, his lips near my ear. “And my name is Bert.” He whispered, his breath was cold, I could smell that there was no alcohol on his breath, just mint and cinnamon. I looked at him, his bright blue eyes struck me hard, made me kind of freeze up. He inhaled just a little bit and I could have sworn he was smelling me.

“I’m F-Frank.” I managed to say with only a small stutter. Bert nodded and rubbed his chin, he glanced at Jeph who was looking at me, his brown eyes seemed to turn totally white, no pupil at all. I felt Bert’s grip tighten on my shoulder even more and suddenly everything went pure white. I felt like I was floating, it wasn’t scary like falling from a gazillion feet like it had been with Gerard, this was kind of calming.

It was calming until I was slammed into a wall, there were sharp metal spikes jabbing into my back. They weren’t super big, but they were enough to break the skin and make me cry out in pain. Bert’s hands were on my shoulder and Jeph was crouched above us, I was in a weird box that was taller than the average man, spikes were on it everywhere. Jeph looked like some kind of creature, he was crouched so strangely, like a free runner on a break. Bert held me tighter, and I yelped out in pain as the spikes seemed to dig in more, maybe they were getting bigger.

“Frank.” Bert ground out. I looked at Bert whose eyes were a strange glowing white blue colour. “You thought you could hide from us now, did you?” Bert asked, he spat out a sharp laugh and I flinched. “Are you still trying to hide?” Bert asked.

“Let’s get this over with, Bert.” Jeph said in a simple annoyance. Bert laughed a little more.

“Why w-would I be hiding? Are you Satan or something?” I whimpered as the spikes seemed to grow bigger and pierced through me more. Within minutes I could have holes through me bigger than Jeph’s stretched ears.

“Satan? Hah, far from that you fucking Nephilim!” Bert snarled. I looked at him and my eyes widen.

“N-nephilim? I’m not a Nephilim.” I said quickly. Bert stopped pressing against me for a second and looked at me. Jeph was growling something angrily. “I’m human, I swear, I swear to God that I am human.” I spluttered out quickly. Bert raised an eyebrow and I think he was searching my eyes.

“But you reek of Nephilim, you must be lying.” Jeph said from above us, he growled. His pure white eyes were almost glowing like Bert’s, I realized he had wings. They were leathery like Mikey’s were, almost bat-like.

“I’m not a Nephilim, I swear.” I said again. “I’ve been traveling a lot, it’s my first time here. Maybe the places I’ve been, maybe there’s been some Nephilim there. Their scent could have rubbed off on me. Maybe from the store I got these clothes at.” I explained easily. I couldn’t tell them that I was traveling with the Nephilim or I’d be giving away their life. They’d be put in danger. Suddenly, Bert pressed up against me, his scruffy facial hair scratched at my neck as his face rested in the crook of my neck. I could hear him sniffing me, trying to get my scent cleared up.

“There’s been several of them.” Bert said, I felt his tongue go across my flesh and my stomach churned. The spikes in my back hurt as I flinched at this contact. “Find them, Jeph.” Bert said. Jeph nodded and suddenly he was gone. Bert pulled back a little and locked eyes with me. I wanted to shrink away, I could see things out of the corner of my eyes. In the strange thing I was in, in the shadows. This was dangerous.

“What are you?” I asked.

“I am a fallen angel.” Bert answered. He didn’t seem to notice the dangerous shadows.

“Please…p-please get me out of this thing. I’m in danger, the demons….the demons might get me. Please, B-bert.” I whimpered. I looked around in the strange thing and I could see their weird black shadowy portals opening up. Bert nodded and carefully pulled me out of the thing. When I looked back I could see their demonic hands reaching out for me. The container thing with the spikes was an Iron Maiden. “They’re after me…Bert, I can’t be in dark places for too long.” I told him.

“I understand. You are one with the eyes.” Bert said, he reached into the collar of my shirt and held up the chain with Gerard’s soul on it. It seemed to give off a spark, but Bert seemed unfazed. I remembered when Ray had touched it and gone flying. “But this…this soul, it is impossible.” Bert muttered.

“W-what do you mean?” I asked.  Bert shook his head.

“Are you sure that the things you are seeing are real? You’re not on any drugs, are you?” Bert asked. I shook my head. “Who’s soul is this?” Bert asked.

“I’m not sure I can say.” I whispered. “You’re after Nephilim aren’t you?” I asked. Bert smirked a little.

“Jeph and I, we are after Nephilim that is correct. But our orders are not given to us by God, or by Lucifer. I am a Fallen Angel, and Jeph is a Fallen Demon. Our orders were given to us by ourselves, we teamed up since we both had the same idea of our mission and we are carrying it through together.” Bert explained. “This is a Nephilim’s soul.” Bert stated. “It seems so familiar.” Bert muttered, he looked at the now glowing purple dagger pendant.

“How could it be familiar?” I asked. Bert then reached down the front of his shirt and pulled out a similar chain, there was that very same dagger, but there was no soul in it, there was no essence. “I’m hunting for the Nephilim who gave you this soul, for he gave me his a long time ago and he left me to die. When I died he left me there to die! I became a Fallen Angel, given another chance to live, and now I seek my revenge.” Bert told me.

“G-Gerard.” I whispered. Bert smiled and nodded, his straight teeth were menacing, and I thought Mikey and Gerard’s sharp teeth were scary. “You c-can’t have him. He’s keeping me safe.” I stuttered. Bert scoffed.

“Keeping you safe? He’s leading you to your death!” Bert snapped. I shook my head. “Is he keeping you safe from the demons? The little fucking shadow demons?” Bert asked in a mocking way. I grit my teeth.

“Satan himself is after me!” I snapped. “Gerard hasn’t just saved me, he’s helped me. He’s protected me! There hasn’t been these little shadow demons, there’s been more!” I snapped. Bert looked a little taken aback by my sudden outburst.

“Oh yea? Like what?” Bert asked. I forcefully shoved him and he stumbled backward. He seemed so surprised.

“There’s been fucking brutes, grunts, and a fucking Incubus. I won’t even go into fucking detail about that, Bert. Gerard saved my life so many times already. He’s protected me!” I shouted.

“Does he kiss you too?” Bert asked quietly. I managed to calm my breathing down. “Because…he kissed me too.” Bert mumbled.

“He told me about you, Bert. He told me that you were his lover…and I’m sorry what happened. I’m sorry that you died, but you’re here now aren’t you? You can’t kill Gerard…you can’t take him from me.” I said. “Why don’t you embrace the fact that you’ve got another life to live and just continue on?” I asked.

“Continuing on like this would be like living in purgatory, Frank. I don’t age, I don’t change at all.” Bert snapped. I sighed and reached out to grab his arm. He looked at me and frowned. “I deserve to kill him. He fucking left me!” Bert said angrily.

“Did you not find it a little odd when I told you that Lucifer was after me?” I asked.

“Maybe you were just damned to Hell? I don’t’ know.” Bert said with a shrug.

“I was born on All Hallows Eve, October Thirty-first, and I am what you majestic people call a Seer. That’s why. I have these powers that I can’t really control, and Satan wants them to kill off Heaven or something. Gerard has sworn to protect me and that’s what he’s doing. I can’t let you kill him because…because I like him, I like him a lot. And he’s keeping me safe, I’ve never really had a lot of that in life.” I explained. Bert stared at me, he looked upset.

“I’m sorry, Frank.” Bert said with a heavy sigh. I nodded and he suddenly pulled me into a hug. “I’ll take you back to the bar. I’ll call Jeph off…and maybe I could talk to Gerard?” Bert asked.

“Yes, please do that.” I answered. Bert kind of smiled into my shoulder and suddenly there was another white blinding light and soon we were back in the booth, sitting where we had been before we teleported to wherever we were. Jeph was nowhere to be seen. Bert grabbed ahold of my wrist and pulled me out of the booth. I kind of walked with him wherever his sniffing nose may have been taking us. We walked into the restroom and we heard a clatter of something and a loud thump. When we turned into the bathroom area, all of the stall doors were bent and Gerard was pinned against the wall by Jeph who was now the size of a pickup truck (tallwise) and scary. He was in his true form, his demon form.

“Frank!” Gerard called out with a choking voice as Jeph’s large clawed hand clamped over Gerard’s throat. Jeph paused and looked over his super spiky demon-like shoulder and growled.

“Release him, Jeph.” Bert ordered. Jeph did so and Gerard fell to the ground with a loud thump. He slowly got up and saw Bert, his eyes widened. Bert held my wrist tightly, enough to make it bruise. “Take a photograph, Gerard, it’ll last longer.” Bert said in a sassy tone as he walked us toward the two. Jeph seemed to slowly morph back to his human form, his white eyes on me and I felt shivers running down my spine.

“Bert…” Gerard whispered, he got to his feet and leaned against the wall, gaining his breath back quickly. Bert let go of my wrist. I stood there and watched as the two men seemed to go at each other and collide in a hug. Gerard embraced Bert in a way that was unexplainable. Bert hugged him back, tighter than I’d ever see anyone hug. “You’re here? B-but how? I s…saw you die.” Gerard said in a broken voice. Bert shuddered and he let out a small quiet cry.

“You left me there! You didn’t save me!” Bert cried. Jeph walked over to me and stood beside me. “You watched me die, you left me. You didn’t do anything!” Bert whimpered.

“I couldn’t.” Gerard whispered, he was petting Bert’s hair in a soothing way. Gerard’s face was toward us, but his eyes were closed and his eyebrows knit together. “Something was holding me back, you couldn’t see it. The gang that you were fighting, they had gotten a demon. They got a demon that held me back, their goal was to kill you and they did anything they could. They knew what I was, so they summoned a demon to fight me. You couldn’t see it because you weren’t susceptible for the eyes.” Gerard explained. Bert was sobbing into his shoulder.

“Then why am I here?” Bert asked in a weak voice.

“You died in a horrible way, you weren’t meant to die. It wasn’t your time. So…God gave you another chance to live, he doesn’t do that much, but he did. He wanted you to get another chance, but you broke that chance when you became a Fallen Angel and began searching for revenge, but I wasn’t the reason, you just thought I was. The last thing you saw was me…so you pinned the revenge on me, but really…it’s for the gang that killed you.” Gerard explained. Bert cried and held onto Gerard tighter.

“I’m so sorry.” Bert cried. “I’m so sorry that I sent Jeph to get you so that I could kill you. I’m so sorry that I died. I’m so fucking sorry.” Bert whimpered. They pulled slightly apart and I think Gerard forget that I existed because he pressed his lips hard against Bert’s in a passionate and emotional kiss. Jeph shifted on his feet and grumbled something. He looked jealous.

“He’s my lover, Gerard. You cannot have him since you know that he is back.” Jeph snarled. I suddenly understood why this scene seemed to make Jeph mad. But then again, I was a little jealous too…I thought maybe Gerard was only mine now. But I couldn’t blame them. Their passionate kiss actually lasted quite a bit and when they both pulled apart, Jeph went in and scooped Bert up in his arms. “You cannot have him.” Jeph said sharply.

“Don’t worry.” Gerard said in an assuring tone, his hazel eyes flipped over and onto me. He smiled, his sharp teeth welcoming and loving. Normal people wouldn’t believe that the shit I saw was real.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000

“So they were trying to kill you?” Gerard asked as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I leaned into his cold embrace as we walked after Ray, Mikey, and Sarah. We were on our way back to the motel that we had rented. Bert and Jeph seemed to have gone off to who knows where. Gerard planted a soft kiss on top of my head.

“They thought I was what you are.” I answered. Gerard looked at me.

“Are you afraid to say it?” Gerard asked with a curious eyebrow. I shook my head. “In order for you to become the Seer, you must embrace all of this, Frank.” Gerard told me. I sighed.

“It’s been a long time since we left home, Gerard. You’d think that I’d be used to all of this already, right? But I’m not…part of me wants to be, but another part of me doesn’t.” I said quietly. Gerard gave my shoulders a slight squeeze and I sighed. Ray turned around.

“It’s because it’s all happening to fast.” Ray told me. I looked at him and Gerard narrowed his eyes. “You’re still young, Frank. You could be in college or something.” Ray said.

“I’m twenty four, hardly a good year to be in college right now.” I said. “To think that I was schizophrenic was kind of better than having to run away from everything.” I said with a cross of my arms. Gerard let go of me, I had no idea why. Ray gave him a look and slightly nodded, then Gerard was gone. I felt the beat of his wings, he flew off. I looked back at Ray.

“He’ll be fine.” Ray told me. I sighed and nodded.

“I’m just sick of being on the move all the fucking time.” I muttered, I watched my feet as I walked. “Why can’t I just let Satan find me and give him the finger?” I asked in annoyance. I kicked a rock with my shoe and it went flying. I didn’t know where it went until Mikey let out a screech and spun around to look back at me.

“Thanks man.” Mikey called with a laugh. He smiled and turned back around. Ray looked at me.

“It’s not that easy.” Ray told me. “I think that you’re picturing Satan to be as big as a normal demon and not as powerful. I think you forget that he was once an angel.” Ray said. I looked up at him and rolled my eyes. “Lucifer is stronger than Gerard, Mikey, and I combined. That’s immense power. And that’s something that no one should ever try and fight.” Ray told me.

“Didn’t you say you fought through Hell and back?” I asked.

“I was being sarcastic, Frank.” Ray answered. I sighed.

“I’m just…sick of this, Ray!” I shouted. Ray looked down a little bit and I clutched at my head. My mind was spinning and I dropped down to my knees. I let out a small sob of frustration and everything went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 5.2K 26
Sequel to Devil's Work so go read that first ;) Frank is struggling to keep afloat. He thought that when he turned Eighteen he'd be able to run off...
135K 7.8K 24
(I wrote this when I was 14 it's not good turn away while you can) In the future, in a dystopian universe, no one falls in love by choice. Picked at...
2.3K 192 29
Frank's new patient seems to take a liking to Frank, and vice versa. But Frank can't date a crazy person who thinks he sees ghosts right?
4.2K 104 19
When Gerard is pulled aside to meet Frank, the new student in the school, he is told to help show him around. Gerard figures it's just for a few days...