Rudderless (Urban)

By navrine

This was all you, none of it me You put your hands on, on my body and told me You told me you were ready ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 17

2.2K 110 25
By navrine

Caleb

I wasn't the happiest when Tavia had brought up the idea of meeting with her parents. The whole idea was being played out in my mind the whole ride home. I was thinking about what her dad was gonna say when he had seen me I was afraid that the old man might throw me in jail. I pulled up to the parking lot of my apartment and grabbed my gym bag and made my way up the stairs. I reached into my pocket me grabbed my keys as I approached the door.

"Caleb?" When I heard my name being called I jumped a little and dropped my keys. I picked it up off the floor and slowly turned around
"Annalise?" I was shocked in place.
"I thought you—"
"Died? I thought I'd be too." She calmly said. Everyone believed that Jade's mom had been dead since she disappeared a while back and without a trace. I couldn't grasp the fact the she wasn't. Nothing was making sense in this town anymore.
"Does Jade know that you're back?" I asked.
"No, she doesn't and you can't tell anyone" She informed. I nodded my head and wasn't actually sure that I could keep something big like that from anyone, but I had knew what the lady was capable of and didn't want to test her.

"What do you want?" I questioned.

"I'm going to find out who killed my son and then I'm going to kill that person" She stated.

"Why you telling me this?" I said glaring at her.

"I believe you're the one who killed Caleb and when the cops find enough evidence to convict you, I'll kill you before you even feel the walls closing in on you" She smiled. A cold chill had ran deeply down my spine and dropped. I could feel my pulse racing with the anger inside of me building up.

"Am I supposed to be scared?" I asked.

"Oh no, baby" She let out a small laugh.

"It was a heads up. Now, being scared is up to you. If you tell anyone of this talk or of me being back, I'll make sure Tavia leaves this town in a coffin." She smirked and left, I was standing there for about two minutes gathering my thoughts before I could open the door and go inside my apartment. I was debating whether to call Tavia and cancel tonight based on what just happened. I didn't know what to expect or to do I was already worried bout tonight.

Tavia

"... Are you stupid? Mr. V gonna kill Caleb." Olivia said rolling around on my bed.

"No he's not. My dad's not that bad." I said trying ease the fact that my dad wouldn't like the idea of me and Caleb together.

"Not bad? He told your last boyfriend that if he ever broke your heart he would break his neck," She giggled.

"I was 12" I said.

"That makes it worse. You can't say that to a 12 year old." She intoned.

"Whatever. Whatchu think of this one?" I asked twirling around in the Sleeveless Blue Dress I had accompanied with Black Suede Flats and a Cocoa Lucinda Tassel Bib Necklace. I admired myself in the mirror before turning around to face Olivia and her judgement.

"Biiiitttttccchhhh! You look like my mom." She laughed.

"Really? It's that bad?" I drawled taking a look at the mirror again.

"If you going to a meeting, but other than that... Yeah It's bad." She informed. She got up from the bed and walked over to my closet and started rummaging through the clothes. I sat on the bed and awaited her to choose what she wanted me to wear.

"Don't pick out anything you would wear?" I yelled softly.

"What's wrong with what I wear?"She called out from the closet with an attitude tone.

"You dress like a slut" I joked.

"Bitch! You are a slut!" She laughed.

"I love you, tho" I said.

"I love you more, babe" She replied, "Put this on", She handed me the clothes and pushed me to the bathroom. I didn't really look at the clothes and just threw it on and hurried out to take a better look in the mirror. I walked out and stood in front of the mirror.

"I knew it. That looks so better!" She started hiking up the dress.

"What time is it?" I asked while she started playing with my hair.

"It's 7:24" She said as she prepared to go downstairs.

"Oh shit! I'mma take a quick shower" I took of the clothes and grabbed my towel and ran to the bathroom. I was thinking about how tonight was going to go down and how I could stop any mess from being started.

I finished my makeup and hair and put on the dress. Olivia walked into the room with a jug of orange juice and sat it on the counter.

"I wanted to do your makeup!" She whined.

"I know, but I don't wanna scare him away" I joked.

"Bitch, that's not funny" I started laughing after she had said that.

"What shoes you wearin?" She hugged tightly on my pillow and sat on the edge of the bed. I scanned the shoe closet for a moment until I found one of my White Keds.

"This one" I said putting on the shoes.

"Eww, no. Why won't you were some heels?"

"I'm in my house. What the hell do I need to wear heels for?" I replied.

"To look cute" She said.

I heard the door bell ringing and jumped with nervousness and excitement. I finished putting on the other pair and raced downstairs to the door.

"Mom, He's here" I said quickly. She finished placing the plates on the table and took off her apron which revealed her Navy Blue Knee Length Dress she had wore with Black Pumps. I started checking my hair and hiking up the dress.

I took a deep breath and opened it, "Hi Ca—" , It wasn't Caleb.

"Reese?! What the hell you doing here?" I hissed.

"Well, Hello to you too, Tavia" He was dressed up and flashed his teeth at me with flowers in his hands.

"Are you here for Marie because we have an important dinner tonight so you could just go home cause she can't leave"I retorted.

"Actually, Marie invited me to meet your parents" I felt the little stings of anger building up inside of me. I couldn't believe she would do that on purpose.

"I'm going to kill her" I murmured.

"Are you goin to let me in? It's kinda cold" He asked.

"Whatever. I turned around and saw Marie coming down the stairs. She was all dressed up and had did her makeup and hair. I mugged her, but she had ignored me and went on to embrace Reese.

"You did this on purpose?" I raged.

"Do what?" She said in an innocent tone as if she didn't know what she was doing. I rolled my eyes at her and she smiled back. She was testing me. I wanted to knock her ass out.

"You must be Reese" My mom came from behind me with her hand held out to Reese.

"A pleasure to meet you Mrs. Valentine" He shook her hand.

"Marie just can't stop talking about you", She smiled and I could see Marie start blushing and hiding her face which made me roll my eyes.

"Will!" She called for my dad and he came from his In-Home Office with his Teal Sweater and Khaki trousers. I admired how he looked, because I get tired of seeing him in that uniform.

"Hello, Chief Valentine" Reese shook his hands firmly.

"I've heard things about you, young man" His deep stern voice let out.

"I'm praying it was good, sir" Reese smiled.

"We'll see won't we?" He laughed.

"I thought no one knew about you and Reese" A snarky tone in my voice was directed towards Marie.

"I lied" She smiled.

"Yeah, so did whoever told you your makeup was nice." I murmured.

"Excuse me, what?" She asked in a tempted tone.

"You heard me"

"No the fuck I didn't" She lashed out. Reese just stood back in case the argument had turned into a bigger situation and my dad usually didn't bud into me and Marie's fights, because we would both assume he was choosing favorites when he agreed with the other.

"Girls!" My mother interrupted into the argument. I folded my arms and leaned against the wall as my mom led the others into the dinning room. I was worried that Caleb wouldn't show up and I wasn't ready to be let down again. I wasn't going to survive this dinner without him and especially not with my mom and dad and Marie and Reese. The night was going down as one of the worsts. I closed my eyes and rested my head on the wall until the door bell rang and I paced to it. I slowly opened it and my face glowed up when I seen him standing tall with a Black Dress Shirt and matching Black pants to go along with his Dress Shoes. He looked very dashing and flashed his pearl white teeth at me and handed me the red roses that I didn't notice he had had in his hand. I was lost in the moment.

"You look fine as fuck" He licked his lips. I couldn't help, but start to blush uncontrollably.

"Thank you and so do you" I smiled. He played with his collar and made a goofy face that had sent me into laughter.

"Come in" I stepped aside to let him in. He closed the doors behind him as he entered and kissed me. I could feel the butterflies and excitement building inside of me. We pulled apart when I heard Olivia coming down the stairs.

"Wow! Caleb is that you?" She joked.

"Is that Olivia? With no makeup?" He giggled.

"Don't get used to it" She replied.

"Tavia?" My mom's voice came from the dinning to meet us in the hallway.

"And you must be the handsome, Caleb?" She went over to shake his hand.

"Nice to finally meet you, Mrs. Valentine"

"Did you bring those roses? How charming." She smiled getting the roses from me and placing it in the empty vase next to door.

"Olivia, Do you want to stay for dinner?" She asked.

"No thanks, My mom is waiting for me outside and I already took something" Olivia held up the jug of Orange Juice she had in her hand which led me to giggle a little. She was such a freaking junkie.

"Alright, sweetie. I love you and tell your mom I'll call her" She kissed her on the forehead and headed into the dining room.

"Bye, babe" I hugged her.

"See ya later loser" She said to Caleb and walked out the door.

Now, it was time for me and Caleb to face my dad and the night in the dinning room tonight. I looked up at Caleb and smiled, he kissed my forehead and grabbed my hand.

"You ready?"

*Vote and Comment on your favorite parts or just about the Chapter 17*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1M 656K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
1M 91.7K 39
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
753K 2.8K 67
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

332K 8.4K 118
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...