The Concert

By HiddenTerror

An Academy Ghost Bird fanfic. Violinist Sang has a sexually abusive past, can she learn to trust? More

Untitled Part 1
Untitled Part 2
Untitled Part 3
Untitled Part 4
Untitled Part 5
Untitled Part 6
Untitled Part 7
Untitled Part 8
Untitled Part 9
Untitled Part 10
Untitled Part 11
Untitled Part 12
Untitled Part 13
Untitled Part 14
Untitled Part 15
Untitled Part 16
Untitled Part 17
Untitled Part 18
Untitled Part 19
Untitled Part 20
Untitled Part 21
Untitled Part 22
Untitled Part 23
Untitled Part 24
Untitled Part 25
Untitled Part 26
Untitled Part 27
Untitled Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 32

Part 31

3K 184 16
By HiddenTerror

A couple things to say before I start:

1) I am incredibly sorry for how lax I have been about updating, I suck, I know.

2) Thank you for your continued or new interest in his story. It has been going on for a long time and I hope to have it finished sometimes soon.

3) Any new and awesome Academy stories? I have fallen really behind on reading them.

A summary of what has happened so far:

Sang lives in the same circle as the Morgan family, but with abusive parents, not everything is as it seems. When the Academy boys start at Ashley Waters, they recognize her from the concerts she performs because she is a violin prodigy. When they realize her home life, they remove her father from the situation. Now Sang is having a sleepover with the guys when she has a nightmare. What will happen when Kota tries to talk to her about it?

It is really hard to keep walls up when someone is both nice and completely delectable is what I have realized.

I mentally berate myself. No thoughts like that allowed. If anyone in the world can read minds, it would be just my luck that I would end up stuck in the room with one of them.

Kota places a gentle hand on my shoulder, snapping me out of my reverie.

"Let's go to my room and talk," Kota says.

I don't know how to respond other than to follow him as he delicately leads me by the hand. His footsteps fall silent and I some to the realization that this must be his room. He motions for me to sit on his bed.

I don't like this. I don't like this situation at all. My mental alarm triggers. Then he sits next to me. My head blares.

My breath catches as I spiral into a whirlwind of what-ifs. The pressure on my chest increases, feeling vaguely like my ribs are caving in. My vision tunnels, then expands to show only swirls of color. It makes me nauseous.

A hand is placed on my neck and I cannot for the life of me remember where I am at. Where am I?

Hands are feeling, squeezing, groping. I curl further into myself.

With a slight pressure on my neck, my head is forced between my knees. I wind my arms around me.

The smell of spice washes over me, but not as thick as it comes when my father is around. Did he just take a shower? That must be it.

"Sang?" He must be playing Mr. Nice Guy, but I know my role well. I push myself to the center on the bed.

I still can't catch my breath. I really don't want to but since when do I have a choice. I don't get choices.

As practiced as I am in the art of silence, a small murmur of "please no" escapes me.

My lips have gone ever-so-slightly numb with the unsteady but rapid whooshes of air.

"Sang?" He asks louder this time, sounding concerned. But why would he? I must be imagining it. He keeps repeating the one word.

I hear garbled whispers before the bed groans with movement. I tense.

"Miss Sang?" A new voice is present and I don't know who? A male voice. Maybe he brought a friend. Not that strange when I think about it.

I try to resist it, but I can't avoid the recoil when he takes a step closer.

"Sang. It's Dr. Green. It's Sean. I need you to sit up for me sweetheart."

Dr. Green? It takes a moment to register. The boys, Kota's house, sleepover, nightmare, they know, they know. They are going to tell and I will actually be dead this time. It won't be an empty threat any longer.

The speed of my breathing increases.

I shoot up, curling into a ball. "please. don't. tell." I gasp in a small voice.

"Tell what?" Dr. Green responds. My mouth fills with the metallic taste of blood as I bite my lip. I shake my head. I doubt they saw it.

My entire body is trembling.

"Sang. Take a deep breath in for me." I try, but I can't manage more than a shaky gasp.

"In... and out..." he leads.

I'm not sure how long it has been, but it must have been awhile because there is motion in the living room.

"That's a girl. Can you open your eyes for me?" I do and realize with horror that there are tears slipping down my face. I scrub them away quickly, hoping no one noticed.

I notice with a start the Kota isn't in the room, just me, Dr. Green, and Mr. Blackbourne.

Of all people to break down in front of...

I take a long shuddering breath and make eye contact with Dr. Green. He is looking at me with something akin to pity, but not exactly. Mr. Blackbourne's mask is indecipherable.

I steel myself for the inevitable barrage of questioning, but it never comes. I look up in confusion, only to see the two of them having a conversation with the smallest of facial tics.

Dr. Green approaches me, stethoscope around his neck, keeping his hands in plain sight. He must have come straight from work, he was still wearing scrubs and had a subtle sterile smell about him.

He presses the stethoscope to my back, not acknowledging me flinch, and instructs me to take a deep breath in.

"Fast heart rate, not surprising," he mutters under his breath.

"Miss Sorenson," Mr. Blackbourne begins, then stops, looking at Dr. Green, who takes over.

"Do you have a change of clothes?" I shake my head, not trusting my voice yet.

"I will be right back then," replies Mr. Blackbourne.

...

I sip on the hot chocolate and nibble of the toast and eggs that they had ordered for me.

"Do you have anxiety attacks often?" asks Dr. Green. I shrug, not offering a further response.

"Do you have them more than once a week?" Mr. Blackbourne asks for clarification. I nod.

And this is how the conversation goes. Them asking questions, me responding non-verbally.

Then what I was dreading came up.

"How is it being at home without your father?"

I almost choke on the bite of toast I'm chewing.

"It's an improvement."

It was my first verbal answer. I almost wish I didn't.

"Any problems with your mother?"

"No." My lie is shaky at best, and unfortunately they both catch it.

"What happened?" They ask simultaneously. Any other situation and it would have been funny.

"Nu-nothing," my voice shakes so bad that I can't begin to cover it up and I have had years of experience.

Mr. Blackbourne raises one perfect eyebrow of his and my feeble attempt of a charade fully shatters.

"It is really no worse than usual, I mean it could be worse and..." I ramble.

Dr. Green throws a wad of money on the table and stands, "Come on, let's go out to the car.

The walk is far too short.

I climb into the backseat and Dr. Green joins me.

I stare at where the seat belt connects to the wall.

"Does your mom hit you?" Dr. Green asks bluntly. I don't respond immediately. I don't want to respond at all.

Keeping my mouth shut is rule one.

A light touch on my chin directs my attention like Kota did I the kitchen this morning.

"Not exactly."

"What does she do?"

"A multitude of things." I 'm deflecting, and everyone in the car knows it.

"Does she treat you like your father did?"

"No."

"Miss Sorenson," a voice comes from the front seat, "Are you in danger there?"

I bite my lip.

My gaze returns to the seat belt,

"Very well," Mr. Blackbourne puts the car in drive.

...

"Umm, you passed the exit."

"I'm aware."

I fall silent again.

...

We pull up to a set of condos. I glance at Dr. Green, a question burning within me.

"My home."

"Why?"

"You can't stay somewhere you are in danger."

"But I never said..."

"We know."

"Oh."

"Yeah," he rubs the back of his neck, "Welcome to my humble abode."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226M 6.9M 92
Officially now a series! Watch it for free on MediaCorp's Youtube Channel- MediaCorp Drama. ...
89.9M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
7.1M 366K 92
If dish soap, rutabagas, and firecrackers aren't an essential part of your zombie apocalypse kit, you better grab them now! Season 1 of The Virus Wit...
13.6M 674K 191
Ara, the only woman left alive after a plague, is searching for a way to save humanity. She thinks there isn't a man she can trust, until she meets K...