Safe Haven ( Ashton Irwin Fan...

By writtenfairytales

They say all you have to do is jump and hope you land on your feet. But for Annabelle Taylor, all she wanted... More

Safe Haven ( Ashton Irwin FanFic )

354 4 0
By writtenfairytales

I never really liked bridges. I don't know why, but I didn't. Maybe it was because I'm standing on the edge of one right now. Yeah, it's probably that. You see, I'm not suicidal or anything, well actually, I am. I have my reasons, but right now, my mind is focused on the water crashing down below. It was about 11:40 PM in Seattle, and I was breathing, quite heavily might I add. I looked around to see if anyone was coming, already knowing that there's no one here. No one ever comes this way, and that's why I chose it.

My name's Anna by the way, Annabelle Taylor. I'm 17, and this time last year, my brother got hit by an old, red pick-up truck. By the time the ambulance came, he was declared DOA. I will never forgive myself for that. I let him run into the street to get our dog, Lacy, and I didn't see it coming. Two seconds later, he was on the floor, blood seeping out of his white shirt. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't move, couldn't talk, I should've done something. I could've saved him.

There was something wet dripping down my face, and then I felt the rain begin pounding on my back. Now I was soaking wet, and standing on the edge of a bridge 60 feet up in the air. I took in a deep breath, and watched as the air froze before my eyes. I was so concentrated on my breathing that I didn't realize my foot slipped and I began to fall.

"HEY, WAIT! NO!" Was I dreaming? Maybe I'm already dead. No...someone was here. I was hanging on to someone; at least, someone was hanging on to me.

"It's okay, I got you. Don't let go, alright? I'm pulling you up, just hang on." The voice sounded pretty desperate, what was going on? Oh right, I almost fell off the bridge and tried killing myself. That was when I realized I had my eyes closed throughout the whole thing. I opened one eye at a time and was met with the most beautiful brown eyes. They were filled with panic, he was yelling out something, but I couldn't quite hear.

"Calum! Come here and help me pull her up! OI MICHAEL, GET OVER HERE!" he yelled.

"Ashton, what the hell did you do?" Ashton? So that's his name. I think I might try and pull myself up now. I tugged at his arm and heard him blow out a sigh of relief. He probably thought I was dead or passed out. I felt someone grab my waist and bring me up, and all of a sudden I was on top of Ashton.

"Jesus Christ! What the fuck do you think you're doing?" If he hadn't screamed, I wouldn't have been able to hear him through the rain. It was getting harder, if that was even possible. I quickly got off of him and ended up tripping onto the guy with bleach blonde hair. I think his name is Michael. He put out his arms to catch me and held on until I was stable enough on my own two feet. "Are you alright?" He asked. I nodded to reassure him and turned back to Ashton.

"Do I have to repeat myself? What. The fuck. Do you think. You were doing?" he repeated, "Huh?"

"I don't know, okay? I don't." I whispered

"What?" he asked.

"I SAID I DON'T KNOW! Why didn't you just let me fall?" I yelled. I took a step closer. "You should've just kept going and left me." And another step. "I deserve to die... I WANTED TO DIE." And another, until I was right in front of him pounding my fists against his chest. I started sobbing uncontrollably, sobbing into a stranger who just saved my life. All he did was let me cry. The rain was still pouring, his friends were still watching, and I was still completely, and utterly insane.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello my little cuzzmuffins. This is my second work in progress and school is actually starting within a week, so if this doesn't get many reads, I probably will end up taking this off until I actually have time to write. I've recently gotten really into 5SOS and when I mean recently, I mean early last year, so I decided to make a story for all the Ashton girls out there. I know I'm not the best writer, but this was one of my dreams, and I just had to make a story out of it. Depressing, I know. If you've read this far, I think you've realized that this is a depression type of story and if you don't like these kinds of fanfics, then i strongly encourage you to stop reading. I might also change the title later on in the story so I might not have a cover for a while, sorry. Feel free to comment your opinions and tips, and share if you really like it! much love, ailinh xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

310K 7.7K 113
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
158K 2.7K 48
just read
136K 6.6K 47
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
494K 9.7K 105
violet jones grew up around people that she feared. one day she got thrown a massive curve ball, her whole life blowing up just within just two days...