We Meet Again

By JustAdriana

After Cassandra Rivera’s tragic car accident, her boyfriend, Niall Horan, thinks she’s dead. Let’s face it, s... More

We Meet Again
Prologue
Chapter 1: McDonald's
Chapter 2: Catching Up
Chapter 3: Macy Brooks
Chapter 4: Is Dinner Ready Yet?
Chapter 5: The Ride Home
Chapter 6: Getting Some Pizza
Chapter 7: Watching A Horror Movie
Chapter 8: The Day We Met
Chapter 9: Leaving Mullingar
Chapter 10: The Private Jet
Chapter 11: When He Calls Me That
Chapter 12: Romance Stories
Chapter 13: Mystery Girl Is Revealed
Chapter 14: A Grumpy Day
Chapter 15: Homesick
Chapter 16: You Like-Love Him
Chapter 17: I'm Not In Love With Him
Chapter 18: Macy's Just Trouble
Chapter 19: Love Hurts
Chapter 20: The Day I Met Macy
Chapter 21: The Party
Chapter 22: Please Stay
Chapter 23: Too Late
Chapter 24: Back In Ireland
Chapter 25: Getting The Girl
Chapter 26: The Confession
Chapter 27: Reliving The Past
Chapter 28: Hit
Chapter 29: White
Chapter 30: Him
Chapter 31: From Dublin to Mullingar
Chapter 32: Progress
Chapter 34: Fighting
Chapter 35: Sorting It Out
Chapter 36: Airplanes
Chapter 37: The Key
Chapter 38: Unpacking Sucks
Chapter 39: Bridget's In Town
Chapter 40: All Settled In
Chapter 41: Diamonds
Chapter 42: Rumor Has It
Epilogue
Thank You

Chapter 33: Calls At Three In The Morning

87.2K 2.1K 722
By JustAdriana

Chapter 33:

Two months. 

That was how long ago since I swore he made some kind of movement, but since then, he's been still. He's been motionless. Me? I've been worried out of my mind to the point where I was about to throw myself out of the building in frustration.

But at least now I was out of the wheelchair. My ribs healed, but now I was wearing crutches for my leg. The wheelchair was the worst contraption ever though. Never in my life would I want to sit in one again. I hoped desperately by the time I was old and wrinkly, there would be some other contraption that wasn't anything like a wheelchair.

Everyone can dream right?

Right now, One Direction was on a long deserved break. Rumours around the media were that Niall had died or he had left the band, but nothing was certain yet. Girls were going crazy out of their minds, wondering where the hell he was because there hadn't been pictures of him in ages- just like he had gone missing. 

I still visited Niall as much as I could, coming by at least once a day and staying for at least one hour. Now, I went to church with my family on Sundays, had lunch with my parents every now and then, and would watch Jonathan play Black Ops II until I got bored. They did their best not the mention Niall, and Mom had even said that she approved of him now.

So much for that. Too late for that. 

Breanna, Francine, Charley, and Lily called me every now and then, Facetiming me and Skype calling me as well. Liam, Louis, Zayn, and Harry would sometimes shoot me a text, asking how Niall was doing and how I was holding up. 

During the past two months, Liam and Charley came for a three day visit and Francine came for a day and headed out the next to visit somewhere else in Ireland. Louis came down another time, without Lily because she was busy. 

The journal I kept was left alone, since nothing was really happening. I hadn't made another entry since that day when he supposedly squeezed my hand. 

Everyone was still iffy about that. 

Nurses called me crazy for coming every day. I had caught them gossiping once when they didn't know it was me at the vending machine with my hoodie covering a good portion of my face. They kept giggling about how I had nothing better to do with my time rather than visit someone who was basically a worthless cause.

Well I had been in a come for a year, and everyone thought that I was the worthless cause. Niall stuck by me for eight months. 

Eight months.

That was more than anyone else could ask for. After one month, I had begun to lose hope, but there was no way I was leaving Niall like he did for me. I would've done the same thing in his position, and I was glad that he chased his dreams. I was glad that he accomplished things he wanted to do, yet here I was not knowing what I wanted to do with my life.

The only thing certain was that I wanted to be with Niall, and I hoped when he awoke, he still felt the same about me. He was too precious to lose. 

So if I had to sit around and wait for the next ten years, I would do just that. 

"Honey," I heard someone say. I rubbed my eyes and was surprised to find it already dark outside. The shine of the moon was casting into the hospital room. I turned my head slightly, not surprised in the least when I saw Niall still lying there peacefully.

"Yeah?" I questioned, sitting upright in the uncomfortable plastic chair I had been on. That might of been the worst nap I had ever taken in my whole entire life.

"Honey, visiting hours are over. You fell asleep, and you've been here since nearly three. You should go home, wash up, and eat dinner. I'll see you tomorrow, alright?" she said.

I nodded. I glanced over at Niall once more, hoping that there would be some change, but there wasn't. I turned back around, nodded towards the nurse, and left the room.

I had to call my dad to come and get me since I still couldn't drive with injured legs. Ten minutes of waiting later, he pulled up beside me and helped me put my crutches in the back of his car. He was always more than happy to drive me back and forth. We appreicated the silent times in the car that we spent together, sometimes talking on Niall's progress or the latest football game. 

Even if my relationship was getting better with my mother, I still lived in Niall's flat. Yes, Niall rarely stayed here and there weren't many personal things of his around, but it still reminded me of him. There were a few blankets that still lingered slightly of his cologne, but maybe it was just my imagination screwing with me. There were picture frames around the flat, and I always bought his favorite food to eat.

Just in case one day, he woke up and he might come back and have a great meal. But each day past, and each day he didn't come back.

I arrived at the flat, and unlocked the door. Everything was where I left it, not a single object out of place. I immediately went to the bedroom, and I fished out one of Niall's t-shirts from his drawers. I left it on the bed as I stripped the rest of my clothing off.

It took longer since my legs were still not steady. I would have to grab onto something for me to not fall flat on my face or something.

Basically, my injured leg made me clumsier than I was before. That was really the very last thing I needed right now. 

After tugging Niall's large t-shirt over my head, having it end halfway down my thighs, I made my way to the kitchen. I poured myself a glass of milk and then went through the pantry until I found the package of oreos. 

With the curtains drawn back, moonlight shinking in, and having my oreos and milk laid out in front of me, I felt more at peace than ever. Now if Niall was beside me, right at this moment, I'd be the happiest girl in the world.

I finished up the rest of the oreos left in the package, since there weren't that many in there to begin with. I had finished up the package in the span of three days. I rinsed the glass where milk once had been and then placed it inside the fancy dishwasher that took me forever to actually work.

Finally, I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and went straight to bed. I set my alarm clock to ten because if I didn't wake up then, I had no idea when I would ever wake up.

I snuggled against another pillow, wishing that I had Niall's cologne to spray on it. It was weird, yes, but it was a nice reminder of him.

After long minutes of tossing and turning, I fell asleep.

"I never loved you," he sneered, "and whatever gave you the impression that I did love you was a big fat liar."

"Niall-"

"Oh shut it Cassandra. Did you really think I'd fall in love with someone like you? I bet you always thought you could pig out in front of me and I'd be okay with it. Actually, it's kinda gross," he snickered, "and there's no guy in the world that would want that in a girl. Trust me- from a guy's perspective."

"Then why did you stay with me eight months when I was in a coma?" I snapped. "Why then?" The only way I could keep from crying was if I kept arguing with him. The Niall right before me wasn't him. It was a monster that possessed his soul. I knew Niall. This wasn't him.

"You were in a coma," he rolled his eyes, "you wouldn't know if I was there to begin with. Maybe I make a great liar."

"You love me," I argued again, "you taught me how to play the guitar. You were with me for a year already. Why keep it going? You took me to the cliffs of Dublin and-"

"Maybe I took you to the cliffs to push you off. But that didn't work and I got lucky with that car crashing into us- mostly you."

"You're lying," I pleaded, "you don't mean that. This isn't you."

"And how would you know that?"

"Because I know Niall, and you're some devil that took over his body. I want Niall back. Who the hell are you and where is he?" I nearly screamed. 

"He's not coming back sweetie. The only person around here is me and you're stuck with me. But the thing is I don't want you stuck on me so bug off," Niall glared at me. His blue eyes were no longer dreamy and beautiful. They were stormy, dull, and almost lifeless.

"I'm not gonna leave you alone til I know what happened," I insisted.

"Well give up," Niall said, "because that person that you grew to love before died. He's not here anymore. He's long gone and he's six feet under the ground. Now. You're. Stuck. With. Me. Sweetie, get used to it. I'm here to stay."

"Well I don't want you to stay, bastard."

"Well you don't always get what you want Princess Cassandra," Niall said. 

"I hope you rot in hell."

"I don't care!" But it wasn't his voice actually. It was a woman's voice. "I love it. I don't care. I got this feeling on a summer day when you were gone. I crashed my car into a bridge, I watched, I let it burn. I threw your-"

I woke up from my horrible nightmare and grabbed my blaring phone from the nightstand, blinking rapidly as my eyes were blinded by the screen's white brightness. When did I set the brightness this high? I must've been a moran. It was like I wanted to blind myself. But that stupid dream was bound to haunt me for the rest of the week. These dreams weren't all too surprising. I've been a little paranoid since the incident. The nightmares varied, depending on what happened during the time I visited Niall.

Then sometimes, I'd have nice dreams.

The only dreams or nightmares I had always had Niall in them. As bad as it sounded, I enjoyed the nightmares since I could see Niall in action during them. Seeing him awake was a blessing for me. Seeing him talking, even if they were horrible words, was a great thing for me. 

"Hello?" I said into the phone. I probably should've checked the caller ID. Who would call me at three in the morning. What an unfortunate time.

"Cassandra!" Maura, Nialls' mother, screamed into the phone.

"Why are you-"

"Niall's awake. He's awake. Cassandra, you should come to the hospital as soon as you can. I know it's only family allowed, but you're basically his wife anyways and my daughter so get your butt over here right now."

"I-"

Maura hung up, leaving me speechless. I started my way to the dresser, opening the drawers so I could find pants to put on. Then me, being completely in shock and in deleria, I forgot about my crutches and almost face planted onto the ground.

I grabbed a pair of yoga pants and put them on as fast as I could without hurting my legs. I then shoved my feet into converses as I dialed the taxi number to pick me up at the flat. They'd be here in ten minutes, which seemed like forever now. 

I went to the bathroom and pulled my hair into the best ponytail I could manage at the time, which wasn't that good of one. Then afterwards, I went outside and waited for the taxi. It seemed like ages. It seemed like years. I was so impatient and blurted out the address of the hospital as fast as I could. 

I had to repeat it three time.

Three.

Freaking.

Times.

With the state I was in now, I guessed that it was normal. I bet Niall never felt this way. Until we saw each other that day at McDonald's, he still believed that I was in a coma, or worse, dead. This feeling I had now was undescribable. 

I looked out the window, impatiently tapping my foot on the ground. This ride couldn't get any slower. I groaned at each red light. I nearly jumped out of the car when he stopped at the yellow light.

And because the world hated me right now, there were rarely any green lights. 

Yay for life.

I gave the money to the taxi driver when he pulled up in front of the hospital and I told him to keep the change. I ran into the hospital, well I tried with my crutches anyways, as fast as I could. Greg was there, waiting for me perhaps. 

"I-I came as fast as I could M-Maura called," I stuttered, "is it true?'

"Yeah, let's go," Greg nodded.

"She can't-"

"She's family," Greg said, "and she can see Niall if she wants to. She's been here every day since he's been here. She's coming with me to the room."

"I-"

Greg didn't wait for her to answer, but he motioned me along. We had to go slower since my crutches were slowing me down, but my heart was beating a little too quickly when we were in front of Niall's door.

I was so nervous.

This was nerveracking.

This was a weird feeling.

Niall would be awake on the other side of the door and I'd see his blue eyes bright once again. I'd see...him.

Greg opened the door for me, since my hands were focused on the crutches. Inside were Niall's mother and father, then Greg's wife as well. 

There, sitting upright on the white bed was Niall. His blonde hair was barely visible, with brown hair as the majority of his head. His blue eyes were shining brightly, attentive and awake. Next to him was a crying Maura, clutching her son's hand for dear life. 

"Niall," I cried, running towards him until I was on the other side of his bed from Maura, "I've missed you so much, I missed you so so so much."

Niall looked up at me, his blue eyes meeting mine.

"Who are you?"

I don't really wanna write an author's note because I just got back from the beach and I'm exhausted. I saw a hot guy too. And we talked. And he as an adorable adopted little sister that he was playing with. Hot guys + children = Adriana is done. Anyways, vote and comment. I'm tired so please excuse my writing, but I had an idea and I wanted to write it down. Good night. Peace out *does peace sign* Byeeee

-Adriana is tired as fuc- fudge...

P.S. random banner on the side. hope ya like it. omg i'm falling asleep on my laptop and i dont feel like pressing the shift key or anything else you know what bye

so much for not writing an author's note

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 34K 28
Cogito™ Entertainment presents: Living someone else's life can be entertaining. If the person you're embodying dies from societal injustices, though...
253K 2.3K 27
"𝐀 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭" 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝:𝟐...
1.6M 52.3K 67
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
10.9K 309 31
Here it is. Sequel to - Reason for Stay Alive He had a mission. To reset the clock. This time, not for the people, but for himself. For once in his...