Silent

By HiddenKnight

Whisper Woods. Yes, that's a name. Whispers life is a little bit different from what you would expect. She is... More

Prologue
Chapter 1- Purple Eyes
Chapter 2- Notebook
Chapter 3- Leather Jacket
Chapter 4- Family
Chapter 5- School
Chapter 6- Cold
Chapter 7- Laugh
Chapter 8- Car Ride
Chapter 9- Don't Judge
Chapter 11- The None Judge Rule
Chapter 12- Nickname
Chapter 13- Shock
Chapter 14- Help
Chapter 15- Crush
Chapter 16- Maths
Chapter 16- Akawrd

Chapter 10 - Perfect?

16.4K 601 104
By HiddenKnight

I put the last dish into the dishwasher and signed. I still couldn't come up with a reason why my dad acted so weirdly around Maddox. I know for sure that he didn't judge him since he himself was a little bit of a trouble maker when he was younger.

My mind swirled with different reasons as to why he acted that way. I'm not blind, I saw the grimace when Maddox was going. I know that dad at that time got something in his mind, something that caused him to act weirdly. One thing I know is that my dad is very stubborn so when he gets something in his mind he will make it.

That's the thing that scares me.

A small and soft hand touched my shoulder and turned and pulled me towards the small body. Long, slender arms wrapped around me and pulled me into a hug. Lavender and graphite surround me. A weird but calming sent to me. It was home. My mum squeezed me lightly as I wrapped my arm around her.

We pulled back and my mum smiled at me, showing her crokered teeth. She sat me down at one of the chairs around the table and sat down next to me.

"What's on your mind dear?" She signed while kissing my forehead.

"Nothing mum, just.... dad acted kind of weirdly towards one of my friends and I just don't get it." Is Maddox my friend? Do we classify as friends?

My mother smiled at me and chucked, "I can assure you Whisper that your dad didn't judge your friend. You know him, he only wants what's the best for you. Go and ask him, and don't worry."

I kissed my mum's cheek and headed upstairs towards my dad's/mum's office or studio. My parents think that there is no point of having different offices if they can fit there together and see each other.

I opened the door slightly, knowing that there is no point of knocking. My dad was at his wooden desk with his glasses placed on his roman nose.

I walked towards his desk. His head lifted slightly and when he saw me,a smile drew on his face but disappeared when he saw the sad and confused look on my face.

"Honey, what happened? Why are sad? Did that boy do something?! I can get my shotgun out?!" I smiled and shook my head towards him, lightly pushing him towrds his chair that he abandoned while asking a million of questions.

My dad isn't judgemental. But he cares, he cares a lot about me and my mum,even Rex. However sometimes he cares so much that all logic flys out of his mind. Like right now.

"No dad, he didn't do anything but..... why...-why did you act so- so weirdly? Dad? Is everything alright?" If I was talking my voice would've cracked and become a mare whisper. The plus of sign language- no cracking voice. But sometimes it's not so much of a plus, the way we speak gives out a lot about our emotion. If you don't speak the truth is in your eyes, but just like the voice, a professional can hide their feelings.

My dad looked at me with a pained expession. He stood up and walked towards me opening his arms and pulling me into a big loving bear hug.

He pulled away so he can look into my eyes and show what he means.

"Pumpkin, I'm sorry I worried you. It was never my intention. I just-" he ranked his hands through his light brown hair, "You made a new friend -I hope he is only a friend! You are too young to have a boyfriend!!!" I chuckled at his random outburst of protectiveness when he seemed to calm down, "Anyway, you made a new friend- a boy someone who isn't Charity and....and I didn't want to screw it up for you."

I looked at him confused. Why would he ever screw anything up?

"Dad,what do you mean?" (A/N: Justin ruined my life with this.😵😷😭)

"It's just- I didn't know... I didn't know if you won't be ashamed of me. Ashamed that I'm deaf, that you would've most probably have to translate everything I say. I'm just sorry that we're not perfect. That we are different, that we are not a perfect family you would like. I'm sorry that you have to live in silence, that you keep living in fear. I'm just sorry that we will never be perfect in the eyes of society."

I stared at my father in shock, pain and guilt. Guilt for I have made him inscure. Guilt for making him even think that I would like a 'perfect' family. Guilt for making it seem as if I would ever be ashamed of him,of my family.

Tears brimmed my eyes as I flung myself at my dad, hugging the life out of him. I pulled away and looked deep into his eyes, the eyes so similar to mine.

"Oh, Dad! Perfect? Perfect?! Dad I don't need nor want perfect. I'm happy with everything I have. I'm the one that's sorry for making you even think that I want a 'perfect' family. I don't. You know why? 'Cause there is no and there will never be 'perfect', in my eyes you are, we are, perfect with our flaws, with our silent life. I love it and I would never change it for anything. Money, popularity even nutella! Dad, I love you and mum- our whole family the silent inperfect/perfect way it is." Tears brimmed the corners of my eyes as I shook lightly. My dad gently gathered me in his arms and held me tightly.

He pulled back and stroked away a few rebel tears that escaped, wearing a small loving smile. He kissed my forehead just when we felt another pair of arms wrap around us, my mum. We hugged together, silently but lovingly.

"We love you Whisper, always remember that. Sorry that I thought that you would want something that's none existing. I just thought that, that was the reason why you never invite friends over." My dad looked down ashamed as my mother wrapped her arms around him. She lifted his head so he could see what I wanted to tell him.

"Dad the only reason why I don't invite friends over is because I don't have any, and the reason why no body knows at school is because I know soneone will make some kind of gossip or will suddenly think differently of me. It's not because I'm ashamed of you." I smiled and hugged my family. My perfect - inperfect, silent family.

Suddenly, remembering something I pulled back and smiled mischievously at him,"Oh and Dad it's not good to judge"

He and my mother laughed, suddenly understand that he indeed did judge. But, hey, we are human and we make mistakes. We're not perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ello!!😊😀☺

I'm back! Can I just say thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! Not only did 'Silent' reach over 9k but recently I was being flooded by votes and people adding my story to their reading list! My phone literally looked as if it had a seizure with all the notifications! Thank you so much!!!☺😊😀😁😃😄😉 bye

Vote
Comment
Follow
And I love you!❤

-HiddenKnight

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.9K 966 58
{EDITING PROCESS} *BOOK ONE OF TWO* When a high school student named Davina Smith faces her senior year after a tragedy in her family, suddenly finds...
29.4M 871K 71
He tips my head toward his with his index finger, keeping my eyes trained on him and driving me crazy with the primal look on his face. His grey eyes...
10K 293 28
"Oh," he said, as my back hit the wooden wall. Damn it, of course. With nowhere to go, his arms locked me in between him and the wall. He stared down...
2.3K 74 35
People say when you love something, it's hard to stay away no matter what; it could be a deadly disease and you still won't be able to stay away. Fro...