Danger's Back 2: The Aftermat...

By jileyoverboard

The end isn't over just yet. More

Danger's Back 2
Chapter 1: "He wouldn't leave me."
Chapter 3: "You don't know us."
Chapter 4: "It's not the same anymore."
Chapter 5: "This is where we start."
Chapter 6: "What are you afraid of?"
Chapter 7: "I thought you hated me?"
Chapter 8: Now or Never
Chapter 9: "We can't leave you here."
Chapter 10: "Where is she?"
Chapter 11: "Did he hurt you?"
Chapter 12: "Are you trying to get us killed?"
Chapter 13: "Truce."
Chapter 14: The Aftermath
The Epilogue.

Chapter 2: "You're getting real fucking brave."

32.4K 911 2.4K
By jileyoverboard

It had been months since Justin had spoken a word about Kelsey, their relationship, or even part of his sanity--which wasn't quite there yet. He had revived himself, but the main factor in his health had yet to be challenged.

He didn't believe he needed to seek professional advice because he felt no one could possibly understand the darkness that lived inside of him. Something that dangerous could never be tamed.

"So what did I miss?"

Stopping midsentence, Bruce stood up from his spot on the couch. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I signed myself out. Come on, Bruce, I'm a big boy. I don't need daddy to help me."

"It's not safe for you."

"No, what's not safe is sitting around and waiting while the Snipers come in and take reign on everything. I want to make them suffer."

"No one told you to give it all away either," a voice carried across causing everyone to silence themselves.

Slipping off his jacket, he shoved it down on the seat in front of him before holding onto the back of it. "I thought I was doing the right thing by us."

"No, you were doing right by you. Not us."

"You're getting real fucking brave," he growled, taking a step forwards only to be stopped.

"Enough." Bruce put his hand up, turning his attention to Justin. "You're in no position to go killing people just because you're angry."

"I'm beyond fucking angry. I want to snap each of their necks and rip them apart limb from limb. I want to feed them to a pack of wolves and watch them get eaten alive. I want to tape it just so I can relive every moment of those bastards deaths."

"Justin—"

"Bruce, this isn't sixteen year old me asking to get some revenge on a couple of punks. This is me asking to destroy the people who helped destroy me. It's one thing to touch me, the crew, and my territory. It's another when they touch her. I want to make them pay. This isn't going to be another repeat of three years ago. We're going to ruin them and we're going to do it with their help."

"Their?"

"We're meeting with the five families. The Snipers want to play dirty? Well, we'll just have to play dirty right back, except this time, they're going to lose."

"That's a bit deep, don't you think?"

"If there's anything they hate, it's a bunch of punks taking reign on their organization."

"They also don't like to cut deals with a bunch of thugs either."

"As far as I'm concerned, we kept the streets safe. Did our own wrong, nothing about what we do is legal and neither is theirs, but we take out the problem. The snipers? They're a problem."

"They can say no, we're not going to force it on them, but if we get them to agree to help us, there's no way they stand a chance. Let's be honest, Bruce, we're screwed on our own. It's not like it used to be."

"Yeah and whose fault is that?"

Taking his gun out, Justin pointed it in the male's direction, aiming straight for the head. "One more word and I will shoot you right where you stand, do you understand me?"

Putting his hand on his arm, Bruce blocked the view. "Justin."

"They have connections from back in the states, God only knows what other stunt they're pulling and what kind of shit they're bringing in. If we're going to make a move, we have to do it now. Are you in or out?"

Removing his hand, Bruce took a look around, connecting with every member of the group before nodding. "In."

"Did you get the things I asked for from Prince?" his rough voice carried out into the kitchen where Marcus walked out in order to meet in the middle of the living room with the boys. Looking up, Justin obliged to the beer handed to him, taking a sip while waiting for an answer.

"Yeah, he said that Lyndon should be at Riverside by midnight. Jenson's made a move to team up with his business deals, 2 thousand for every three enhancements given to his drug trafficking."

It took everything inside of him not to flip the table, the anger boiling inside evident from where they were all sitting. Jenson had been a partner of theirs for as long as they could remember, the very start of their business adventures.

With The Kings' out of the picture, Lyndon had gotten a lot in over them, his legacy building with every day that passed. With three of his men dead and gone, he had recruited several other men from Stratford, bringing in some from New York to fulfill his entire team.

"Jenson never did drugs," he gritted between clenched teeth. "He said he wouldn't as long as we gave him leverage over Lambridge's explosives."

"With us out of business, how could we possibly give him what he wants?" Bruce inquired through the lump in his throat. The idea of their winnings going down the drain was something everyone refused to believe in, but with The Snipers reigning in on everything they once had, it was hard to climb the latter with fire coming down.

"This is fucking--" cutting himself off, Justin ran his palms down the front of his face, wiping at the excessive sleep in his eyes. None of them were able to rest with all that's been on their mind, trying to win back everything they gave up for nothing.

"He's ruining everything we built," shaking his head, Justin glanced over at Bruce who sat just as helpless as he was.

"We worked way too hard for us to sit back and watch as he burns us all straight to the ground," Marco practically shouts though his voice comes out in a dull roar, the fight in him slowly diminishing with the days passing.

"The plan was to give him everything so that way we were in the clear, but he fucked us all over. He won, he did everything we didn't. Lyndon is a bastard born straight through his father. The motherfucker knew what he was doing from the start and he had us all fooled. He was smart and he played the cards right."

"So?" Justin shrugged, his eyes boarding through them all as confidence shined through the barrier. He knew they fucked up, hell, it was practically his fault, but he wasn't about to give up. He didn't give up back then and he sure as hell wasn't going to give up now. "We just have to play it ten times better."

The phone was ringing off the hook, several men roaming the halls as they came in and out of the office inside the King's place, each exchanging papers as they discussed what it all meant. Prince had stopped by earlier to drop off a few photographs of Lyndon shaking hands with another employee of theirs.

They had about a handful left, the tight knit group even closer than before. They couldn't afford to lose another one of their own, their partnership something worth keeping.

It was both they were with them or against them, and anyone with any common sense left would know that The Kings, regardless of their current standing, were still dangerous. Making enemy with them was a death wish, one the men present in that house did not condone to pursue.

"I just got off the phone with Johnny King. He said he'll make the meeting tonight."

"Sonny Zandt said he'd be making it too,"

"Timothy Maggaddino as well."

Leaning back against the cushions of the couch, he threw his hands back behind his head, "looks like we bought ourselves time, boys."

..

"How are you holding up?"

Kelsey looked up from her notebook, shrugging. "Good."

"Kelsey, come on. You've been giving me the cold shoulder for weeks."

"Sucks being left out, doesn't it?"

"You know it's not like that."

"Then how is it like? Please explain because it looks like you've replaced me; me and you switched spots and now you're in the light and I'm shoved in the dark."

Turning around, Carly squeezed her eyes shit inhaling deeply through her nostrils, "you are my best friend."

Closing the refrigerator with her hip, Kelsey laughed, unscrewing the cap to her water bottle and taking a sip. "Sure seems like it."

"What do you want me to do? Break up with John? Is that what it'll take for you to talk to me again?"

"Don't be ridiculous"

"Then what is it? Because I have done nothing but be here for you through everything."

"It was supposed to be me in there," she whispered, looking down as she shifted on her feet. "It just... it doesn't feel real. None of this makes sense. I'm going to school and coming home to an empty place or you know, I'm lucky enough to have my parents breathing down my neck. It's like I'm sixteen all over again."

"Babe," she took a step forward only to have Kelsey take a step back, putting a hand up.

"Don't. I don't need you feeling bad for me."

"I just want you to be okay again."

"Okay well he took that away from me so,"

"You're better than that—than him."

"Don't."

"All I'm saying is that you shouldn't be moping around when he isn't doing the same for you."

Silence fills the room.

"How is he?"

Sharing a small smile, Carly tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. "He's fine."

"Any news on the snipers?"

"You know I can't discuss business with you."

"What? Are you their bitch now too?"

"Okay I get your angry but I'm not going to stand here and have you insult me. Call me when you're done pmsing."

Collecting her things, she walks out the door making sure to slam it behind her.

Sighing, Kelsey dropped to a chair, putting her head in her hands.

..

"You look like you've been run over by a car," John exclaims when he catches sight of Carly walking inside the house, giving her a kiss, he directs her back to the couch.

"She always does," Justin bites back though his eyes are on the laptop screen in front of him.

Sneering in his direction, she slips her shoes off before throwing them to the side and cuddling on his lap, "I hate you."

"Feelin's mutual, princess."

"Babe," John gives her a small squeeze.

"No. He ruined my best friend, he doesn't get to just sit there while she wallows in misery."

"No one is telling her to."

"You really gotta snap out of it, dude." John counters now as he shakes his head, nothing but disappointment evident on his features. "You love her."

"Yeah well not anymore, can we get back to business now?"

"Fuck business!" Carly roars as she stands on her feet, "you have a girl willing to give herself up for you and you're just going to sit there and act like you didn't completely destroy her? Like everything's alright? Fuck you!"

"Carly," John sighs as he stands, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"No, it's not fair. Why does she get to suffer?"

"And you don't think I am?" Justin barks, taking his turn to slam the laptop shut before standing up and taking a step towards them, his anger directed towards the blonde in his best friends arms. "I gave up a shit ton to be with her and it didn't fucking work out. It's time we all move the fuck on, for fucks sake." Taking his seat again, he opens the screen to the computer.

Scoffing, Carly laughs humorlessly, wiggling out of his arms. "Un fucking believable. I'm out."

"Good riddance."

Ignoring him, John turned around, "where are you going?"

"Away from this god forsaken place."

When Carly leaves, John slaps the back of Justin's head.

"What the fuck?"

"You really gotta watch yourself."

"The fuck I do?"

"This whole I don't give a fuck attitude is perfect for business, but not when it comes to the rest. Don't be so fucking careless, and watch the way you speak to my girl."

"You can find some other girl to fuck."

Grabbing him by the collar, John held him up to his face. "Don't tick me off."

"What are you gonna do? Hit me? Do it."

Cracking a miniature smile, he shakes his head dropping him back onto the couch. "You have one hell of a death wish man and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing."

..

"How's school?"

"Good."

"Any homework?"

"Nope."

Playing with the food on her plate, Kelsey isn't even paying attention to the conversation. She can barely stand to listen but she's sitting there nonetheless, wondering where in the world it went wrong.

"Are you even paying attention at all?"

"No."

Sighing, her father laid his utensils down on the table. "Kelsey."

"What?"

"Come on, sweetheart. You have to speak to us at one point. How's school going?"

"It's there, dad. It's not going anywhere."

"Have you met anyone?"

"No."

"Why not? I'm sure there's plenty of decent guys."

"Excuse me?"

"Honey," her mom interrupted, giving her husband a look that told him too soon. "We just think it's time you try to come out of your shell."

"I tried that once before and you guys locked me in my room."

"You were just a child, Kelsey."

"You sure this has nothing to do with the fact that my ex-fiancé is a criminal as you so rudely like to point out all the time?"

"We just think that maybe, it's time to experience being with other boys... you were with the same one for years, we just think that maybe your heart lies with what you're most comfortable with."

"I love him."

"Well apparently he doesn't love you."

"Because you refuse to let us be together and now he feels like he's doing the right thing by me which is a bunch of bullshit."

"Kelsey!"

"No, you guys are such hypocrites!" shoving her chair back, she laid her palms on the table. "Years ago, you wouldn't have even let me look at another guy let alone date one. Now all of a sudden you want me to go prancing around?"

"We just don't fall you falling into a depression or worse."

"I'm not depressed, mom. I'm heart broken. I feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest and thrown on the ground to be stepped on repeatedly by everyone in my life." Shaking her head, she laughed to herself, having not even realized tears were falling down her cheeks. "I'm leaving."

"Where are you going?"

"Out to have sex with another guy!" grabbing her jacket, she slammed the door behind her.

Keeping her head down, it wasn't long before she arrived at the one place that brought her both pain and happiness. She needed closure, some kind of relief that her life wasn't a complete disaster.

Arriving on location, Kelsey could feel her heart plummet to the ground by the memories that followed. She knew it was a bad idea coming here, but she needed air, a place to clear her head without the voices of others telling her how to live her life.

It was hard moving on, more so keeping away from how it all used to be, and Kelsey felt at a standstill. How does she go forwards knowing she's leaving everything behind and most importantly how does she walk away from the one person she loved?

He left you.

Shaking her head, Kelsey held onto the post just outside the abandoned warehouse. It seemed like just last month they were fine, everything was fine, and just like that—it was all gone in the blink of an eye.

Looking down at the ring on her finger, Kelsey toyed with the gold as she twisted it around her finger.

Fumbling inside the pocket of his jacket, Justin bit his lip nervously as he pulled out a small velvet suede box.

Shaking my head in astonishment, I blinked, feeling the tears roll down my cheeks and fall into a puddle at the end of my chin.

"Kelsey Anne Jones," Justin whispered breathlessly as if he'd been running a mile. Popping the lid open, he held it out in front of me and before my very eyes laid a beautiful diamond ring, "Will you marry me?"

"Justin," I gasped, feeling my heart begin to thump faster and harder with each passing second. The adrenaline pumped within my veins as I stared down at my boyfriend of four years. With a shaking hand, I felt my stomach churn in a mixture of all the emotions that began to flow through me.

Biting his lip, he looked up at me expectedly, hope and nervousness swirling within the light soles of his eyes burning with intensity.

"A-Are you sure about this?" I whispered, "I mean... with everything that's going on, do you think it's the right thing to do? I just—" Shaking my head, I let out an unsteady breath, "Oh my God..."

Cracking a small smile, Justin remained on one knee, the box still open to my teary eyes, "I want to spend the rest of my life with you now and forever. You're the one for me Kelsey Jones."

Closing her eyes, her bottom lip began to quiver as she sucked in a deep breath in order to keep herself from breaking down. The dress, the vows, they were all things she thought about every day since the proposal.

It was going to be small. That's what she wanted. A small gathering of not only her parents, but his too, with their family and friends. A cake, a nice big vanilla cake with pretty decorations and a party after to look back on their time together. John was supposed to make a toast alongside Carly, reminding them of how they met. How different things were then from now and how they would wish them all the best and a lifelong happiness of marriage.

It was supposed to be simple, they were supposed to be happy, so why weren't they? When did it come to this?

Walking inside, it were as if she traveled back in time.

"Are you coming or not?" I snapped out of my thoughts, turning to see Justin was now at the other end of the building.

Looking around the place, I slowly began walking, not saying a word. The walls were cracked, a few shillings on the floor from the roof of the warehouse causing me to wonder what in the world had happened in here prior to today.

"What happened in here?"

Justin didn't turn around. Instead, he kept walking.

For a second, I thought he was ignoring me and I was just about to ask him again when he stopped right outside of the warehouse (once he walked through the back doors). He dug his hands deep into the pockets of his jeans while overlooking the sky.

I shifted my eyes from him and over to what he was currently looking at and instantly, my eyes widened and I gasped.

We stood on top of a hill, the sky painted over in colors of pink, orange, yellow and purple. The clouds swayed gently around, the sun downing on top of us. You can see half of the town from up here. It looked absolutely amazing.

"It's nice, huh?" He questioned softly.

I didn't dare look away from the beautiful view in front of me. "Yeah," I replied, breathless. "It's stunning." I breathed out, taken back by the miraculous beauty nature had. "I've never seen anything like this."

He nodded, understanding completely.

"How did you find this place? If you don't mind me asking.." I finally peeled my eyes away from the sky to look at him.

He stood poised, his posture perfect. "After this place was almost burned down--"

Well, that answered my question.

"--I guess, I came to check it out and when I came back here, I saw this--" He nodded towards the view. "And instantly fell in love." He now turned to look at me, a solemn expression on his face.

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "It's nice. I wish I had a place like this." I admitted while overlooking the sky once more.

It gave you a peaceful aurora, like nothing and no one can touch you. Where you can just be alone and not have to worry about anything. You felt careless.. You felt.. Alive.

Silence fulfilled the void around us before Justin spoke up once more, "You do now." He spoke loud and clear.

She could've sworn she fell in love that day, she could have loved him forever if he let her.

Why didn't he let her?

"Kelsey?"

Looking ahead, Kelsey shook her head. "What are you doing here?"

Setting her bag down on the table, her eyes caught sight of the ring on her finger. "Your parents called me, they were worried sick."

"Yeah, well, they'll survive."

"Come on, Kelsey."

"How did you know to find me here?"

"You've been here every day since..." there's a pause as she sighs, recollecting her thoughts before gesturing as if she could find the words for her. "You know."

Nodding, she scoffed to herself, turning around to look at her. "You think I'm crazy, don't you?"

"No," she laughed humorlessly, sharing the pain her best friend felt. "I think you're hurt."

"That's the understatement of the year."

"I think you blame yourself."

"Maybe if I—"

"You gave him an ultimatum, Kelsey. He chose out. You have to let that go."

"How?" she whispered, "how do I do that?"

"By letting me help you, day by day. It's not going to be easy, I know that, and you do too, but we will get through this. Together."

There isn't much time to think about it before she agrees. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Yeah," Kelsey nodded as she took her ring off before putting it down on the table. "Let's go."

Watching as Kelsey walked past her and out of the warehouse, Carly felt her chest constrict. Looking at the ring, she imagined the look on her best friend's face when she had first told her about the engagement.

Pulling away, Carly faced me entirely, crossing her legs over like a pretzel. "I was hoping to try and get some girl time in earlier tonight but John refused saying that Justin had something important to do with you or something." Shrugging, she waved her hand dismissively, "Though I'm sure it was just a lie to make sure I keep put."

"Well," I squished my face together, cocking my head to the side, "I don't think he was lying..." Letting out a breathy laugh, I avoided Carly's curious eyes as she warily stared at me, wondering what it was I was hiding.

"What are you talking about?"

"Uhm..." Laughing nervously, I scratched the back of my head, "Well, you see..." Pursing my lips, I tried to think of a delicate way to put this without freaking her out. "Justin kinda... proposed to me tonight." I slowly formed the words, flinching once Carly's breath caught.

Blinking, Carly's lips parted in utter disbelief as a blank look fell over, illuminating her face. Clearing her throat, Carly shook her head, "Wait a second... he what?"

"He..." Fumbling my fingers together, I absentmindedly twirled my engagement ring around my finger which instantly caught Carly's attention.

"Holy shit!" She screamed, bolting upright as she stood over me with wide eyes, her hand cupping her mouth in surprise, "What is that?!"

Looking down at me hand then at her, I felt myself grow hot. "Wow..." Fanning myself, I awkwardly looked around the room, "is it hot in here or is it just me?"

"Kelsey Anne Jones, you little bitch!" Carly shrieked as she pounded her foot against the floor, "How could you not tell your bestest friend in the whole entire world that you are engaged?!"

Baffled, I slowly got to my feet, expecting an entirely different reaction out of her. "I'm... sorry?"

"You better be!" Slapping my arm, she ignored my hiss of pain while hurriedly grabbing my hand, lifting it up to her eyes as she examined the ring with fascination, "I can't believe I'm finding this out now! It's against the girl code you know." She glared at me, "I'm the best friend, and I should get first dibs on this shit. What the fuck?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm so inconsiderate. The moment he proposed I should of dropped everything just to call you, how stupid of me..." I muttered in sarcasm, rolling my eyes at her childish behavior.

"Duh!" Carly shook her head, "At least you know now so we're okay but holy hell, Kelsey, he must of spent a fortune on that ring! How much did he kill for it? One grand?"

"Uhm..." Scrabbling on my feet, I avoided her intense gaze, "try almost three."

Nearly choking on her spit, Carly looked at me like a deer in the headlights, "You're kidding!"

"Nope," I shook my head, "He told me so himself."

"And I thought he was cheap," Humming in incredulity, Carly let go of my hand after looking at it once more. "Guess not."

"Carly!" I scolded.

"What?" Putting her hands up in defense, she shrugged, "I'm just saying."

Shaking my head, I glanced down at the ring, a whole other feeling overcoming me.

"My best friend is going to get married before me... this is unbelievable and to Bieber of all people!" Shaking her head, Carly tucked her hair behind her ears, "I better be the bridesmaid." She pointed a finger at me, a smile etching across her face.

"Bridesmaid?" I tapped a questioning finger to my chin, "I was thinking more along the lines of maid of honor..." Breaking out into a grin, I laughed as Carly gasped, squealing in happiness.

"Oh my God, no way! Are you serious?!" She jumped up and down like a school girl causing me to laugh some more.

"Yes, I'm being serious, can you stop jumping now? You're making me dizzy." Grabbing her shoulders, I sighed in relief once she settled down.

"We're going to have a lot of planning to do. I hope you're ready." Carly warned playfully, "We can totally start looking at dresses too if you want." Pulling out her phone, she opened up the safari app, "This is going to be so much fun!"

"Carly, slow down!" Grabbing her hands before she could pull up David's bridal, I shook my head, "We're not even getting married anytime soon. It's not the time besides with everything that's going on..."

"And?" Carly shrugged, "I refuse to sulk and moan. You were right. I can't keep thinking about it and the only way it'll keep me from screaming my brains out is if something distracts me and this," Waving her phone in the air, the bright screen flashing in my eyes, nearly blinding me, she brought it back down, "Will help me."

Sighing, I gave up, "If you say so..."

"Yay!" Grabbing my hand, she rushed me over to the bed where she sat us both down on. "Okay, let's see what they have on this website..."

Grabbing the ring, she stuffed it into her pocket before following after Kelsey, making sure to close the door behind her when they left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
90.1M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...