Broken Silence

By Trioxid

Can a beautiful love bloom between Soundwave and Arcee? More

Chapter 1- The loyalist
Chapter 2- Broken glass
Chapter 3- Dreams
Chapter 4- Unexpected behaviour
Chapter 5- Spoken message
Chapter 6- Encounter
Chapter 7- Reaction
Chapter 8 - Reasons
Chapter 9 - Secret
Chapter 10 - Missing in action
Chapter 11 - Consequence
Chapter 12- Prisoners
Chapter 14- Forging Chains
Chapter 15- Exploitation
Chapter 16 - Words
Chapter 17 - Strike
Chapter 18- Hollow Victory
Chapter 19 - Endgame
Chapter 20 - Redemption

Chapter 13- Hesitant

3.5K 68 13
By Trioxid

Ratchet worked away on further modifying the computers' systems. Stupid backward human technology.. He thought as an error message appeared on screen. As if another one was needed. But Arcee's error was much worse. He sighed as he managed to fix the computer bug with ease, but only wished he do something to help Arcee. He may have appeared insensitive, but it was not without good reason. Of all the mechs she could have fallen for, it was Soundwave. Not only that, but she had been played for a fool, bringing the rest of the team into danger. Primus, please guide her back. He sighed, wishing for nothing more than for things to return to what they were. Everyone was worried about her, none more so than Jack, who, like everyone else gone to her quarters to console her, were rejected.

She brought this upon herself...upon us all...

"Is everything alright, old friend?" Optimus' voice disrupted his thought processors. He turned to the Autobot leader, and nodded.

" As good as it can be, I suppose." He said as he returned to the monitor. " It seems the systems still have a few bugs left- a gift left behind by the previous humans who inhabited this base-"

" It seems it is something else that is troubling you." Optimus said thoughtfully. Ratchet shook his head, sighing.

" ...I just can't get my processors around Arcee's recent ...choices...Or how she could even have feelings for one Megatron's most loyal followers." Ratchet said, looking questionably at Optimus. Optimus thought for a moment before replying.

" Arcee's recent choices may be questionable, but she does not seem to believe she is wrong."

" Does the fact that she appears to be in love with a decepticon not seem wrong?"

" Love makes no discrimination's between factions." Optimus said strongly, again remembering the stories of those who had become spark mates despite what they fought for.

" But Soundwave clearly used her- and she is still blind to this illusion he has her under." Ratchet said scornfully, wanting nothing more but to punish Soundwave for such an exploitation. If only he was present...

" Illusion or not, I believe she speaks her words with conviction- if so, then it is a sad tragedy that we can do nothing about, and it is up to her to come to terms with it."

Suddenly, the monitor lit up. Ratchet turned and inputted a few commands, and he looked on darkly.

" Speak of the mech." He said turning to Optimus. Optimus regarded the news sternly.

" What does he want?"

Ratchet turned to read the message Soundwave had sent.

" 'I ask for sanctuary. In return, I will give you all the information you need. ' Is all it reads. Why would he ask for sanctuary?" Ratchet asked looking to The large mech behind him for answers. For once, he found it hard to find one. If Soundwave was seeking sanctuary, then he had run into trouble with Megatron, which was highly unlikely, considering he was one of Megatron's most loyal. But the information he held would turn the tide of the war, in their favour.

"I shall endeavor to find out."

" No, Soundwave already played Arcee for a fool, I won't let him play you either." Ratchet replied more vehemently than he meant to. Optimus regarded him calmly.

" Regardless, old friend, If Soundwave indeed needs Sanctuary, and has the information he promises, we must allow it to him."

Ratchet shook his head, knowing Optimus was right, in one sense.

" And what about Arcee? She is more vulnerable than any of us- if this turns out to be a trap, she's going to be the first one to get hurt-"

" Know that if Soundwave is allowed in this base, he will be under constant watch, and any at any sign of treachery he shall be removed." Optimus stated. Ratchet shook his head, but he couldn't argue. He looked to the ground bridge.

"I don't trust him- I suspect this is more than likely another set-up-Which is why I'm calling Bulkhead and Bumblebee to go with you." He turned to the monitor and opened a com-link channel to them both.

Arcee stood silently, hidden around the corner. She listened intently, anger rising in her at Ratchet's words. Yet they were soothed when she heard Optimus say he was going to give Soundwave a chance; if only for tactical reasons. She knew herself she couldn't disobey her Leader again, not that she wanted too....but...to see Soundwave, to finally confront him and end this once and for all.... . She heard the ground bridge open, and Bulkhead and Bumblebee's voices echoed as they entered. They were quickly briefed, and the ground bridge was fired up again. I..I can't. I don't want to give anyone else any more reasons to doubt me... The image from her dream, of her wrists being bound in chains, flickered across her vision.

"Optimus!"

The leader of the Autobots' turned as Arcee entered the room, everyone turning around, somewhat shocked and expectant as to what she was going to say.

" Arcee-"

" Please, listen to me Optimus. I know my recent digressions have put everyone in danger, and I'm sorry. I never meant for anyone to be hurt." She said, looking down as Bumblebee's injuries flashed through her mind." But you must allow me to come with you-"

" Arcee, I cannot allow you to accompany us-"

" I know. I'm emotionally compromised, I've been exploited- I'm under an illusion-" She shot a look at Ratchet- "you can say what you want, but I know the truth. Please take me seriously. I have to speak to Soundwave." She ended, a pleading look in her optics. The larger mech sighed, and shook his head.

" I am sorry Arcee. But the chances this is still a set-up are to great to risk it again. Please, do not follow, for your own safety."

He turned away, and Bulkhead and Bumblebee disappeared into the ground bridge, sparing glances at the femme. Arcee stepped forward, but Ratchet grabbed her arm and held her back. She shook him of but stood where she was. She couldn't disobey her leader this time. The ground bridge closed.

"It's for your own sake, Arcee." Ratchet said, more reserved, and looking at her with a sense of sympathy. She looked sadly to where the ground bridge had been.

"No. Its for everyone else's' sake."

Soundwave was already waiting patiently, albeit nervously. How he was going to gain any sense of trust was beyond him. Time was ticking by faster, and he knew it wouldn't be long before the entourage would arrive to attempt to subdue him. He turned as a ground bridge opened.

The Autobots arrived. Never in a million Stella-cycles did he think he would ever betray the decepticons... But then again, he never imagined he would fall for Arcee. As his optics, hidden behind his visor, scanned the group that arrived, his spark sank a little to find Arcee was not present among them.

The sunset was a light orange slowly turning red, in the middle of some distant national park. Shadows were cast into slender elongated figures, stretching across the earth.

The great leader of the Autobots, Optimus Prime, stepped forward, his face guard down as a sign of equality, while the two others, Bulkhead and Bumblebee, flanked him, clearly ready to react to any situation should it arise.

"Soundwave." Optimus greeted.

The sun set behind Soundwave, creating a sinister look about him. Optimus, however, looked past the appearance, and tried to figure out the mech behind the visor.

Soundwave responded with a nod. He then sent an electronic message, so all three of them could hear.

"Do you accept my request for sanctuary?" Soundwave asked, waiting for the answer. But it was Bulkhead who spoke up first.

" How can we give you Sanctuary after what you did to Arcee?" He said, looking glaringly at the mech. Soundwave had feared this much, but even if he explained why, would they accept it, or consider this a further step of an intrinsic plan laid out by Megatron?

"I did not betray her. It seems I was betrayed, Megatron already suspicious of my actions and meetings with her. Trust me when I say I would never do anything to hurt her."

" That's rich, trusting a 'con." Bulkhead commented.

"What about exploiting her?" Bumblebee questioned.

Optimus raised a servo slightly to silenced them both. A debate was not welcome at the present time. Both Bumblebee and Bulkhead looked to Optimus

" Do you swear by Primus you speak the truth?" He questioned Soundwave. Since the mech didn't speak, he only hoped he could find conviction in his messages-something easier said than done.

"I swear."

" And your reasons for appealing for sanctuary?"

"I am no longer a decepticon; my only wish is to restore Cybertron to what it was, with Arcee by my side."

Silence reigned for what seemed like an eternity. Optimus considered the options carefully; although he had appeared not to side with Arcee, he wanted nothing more than to have Arcee prove them all wrong. His hesitant actions were only in place to keep her safe from further harm. If Soundwave truly had feelings for her, and had demanded sanctuary, Megatron would no doubt have ambitions of using Arcee as a constraint against Soundwave, or punishment. Yet this was not the only reason, as the threat of an elaborate plan still lingered.

" Your wish for sanctuary is granted."

Bulkhead and Bumblebee looked at Optimus, stunned optics and faceplates revealing there deep shock.

" Optimus, you can't be serious-"

" But know this- if this is indeed part of a set-up, you will pay dearly for the outrage. Do I make myself clear?" Optimus spoke steadily, ignoring Bulkhead and Bumblebee's protests.

"Yes." Soundwave answered quickly, His spark feeling all the more lighter. He began to approach the Autobots, when there expressions changed. the last voice ha had wanted to hear erupted behind him, as he landed.

" But first, Soundwave must pay for the first outrage he has committed against the decepticons!"

He quickly drove his sword deep into Soundwave's back, moving as though he was faster than light. Soundwave had no time to react in defence, but only pain, as he felt it slice through several important systems, but thankfully not his spark. He collapsed, as Megatron viciously removed the sword, watching gleefully as the mech slumped to the ground, his long fingers scratching the ground in pain.

The Autobots had reacted with their weapons ready, seeing not only Megatron arrive but a group of six Vehicrons, although they stood behind the dark Lord with there weapons aimed at the Autobots. The presence of a threat was overridden as shock still reigned, as despite Soundwave's' unquestionable reputation of loyalty, Megatron still showed no hesitation in attacking what once was one of his most loyal followers.

" The guilty must pay for there crimes, don't you agree, Optimus? Or has your sense of Justice suddenly failed?"

"There is no justice in seeking to take away another's freedom of choice." Optimus said darkly.

Megatron laughed, his deep blue optics full of humour, and fresh deep blue energon.

" Do not think me so cruel Optimus, I am not without mercy- he had his choice, and he made his decision of his own accord. Now, I'd like to present another..."

As Arcee and Ratchet waited back at base, Megatron's voice echoed in the large control room.

" Arcee- I know you are listening. I also know that you and Soundwave are somewhat attracted to each other- and since his very spark hangs in the balance, I would listen carefully to my next words."

Arcee and Ratchet looked at each other, before she turned back to the monitor, as Megatron's voice continued.

" You choice is thus- switch your allegiance to the decepticons, and Soundwave shall be spared. If not, and you try to save him, know that his spark will be extinguished before nightfall."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 1K 28
Sometimes, Fate decides to barge into your life and mess everything up. Sometimes it messes things up in the best possible way. After Jack, Miko and...
4.3K 76 15
Firestar Prime was the daughter of the autobot leader Optimus Prime. But when trouble occurs at base due to a failed science experiment. Firestar mus...
100K 3.9K 54
Hiding amongst the mountain peaks, (Y/N) (L/N) knew she would be found at some point. Whether it would be by the Autobots, Decepticons or her past, s...
6.6K 226 12
Tale of two sparkmates that wish to be together, however, their lineage and war that is raging across their kind keep them from being together. Lines...