Popular Meets Unpopular

danceforever456 द्वारा

Julianne Banks is captain of the cheerleading team and the most popular girl in school. So, when the coach o... अधिक

Great Day-1
Tutor-2
You Talk A Lot-3
Not Nice-4
New People-5
New Friend-6
Amends-7
Strange-8
Concern-10
Surprised-11
Only Trouble-12
Party Hardy-13
Words-14
Telling-15
Night Out-16
Seems Crazy-17
Back When-18
Issues-19
Shock-20
Tension-21
Time to Plan-22
Help-23
Boys-24
Decide-25
Competition-26
Birthday Pt. 1-27
Birthday Pt. 2-28
Say It-29
The Call-30
Selfish-31
Fix You-32
Epilogue

Talking It Out-9

5.1K 169 30
danceforever456 द्वारा

When I got to school on Monday everyone was staring at me. It felt like right after Sarah told me what happened everybody found out. I ignored the stares and whispers as I made my way to my locker alone.

I still haven't seen Brett but he has tried calling me but I haven't been answering him. He has yet to hear what's going around. I don't think he knows I know. But once he does, I'm gonna catch him in his bullshit so fast.

I hear slow footsteps come my way and I look to see Robin and Kane.

They stop next to me both giving me cautious looks. They seem to have become best friends.

I raise my eyebrows at them. "What?"

"Are...are you okay?" Robin asks.

"You weren't kidding about the drama thing." Kane mumbles.

Robin elbows him in the stomach and scowls at him.

He grunts. "Ow...I meant, are you okay?"

I sigh. "I'm fine, guys, seriously."

Robin squints her eyes. "Do you wanna let out some anger? 'Cause if you do I'm with you. I will beat that bitch into no tomorrow and she'll never see it coming! See, I told you back in seventh grade when we first met her there was something fishy I didn't like and guess what? I was right!"

I stare at her, waiting for her to finish because she wasn't finished. "And I'm sorry to bash on you about how I was right but I was. I never liked her and I never will. I think you should start listening to me more."

I gave her a blank stare. "Are you done?"

She lets out a breath. "Yes."

I close my locker shut and put my backpack on. "Good."

I start to walk to my class and they follow me.

"But, seriously," Robin starts. "What are you gonna do?"

I shrug with a sigh. "I honestly don't know. I just feel so angry right now more than hurt that I might just let out some anger."

Kane gasped. "You're gonna fight her?"

I scowl. "No, you dimwit. I think I just need to yell at him more than anything."

"Speaking of the devil." Robin mumbles, looking straight forward.

I follow her gaze and see Brett heading our way. I stop walking and tense up, not expecting to see him yet. He's definitely gonna want to talk because I know he's heard the rumors going around by now.

Kane and Robin stop and they both face me.

"Do you want me to give that asshole what he deserves?" Kane asks, puffing his chest out.

Robin nods. "Yeah, me too."

I shake my head at them. "No, guys," I look back at Brett. "I'm gonna talk to him."

Robin hesitantly, nods. "Okay, but don't fall for any bullshit that comes out of his mouth, alright?"

I nod with a small smile and they both walk away as I make my way to him. When we reach each other we stop.

He goes to grab my hand but I pulled away. He sighs. "Can we talk?"

I silently nod my head and we both go to a secluded area, which was outside.

I stand farther away from him because his presence is just making my blood boil. I keep my arms crossed with my lips pressed into a tight line, waiting for him to explain himself.

He sighed, looking away from me. "You're hearing the things going around, aren't you?

I nod. "Yeah and Sarah told me."

The blood drained from his face and he looked up at me. "Sh-she told you?"

"Yes," he stood there cursing to himself and I narrowed my eyes. "Were you gonna lie to me?"

He started to stutter. "N-no, no, I wasn't."

He's lying.

I let out a humorless laugh and said sarcastically, "Right. So, what then? What then, Brett? Give me a perfectly good explanation on why you decided to sleep with one of my best friends."

He threw his hands up in exasperation. "It was in the moment! It meant nothing, I swear. I still love you. You're all that matters to me. And anyways, you ditched me! That night was supposed to be special for the both of us."

I widened my eyes. "So, now you're blaming this on me? Unbelievable. I did not tell you to get into that bed with her!"

By this point, I was yelling with tears running down my face. I didn't notice it until now, I angrily wiped at my face not wanting to waste anymore tears on him. I spent the whole weekend crying over it after Sarah told me. Now, I'm done.

"You're twisting my words." he growled. "I told you it meant nothing. And what about you, huh? We haven't even had sex yet! Do you care about me at all?"

I couldn't help the sob that escaped my mouth. "How could you say that? Of course I cared about you! A relationship isn't about sex. Is that all that mattered to you? Whether we had sex or not?"

He ran his hands down his face. "I am a guy, Julianne. Of course, I thought about having sex with you." He took a step closer to me but I stepped back. "But that's not all I care about. I care about you."

I sniffed. "If you cared about me you wouldn't have slept with Sarah."

He stayed silent to that one.

"Now," I said, slowly. "If you haven't guessed already, we're done."

His eyes widened and he looked genuinely surprised, like he was expecting me to stay with him. "What? Julianne, babe-"

"Don't," I put my hand out. "call me babe, we're through."

He reached out and grabbed my wrist. I tried to pull away but he held on tighter. "Come on, don't be ridiculous. I'm sorry, I love you, you know that. We can't break up, Julianne."

His hand was starting to hurt my wrist and tears started to spring to my eyes from the pain. "Brett, let go, you're hurting me!"

I finally managed to pull away from his harsh grip and I started to run back inside the school. I heard his footsteps run after me and I started to run faster.

"Julianne, stop!"

I turned a corner and saw a door and immediately ran for it. I opened the door and closed it quickly, not wanting him to see that I ran in here. I held my breath as I heard him run past the door.

I let out a shaky breath when I was for sure he was gone. I backed up a little bit from the door and reached for the light that was next to the door. It turns out this is a janitor closet. I can obviously tell from the cleaning supplies that were in here.

I sigh to myself and run my fingers through my hair, sitting down against the door. I can't believe that just happened. He was acting like a freaking psycho. Whatever he says or believes we are done. I honestly still can't believe this is happening.

We started dating near the end of my Junior year. When school was let out, we would be together mostly all the time during the summer. Now, three months into my Senior year and we were over. At the beginning of our relationship, I thought we were gonna be together forever but obviously I was wrong.

I stand up, realizing that I couldn't stay in this janitors closet forever and I've already missed to much of first period so I'm just gonna go home. My face was still a little red from crying and I was not in the mental and emotional state to stay in school.

I opened the door, walking out of the janitors closet but when I do a familiar voice says my name.

"Julianne?" I look up and see Grant giving me a confused look but I hurry up and look down, not wanting him to see my face so puffy and red.

"Why were you in the janitors closet?" he asks.

"I," I stop when my voice cracks and clear my throat. "I was-"

"Are you okay?" he interrupts.

I hear him move closer to me and I tense up because I really didn't want him to see me like this.

I feel his hand move my chin upwards and I'm looking at him and he's looking at me.

I swallow the lump in my throat. "I'm fine."

He observes my face, ignoring my comment. "Have you been crying?"

I shrug, nonchalantly. "Maybe, maybe not. Look, I'm fine."

He raises one eyebrow. "You don't look fine."

I look away and his hand falls from my face. "Well, I am so." I step back. "See you tomorrow."

I go to walk away but he stops me. "Wait."

I turn around towards him. "Yeah?"

He scratches the back of his neck. "I, uh, I heard about what happened. And I think that he doesn't deserve you, anyways."

I give him a soft smile. "Yeah, I actually just broke up with him."

He widened his eyes for a moment and then they went back to normal. "Really? That's great. I mean, are you okay?"

I nod. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'll see you later, okay?"

He nods. "Yeah, okay."

Then I walked off to the back way to get to my car because I didn't want to get caught.

A/N:

Ha ha she broke up with that b!

Tell me your thoughts!

P.s.
I actually like comments way more than votes because I like hearing from you guys and what you think about the book.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

How To Rule Your High School Kate द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

1M 47.2K 36
**A Wattpad Featured Story** Madison Carlisle isn't just popular, she's the one girls want to be and the guys want to be with. But what's a girl to d...
2.1K 272 31
Have you ever needed just a guide to tell you what to do when life gets too hard? To survive High School in particular? Well, listen to what I've got...
14.6M 371K 70
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! Hardcover and Paperback available online at Barnes & Noble! This WattPad versio...
4.2M 81.6K 28
Sophie's parents have shipped her off to a boarding school in Spain that can provide a better education for her. Now, after two years, her grades hav...