Don't Fall for Me

By juliannav135

I was doing just fine my junior year of high school. I mean I did pick fights once in a while and my grades w... More

Part 1: I Stole His Motorcycle
Part 2: Don't Fall for Me
Part 3: Prom?
Part 4: Got it
Part 5: Forbidden from Prom
Part 6: Two-Strings
Part 7: Get Out!
Part 9: Did You Just Kiss Me?
Part 10: Wrong Number
Part 11: Careful Angel
Part 12: Drowning
Part 13: Falling
Part 14: Mother
Part 15: Finn and the Devil
Part 16: Angel vs. Devil
Part 17: Do as I Say
Part 18: Date
Part 19: Fix It
Part 20: I Stole His Motorcycle Again
Part 21: Crash
Part 22: An Old iPod
Part 23: Feathered Tattoo
Part 24: Roses are Red...
Part 25: Not What it Looks Like
Part 26: His Game
Part 27: Think About it Angel
Part 28: Good Riddance Jerk
Part 29: All Aliens Return to Space
Part 30: Spin the Bottle
Part 31: Roommates?
Part 32: Honeymoon
Part 33: I Hate Ryker
Part 34: A Picture Lasts Longer
Part 35: New Tattoos
Part 36: Not Him
Part 37: Mine
Part 38: I'm Dreaming Right?
Part 39: See You Around
Part 40: It's Not Me, It's You
Part 41: I've Fallen For You
Part 42: Ryker's Song
Part 43: Xander's True Love
Part 44: What You Do Best
Part 45: Take Her
Part 46: Sorry Won't Cut It
Part 47: Make You Jealous
Part 48: Xander's Date
Epilogue: 5 Years Later
Bonus Part: Ryker and Eve's Wedding
NEWS

Part 8: Burning Jealousy, Shattered Pearls

12.4K 512 84
By juliannav135

The night of prom, Xander had called me, boasting about the awesome time he had with Riley. I was really happy for him. It's just, normally Xander and I would have hung out this weekend or something. But now, he spends all of his free time with Riley.

The weekend went by with thoughts of Finn. This was something I would have usually asked my mother for advice about. Now, I just stayed away from her. Last night, she did try to knock on my door and talk to me. I wouldn't have it. I had thrown a pillow at the door and screamed at her to go away. She hasn't said anything to me since then.

Ryker left me feeling so conflicted. It seemed like he would try to do something nice for me, but it was always backhanded, as if he had an ulterior motive. Which was why I was holding on to the hope that he was wrong about Finn. He probably just wanted to ruin my relationship with Finn for some sick reason.

I resolved that I would have to talk to Finn at school tomorrow. If what Ryker said was true, then Finn must think I'm an idiot. I sighed, falling back on my pillows. I didn't know if I was dreading the confrontation, or looking forward to it.

~*~*~*~

"Finn, can we talk?" I asked after school the next day at his locker. He had been avoiding me all day, even moved his seat in English so it was far from mine.

"There's nothing to talk about," he shrugged, closing his locker, "You intrigued me, sure, but I never felt anything more for you. You were just a game I wanted to play from the start, except you played by the rules more than I thought you would. We never even kissed. I'll admit though, I thought I would have you on your back soon. If it wasn't for Ryker, you would be."

He spun on his heel and walked down the hallway. I wasn't sad about what he said. I was angry. I had been played, and Ryker knew it. He had been right. That's what made me mad.

"Told you so," a breath whispered in my ear.

"Go to hell," I muttered, balling my hands into fists.

"Can't. I'm already there."

I spun around, fist flying before either of us saw it coming. It connected with Ryker's jaw and his head snapped to the side.

He brought his head back around and I was surprised to see a deep purple bruise already forming. He licked his lips, tongue gliding over the piercing he hasn't taken out since the night of the concert. My eyes were drawn to his mouth and my heart started beating faster until his lips were drawn up in a smirk.

"Don't fall for me, Angel."

That made me glad I had given him that nasty bruise. I flipped him off for like the millionth time and strode down the hallway.

When I got home, mom was in the kitchen, fixing dinner. When I went in the kitchen and she saw the tears brimming on my eyelids, she opened her arms and I collapsed in them. I sobbed into her shirt.

I cried because of Finn, I cried because I've been distanced from my mom lately, and I cried for my dad. 

My mom rubbed soothing circles on my back until I had stopped crying. I wiped my eyes and spilled everything that had happened and everything that was on my mind. She listened the whole time.

"Forget Finn. There are so many other boys out there who deserve you. I'm glad Xander found himself a girl, but you should still talk to him and hang out with him. He should make some time for you," my mom said, "That boy will drag you out of this ditch."

I nodded. She was right. I would call Xander when I went upstairs.

"Mom?" I asked, "What's going on between you and that man?"

My mom took a deep breath.

"I'm really sorry that you had to find out like that, baby. I met Christopher Walker at work and we just sort of clicked, you know? He's a really kind man, and I know you would like him. I know it's hard for you to think of me with anyone else besides your father, but he would want me to be happy.

"Anyway, I was planning on telling you about him but then you found out all on your own. I feel like such a terrible mother for not speaking with you this past week."

I patted my mom's shoulder, "Hey, I haven't been the best daughter, either."

We both laughed. I was happy mom and I were close again. We ate dinner together and chatted the entire time. I said goodnight and hugged her, then went upstairs for bed.

I sat in my computer chair while I dialed Xander's number.

"Eve!" He yelled through the receiver.

"Hey, X. What's up? I've missed you," I said.

"Eve, I'm really sorry we haven't hung out in a while. Riley has been making plans left and right. She's already booked us this Friday night for a party at Dean Atwood's house."

"Ew. I-"

"You should come," he cut me off.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair, "I don't know, X. Nobody will want me there. I'll have an awful time."

"That's not true. Come on, just try it. If you really hate it, I'll take you home and spend the night with you," he offered.

I had nothing to lose, so I agreed. Xander was really excited to go to the party. This was the first party he was invited to. I already knew I wasn't going to make him leave early if I was having a terrible time. I would have to suck it up.

~*~*~*~

This was the longest week of my life. I avoided Finn and he avoided me. The few times we made eye contact, he would quickly look away. He still ate lunch with Ryker even though Ryker had practically thrown him out of my house. I didn't get boys.

I dragged myself down the school hallways on Friday wearing my usual attire of a concert shirt and converse with my hair in a ponytail. I was so not in the mood to go to Dean's stupid party. I didn't even know what I would wear.

Two people were shoved up against my locker, making out. Ryker's leather jacket was on the ground and Hannah's hair was plastered against the lockers. Her skin tight shirt was halfway up her stomach and Ryker's hands were roaming all over her. They would choose to make put right in front of my locker.

A weird feeling settled in my stomach. It burned something close to jealously. What the hell? No, I wasn't jealous.

"Gross, get a room," I said, shoving them out of the way.

Hannah scoffed, straightening out her clothes and hair. Ryker's blue eyes bore into mine, the bruise I had given him was beginning to fade. He raised an eyebrow and flicked his lip piercing with his tongue. My cheeks heated and I hid behind my locker door to keep them from noticing the red tint to my face.

A large hand wrapped around the maroon colored locker and spread it open. Ryker's face loomed on the other side. Hannah stood behind him with her arms crossed over her chest and a pouty face. Poor girl, I had interrupted her make out session with the school's bad boy. Please.

Ryker leaned in close to me, his lips a breath away from mine when he spoke, "Don't go to the party to tonight."

I couldn't concentrate on anything with his mouth so close to mine. His eyes flicked down to my lips and my breath hitched. He came even closer. Then I remembered what he had just said to me.

I flattened my palm over his chest, pushing him against the lockers. I ignored Hannah's whines of protest. Ryker looked amused which made me even more angry. I balled his white t-shirt in my fist and leaned up in his face.

"Don't tell me what I can or can't do," I spat.

My head snapped backwards as my hair was pulled. A shooting pain rocketed through my hair and I screamed out. I twisted around with my hands grasping my hair. I locked eyes with the cold, blue ones of Hannah.

Forgetting the pain in my head, I dropped my hands and lashed out at her while she was still holding my hair. I clawed at her designer clothes until my finger caught on her pearl necklace. I ripped through it and the chain shattered. The white pearls scattered to the ground, rolling in every direction. Hannah released her grip on me and fell to her knees.

"You bitch! That costed me three hundred dollars!" She screamed at me.

I crossed my arms and retorted, "You should've bought yourself a new personality with that cash."

Her face flushed. Two muscular arms painted in tattoos scooped her off the ground. Ryker shot me an angry look over Hannah's head that was resting under his chin. She grinned at me while she was in his arms. It's like she thought I would be jealous or something. Which I definitely wasn't.

"Well, I'll see you guys at the party tonight," I waved with one finger in the air, and it wasn't the pointer finger. I winked.

As I walked by them, I made sure to step on a few pearls as I passed. I could practically hear Hannah's heart break every time one of the pearls was crushed under my feet.

I was halfway down the hallway from them when I heard Ryker say, "She's-"

"A bitch," Hannah finished for him.

"Sure."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.5K 3.4K 59
Highest Ranking: #63 in Teen Fiction •Completed• "You look pretty fine in those jeans, but you'd look even finer without them." He inched closer to...
35.4K 1.5K 13
We were a team. A confidence team, gaining your trust and ripping you off for every penny we could squeeze out of you. Stealing millions between pick...
Troublemakers By Mon

Teen Fiction

12.4K 456 21
"H-hey.. You know..." Work brain, work. "What?" he hisses. "Um... I-I think I need my inhaler. It's in the bag," great, nice move. But my hope shatte...
263K 10.5K 29
Started 16.4.17 Finished 7.6.17 HIGHEST RANK IS #10 IN TEEN FICTION :) Current cover is by @Aisling_Page "Hey," an unfamiliar voice said behind me, I...