Artificial Love [Lauren/You]

By ILoveGettingLost

If it's meant to be, the person out of your reach will come to you but don't be surprised when you drive away... More

Ch.1
Ch.2
Ch.4
Ch.5
Ch.6
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch.9
Ch.10
Ch.11
Ch.12
Ch.13
Ch.14

Ch.3

3.5K 131 51
By ILoveGettingLost

Rambling On About Her

After three weeks of moping around and busting my ass to write songs, I finally found time to text my best friend whom I missed very much. I lifted my legs onto my studio desk and leaned back comfortably in my rolling chair, seeing the texts Lauren had sent me.

Lauren: Does this look good for a party?

My feet slipped from the table and I fell out of the chair at seeing Lauren's outfit. Hell was Lauren Jauregui sexy, the pictures she sent me were privileged and I'd surely end up making a shrine for my best friend one day. After composing myself I thought it over and realized if I do give Lauren my approval a bunch of snotty boys would be all over her.

To Lauren: I can't lie, you're fucking hot but I don't think you should wear that for tonight.

Lauren read my message the minute I sent it but she let thirty minutes painfully pass, letting me wonder if she had actually gone out with the same outfit on. I started getting antsy so I called her, Lauren letting her phone ring continuously until it was almost to late to pick up.

"What can I help you with Y/N?" Lauren formally greeted me and a low growl left my throat as jealousy slowly seamed in through my body.

"Don't think of me as your best friend right now Lauren. Think of me as your very jealous girlfriend. I do not want you to wear things like that when I'm not physically available to pummel a fuckboy to the ground." My voice carried a strident tone but Lauren giggled and shuffled around.

"But you're my fake girlfriend Y/N. It shouldn't matter to you unless.....you're actually attracted to me." Lauren teasingly elongated her words and I banged my hand against the top of my wooden desk. Her reminder of us not realistically being a couple made me catch feelings but I quickly spoke back.

"Lauren almost everyone who has seen you finds you attractive, including me. They only see your looks but I get to see every aspect of you. I get to see your personality and how wonderful your mind is. You're intriguing and I do not want other people taking advantage of you. Lauren Michelle Jauregui, I beg of you, if someone catches your eye tonight, make sure you tell me all about them before involving them in your life." I changed my jealous tone to a calm civilized one and I could hear Lauren smile as she took a moment to let my words sink in.

"I'll change my clothes for you baby." Lauren sighed softly and I scoffed, "Even then I'm sure it won't keep anyone away. You look stunning in anything you wear." I didn't mean to sound flirtatious but my words were true. No matter what I did, it wasn't enough to protect Lauren from getting hit on.

"Lauren I understand you hate when I talk about Selena but it's been three weeks and I need to get things off of my chest." I changed the topic to my crush and Lauren groaned but gave me permission to talk.

"We were friends and then I gained feelings for her but instead of being flattered she pushed me away. I told her I'd get over her but how can I now that she won't even let me talk to her? Selena pushes me away but it makes me want to chase her more. I know she's out of my limit-"

"Y/N, Selena is a manipulative bitch. I've talked to Justin before, she only used him for his fame and now she's doing it to you too. Trust me by the time you get more famous, she'll be riding your dick again. I have to go get ready now. I'll text you later." Lauren ended the call and I placed my phone back in my pocket, quickly sitting up to scribble lyrics down in my notepad. Selena was out of my reach but I wasn't going to stop chasing after her, even if she had used Justin in the past. Selena might have changed her ways and I was planning on winning her over. By the time I placed down my pencil, I had two pages of lyrics down so I marched in the recording booth and began to sing the intro of my new self-written song.

As I got to the chorus, my phone lit up so I unlocked it and smiled at the picture of Lauren. I noticed she was in a different bathroom so I examined the walls behind her and came to the conclusion that she was indeed in our house.

I sung the rest of my lyrics and hurriedly made my way back home, Lauren greeting me at the door. I excitedly trapped her in my embrace and she happily exchanged a kiss with me.

"I organized a party bus for us to celebrate. It's just going to be us and the girls but if you want to invite anyone else, go ahead." Lauren pulled away and I furrowed my eyebrows at the mention of a celebration.

"What are we celebrating?" I questioned and Lauren smiled, turning around to avoid my eyes.

"I convinced management to let you join the tour. I said we'd both get more publicity and they immediately complied but I might have over exaggerated your ability to multi-task. They want you to be the lead guitarist in our new tour band and they also want you to perform new music while you're with us." Lauren faced me and offered a small smile but I slapped my hands on the sides of my head in disapproval.

"Lauren I would love being able to spend more time with you but I only have one new song. I can learn how to play your setlist, it's just my own music that's the problem." I plopped down on the couch and Lauren straddled me, kissing my forehead lovingly.

"You can cover songs and every time you write a new one, perform it. I'll help you write too! Please come on tour with me, the girls would love having you tag along. You make everything ten times more fun. And I've already wasted my money on drinks and rented the bus, it's too late for you to say no." Lauren sat on my lap with both her legs on my sides and I laid my head back, my hands gently gripping her waist.

"I can invite anyone I want?" I asked with an eyebrow raised and Lauren nodded, moving away to sit beside me. Smiling deviously, I pulled out my phone and sent a text to a very special person before returning my attention to my outfit.

"I need to dress to impress."

-

"Alright is everyone here?" Lauren whispered in my ear and I looked at the twenty people aboard on the bus.

"Jojo, Jasmine V., Bea Miller, Cara Delevigne, Shay Mitchell, Mahogany Lox, Shawn Mendes, Jacob Whitesides.........we're missing one more girl." I placed my hands in my pockets and Lauren's mouth turned into an O. She lightly shoved me and bit her lip to contain herself from screaming but I scowled at her which made her stop throwing a tantrum.

"You said I could invite anyone." I reminded Lauren and she grabbed my face, leaning in to whisper in my ear.

"I didn't mean Selena fucking Gomez-" I put my finger over Lauren's lips and she bit my finger, causing me to screech in pain. I quickly composed myself when Selena walked through the bus doors and Lauren put on a fake smile, her teeth showing and the crinkles around her eyes seeming over exaggerated. Selena exchanged a kiss on the cheek with everyone on the bus, including Lauren who did her best not to cringe. Then Selena took a seat beside Lauren and I's three seater which didn't fit well with Lauren at all.

"Lauren tone down your fakeness." I secretly whispered and Lauren stopped smiling and began to conversate with the two actresses in front of her. Selena smiled and grabbed my hand when the bus came to a jolting stop, Lauren instantly glaring at her. Dinah laughed and blasted music on her stereo to break the awkward silence, Camila stealing Selena away from me. Ally went to the back and returned with shot glasses along with a bottle of tequila which caught everyone's attention. We all took a shot together as a group before looking outside of our windows to see that we were stuck in traffic.

Without a word spoken between any of us, Ally climbed on Normani's shoulders to open the emergency exit on the bus, successfully doing it without an alarm going off. I helped Lauren climb on top of the roof of the bus as well, accidentally looking up at her dress. My breath hitched at the sight of her matching black thong but I averted my eyes from her until she was completely on the roof. After the five girls had become visible to the surrounding cars, people cheered and rolled down their windows to shout. Dinah brought up her stereo and blasted one of their songs, singing along to the music as strangers around them bumped along to it. I stared at Lauren, seeing her in her element but I was distracted by a kiss being planted on my cheek. I gulped and turned to look at Selena, her eyes gazing into mine. My heart was racing extremely fast but Selena didn't stop there, she took it further by kissing my jaw and I closed my eyes, enjoying the moment.

Now it was Jasmine's turn to steal Selena away from me. Jasmine angrily stared at me and I slapped myself for forgetting about my relationship with Lauren.

"You told me to remember the slogan but you can't even remember it yourself. What a hypocrite." Lauren's voice appeared beside me and I reached for her, only for her to look straight ahead to avoid my eyes. I swallowed thickly and sat beside her, cupping her face in my hands.

"I'm sorry Lauren. I'm yours. It just slipped my mind for a quick second, okay? We're going on tour together, you have me to yourself for months, so let's not spend our time being angry with each other." I said gently and Lauren turned her head slowly. "I'm sorry baby, I really am." I cooed and Lauren groaned, being unable to resist my apology.

"It's time for us to let the whole social media world know that Y/N will be joining Fifth Harmony on tour! Let's tweet it together!" Normani shouted and everyone furiously typed in their phones.

"I need a picture of us kissing." Lauren lifted her phone up and I connected our lips, moaning softly into her mouth. She pulled away after taking a montage of photos and I counted down from five, eagerly waiting for all the good publicity to come.

"Five, four, three, two, one!" Everyone on the bus tapped their phone and I cheered, pouring everyone a shot to drink.

"To fame." Lauren raised her glass and I smiled, "To fame."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 86K 48
"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them." -Ernest Hemmingway
108K 3.4K 31
Read and find out
37.1K 1.9K 54
Your heart was empty, it has been for 15 years and you kept coming back to that same old place you were told to stay. You knew that nobody will come...
147K 3.6K 26
Read and find out 🙃