The Storm Ignites || Johnny S...

By X-Lisa-Anne-X

Two years have gone by. Reed and Sue are getting married, Ben and Alisha are still happily together. As for... More

Two Years
Airports & Planes
Keeping Busy
Wedding Planning and The General
The Sensor
The Big Day
Silver Surfer?
Changing Molecules?
Away from this Life?
The London Eye
Victor Von Doom
The Bar Talk
A Tachyon Pulse
Board Disconnection
Our Last Hours?
The End is Here
Fifth Times the Charm
BONUS - Along the Way
FINAL AUTHORS NOTE
To Have and to Hold
TheWattys2016

Prisoners

4.5K 133 10
By X-Lisa-Anne-X

Fantastic 5: Rise of the Silver Surfer | The Storm Ignites | Prisoners

Jakutsk, Siberia.

It was way past dark by the time the next destination had arrived; one of which the Surfer would be help in a cell as well as his powerful board. The weather was frosty and snow was everywhere, there were mountains surrounding the three large domes that were used as bases.

The Fantastic Five were still stuck in their transport while the Military dealt with the Surfer by dragging him slowly towards the middle dome – two men had to lug the alien in by the arms, his feet dragging on the snowy ground. Silver chains that not even the strongest man could get out of were tightly secured around his body from both the waist, down to his hands and feet. There was no way he was getting out of that, even in the alien's best shape.

There were men in snow gear, all holding their weapons up tensely – almost as if they were ready to fire at any point should the alien start struggling to be freed. Dogs barked harshly, never staying quiet as the unknown being passed them.

This place seemed more like a death camp than an American Military Base.

The Five could only watch with uncertainty as the grey man disappeared within the complex, not knowing what could happen to him next.

...

"But General!" Reed exclaimed, his face red with anger, "We had an agreement!" The General was flat-out refusing to let either him or his sister further question the Surfer, or even get permission to just make sure that no extreme measures were being used during interrogations. June, on the other hand, was clenching her fists with much more anger - but also the hatred for this man was growing. She should have known this would happen – the bastard had brought the scum of the Earth back into their lives even after all the man had done, brought him back into play where he could do anything he damn well wanted.

The word, 'seething' would be the understatement of the Century.

"Calm down." The General ordered, looking at Reed. "The enemy has been captured – mission accomplished." But it was more than that, everyone knew full-well.

June narrowed her eyes, "Where is he?" Regarding towards the Surfer. There were so many bad scenarios going on around her head. Mostly, it's because of the Military and this man who gets to say what happens to the alien. Her gut churned badly.

"Contained." The man simply stated, not reacting as he gave a vague answer ... but all he did was confirm June's fear.

Without even getting another chance to talk, four people appeared behind the General – standing in the doorway to the room the Fantastic Five had been offered during their stay. "General." The front man spoke, getting the General to twist around in his spot. The man was of Military, but the three guys behind were not.

A slowly formed grin appeared on the General's lips, "Mr. Sherman." He greeted, recognising the man in the middle with a black briefcase held to his side. Two men looking as though they were bodyguards were standing behind. The General turned back to the Five momentarily, "If you'll excuse us ... we have work to do." Was all he said before he turned, ready to lead Mr. Sherman towards the alien that's locked up in his cell.

June took a step forwards in an attempt to stop his changed mind, "I want to be there for the questioning." She requested in a hard tone, not trusting the man ... he was going to do something completely barbaric, she could just feel it.

The General just glanced over his shoulder once, "That's not going to happen." He countered, not budging. He turned towards the Military man that had brought Mr. Sherman and his guards over, "Please make sure our guests remain here comfortably."

In other words; 'Keep them in this room, use brute force if necessary'

"Yes, sir."

And the door shut on the Fantastic Five – now technicallybeing held prisoner by their own country's Military.

...

A little while later, everyone was either sat down or pacing about in the room. There was literally nothing to do, and they were bored. But not only that, horrible visions kept haunting them as to what the General might be planning for the alien June believed that wasn't really causing all this miss-hysteria.

Johnny finally glanced up at the security camera, the one that's had its beady eye trained on their every move. He frowned, finally catching on to what everyone else had already figured out, "Are we prisoners?"

"Yes, Johnny." June told him bluntly, nodding her head as she continued to stare at the closed door. "The fact that we're stuck inside this room and unable to walk freely around the base should have made everyone realise it." She rested her head in her hand, trying to figure out a way that they might be able to talk to the Surfer.

Johnny chuckled in an unbelievable manner, "How did that happen?" Not understanding why them of all people were being locked up – he could imagine that Victor wasn't receiving the same treatment as them. He and the General seemed to be very buddy-buddy since Day 1.

Reed was standing, staring at the world map plastered on the wall. They actually seemed to be stuck in some kind of large storage space with a small table and a few chairs. Boxes were stacked along the wall. "Apparently," Reed began, turning around towards everything this time, "They don't want us interfering with their ... methods." Having a hard time coming to grips that he could imagine what those methods might entail.

Sue shook her head, "I can't even imagine what they're doing to him in there." Sympathy in her eyes for the alien.

June could guess and imagine perfectly what the General might have either condoned or ordered. She sighed, shaking her head, not able to rid the images from her mind, "They'll be using the worst methods the Military knows. If they can torture terrorists without a blink of an eye ... then an alien in their grasp will be much worse. I'm sure experimentation will be on the long list if we don't do something soon."

Ben was probably the only one who didn't feel that torture was quite enough, "Well, I say he gets what he deserved." He still believed that this Surfer is the cause of their Earth ending. Maybe now that he's been captured ... the end of the world will never? At least, not anytime soon.

June looked up at him, gobsmacked, "How the hell can you even say that?" Her eyes were narrowed towards him this time. It Victor were the one being tortured and/or experimented on ... she's say, 'Hell yeah' along with him. But she believed that this Surfer wasn't the entire person whose intent on destroying their world. She believed this to be bigger than they thought ... much bigger.

Having several craters crafted to the core of Earth was a plan for something bigger ... much bigger than an alien riding a surfboard.

Ben raised his hands in defence, "I'm just saying, J." He started, "The General might be right about this one. The guy was about to destroy the planet ... he said so himself."

"But he didn't." June countered with a shake of her head, sitting up in her chair to look at her brother's best friend seriously. "He said, and I quote, 'I am not the destroyer' ... and the way he said it..." Remembering back to how the alien reacted when she asked the question, "...I believe him." She admitted honestly.

"And besides," She continued, looking at everyone this time, "If he were going to destroy the world ... why would he even bother to protect me from the missile? If he was going to destroy the world, why keep me out of harm if I'm just going to die in a matter of days anyway?" Proving her point to the 'T'.

"Maybe he thinks your cute?" Johnny's jaw clenched as he flopped himself into a seat opposite his girlfriend, jealousy running through his veins at his own horrible thought.

Reed shook his head, "There's a lot more going on here." Thinking along the same lines as his sister. Thinking back to both the Surfer's words, and his sisters back in the forest. "He said he wasn't the destroyer." A lot of thought could be read from his features.

"Uh, maybe he lied?" Ben drawled, but he could see where June was coming from. Her argument had some very strong points. But even then, he knew 'bad-people' could lie through their teeth. Just look at Victor both now and two years ago, they almost died because of it back then.

"No." June retorted in a hard voice, sick of him not listening but an idea finally came to mind. "We need to talk to him again ... I need to talk to him again," She looked over to Sue, "But, under the radar." Knowing that Sue's power could get them close to the Surfer when the General and his lackey's would never know.

Sue was on board with the plan; she nodded her head and started getting up with her.

Johnny didn't like the sound of this plan at all ... he didn't want June out of his sight - but he said nothing, not wanting to let her think of him as over protective. There were a few occasions in the past that didn't exactly go his way when it came to something like that.

But he trusted that she knew what she was doing ... and what she believed when it came to this Surfer. He'd be on her side no matter what anyway.

...

Outside, in the corridor; there was a man standing beside the room where the Fantastic Five were being held in. He was on guard and his head turned towards the door just as it opened – and Johnny poked out a little, a space between his body and the door where he knew Sue and June would be sneaking out undetected.

"Hey," Johnny grinned, looking towards the man – Ben could be seen from behind, his arms crossed against his chest with a hard look plastered on his face, "Is there, uh, any way we can get some DVD's?" He inquired, "Popcorn, maybe? Or at least, something to just pass the time?"

The Military man nodded, "I'll call it in, Mr. Storm."

"Great, thank you!" Johnny faked a relieved notion. He sent another grin, his gut knowing the girls were now in the hallway, "Semper Fi." Not realizing that he used the wrong terminology towards the soldier.

The Military man knew, however. "That's the Marine Corps." He corrected. "We're the army." Making Johnny take a double-take.

"Ah," Johnny blinked, getting what the man was saying, "Right, yes ... I'll remember that for next time." He sent off a mock salute before slowly shutting the door again and the Military guard set off on his journey down the hallway to put in the request made by Johnny Storm.

He never knew that Sue and June watched him go, completely invisible to the naked eye.

...

When June and Sue arrived outside the room where the Surfer was being held, the blonde made a little see-through hole in the wall so they could see the inside secretly. And with what they saw – Sue gasped and June couldn't help but flinch at the method that was being used on the alien. They were using the resuscitation electrical-charged devices on him, but he was still very much alive during the whole process.

"We need to get in there." June said in a low whisper, they needed to slip inside the door while it's open. But with luck, it seemed like everyone was forming out of the room – about to leave the Surfer on his own. When one of the soldier's held the door open for that small man they saw earlier – Mr. Sherman. The two women sneaked inside, still invisible of course – but made sure to make their moves quickly and quietly so not to raise any suspicions.

Once the final man had left the room, the Surfer looked up from where he was strapped. He was attached to a brown leather experimentation bed, thick straps holding his body down in four different places. "I know you are there." He spoke quietly, his eyes darting around the room. He could feel the radiating power and the main one he could feel came from that female he talked to before being struck by the energy pulse.

Sue removed the invisibility from herself and June before standing guard almost, making sure that if anyone were to come near the room – she'd know when to put the spell back up.

June stepped up onto the circle plating on the ground, the one that was just a bit higher than the base flooring. She was silent for a moment, almost observing to see if the Military had done anything to physically hurt him – as in leaving hard marks over his body. But he seemed fine, for now...

"What's your name?" She asked softly with a curiousness in her voice, wanting him to trust her. But she got nothing – only silence and a stare-down. "Come on," June sighed, she knew they didn't exactly have much time alone with him – time was really of the essence today. "You MUST have a name – every person does, human or not."

She pointed towards her chest, "I'm June." She introduced, hoping that he'd do the same.

But still ... nothing.

She tried another tactic, "You said before in the forest that you weren't the one trying to destroy our world ... then who is?"

Finally, he spoke. "The one I serve." He spoke in vague.

"And, who do you serve?" June tried to push gently, this was the information she needed for the team to realize that her thoughts were true.

But again ... he said nothing.

June finally let out a breath of frustration, "Look, I'm trying really hard here to help you right now!" She exclaimed, but made sure to keep her voice down, "But in order for me to even do that job properly, I need you to tell me the truth." She looked into his eyes light brown eyes with a beg in her own, "Please."

The Surfer just stared at her for a moment, and all he could sense was nothing but the truth. His decision had been made as his eyes shut, focusing all his energy towards his stomach region – attempting and successfully being able to produce an image from his own mind, using his own body as some sort of a screen.

June blinked with surprise, noticing his stomach shift while an imagine appeared on it. She watched as something, almost like a world show up in the motioned image – but this didn't look like the ones she's ever seen out there in the Universe through her telescope. It was blacked like coal, red spurts of heat and liquid that almost looked like lava spouted out of its core. It appeared to be a dying planet of that was a good way she could really describe it.

It pulsed like a heartbeat, but even June could figure out this thing wasn't good.

"It is known by many names but my people called it 'Galactus - The Devourer of Worlds'." The Surfer narrated, opening his eyes once again to looked upon the brunette. "It must feed on energy to survive," June eyes slowly went up to meet his again, "Both thermal ... and organic."

June finally turned horrified, her heart sinking, "How can you even willingly serve this thing?" She questioned. There had to be a massively good reason for even considering doing something like that.

"Because I must." He stated bluntly, now looking away in order to rid his memory of her horrified eyes.

June just wasn't buying that, "But doesn't it bother you?" She continued, wanting a full answer this time, "You've basically aided in destroying dozens of worlds and innocent people. There has to be a bigger reason other than, 'Because I must'!"

"My service..." He started, his soul becoming pained, "...spares MY world-" He looked back into her eyes, longing drifting into them, "-and the one I love."

And that was it – June understood after a second of reflection. Because honestly, she probably would have done the same if it meant everyone she loved staying alive, especially those closest to her heart. "Why did you protect me?" She asked after a moment, the one thing that's been bugging her mind ever since it happened. "I could have easily dealt with the missile myself." She could have frozen it in the middle of it's ride in a millisecond, making it blow up before it even reached anywhere near them.

The Surfer was silent for a moment, his eyes dazing for a second, "Because ... you remind me of her." His love was built with courage, thought and beauty – she put others before herself and just like June – she looks outside the picture to reveal what's inside. And just like his love ... June had a big heart under her sleeve, and she wore it within her true-spoken words.

June smiled slightly at that and to comfort him, she reached forwards and gripped his tied up hand – as if wanting him to know that she understood everything he was doing now and that she didn't fully blame him.

Suddenly the sound of a door opening sounded and Sue instantly threw up the invisibility shields again. June realized instantly what had happened when she noticed her hand disappearing, she kept her hand within the Surfer's own for a moment. The Military man that had originally been on guard for the room came over to the glass window – the hallway was in full view and so was he.

June registered that she had to hurry up, so turning back to the Surfer, she asked, "Could you stop the destroyer if you wanted to?" Her voice was low, almost to the sound of a whisper.

The Surfer was still able to see the outline of her, now getting the feel for the power, "It is not I who draws the destroyer here." He explained, looking at her, "It is the beacon." His voice was also low, trying to make it seem like he was just talking to himself – especially when the soldier outside narrowed his eyes in suspicion. He knew the moment he felt the two women hiding under the shield that they were not even supposed to be here.

He, at least, felt the need to protect June, at least.

June frowned, "What's the beacon?" Trying to figure out for herself what it could be if it wasn't the alien himself.

"The source of my power." The answer sparked in her.

"Your board." She perceived. Of course it was, the thing practically bleeds power every second – it's why she was able to find the Surfer with her sensor back on the wedding day so easily.

The Surfer nodded slowly with confirmation, glancing towards the soldier still looking towards him. He looked at her once more with a feeling of sorrow in his tone and features, "Take joy in the last few hours you have left ... for he is nearly here."

Now, June really didn't like the sound of that time line.

A Few Hours!

That's not good at all.

Note: We're so close to the end Ladies and Gentlemen ... about three to five chapters left I imagine ... including a BONUS chapter to see into Johnny and June's future.

The next chapter will be a big one (In more ways than one) and should be up within a couple of days!

Let me know what you guys think!

Lisa.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.2K 1.6K 13
When mysterious happenings occur all around the globe, Maggie and the Fantastic Five are asked to find out what's happening. But with Reed and Susan'...
49.8K 3.5K 120
MY FUTURE HUSBAND - BOOK FOUR: PART TWO, IN THE FORBIDDEN LUST SERIES DO NOT READ THIS BOOK FIRST!!!! "It was you... it was you all along..." May Pa...
Flame On By <333

Fanfiction

43.8K 1.4K 14
Johnny Storm x Reader Y/n Richards renowned scientist and sister of Reed Richards Mr Fantastic. Working with the fantastic four proves difficult esp...
83.2K 2.1K 24
Valerie Von Doom is the scientific sister of the famous Victor Von Doom. He was the figurehead of his company while she advised from the sidelines. V...