Dream Demons are People Too

By DaisukeYoshida

It's been four years since the end of Weirdmaggedon and Bill is back and ready to wreck havoc! He decides to... More

Welcome Readers!
Chapter One: Tourist Trap and a Dream Demon's Return
Chapter Three: Truth Sap Part 2
Chapter Four: My Home is Where the Triangle is...
Author's Note/Contest
Chapter Five: deCiphering Spence
Chapter Six: We'll Meet Again Some Sunny Day...
Trouble in the Home

Chapter Two: Truth Sap Part 1

28 0 0
By DaisukeYoshida

Bill's POV:

I sat at the kitchen table, kicking my feet back and forth as I waited for Shooting Star to make me pancakes. Who knew that human food tasted sooooo good? Shooting Star and Pine Tree entered a few moments later and they got to work making the pancakes. Pine Tree got out the ingredients and Shooting Star mixed them together before throwing them in the pan. I watched intently as she added a bunch of chocolate chips into the mix. I wondered how that would taste.

"Hey Spence," Stan called, walking into the room and breaking my daydreaming.

"Yes, boss?" I asked, turning to face him.

"When you kids are done with breakfast I had some shelves that I wanted you to stock full of scams-I mean artifacts!" He quickly corrected himself. I nodded.

"Alright. You got it, boss!" I exclaimed with a grin. Stan left the room and I turned my attention back to the twins.

"Oh yeah, I forgot you were working for Stan." Pine Tree frowned.

"Don't worry! We can still go mystery hunting! It won't take long the stock the shelves with scams." I replied with a grin. Pine Tree smiled and Shooting Star slammed a stack of pancakes down onto the table in front of me. I poured some syrup on them and dug in. "Man! These taste even better than the ones you made yesterday!" I exclaimed, amazed at Shooting Star's cooking talents.

"Thanks." She replied, her face getting a little red. Huh? Why did her face get red? Must be a human thing.

After stocking the shack's shelves with scams I looked around for the twins. I saw them and was about to call out their names when I bumped into Red.

"Oh, hey! How's your first day of work in the shack?" She asked.

"Easier than I expected!" I replied, trying to keep an eye on the twins as they began to walk away. I was hoping Red wouldn't continue the conversation.

"Yeah, this job's pretty easy, isn't it?" She asked. I nodded, hoping to speed things along. "So how's Stan been treating you?" She continued.

"Oh he's a pretty nice guy. At first I thought he wasn't going to let me stay here and now I'm rooming with Dipper and stocking shelves with scams. Funny how fast things go, huh?" I answered. I glanced behind Red but I didn't see the twins. "Hey, not to change the topic or anything, but have you seen Dipper and Mabel? I was supposed to meet up with them. We were going to go mystery hunting when I finished stocking."

"Oh! I think I saw them over there. Dipper's still into mysteries, huh? Some things never change. Well, I'll see you around." I turned to leave. "Hey, what was your name? I don't think I ever caught it." Red called.

"And I don't think I caught yours. My name is Spence, and yours is-" I asked, even though I already knew. Being an all-knowing Dream Demon had its advantages.

"Wendy. I guess I'll see you around then."

"Yep, see you around." I replied and ran off to find the twins.

I eventually caught up to them. They were whispering about something when I walked up. Shooting Star's face was red again. They hadn't noticed me yet.

"...........Spence.........." I heard them mention my human name but that was about it.

"Hey guys!" I called as I walked up to them. Pine Tree shifted around awkwardly a bit.

"Hey Spence!" Shooting Star shouted, waving as I walked over. "Guess what Dipper just told me!" She sang.

"No! Mabel! Don't!" Pine Tree exclaimed.

"What did he tell you?" I asked, curious.

"He told me-" She was cut off by her brother as he whispered something in her ear. "Oh, never mind." She laughed it off.

"So we were uh going to go mystery hunting?" Pine Tree said, changing the subject.

"Yep," I said with a nod. "What kind of creature are we looking for?" I asked, looking at his journal over his shoulder. He tensed up a bit when I got close to him. Had he figured me out this quickly into the game? No, that couldn't be it. I had to have thrown him off by asking about 'Spence' in his dream last night.

"Not a creature, actually." He replied. "There's supposed to be this pond in the middle of the woods. The journal says if you look into it you can make a wish and it'll come true."

"A wish, eh? No offense Dipper, but doesn't that sound too good to be true?" I asked. "Just like one of those fairy tales."

"Yeah, but I thought it was worth a look around." Pine Tree replied a little defensively.

"Alright, whatever you say. You've got the journal with all the weird paranormal nonsense in it, am I right?"

(A/N: In case you're wondering: Ford rewrote the three journals from memory, since we all know that Bill burned them to a crisp during Weirdmageddon, and he lets Dipper borrow them.)

We started our journey and after a while my human body was growing tired. I stopped and sat on a log. The twins joined me a few seconds later.

"How far into the woods is this pond?" I asked.

"I'm not too sure." Pine Tree replied, frowning.

"Hey, what's this?" I asked, pointing at some glowing sap that even I hadn't seen before.

"Hm. There's nothing in the journal explaining what it is." Pine Tree looked closer at it.

"Maybe someone should touch it?" Shooting Star suggested.

"On it!" I replied and stuck a finger in it.

"Wait! We don't know what it does yet!" Pine Tree exclaimed. I popped my finger into my mouth.

"Well it tastes good." I replied with a shrug.

"What if it's poisonous!?" Pine Tree said, panicking a little.

"Hey, calm down. I don't think it's poisonous." I said with a grin.

"Are you sure?" He asked, uncertainly.

"Am I falling over dead or foaming at the mouth?" I asked.

"Well, no."

"See! I'm fine!"

Shooting Star stuck her finger in the sap and popped her finger in her mouth too before her brother could protest.

"Mmm! That does taste good!" She exclaimed.

"I wonder what it does." I thought out loud. "Anyway, what were you two talking about earlier? I'm curious." I said, leaning forward a bit.

"Nothing!" Pine Tree exclaimed.

"Definitely nothing about how hot you are." Shooting Star said and put a hand over her mouth to stop herself.

"Huh?" I asked, not expecting that as an answer.

"I didn't mean to say that!" She exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" Pine Tree asked.

"I was going to say something else but that came out instead!" She replied.

"What, like you couldn't lie or something?" I asked.

"Yeah! Exactly!"

"Mabel, I'll ask you a couple of questions and you respond with lies. That will confirm whether or not you're unable to lie." Pine Tree said, pulling out a pen and flipping to an empty page of the journal to scribble down a few notes.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"Seventeen." She replied truthfully.

"Favorite color?"

"Rainbow."

"Were you the one who ate the rest of my candy bar last week?"

"Yes......"

"Ha! I knew it was you!" Pine Tree exclaimed.

"So I really can't lie?" Shooting Star asked, looking a little concerned. I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. If Shooting Star couldn't lie, then how would that sap affect me?

"When do you think this stuff will wear off?" I asked a little nervously.

"Probably when it runs through your system." Pine Tree replied.

"And how long will that take?"

"Probably a day or two depending on how fast you digest food."

Uh-oh.

(A/N: Sorry this chapter was so short. I wanted to end it with a cliffhanger. *insert evil laugh* I drew the picture for this chapter. I hope you like it. The picture really doesn't have anything to do with the story. It's just Dipper being crazy. Until next time.........)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 3.8K 26
Weirdmegedon doesn't end well. Bill is able to take over the falls very easily and the rest of the world is soon to come. Mabel must make final quick...
11.5K 246 21
[ Discontinued ] Dipper was never a normal child he had always been a bit disturbed. After there eventful summer in Gravity Falls Dipper came to a re...
68.8K 2.3K 37
When teenage boy Bill Cipher wakes up without a clue of where he is, who he is, or what he is, he's got a bit of a problem. His blurry memories begin...
127K 4.5K 20
Dipper and Mabel Pines. The perfect mystery twins, always together and ready for more. But when we grow, we change and someday we all go separate way...