Don't Fall for Me

By juliannav135

I was doing just fine my junior year of high school. I mean I did pick fights once in a while and my grades w... More

Part 1: I Stole His Motorcycle
Part 2: Don't Fall for Me
Part 3: Prom?
Part 4: Got it
Part 5: Forbidden from Prom
Part 7: Get Out!
Part 8: Burning Jealousy, Shattered Pearls
Part 9: Did You Just Kiss Me?
Part 10: Wrong Number
Part 11: Careful Angel
Part 12: Drowning
Part 13: Falling
Part 14: Mother
Part 15: Finn and the Devil
Part 16: Angel vs. Devil
Part 17: Do as I Say
Part 18: Date
Part 19: Fix It
Part 20: I Stole His Motorcycle Again
Part 21: Crash
Part 22: An Old iPod
Part 23: Feathered Tattoo
Part 24: Roses are Red...
Part 25: Not What it Looks Like
Part 26: His Game
Part 27: Think About it Angel
Part 28: Good Riddance Jerk
Part 29: All Aliens Return to Space
Part 30: Spin the Bottle
Part 31: Roommates?
Part 32: Honeymoon
Part 33: I Hate Ryker
Part 34: A Picture Lasts Longer
Part 35: New Tattoos
Part 36: Not Him
Part 37: Mine
Part 38: I'm Dreaming Right?
Part 39: See You Around
Part 40: It's Not Me, It's You
Part 41: I've Fallen For You
Part 42: Ryker's Song
Part 43: Xander's True Love
Part 44: What You Do Best
Part 45: Take Her
Part 46: Sorry Won't Cut It
Part 47: Make You Jealous
Part 48: Xander's Date
Epilogue: 5 Years Later
Bonus Part: Ryker and Eve's Wedding
NEWS

Part 6: Two-Strings

13.1K 500 137
By juliannav135

One word. Monday.

I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock at least three times before my mom screamed for me to wake up. She was leaving now and wanted to make sure I got up for school. I yelled back that I was up.

I slid out of bed and grabbed my phone. Yesterday's events replayed through my mind and I was instantly put in a bad mood. Prom was this Friday and I wasn't allowed to go.

I plugged headphones in my ears. Ryker's voice penetrated through the ear phones and I found myself bobbing my head to the beat of the song while I got ready for school.

I had downloaded one of Two-Strings albums after I had first discovered them online. I hated to admit it, but they were really good.

Believe me, I wished Ryker wasn't in the band at all, let alone the lead singer, but I couldn't deny that I actually enjoyed their music.

After throwing on another band shirt and pair of jeans, I headed downstairs to make myself a sandwich for breakfast. It wasn't the best breakfast, but it would do.

I drove to school with headphones still in my ears, blasting Two-Strings. I drummed my fingers against the steering wheel as I waited at a red light.

When I got to school, I was one of the last to enter first period English. I sat down next to Xander in the seats we've been sitting in all year. He looked happy. At least one of us was, I thought.

Xander knew not to talk to me when I had headphones on. It usually meant that I was not in a good mood, so when he pulled one out, I warned, "Xander-"

Instead of warm, brown eyes that I had expected to see, my eyes clashed with a pair of cold, blue ones.

"What are you listening to?" Ryker asked, sliding the headphone in his ear.

I just about died. He pressed his cheek against mine so the headphone would reach him. Then he started humming along to the recording of him singing.

I shoved my hand between our cheeks, grabbed my headphone out of his ear, and shoved him away from me. Ryker collided with Xander's desk and his eyes electrified.

Hannah dashed over and wrapped her arms around his. She gave me a disdainful look, flipping her blond hair over her shoulder and dragged Ryker back over to their desks. He stared at me the whole way back.

Xander nudged me with his foot.

"What was that all about?" He questioned.

My cheeks flamed and I shrugged. He kicked me harder.

"Fine, he's in a band and I was listening to his music. He caught me," I muttered, shielding my face with my hair.

Mr. Duncan walked in the room, cutting our conversation short. A few minutes later, a note landed on my desk. I looked around the room and thought it must have been from Hannah again. Rolling my eyes, I uncrumpled the piece of paper and read it.

Masculine handwriting was scrawled across the note.

"The Hangout -  Two-Strings tonight @ 7. See you there"

Ryker shifted in his seat, twisting his head towards mine. He quirked an eyebrow. I wanted to smack it off his cocky face.

It was like he was mocking me. There was no way I was going to see his band play tonight, no matter how good they were. Ryker didn't have to rub it in my face.

I stuck my tongue out at him, real mature I know.

"Care to share with the class, Ms. Cross?" Mr. Duncan accused.

"No, sir," I said.

The glass giggled. Ryker smirked at me. I shot him a look of pure hatred. Xander just shook his head at us.

I tore the note in a million pieces and sprinkled them all over my desk. This day needed to end soon.

~*~*~*~

"Eve! You're home early!" My mom shouted, surprised, from the kitchen.

"No I'm not?"

I stopped at the threshold of the kitchen. A man, a little older than my mom, was standing close to her, almost too close. He had salt and pepper hair and brown eyes. This guy was at least a foot taller than my mom. He straightened his polo shirt and cleared his throat.

"Eve, I can explain," my mom rushed.

I stared.

"Is this what you've been doing when you were gone all day? Were you really at work all those times? Or were you meeting up with this man? Do you have no respect for dad at all!" I screamed, throwing my arms in the air.

For the first time in a while, tears streamed freely down my cheeks. I ran out of the room and slammed my door shut behind me. I threw myself on my bed, bawling.

My mom was dating another man. And it wasn't dad. It had looked like they were just making out in the kitchen the three of us used to eat dinner in together.

"X," I cried into the phone.

"Eve? What's wrong? Are you okay?" He panicked.

"M-my mom is w-with another man!"

"Oh jeez, Eve. I'm coming to pick you up right now," the line went dead as he hung up.

I must have looked like a mess when he finally arrived. I had worn a smidge of mascara to school today and it was probably running down my face.

I didn't care.

I didn't check to see if the man was still with my mom. I ran out the front door without telling her I was leaving. Xander pushed open the passenger side door of his car from where he was sitting.

I collapsed in the seat. Xander pulled out of my driveway and I yanked down the mirror from the ceiling of the car.

Wordlessly, Xander handed me a napkin. I wiped the running mascara off my face then blew my nose in it.

"Attractive," Xander muttered, amused.

"Shut up."

Xander parked the car in a packed parking lot. He undid his seatbelt and reached over the console to pop mine off, too.

"Where are-" the words died on my lips as I read the neon sign blazing on the building.

The Hangout

"X, what are we doing here?"

He shrugged, "I figured a place like this would take your mind off of things. I know you like this type of music."

"No no no. Ryker's band is playing here tonight. I'm not going in there," I refused.

"I have to go pick Riley up from tennis practice soon, so unless you wanna stick around while we make out in the back seat-"

I was out of the car before he could finish. I mentally gagged. Him and Riley seemed to be getting really close.

Xander drove off to pick up Riley and I was stranded at The Hangout. I checked the time on my phone. Ryker's band wouldn't be on for another twenty minutes.

I walked in the club for teenagers and felt a little self conscious. I never felt self conscious so why was I feeling so now?

Maybe it was because my eyes were puffy and red or because I hadn't paid attention at what I had put on when Xander told me he was coming to pick me up. I sighed.

The club was dark, but various colors of strobe lights flashed all around. Music was blasting from speakers in the ceiling. Body's were gyrating to the music on the dance floor. A large stage was set up off to one side and a bar that served only sodas and water was on the other side of the room.

I recognized Dean, Tracey, and Hannah at the bar. I felt myself scanning the room for Finn before I could stop myself.

"Looking for someone?" a voice asked behind me.

I jumped, pressing a hand against my heart.

"Finn! You scared me!"

He chuckled, "Sorry, Evangeline."

He led me to the dance floor and we lost ourselves in the up beat music. I grinned at Finn while we danced and he returned my smile. His green eyes sparkled.

Drum sticks tapped against each other and the music slowed until it stopped. Finn and I stopped dancing to look at the stage.

Curtains were peeled back, revealing Two-Strings. Two guys were on guitars, one on drums, and one singer stood on the stage. A piercing set of blue eyes locked on mine.

I gasped.

"You alright?" Finn nudged me.

"Yeah," I said a little breathlessly.

Ryker looked so hot up on stage. I wanted to trace every tattoo on his arms and neck. His black tank top matched the color of his hair that was styled in a faux mohawk. A red bandana was tied around his head and a silver hoop pierced his lip.

He smirked as he saw me checking him out. I tore my eyes off of him, coughing into my hand. I leaned up to whisper into Finn's ear. Ryker's eyes narrowed on us.

"Finn, I need to go to the restroom. I'll be right back." I didn't give him a chance to protest or offer to go with me before I ran to where I thought the bathroom would be.

I found a door marked with the female sign and shoved the heavy door open. The awful smell clogged my nostrils as I stood in front of a mirror.

My face was pale and my gray eyes were wide open. I splashed water on my face, making myself snap out of it.

I just checked Ryker Avery out, and I had enjoyed it. I pinched myself.

No. I didn't just check him out and I didn't like it at all. I liked Finn and he liked me. I hurriedly left the bathroom so I couldn't think about it anymore. I returned next to Finn's side.

We jumped to Two-Lashes' songs along with most of the students who went to our school. After a few songs went by, Ryker said into the microphone, "This last song is dedicated to the most annoying girl on the planet," he held up a finger and pointed it right at me, "This is for you, Angel."

All eyes turned towards me. Jealously and envy wafted around the room, suffocating me. I don't know how they could be jealous of a dedication like that. I didn't want this attention from them or from Ryker.

I balled my hands into fists. No doubt Rkyer was going to make fun of me in any way that he could with this song.

Ryker began singing the song that he had caught me listening to in English class. I had thought that he would have written a song about me that he would mock me with.

Somehow, this was even worse. Especially since the song was called, "Don't Fall for Me." Why did he feel it necessary to make it a point that I wasn't allowed to fall in love with him? I was never going to. And who did he get to say who I fell in love with?

I was so done with him. I put my head down and shoved my way through the crowd towards the stage. Teenagers got angry and pushed me back, but I kept going. Finn's protests died behind me.

I didn't stop until I was on the stage with Two-Strings. The drummer and guitarists stopped playing. Ryker sang on with an amused smirk on his face.

I ripped the microphone out of his hand to get him to shut up. He raised an eyebrow.

I turned to the crowd, lifting the microphone to my lips. Finn looked shocked, just about everyone did, except Ryker.

Strong hands grasped my shoulders and spun me around to face Ryker. He whispered in my ear, "I thought I told you to stay away from me."

"You're the one who told me to come here!" I shouted.

"Shh. You're causing a scene," he hushed, "And what the hell are you even wearing?"

I threw the microphone on the ground as hard as I could. A sharp, shrieking sound blasted from the speakers. The audience covered their ears. Ryker didn't even flinch.

"Let go of me, jerk!" I yelled.

He dropped his hands from my shoulders. I started to turn away and get the hell of the stage when he said, "Wait. You owe me."

I spun around, incredulous. My jaw dropped. Was he serious?

"Come hold the microphone for me while I sing the rest of the songs," he demanded.

I was humiliated, but if I walked off the stage now, it was like admitting defeat. I swooped down and plucked the microphone off the ground.

I smiled, far from angel-like and held the microphone up to his face.

"Sing away, Ryker Avery." I saluted him with my middle finger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 42 18
Jordy feels like she has met the love of her life and everything is almost as if taken out of a fairytale, especially after Archer Finn confronts her...
675K 28K 59
Elijah Reed is my enemy, uh I mean neighbor. He gives a whole new meaning to the term "bad boy" and I would like nothing better than for him to leave...
31.9K 1K 28
"I told you to leave me alone. Are you stalking me?" I asked the little shits. "Of course not! Rude much?" Noah gasped, his hand over his heart. "I a...
68.5K 3.4K 59
Highest Ranking: #63 in Teen Fiction •Completed• "You look pretty fine in those jeans, but you'd look even finer without them." He inched closer to...