The Road to Bethyl {Slow Upda...

By hxrrys_bxbe

This story is promoting BETH + DARYL. I am using the same characters from The amazing show, The Walking Dead... More

Bethyl: The start.
Absent or Present?
The Night of the Nightmare
R.I.P Beth
Should I continue?
Twister.
Everything, I guess
I guess we are.
...
"All the way."
The aftermath.
Well? Get on.
Where's camp?
"About joining?"
Miss me?
Of a girl
Oh, shut up.
Eavesdropping??
Ugh.
...my one problem...
..Long for..
A little something
"Envious?"
Badass and Serious?
Sneak peek/early release/teaser
Eh sorry
Absolute Mayhem
mental breaks
{Abyss}
Him Visiting
Thoughts...
hello
Love????
Meeting
Stop, Daryl.
emotional day
looking back- discussion/reminder

Explaining!

828 32 13
By hxrrys_bxbe

Daryl's P.O.V.

I'm curious of this group. Ever since we arrived, I have wanted to know more about it. Especially since the scream that still, no one has explained. I want to know what kind of place Beth and I are staying at. I want to be safe. But more importantly, I want Beth to be safe. And if it takes me hanging out with Laney to figure this out, I will.

"And this is the west side of the camp, where all of the guards hang out when they're not guarding, naturally. And where some campers are. And training areas." Laney says, gesturing with her arms.

"Training areas?" I ask, a little interested.

"Yeah. We have to have people here to defend this camp. And every one needs to know how to defend themselves. So we teach them." She explains.

I suddenly figure that this beating around the bush thing was kind of going no where but getting me on the level of being able to be a tour guide. So I decide to be straight forward.

"Laney, wha-"

"Daryl. I like you." She interrupts.

I stand there shocked for a moment. I mean, not because I didn't know that she likes me. That was obvious. But the fact that I am a grown man and she, a grown woman. And she's here admitting she has a crush on me.

"Okay? And?" I ask bluntly. I can see it's not the response she was hoping for as her face falls.

"How do you feel towa-"

"I don't talk about my feelings to people who lie and cover up shit." I say. I figure that if I can make her feel like she has a way to get me to say I like her, she'll take it and spill about what happened the day of the scream.

"What are you talking about?" She says, shocked.

"You know what I'm talking about." I point at her. "You. You are hiding shit from me about this camp that I need to know."

"Daryl, I-"

"Don't you want me safe?" I ask incredulously. Guilt trip.

"Of course!"

"If you wanted me safe, you wouldn't hide things from me." Placing doubt in her mind.

"I d-"

"How do you expect me to know you if you constantly have a front up?" I ask. Mention what she wants.

With my technique all done and said, I stare at her and wait. It's bound to work. If it doesn't, I don't know what to do next.

"Okay, Daryl.." She mutters, getting a little emotional. "Okay."

I nod and she walks me across the west wing to the inner north wing. It's just a place with a trailer. I've never seen anyone enter or exit that trailer. So either it's not used or top secret.

She looks around at first, extremely cautious of anyone looking or watching. Then, when the coast is clear, she tugs on my arm and we bolt inside. She then silently closes the door.

"What's in here?" I ask.

"Proof for you to believe me." She says.

"What happened?" I ask.

Laney is silent for a minute, thinking to herself. Soundlessly making her way around to a chair, she takes a deep breath and closes her eyes.

"The day of the scream." She looks at me. "Tori Miner went with a group of five on a run and was attacked by a dead one when she was clearing a house. End of story."

I stay silent, not wanting to distract her from reliving this memory. I want every detail.

"At least, that's what the camp is told."

She gets up and pulls out a form. Laney sits back down and slides the paper in my direction. And when I get ahold of it, I see that it's a death certificate.

On the 'cause of death' line, it says exactly what Laney just stated. The camps view of it. I questioningly look at her.

"Peel the corner." She states. I take my finger and find that the corner has a paper attached. Like it is to be peeled apart. I pull it up and another paper makes an appearance. I read the cause of death on this certificate, but right away, I see is is clearly different. This copy says:

Cause of Death: Sacrifice

"What the hell?" I mutter. I look up at Laney to see her already staring at me.

"Tori Miner. Left with a group of ten. The group split up into two groups of five. One group was scavenging. The other was educated of a trading deal with another group. The Dorals. The deal went wrong, and the other group wanted a life. So she was sacrificed."

"How?" I ask.

"They took her weapons and handed her o-"

"No, I mean, how could you do this?" I ask.

"It's business."

"It's murder!" I counteract.

"It's for our safety!" She defends.

"If that's how you run this town, who's really safe here?"

She sits quietly. Not another word uttered until I decide that this is enough. I'm done with this messed up, fucking group. We're leaving.

"Exactly." I say. "I'm not safe here. No one is. And I'm le-"

I try to finish my statement, but I am cut off.

~•~•~•~

Beth's P.O.V.

My footsteps are raking through my whole body and maybe the whole camp. My fingernails are digging half moons into my palm. I get frustrated as I try to find my way to her and Daryl.

Because of course they're together.

I don't care if me and Daryl don't have a title. I couldn't give any less shits about it. The fact of the matter is, is that we both know he's mine. And I'm his. Anything and everything else doesn't matter at the moment.

I stomp around the camp for a while, searching with all this pent up anger for about an hour.

Where the hell are they? I scream in my head.

Just as I think this, I hear a woman screeching from what sounds like the center of camp. Then another. Then two deep, manly cries full of fear.

What the hell is going on?? I mentally scream again.

I walk in the direction of the screams, but after I hear a young, high pitch scream for someone he calls 'mommy', I burst into a full on sprint.

I run into several people who are running the opposite way. I would call them cowards, but of course I don't even know what's going on. My mind suddenly starts to race with possibilities of what could be happening.

Are we being attacked? Did someone turn? Is this someone murdering these people?

And then all I think is: I have to get there to help.

All my thoughts of Laney and Daryl together lose priority and I continue to run towards the ongoing ruckus.
But what I find when I arrive isn't what you classify as ruckus.
It is absolute mayhem.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Aye! I hoped you liked it! Maybe enough to vote and comment?? ;)))

I made this chapter long because of your patience and comments btw. Thx for that my lovelies.

OK GUYS ILL UPDATE IN A FEW DAYS PROLLY LUV U

kbye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.7K 3.1K 74
Daryl Dixon has faced a lot since the world changed and this has resulted in even greater change in his own life. Once a reckless and volatile man, h...
10K 218 26
He set fire the world around him but did not let a single flame touch her. --- Season 2- includes sexual content, swearing, slight gore,etc / slow b...
4.3K 35 27
This is a love story between Daryl Dixon and another made up character. Some of the things that are in here, don't really match up to the characters...
167K 5K 39
Daryl Dixon is completely on his own. After the Saviors burn down Alexandria, he thinks that he is the only survivor. Living without the group that h...