Stuck in an Elevator

By pun-kish

Ever been stuck on an elevator? Try being stuck in an elevator for 30 hours straight with nothing but a worn... More

Stuck in an Elevator
Chapitre Uno.
Chapitre Dos.
Chapitre Tres.
Chapitre Cuatro.
Chapitre Cinco.
Chapitre Seis.
Chapitre Siete.
Chapitre Ocho.
Chapitre Nueve.
Chapitre Diez.
Chapitre Once.
Chapitre Doce.
Chapitre Trece.
Chapitre Catorce.
Chapitre Quince.
Chapitre Dieciséis.
Chapitre Diecisiete.
Chapitre Diecinueve.
Chapitre Veinte.
Chapitre Veintiuno.
Chapitre Veintidós.
Chapitre Veintitrés.
Chapitre Veinticuatro.
Chapitre Veinticinco.
Chapitre Veintiséis.
Chapitre Veintisiete.
Chapitre Veintiocho.
Chapitre Veintinueve.
Chapitre Trienta.
Chapitre Trienta Y Uno.
Chapitre Trienta Y Dos.
Chapitre Trienta Y Tres.
Chapitre Treinta Y Cuatro.
Chapitre Treinta Y Cinco.
Chapitre Treinta Y Seis.
Chapitre Treinta Y Siete.
Epilogue.
*Authors Note*
SCREW SOCIETY ***PLEASE READ***
ONE SHOT CONTEST! (and other news)

Chapitre Dieciocho.

73K 2.3K 874
By pun-kish

Chapitre Dieciocho. 

           Veronica, my sister, always managed to show up at the worst of times.

           It was 7 o'clock in the morning. I wanted Daniel to drive me home because first of all, he picked me up so I had no way of getting back home, and second of all, my parents would probably flip out or not care that I had snuck out in the middle of the night. They were always unpredictable.

           Like, one time I had went to a party because Erin made me go, and they found out, but they didn't even care. And then I got a B- on a quiz that didn't count as much and they flipped. They took away my phone and computer for a week.

           When I arrived back at home, I noticed the flashy red sports car in the driveway, and that car belonged to the one and only Veronica Greene, aka my snotty, bratty, college sister.

           "Daniel, thanks for everything, I'll see you around, okay? Okay." I said all in one breath, and hopping out of the pick- up truck. I loved pick- up trucks. Was it a coincidence that Danny Boy had one? I think not. 

           "Okay... But I'm staying in the car until you get into the house." He responded, turning up the air conditioning. August air was always humid and hot in New York. If this had been any other situation, I would have swooned from how cute he was being, but this was not the situation for him to be cute! If he stayed any longer, Ronnie would have him wrapped around her manicured finger, just like all of her other guys.

           "Fine." I snap at him, while he chuckles as I slam my door shut and cross my fingers, hoping that everyone was still sleeping. But, luck was not on my side today because as soon as I raised my hand to open our front door that always seemed to be unlocked, the door opened before me.

           I held my breath, praying that it wasn't my parents, and luckily it wasn't. It was the devil herself. Dressed in a bright neon pink pair of shorts and a black tank top that hugged her tightly. The outfit looked as if it was painted onto her, that was how tight it was. 

           "Sky! Baby sis! How are you?!" She wrapped her arms around me, and squeezed me in a hug, while my hands stayed on my sides as she sucked the circulation out of me. I could feel her eyes on the gray pick- up truck in our driveway. It was hard to miss, since I never had any friends, and the truck was huge.

           "OMG! Who is that?! You should invite him in!" She shrieked in my ear. I winced and pulled my body out of her death grip of a hug.

           This is exactly what I didn't want to happen. I knew I should've held my ground when I spoke to Daniel and tell him to leave. I cursed under my breath, as Veronica bounced up and down. How could someone have this much energy at this time of day? 

           "No." I hissed to her. I was hoping that she would get the hint, and I was also hoping that Daniel was getting the hint as I stood infront of Ronnie so that my back was facing him. I put a hand behind my back, and flipped him off. Maybe that would make him leave. 

           The exact opposite happened though, of course. Because I heard the engine of the car get cut off, and the car door open and then slam.

           This was going to be a long morning.

***

           "So..." I trailed off, after everyone was awkwardly seated in the living room. I had shot glares at Dan hoping that he would fall to the floor and have an aneurysm or something. "What are you doing... Home from college..."

           Ronnie was seated next to Daniel, while I sat on the other side, on the other couch. Daniel was leaning as far away as he could from my sister, but she just didn't get the hint. He looked really uncomfortable, and even though I was enjoying him being like that, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor kid. 

           "I just missed you all so much!" She exclaimed and shoved her butt closer to Daniel, who was almost about to fall on the floor from leaning away from my sister. "And it is so nice to meet one of Sky's friends," She purred slowly, and put empathsis on the word friends.

           I wanted to puke.

           It made me really happy that Daniel didn't find my sister appealing at all, because it would have hurt me if he flirted back or moved closer to her after he said that he liked me too.

           I sighed and put my hands on my knees and stood up. I wanted a shower, badly. And I was so tired, and all I wanted to do was sleep. But Danny Boy here just had to inturrupt, not that I'm complaining, because it was hilarious seeing him like that with my sister.

           "Wait! Sky!" Veronica's snotty voice came into my thoughts as I was still standing infront of them, ready to walk out of the room and up the stairs to the shower. "John, our cousin, is getting married in a week or so, and mom and dad said that they weren't going, because we are old enough to go, so, we are going, and we need dates, and they said that you didn't know and that you need a date so you need to get a date and I need to get one too and yeah." She rambled. I could barely get a word out of her mouth as I stared at her as if she had grown two heads.

           I nodded my head slowly at her as she smiled widely at me, showing me her white teeth. I forced a smile back and muttered to them that I had to go shower.

           Bad idea.

           Because after I came downstairs after my nice, long, hot shower, Daniel and Ronnie were rather... comfy on the couch.

           No, they weren't kissing, thank goodness, but they were close, and Dan actually seemed comfotable with her. Like, he was engaged in a deep conversation with her, and they were both smiling and laughing.

           Was I jealous?

           Yes.

           Because all I wanted was to pulled their heads away from each other and shove my body in between theirs.

           "Aye. Danny Boy. We're going out." I say, grabbing his keys from the counter and making my way out the door.

***

           "Okay, take the next right." I say, leaning my head against the cool glass of the window. This has been going on for about 15 minutes. Me, giving Daniel directions to a place I wanted to show him, and Daniel nodding and turning.

           I knew that introducing my sister and Daniel to eachother was going to be a bad idea. Everyone always liked her more as I stood in her shadows. The only person I could count on to look at us as equals was my dad and Erin. I thought I could say the same about Daniel, but that was changing, and it made me want to say something about it.

           I just didn't have the guts.

           "We're here!" I exclaimed, snapping the seatbelt off, and hopping out of the car. I didn't even wait for Daniel to come, as I made my way to the building that was like a second home to me.

           The first floor was a bar, but it wasn't one of the sketchy bars with scary guys, it was like, a friendly one. I didn't know if there was a such thing as a friendly bar, but I grew up with the people in here.

           "Sky, wait!" I heard a voice coming from behind me.

           Big Al, my dad's best friend since high school was behind the bar, on the phone. What bar would be open at 9 a.m, you may ask? This one. 

           Big Al's face erupted into a huge smile but then he frowned, realizing that he was on the phone and couldn't come greet me. I waved him off, mouthing that it was okay. I pointed to the stairs in the corner of the bar, and he nodded and smiled, saying yes.

           I was upset that Big Al, who was like a father to me, was on the phone, I hadn't seen him in awhile, but I would say hi when we came back down.

           Big Al and my dad were best friends since high school, but unlike a lot of other highschoolers who lost contact with their best friends, Big Al (his name is actually Alan, but I like calling him Big Al) and dad went to the same college, were each others best men at each others weddings, and my mom and Alan's wife became good friends. 

           Our families were very close.

           I grinned and took Daniel's hand, he looked more confused than ever, but that was the reaction I wanted.

           He surprised me, so now it was my turn to surprise him.

           "Why are we-"

           "Just hush up Danny Boy and come on!"

           Since the first floor was a bar, all the other floors were apartments, belonging to a lot of people I knew. From family, to friends, to little kids and their parents. 

           "There is an elevator, but we are not taking it." I state sternly, as we started climbing the three dozen flights of stairs.

           He nods, and looks as scared as I was at the thought of an elevator. C'mon, we were stuck in one, why would we risk it?

           Daniel was rather athletic, and I was. Kind of. Not really, but I had climbed this stairs so many times, it seemed like nothing.

           We were stil hand in hand as we reached the top, where a door stood that had the word ROOF written on it.

           Daniel then took the lead and led us to the door, shoving it open and sprinting to the edge. The view was amazing. Looking at all the other buildings and the people, oh goodness, the people. So tiny. They were like ants.

           We didn't speak, we just took it in. This view was nothing compared to what Daniel showed me, but it was still familiar.

           "Your sister asked me to the wedding." A deep voice cut into my thoughts. My heart stopped and my breathing wavered, but I hoped that Daniel didn't notice. I glanced at him and he was just looking at the distance.

           "And you said..."

           "I said yes."

           "Oh."

           "I just thought that the minute she told you that you needed a date, that you would have asked me, but you didn't. And after you went upstairs, she asked, and I agreed, but only to go as friends."

           Like that made it any better, I thought to myself, bitterly.

           Before I had the chance to answer him, however, another voice came out of nowhere.

           "No way!" The voice came closer and I glanced behind us, and so did Daniel. "Skylar?! And... Is that Daniel Roy?!"

           And the person, as he came closer, was no other than the infamous Noah Clem.

***

Okay, so I tried making this chapter longer! :p

Now, I have something to say.

I am not someone to take shit from anyone. If you hurt me, I will hurt you back, but in the nicest way possible. I kill with kindness. Is that mean? I don't think so. So anyways, someone commented something very rude on the last chapter. I repsonded, but I want people to know who that person was and whatthey said.

The person was mysticmagyk and they said I dont really like this book. I'm reading it because I wanna know why Daniel was looking guilty in the elevator. The pace is too fast and sky is annoying.

I want to say that if you don't like the book, all you have to do is don't read it. I just think it's funny that this person decided to take the time to read my book and then comment. So thank you! And please, continue to read my book, you're only helping me. :) 

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed! I know I did! ;)

           Picture: Ashley Benson as Veronica Greene!

Vote.

Comment.

Love you, my lovelies. 

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387K 8.7K 17
Getting lost usually sucks ass and this is no exception. This is the story of Erin, who steps into the wrong building and thus the wrong elevator, wh...
21.6K 1K 28
Two surgical residents who can't stand one another find themselves trapped together inside an elevator.
45.5K 1.5K 12
When two delayed passengers find themselves stuck with each other for over four hours, they find out more than they expected and arrive in London wit...
40.8K 455 33
So, under KOTLC Thoughts and Theories by me (I deleted it but I'm keeping the oneshots), duh, I wrote oneshot prompts for the Unlocked countdown. Eac...