The Lone Princess (A Naruto F...

By lyradavi11

***COMPLETED*** (Read at your own risk--I started writing this when I was 13) The life of a princess is stere... More

Character Profile
Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 2: Good Ol' Days
Chapter 4: Aspiring
Chapter 5: Working As A Team
Chapter 6: A Dangerous Mission
Chapter 7: Dead or Alive?
Chapter 8: Training
Chapter 9: Zabuza and Haku
Chapter 10: Losing Control
Chapter 11: Is This It? Naw, Maybe Not Now
Chapter 12: The Chunin Exams
Chapter 13: The Written Exam
Chapter 14: The Forest of Death
Chapter 15: The Preliminary Rounds
Chapter 16: The Preliminary Rounds - Part II
Chapter 17: Danger In The Mountains
Chapter 18: The Celestial Beasts
Chapter 19: The Final Rounds
Chapter 20: Akira vs Daiki
Chapter 21: Trouble
Chapter 22: Fighting Alongside the Third Hokage
Chapter 23: Tiger
Chapter 24: The Fallen Shinobi
Chapter 25: Kotoba the Celestial Thunderbolt Tiger
Chapter 26: Feelings of Betrayal
Chapter 27: Memories of Old
Chapter 28: Uchihas.. Such High Maintenance
Christmas Special - Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe
Chapter 29: Missing Memories
Chapter 30: There's More To Life Than Revenge
Chapter 31: The Battle of Disappointment
Chapter 32: A Surprise Guest!
Chapter 33: The Attack
Chapter 34: The Struggle
Chapter 35: The New Beginning
Chapter 36: The State
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: Welcome Party
Chapter 39: Truth is Out
Psst!
Chapter 40: Final Battle
TIMELINE

Chapter 3: The Nine Tailed Fox!

1.9K 46 15
By lyradavi11

Person's POV thoughts: Italic

My thoughts: Bold with brackets

Akira's POV

     Today's the test and I knew I was gonna ace it. I used to love going to school everyday, but now -- this academy -- most of the girls are way too annoying and can't keep their thoughts to themselves. But something's different about that Sasuke guy. Naruto too, to be honest. I only know this because of all the training I had in Kurisutaru about how to read people's feelings, body language, speech, and the way people treat them and use it to understand how to approach the person. That was an important quality I needed as a princess.

     Anyway, I got to be Naruto's friend, but there are fangirls that obviously want me to stay away from Sasuke. Let me make it clear to you that I have no intention of being friends with those who look for outer attractiveness rather than inner. I've had my share of experiences for judging people by their appearance.

     "Aki-chan!" I heard someone familiar call me. I spun around to see Naruto running towards me. "Hey, Naru!" I happily said.That's right! My nickname for him is Naru. "Hello, Aki-chan!" he exclaimed back. We talked together while heading to the academy. "I'm gonna pass the test today! Believe it!" he beamed. "Yeah!" I cheered him on with a laugh

Third Person POV

     "We will now start the final exam. When your name is called, proceed to the testing room. The final test will be on, the clone jutsu," said Iruka-sensei with a serious face. Ugh! That's my worst technique! Great! I'm never gonna pass! thought Naruto worriedly.

     Naruto stepped into the room and got ready. Alright get it together, Naruto! You can do this! Believe it! He thought and made the jutsu hand signs. "Clone Jutsu!" A puff of smoke appeared next to Naruto, but his clone looked so.. dead. Naruto fake laughed nervously. Iruka twitched his eyes and shouted, "YOU FAIL!!!" Even people outside the academy heard him.

     "Iruka-sensei, he's off but his moves weren't bad, and he did hang in there and replicate. This is his third try so you know he really wants to become a ninja. We could cut him a break, and pass him," said Mizuki, the white haired guy. Naruto became very happy at this statement, and looked hopefully at Iruka.

     But Iruka said, "Mizuki-sensei, the other students created at least 3 effective replications. But Naruto could only create one! And look at it. It's pitiful!" Naruto became a little angry at that. "I can't pass him," Iruka said sternly. The words stung Naruto like a bee. He was really hoping to pass this year's test! He expected more out of himself. He thought he was better than this..

Akira's POV

      I sighed as I tapped the wall in a beat with my fingers.  I heard everything because I was right outside the room. Naruto failed 3 exams in a row, huh? I also noticed when I was walking with Naruto this morning, everyone was looking at him weirdly. Like.. he was some outcast. Are those the looks he gets everyday? Sadness filled my heart at the thought. That was unacceptable.

     Naruto came out of the room angry at himself. I would've followed him if it wasn't my turn. "Hahaha! He failed! Just what you'd expect from him! How can a cute girl like you, be friends with a loser like that?" a boy snickered and then asked me. It took all my energy to keep myself from punching the guy. "Do not, I repeat. DO NOT MAKE FUN OF MY FRIENDS!!!" I shouted angrily.

     It was my turn now. Iruka-sensei and a white haired creepy dude, were sitting in the front with leaf headbands on the table. My mood changed drastically, and my eyes sparkled when I saw them! "Wow! I'll become a real ninja once I wear this, right? Right?" I asked excitedly.

     "I can clearly see that you really want to become a ninja, but are you sure you want to do it now? You've only been at the academy for a week. It will be an exception if you want to do it later," Iruka-sensei said. He didn't know that I'd been training with Kakashi-sensei for almost two months. I haven't seen him ever since I joined the academy though. I smirked as I did the jutsu hand signs and said "Clone Jutsu!"

     Eight copies of myself appeared next to me. All of them were perfectly perfect as can be. The sensei's eyes widened in shock. "Amazing! You pass!" exclaimed Iruka-sensei. I took a leaf headband and tied it around my forehead. I was so happy! I looked at the white haired creepy dude, I think his name was Mizuki-sensei, and my smile disappeared into open space. He had a hidden sly smile. The emotions he currently showed on his face were remarkably fake, so much so that it kind of scared me. I have a really bad feeling about him. I glared at him before leaving the room. "What's up with that girl?" he asked in a scared tone.

     I decided to go look for Naruto. I put my headband in my bag so I wouldn't make him feel bad. After a while, I found him. He was on the rooftop. I sat beside him, and he asked, "Did you pass?" I opened my mouth but nothing came out. The last thing I wanted was to hurt him. "...Yeah," I finally muttered.

     Naruto looked down and said, "Congrats. Sorry I have to be like this in your special moment." "No, Naruto. How do I say this..?" I looked up as a breeze came, making a moment. Yeah, that's a rule in this world. "If your not happy, than I'm not happy. For me, friends and family are more important than my life. I will always be there when you need someone, Naru. I promise," I said with a gentle smile. When I said that, I truly meant it. He returned the smile and thanked me briefly.

      I closed my eyes and concentrated. There's something inside of him.. a tailed beast? I read about the attack of the nine tails that happened twelve years ago. It was sealed inside a baby boy. Could Naruto have been that boy? Even if he has a monster inside of him, it doesn't make him a monster. How could the village people treat him like this? He doesn't deserve that kind of treatment. I frowned and glanced at him. I should probably give him his personal space. "Naru, I'm gonna go eat something, kay? See you later!" I left after Naruto nodded.

     As soon as I left Naruto, I started having this bad feeling. I shrugged it off as I tried to eat my rice ball in peace, failing miserably. I left my house after 10 min, to check if Naruto was still on the roof. Obviously, he wasn't. It was getting dark anyway. I jumped on top of the 4th hokage's carved face. A lot of thoughts raced through my head, and I stayed there until night time. I haven't thought this much ever since I left Kurisutaru.

     A frown appeared on my face. The bad feeling just kept increasing and increasing, making me uncomfortable. I scrunched up my face. What the heck is happening? I decided to go look for Naruto again, to find that he wasn't at his house. At this time, he's supposed to be sleeping! The bad feeling I was getting... Please tell me he didn't do something dangerous.

     I was looking for Naruto when I saw Mizuki-sensei knocking on a door, and shouting, "Iruka-sensei! Iruka-sensei!" I guess that's Iruka-sensei's house. I concealed my chakra, so they wouldn't know I was here. Yes, I learnt how to do that! Books can teach you numerous things too, ya know! "What? What is it?" Iruka-sensei asked while sweating a little. "You need to come to Lord Hokage's right away! It's Naruto, he stole the sacred scroll!" exclaimed Mizuki-sensei. My eyes widened. He stole something sacred?! No way!

     "You mean the scroll of sealing?! No!" Iruka-sensei exploded. I became too shocked that I forgot to keep my chakra hidden. "Who's there?!" asked Iruka-sensei. "It's just me!" I came out, and they were surprised. "Let's just please stop Naruto!" I said as I went with them. Why would someone like Naruto do this?! There has to be a reason! Even though I've only known him for a week, I learned a lot about him. He won't do something like this without a good enough reason! Even a prank is going way too far!

     We split up to search. Where is he?! I stopped. Concentrated on my surroundings and closed my eyes. It's a special ability I have. I can see miles with my eyes closed if I wanted to. Found him! Iruka-sensei is there too. I ran as fast a as I could. When I arrived, I saw that Naruto had the huge scroll on his back. "Naruto! What the heck were you thinking?!" I shouted at his face, pulling on his collar.

     "I just told Iruka sensei that I can graduate now, because whoever learns something from this scroll, can pass the test. Mizuki-sensei told me. I worked really hard!" he exclaimed happily. I looked at him in shock and let go of his collar, and looked at Iruka-sensei. He shook his head in a no. I clenched my teeth. Mizuki!!! He gave Naruto wrong information! I pushed Naruto and Iruka-sensei away shouting, "Move!"

     I was hit with a couple kunai knives. "Ugh..." I grumbled and coughed out blood. "Aki-chan!" Naruto shouted out in worry. I took the kunai out as he said, "I see you've found our hide away," he said tauntingly. "So that's the way it is, huh? I should've known!" exclaimed Iruka-sensei angrily as he got into battle stance. I couldn't do anything. All of his kunai hit me! I was losing strength quickly!

     Mizuki-sensei had two huge shurikens, as big as his back, on his back. He was on a tree branch above. "Naruto! Give me the scroll! Now!" he demanded. "Wait a minute! What's going on here?!" Naruto stupidly asked while looking back and forth, to us and to him. "Naruto, don't let Mizuki get the scroll! It contains forbidden jutsu that can put this village in great danger! Mizuki used you to get the scroll for himself! For his own power!" shouted Iruka-sensei.

     He actually got a kunai hard on his leg, he removed it as blood seeped through his clothes. Naruto glared at him ferociously. "Naruto, Iruka's just trying to scare you 'cause he doesn't want you to have the scroll," Mizuki-sensei said sweetly. I coughed out blood again. Naruto looked at Iruka with a betrayed expression. "Naruto! Ugh.. Don't listen.. to him!" I shouted while coughing blood. I could barely speak.

     "Stop lying, Mizuki," Iruka scowled, "Don't let him trick you, Naruto!" he shouted. Naruto! Please don't give it to Mizuki-sensei! No, he's not a sensei. Don't give it to Mizuki! I wanted to say, but how much ever I tried, all I could get to come out was blood. Mizuki laughed evilly. "Oh I'll tell you who's really lying," he said. "No, Mizuki!" Iruka shouted in terror, knowing what he was going to say next.

     "They've been lying to you your whole life, Naruto. Since the decree twelve years ago," Mizuki said calmly. "What decree?" Naruto asked cautiously. "Everyone knows except you. Iruka's trying to hide it from you even now! He'll do anything to shut me up!" he continued.

     "What is this decree? Why does everyone else know about it?" Naruto asked interested. No! Naruto! "Don't tell him! It's forbidden!" shouted Iruka at the top of his lungs. "The decree is that no one can tell you the nine tailed fox is inside you!" he continued. Naruto's eyes widened in pure shock. "The fox spirit that killed Iruka's parents, and destroyed the village, has taken over your body. You are the nine tailed fox!" Mizuki said in disgust.

     "STOP IT!!!" shouted Iruka-sensei. Tears were now streaming from my eyes as I looked at Naruto's expression. "No, Naruto! Don't listen to him! Having the nine tails fox inside of you doesn't make you the nine tails yourself, Naruto! Don't listen to him!" I finally got my voice out and shouted as loud as my voice could go at that moment. Naruto just stood there trying to process the information given to him. I felt like he didn't listen to me and Iruka-sensei at all!

     "They've all been sneaking around, hiding things from you your whole life! Didn't you think it was strange how they treated you? Like dirt! Like they hated you for just being alive!" He spat. "No.. No, no, no, no, no!" mumbled Naruto as chakra surrounded him. "Naruto," I hurtfully muttered. "That's why you will never be accepted in this village! Even your beloved sensei hates your guts!" he spat out again.

     Iruka-sensei couldn't defend himself against the words. He held his wounds in pain, as I fell to the ground completely drained of my strength. Mizuki was going to hit Naruto with his shuriken! No! Naruto fell, Iruka-sensei came in front of Naruto and took the attack. The huge shuriken hit Iruka-sensei back. He was above Naruto, who looked at him horrified.

     "Why?" asked Naruto unbelievably. "Because we're the same. When I lost my parents, no one seemed to care. They didn't have time for me, and just forgot I was there. My grades dropped. I became the class clown! I just wanted them to see me, and to know my name. I did crazy things. And then I had to pay for it. It was hard. I know that's how you feel, Naruto. You feel lonely, and it hurts inside," Iruka explained as he started crying.

     I pursed my lips as memories of the days after my family died came flooding back in. Everyone just shunned me out or sold me out to the government. Life was hard. "And I couldn't be there for you more," he cried. "I let you down. I'm sorry. No one should suffer that much. No one should be lonely like that," he finished.

     Mizuki chuckled. "Don't make me laugh! Iruka always hated you! He was orphaned because the nine tailed fox killed his parents. And that beast is now inside you! He'd say anything to get the scroll from you!" he shouted. Naruto suddenly ran. "Naruto! Narutoooo!" Iruka-sensei shouted reaching his hand out to him. Iruka-sensei was hurt! I miraculously got up, and glared daggers at Mizuki. He jumped down from the tree in front of Iruka-sensei and chuckled again. I went as fast as I could towards them.

     Which was only one step every 5 seconds! Dammit! "You know, once he makes up his mind, nothing can change it," Mizuki said with a chuckle. "You're damn right! He's not gonna change his mind now!" I smirked. Naruto will definitely not hurt the village. I know for sure! "I don't know what you're smirking about, but he's going to use the scroll to take revenge on the village. You saw that look in his eyes, didn't you? Those are the eyes of a beast," Mizuki said.

     Iruka pulled the Giant Shuriken out of his back, and stood up slowly. "No, Naruto isn't like that!!!" he shouted the last part and threw the giant shuriken at Mizuki. He blocked it easily and said, "Hm. You're a joke! as soon as I eliminate Naruto, and take the scroll. I'll get back for you two," He then went to chase Naruto. "Iruka..sensei..." I muttered as I began to fall. "Akira!" he shouted as he caught me before I fell. "Naruto-- I can heal myself, it's an ability of mine. You go.. help Naruto.. please!" I pleaded. He nodded and said, "Be careful!" before leaving.

     I know for sure -- for sure -- Naruto won't act up. I know he won't make the wrong move. My body started glowing white, as I healed myself. After I could move properly I headed over to Naruto and Iruka-sensei. Just in time for me to see Mizuki get beat up by Naruto's Shadow Clones. Not just clones, but shadow clones. I'm very proud of you, Naruto. I hid behind a tree, hiding my chakra again. I knew Naruto was going to get it now.

     "Naruto, come here for a minute. I need to give you something. Close your eyes," said Iruka. And so he did. He put a headband on Naruto's forehead, which shimmered in the sunlight. Then he told Naruto to open his eyes, "Congratulations! You graduated!" he said happily while smiling big. Naruto was shocked. "And to celebrate I have a surprise. We're going out for ramen tonight!" Naruto was so happy, he was at loss for words, so he tackled Iruka sensei into a hug. "Congratulations, Naruto!" I exclaimed and then hugged him. I gave him 3 tickets to Ichiraku's and we both grinned at each other.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Published: 3/5/16

Edited 

2868 Words

~ Lyragirl11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 396 21
Cinderella AU with a twist Sakura lives with a head mistress and her two daughters. Although sakura is supposed to be considered royalty along with t...
37K 1.4K 28
[Regular weekly update] (Friday-Sunday) We used to be close but people can go from people you know to people to don't~ ...
113K 3.6K 17
Sakura was on the very same bench Sasuke has left her. Crying with such sorrowful tears that it quickly saddened her surroundings. She was crying for...
80.3K 1.9K 29
One person needed courage to face the past. Another person needed effort to make a dream come true... It's been a few years after the great shinobi...