Don't Fall for Me

By juliannav135

I was doing just fine my junior year of high school. I mean I did pick fights once in a while and my grades w... More

Part 1: I Stole His Motorcycle
Part 3: Prom?
Part 4: Got it
Part 5: Forbidden from Prom
Part 6: Two-Strings
Part 7: Get Out!
Part 8: Burning Jealousy, Shattered Pearls
Part 9: Did You Just Kiss Me?
Part 10: Wrong Number
Part 11: Careful Angel
Part 12: Drowning
Part 13: Falling
Part 14: Mother
Part 15: Finn and the Devil
Part 16: Angel vs. Devil
Part 17: Do as I Say
Part 18: Date
Part 19: Fix It
Part 20: I Stole His Motorcycle Again
Part 21: Crash
Part 22: An Old iPod
Part 23: Feathered Tattoo
Part 24: Roses are Red...
Part 25: Not What it Looks Like
Part 26: His Game
Part 27: Think About it Angel
Part 28: Good Riddance Jerk
Part 29: All Aliens Return to Space
Part 30: Spin the Bottle
Part 31: Roommates?
Part 32: Honeymoon
Part 33: I Hate Ryker
Part 34: A Picture Lasts Longer
Part 35: New Tattoos
Part 36: Not Him
Part 37: Mine
Part 38: I'm Dreaming Right?
Part 39: See You Around
Part 40: It's Not Me, It's You
Part 41: I've Fallen For You
Part 42: Ryker's Song
Part 43: Xander's True Love
Part 44: What You Do Best
Part 45: Take Her
Part 46: Sorry Won't Cut It
Part 47: Make You Jealous
Part 48: Xander's Date
Epilogue: 5 Years Later
Bonus Part: Ryker and Eve's Wedding
NEWS

Part 2: Don't Fall for Me

15.7K 587 124
By juliannav135

I was fuming by the time I got home. I jumped off the motorcycle and didn't bother to steady it with the kickstand. I just let it topple over.

I dashed inside the house, slamming the front door shut behind me.

"Eve?" My mom called.

I stalked into the kitchen where she was standing making coffee. She did a double take and gawked at my appearance.

I held a finger. "One word. Ryker."

Realization dawned on my mother's face that looked nothing like mine. She had short, blond hair and bright blue eyes. She didn't even have to wear make up, she was naturally beautiful, but she always did anyway.

On the other hand, I was short where she was tall. I had brown hair that never did what I wanted with it. My dull gray eyes were boring. Forget about make up.

My mother didn't question why I was home so early. She just nodded her head and let me go get washed up. She knew how it was with Ryker.

I took a long, hot shower to try and forget about everything that had happened today. I could hear my phone vibrating relentlessly on the sink, probably missed calls from Xander.

I got out of the shower, quickly putting on a fresh set of clothes and fought a comb through my knotted hair. When I was some-what satisfied, I went in my room to call Xander back.

I plopped down on my purple and black bedspread and glanced at the clock. School would be over by now.

I dialed Xander's number and he picked up on the first ring.

"Eve? Are you alright? Ryker is such a jerk," he rambled.

"Hey, X. I'm okay now. I was just going to-"

He cut me off, "I'm coming over."

"No-"

Beep.

Ugh.

I went back downstairs, informing my mom on what had happened today while I waited for Xander to get here.

The doorbell rang, and I sprung off the barstool in the kitchen to answer it.

Xander smoothed his short hair back and stepped inside. He took his shoes off and sprawled across one of the couches. I sat in front of the fireplace.

"So," he drawled, "I didn't know you had a motorcycle."

"I don't," I grumbled.

I stood up and walked over to the window facing the driveway. I looked at the stupid bike as I explained why I did have one.

"It's Ryker's. I, uh, borrowed it."

"Bullshit."

"Language, Xander!" My mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Sorry Mrs. Cross!" He apologized.

I laughed.

"Okay, fine. I stole it. But keep your voice down so mom doesn't find out," I hushed.

Xander lost it. He clutched his stomach as his face turned bright red. He couldn't get control of himself from laughing so hard.

I walked over to the couch and pinched his arm. He whacked my hand away.

"Wow, you've really done it this time, Eve. Ryker doesn't seem like the forgiving type. You'll have to watch your back. I'll be your bodyguard," he said, proudly pointing at his chest as he puffed it out.

I flicked my wet hair over my shoulder and told him that I could handle myself. He just kept laughing.

I sat next to him on the couch and turned on the TV. I was done with this conversation and any talk that involved Ryker.

We watched a sci fi movie and ate popcorn. We made fun of the lame graphics like we always did.

This was why Xander was my best friend. He always knew how to cheer me up and I was grateful.

He left shortly after the movie. My mom came in the living room as I was getting ready to go upstairs.

"You know that boy loves you, right?" She asked.

"Duh, I love him, too. That's why we're best friends," I answered.

"That's not what I mean, Eve," she said.

I rolled my eyes, saying, "Whatever."

My mom thought Xander was in love with me. I knew he wasn't. He's had a few girlfriends before, but never stayed with them for long. I've tried to get him on a date with this cute sophomore girl because he's told me he likes her. It hasn't worked out yet.

I let those thoughts drift off as I went upstairs. I was spent.

I fell asleep once my head hit the pillow.

~*~*~*~

Sunlight streaked through the window, right on my face. I rolled over, covering my head with my pillow to block out the light.

I so did not want to get up and go to school. Especially not after that whole humiliating event that happened yesterday.

Eventually, I got up and changed my clothes. I put on a black hoodie with a pair of jeans and converse.

My mom wasn't home again this morning because she was at work. I ate a hurried breakfast, and drove to school on Ryker's motorcycle.

I sped into the school lot just as the bell rang, signaling the start of first period. Great. I was late for English.

I ran to my locker, quickly dialing the combination. I yanked out my textbook and slammed the locker shut. I ran to my class.

I was out of breath by the time I reached the door. I took a few deep breaths before opening it.

"Nice of you to join us, Ms. Cross," Mr. Duncan said.

I nodded, and headed to my seat next to Xander. I held my head up in my hands while I sat down as Mr. Duncan continued his lecture.

A folded piece of paper landed on my desk. I shot a look at Xander who seemed oblivious.

I gingerly unfolded the note and read it.

What are you wearing? Your daddy's clothes?

I clenched my fist around the note, crushing it between my fingers. Everyone knew what happened to my father. They had no right to speak of him. And I knew exactly who the note had came from.

All heads whipped towards me as my chair scraped across the floor. I was up and moving towards my target before anyone could stop me.

I reached Hannah Schmitt's desk with my teeth clenched. She smiled innocently up at me, twirling her finger in her hair and smacking her bubblegum around in her mouth. I forgot about the fact that her desk was next to Ryker's.

I backhanded her across the face before any of us saw it coming. She shrieked out in pain as the class jumped out of their seats. All of them took out their cellphones to record the showdown.

Tears flowed freely down her sculptured face. She stood up to do God only knew what, when Ryker's arms swept around her small frame, enveloping her in a cocoon.

She hid her face against his leather jacket and he dragged her out of the room. Xander joined me by my side as Mr. Duncan made me go to the office.

I gave Xander an apologetic look as I left the room.

I've visited the principal's office many times before for other various fights. This one was pale in comparison to all the other ones I've been in.

They let me go with a small warning, surprisingly.

Not questioning my luck, I quickly left and went to gym which was just as uneventful as always.

I went back in the locker room to change my clothes for lunch. When I opened the locker, my clothes weren't there. We had to hand in our school issued gym uniform after every class, so I had already put mine in the basket. By now, everyone had already left and the basket had been removed.

I scurried around in my bra and underwear as I tried to find my clothes.

I started to sweat as I thought about how someone must have taken them. Someone who had it out for me. Hannah.

Shit.

"Looking for something?" A masculine voice said from behind me.

I shrieked and darted behind a row of lockers. Ryker had just seen me practically naked.

"Give back my clothes," I said, grinding my teeth.

"No."

He peeked around the lockers I was hiding behind.

"You're such a pervert!"

"You're acting like I enjoy seeing you without clothes on. Honestly, you don't look any better with these crappy clothes on than you do like this. Either way, you're not attractive. I prefer someone along the lines of Hannah."

"That's it," I stalked up to him, not caring that I wasn't wearing much, "You're an asshole. Give back my clothes before I seriously hurt you and your precious bike."

He quirked an eyebrow at that.

"Give me the keys and you can have your clothes back," he rationed.

"No."

"Fine, then no," he said.

He turned around, heading for the door.

"Arrg. Whatever, I'll give back your bike, just give back my clothes," I gave in.

He reached under his jacket and flung my clothes at me. They scattered at my feet and I quickly threw them on.

I dug the keys out of my pocket and chucked them at him. Without even looking, he caught the keys in one hand.

Show off.

He left the locker room and I sighed. I've never met anyone like him before. He knew how to get on my last nerve.

I went over to the door and jumped back when it opened. Ryker came back in, pushing me up against one of the lockers.

He locked his eyes on my lips and I gasped. He smirked.

"Don't fall for me, Angel."

With that, he stepped away from me and left again for good.

What the hell?

Did he honestly have the audacity to tell me not to fall in love with him? I clenched my fists, shoving the door open to confront the cocky jerk.

I couldn't find him anywhere, so I figured he would be at lunch.

I grabbed my lunch from my locker and scurried down the hall. I stopped dead in my tracks when I entered the cafeteria.

Why the hell was Ryker sitting with Xander at our table?

I speed walked over to the table and grabbed the collar of the back of Ryker's jacket. He slowly spun his head towards mine. My gaze flew to Xander's and he did not look happy. I got right up in Ryker's face as the entire cafeteria held their breath once again.

"Leave him alone," I growled.

Ryker glanced at my hand on his jacket then back up at me, raising an eyebrow. He deftly slid out of the jacket, so I was left standing there with it in my grasp. He was wearing a plain, white t-shirt that exposed tattoos covering his arms and neck. Typical bad boy.

Then he said loud enough for the whole cafeteria to hear, "If you wanted me naked that bad, you should have just told me. I mean, I've seen you naked, so I guess it's only fair."

My jaw dropped. The student body roared in laughter. Ryker grinned.

Xander said, "Dude, not cool."

Ryker stood up while I was still gawking at him. He made a move to swipe at his jacket, but I was faster. I whipped it out of his way and moved a few feet away from him. Ryker lowered his eyebrows at me. His blue eyes had a fire lit behind them. I was in dangerous territory right now.

But I never knew when to stop.

I sprinted into the hallway and shoved the jacket into my locker. To my surprise, no one had followed me out. I let out a huge breath and dropped my head into my hand. Ryker would be the death of me.

I took my time getting back to lunch. I had no desire to be back there.

Just when I had thought my anger had subsided, it sparked again.

Ryker had Xander slammed against the lockers in the hallway I was walking down. A decorative prom poster hung above their heads. I was too far away to hear what was being said. As I got closer, I heard Ryker say, "Are you in love with her?"

Xander's eyes bulged and his face turned pink. He gulped.

I balled my hands into fists. He's such a jerk.

Ryker glanced up at the poster.

"You can't have her," with that, Ryker gave Xander one last shove against the lockers and strode off.

I hurried to Xander's side. He wouldn't meet my eyes.

I grasped his face in both of my hands.

"X, let's go home. We can talk there."

He nodded and we left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 44.6K 70
Reillyn Cole had experienced it all. Grief. Pain. Heartbreak. And yet, still, the cruel world continued to throw hurdles in her unendingly winding...
Troublemakers By Mon

Teen Fiction

12.4K 456 21
"H-hey.. You know..." Work brain, work. "What?" he hisses. "Um... I-I think I need my inhaler. It's in the bag," great, nice move. But my hope shatte...
75.9K 1.4K 41
She was the girl who had panic attacks. He was the boy who made her panic attacks excel. Both throw daggers at each other, to say the least, they wer...
68.9K 3.4K 59
Highest Ranking: #63 in Teen Fiction •Completed• "You look pretty fine in those jeans, but you'd look even finer without them." He inched closer to...