His Future

By ivymiss

James' thoughts on Clark and Leah's wedding day. More

Vows

7.2K 177 21
By ivymiss

He couldn't take his eyes off her. That was nothing new. James couldn't take his eyes off Nadine when she had messy hair, no make up, and a little bit of dried up drool on her chin. She was always beautiful to him, but right now, as she sat before him in a wedding dress, there were no words in any language to describe her. James didn't even want to try.

Nadine looked up at him from where she was playing with her paper flower bouquet. "Bakit ganyan ka kung makatingin?" She asked.

The church was full around them, full of cameras and lights and of people. They had just finished filming the scene where Leah walks down the aisle to Clark and were now on standby until they were ready for the next scene, the exchange of vows.

James stepped closer to her and took her hands, pulling her up from her seat. She instinctively looked around, aware that people were all around them but James just smiled at her until she remembered that they don't have to hide anymore and she smiled back at him in relief.

"You look...amazing," he said. "And that is an understatement."

Nadine rolled her eyes. "Nambobola ka nanaman."

His hands went to her waist and he pulled her closer. "It's true though. When I saw you walking down the aisle...Those tears I was crying? They were real. I wasn't acting," he admitted.

Nadine looked up at him, seeing how serious he was. "I was so nervous," she said. "I had a million butterflies in my stomach. But then I saw you standing there, waiting for me. It felt so..."

"So what?" James prompted.

"So real. Like we were really getting married."

He nodded, pushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear. He was about to say something but was interrupted by Ate Ross telling them to take their places, they were ready to start rolling.

Nadine was led to the altar, her dress being carefully carried and arranged around her. Father Tito was already in place and he smiled warmly at James as he approached. He couldn't believe that they had gotten a real priest to officiate Clark and Leah's ceremony. As if this didn't feel real enough...

He adjusted his collar and repeated the words of his vows to himself. He didn't even have to take the time to memorize them. He knew them by heart since he was the one that wrote them. When Direk Tonet had texted him and asked him if had any ideas for Clark's vows to Leah, James told her that he had absolutely no idea how to write wedding vows. But Direk was pretty persistent and James found himself really contemplating what Clark would say to the woman he loves on the most important day of his life. But everything that he tried to write down sounded so cheesy. He had sat down in his living room with a notebook and had torn out almost half of the pages when he decided to give up. He'd have to tell Direk that he tried but he really couldn't do it. Wedding vows just did not come as easy to him as song lyrics. He made his way to his bedroom, ready to just curl up next to Nadine and fall asleep immediately. He was about to do just that when Nadine turned around to face him, adjusting to his presence even in sleep. He pushed her hair out of her face, marveling at how pure and innocent and beautiful she looked in her sleep. James still couldn't believe that he got to go to sleep with this view almost every night, and wake up with it every morning. He just did not know how he got so lucky and what he did to deserve her. It was a long two years before he finally saw what had been in front of him all along. He was in denial and blinded for so long. All those dates and meaningless flings with girls that didn't even have half of Nadine's brains or were nearly as beautiful as her. He didn't know what he was thinking. But he couldn't bring himself to regret any of it because making those mistakes was the rude awakening that he needed. They made him ready to be the man that he is now for Nadine. Now he knows what a true treasure she is, a flawless diamond in this world and especially in this business. Since they came out as a couple all of the fans and even his co-workers have been telling him to take care of Nadine and not to hurt her. But they didn't need to tell James what he already knew. Any pain he causes her is a hundred times more painful to himself.

James watched her sleep, her breathing deep and even, her beautiful long eyelashes caressing her cheeks, and suddenly words were popping into his head. He sat up and turned on the lamp on his bedside table and reached for his notebook and pen. He started scratching out the words that were now flooding his brain.

Ang tagal ko tong hinintay...

But it was all worth it.

It was worth every tear and every smile

Every slap and every kiss

Every sad and happy memory

It was worth everytime I lost you just to find myself back in your arms again.

Destiny doesn't decide everything.

It only gives us a little push in the right direction.

We decide if it's worth fighting for; worth waiting for.

James recited the words that he wrote that night, looking at Nadine's eyes tearing up as she smiled up at him from beneath her veil. The cameras were rolling and the church was quiet. You wouldn't even know that it was filled with nearly a hundred people; everyone was listening attentively to James. He didn't notice or care, all he saw was the woman in front of him and her reaction to the words that were coming from his heart. He hadn't told her that he had written a part of Clark's vows but she knew him so well, better than he knew himself, and he knew that she was realizing that these words were truly his.

Kahit matupad ko ang mga pangarap ko.

Kung hindi kita kasama bale wala yung ang mga 'yon.

Your love made me soar higher than my dreams could ever take me.

Hinding hindi kita iiwan.

Dahil mahal kita.

Sa 'yo lang ako, Clark.

James couldn't stop the tears falling from his eyes. He didn't need to fake it, he didn't need to act. From the moment he saw Nadine walking towards him and now hearing her vows, all of the emotions he felt inside were real. It was a dream come true hearing her say those words. And James knew Nadine well enough to know that she meant every word. She wasn't acting either.

There's no greater gift to give than my heart to be your home, my arms to be your shelter. We walk together through all things.

I will share your pain, may it be divided.

May we feel this joy forever.

I will walk beside you as we travel through life's changes.

And may you feel deeply loved. For indeed you are.

I will sleep in your arms, for your love is my home.

James couldn't stop the tears as they exchanged their ring vows and he placed the ring on Nadine's finger. It didn't take him long to memorize the vows, every word felt deeply true and was etched into his heart. As he looked into Nadine's eyes, he hoped that she understood that he meant every word and though this ceremony may not be real, the promises leaving his lips right now were as real as they could get.

Your love is my anchor.

Your trust is my strength.

You make me whole and you make my life complete.

I will give you all of my love, from now until eternity ends.

Direk called "Cut!" but James didn't let go of Nadine's hand. He mouthed "I love you" and she smiled back at him, her eyes shining brightly. She mouthed "I love you too." They were descended upon by the crew right then, make up needed retouching, the wedding dress needed to be adjusted, and a million other little details. They were put on standby before the next take, the wedding kiss, and James walked over to where Nadine was having her veil fixed. Ella smiled at him when she saw him approaching and quickly left them alone.

"Hi," he said.

"Hi." Nadine smiled back at him but then winced and put her hands on her hips. "This dress is so heavy! Nakakangalay grabe."

James wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into his chest, letting her lean her weight on him. Nadine sighed and wrapped her arms around him.

"You look beautiful in that dress," he told her.

"Alam mo, pangarap ko ang ganitong dress. Yung parang princessa. This is what I always wanted to wear to my wedding. Kaya nagulat talaga ako noong una kong nakita 'tong gown kasi parang nanggaling sa panaginip ko."

"So this is the dress you want to wear to your wedding?"

Nadine chuckled and shook her head. "Ngayon nasuot ko na? Mahirap pala. I want something simpler, and not so heavy! My train won't be this long. I was so afraid I was going to trip when I walked down the aisle."

James kissed the top of her head. "You were perfect."

Nadine was silent and she buried her face in his chest. He poked her stomach and tried to get a good look at her face. He kept poking her until she was forced to pull away to avoid his annoying fingers and he could see that her face was flaming red. He grinned in triumph.

"Kilig ka?" He teased.

"Shut up!" She slapped his chest. "Wag ka nga ganyan."

"What?" He laughed and pulled her back when she tried to turn away, grabbing both of her hands. "I'm serious. Nadz, I can't stop looking at you. This...this is my dream."

Her brows furrowed in confusion and James took a deep breath, ready to lay it all out on the line. Just like his confession of love that fateful night in a restaurant, he hadn't planned on saying any of this but now that they were in the moment, he couldn't keep it in.

"You, in a wedding dress, walking down the aisle towards me...saying our vows to each other. I want all of that."

"Not right now!" He clarified quickly when her eyes widened. "Not even in the near future probably. But someday. Someday I want to be here with you. I want to marry you, Nadine."

"James..."

"Don't. Don't say anything. I'm not trying to pressure you or anything. And I know you might not feel the same way right now. All I ask is that you give me a chance. Let me show you that you can have a future with me. And one day, when you're ready, I'll be here."

He lifted her hands up to her lips and kissed her fingers.

"I love you," he murmured.

A tear fell down her cheek and whatever she was about to say was cut off when they were told to get in position. James wiped away her tear and helped her fix her dress around her.

Nadine took his hands and squeezed them tightly when they were in position for take.

"Yes," she said.

"What?"

"When you ask me to marry you one day, I'll say yes."

Ate Ross yelled out that they were rolling. James glanced over at Father Tito to see him smiling back at him. He had been standing there the whole time and James could feel his ears warming up, wondering what the priest had heard. Father Tito simply nodded at him.

When he was told to kiss his wife, it was the easiest thing in the world for him. He kissed Nadine, forgetting that they were supposed to be in character, forgetting that there were cameras and an entire crowd watching them and cheering. James forgot everything except for the woman in front of him and all he could see was the future when this would be real. When Nadine smiled up at him, radiant with eyes brimming with happiness, James knew that he would do anything and everything to make that future happen.

They held up their ring fingers in Clark and Leah's signature pose. "Love you, future hubby," Nadine whispered to him.

He looked down at her in surprise and she winked at him. James laughed and hugged her, his happiness pouring out of him and being captured on camera. He wouldn't have it any other way.

A/N: Hi! Sorry it took me so long to get a new story up. I am working on a lot but it's taking time plus James and Nadine kind of reeled the fandom over with their announcement lol. So much happiness! I just had to write this short, little fluffy piece. Hope you enjoyed and new stories coming soon. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 111K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
9.9M 501K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
4.1M 169K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...