Cursed || Yoonkook

By undiscloseddesires1

Investigating the death of his late friend, Namjoon, Jungkook tries to uncover a legend about a supernatural... More

Prologue

Chapter 1

188 10 8
By undiscloseddesires1

"Shh, everyone. I am Min Yoongi, Forensic Scientist and Investigator. I am here to tell you how these situations go down," he said as he stood in front of a room full of reporters and also fellow classmates and newer students.

He was asked to speak on the case and even though he was new to this company, he was highly requested by the staff. So he stood in front of 100's of people who all listened with journals in hand and recorders ready to take down notes.

"A wide variety of physical evidence can be collected at a scene that is deemed valuable ("probative") for collection and investigation such as biological evidence like blood, body fluids, hair and other tissues. Latent print evidence that deals with fingerprints, palm prints, foot prints. Footwear and tire track evidence if the crime happens and we pick up foot prints from around the crime scene. Trace evidence that has to deal with fibers, soil, vegetation, glass fragments. Digital evidence that surface around cell phone records, Internet logs, email messages that the victim has on them, that is if we look into the crime and start thinking that the person that was killed was killed by a person that the victim knows. Tool and tool mark evidence. Drug evidence and also Firearm evidence."

Yoongi walked over to the side of the table that had the evidence on it, "The type of evidence collected will vary with the type of crime there is. In the case of a burglary, for example, it would be common to perform tasks in the order of the investigators choosing. We do it the same way every time so that we don't miss something or we don't overlook something that could be of value to the case. This also will help ensure that evidence isn't inadvertently damaged or destroyed will going through it."

He turned to the screen behind him and press the button, pulling up a list of the task that he takes for a crime dealing with Burglary.

"Photograph and document the scene. We take photos of the scene and document the scene in front of us. Collect trace materials (especially from probable points of entry). Collect low-level DNA evidence by swabbing areas of likely contact. Collect other items that may contain biological evidence. And lastly, Locate and collect latent fingerprints."

A woman in the crowd raised her hand and Yoongi pointed to her making her nod at other's and stand up, "Um, I am Minyoung and I wanted to know, if you do that, then who examines the crime scene?"

Yoongi turned to next slide, "The number and type of professional(s) responsible for investigating a scene and collecting evidence largely depends on the type of crime and the resources of the law enforcement agency. Larger agencies often have dedicated, highly trained crime scene specialists, while smaller agencies like us may require that first responders or detectives process the scene in addition to their other duties. It just all depends on the area and also which is charge at the time."

Jungkook rose up from his seat and walked over next to Yoongi, turning on his mic that hung on his shirt so that he could speak.

"To continue on what Yoongi has stated, in many of these instances, a case will be investigated by a detective who is responsible for interviewing persons of interest and victims, pursuing leads and piecing together the information that is developed from the materials collected at the scene. The detective works with a team of crime scene personnel who search the scene and collect the evidence. The crime scene investigation team may consist of crime scene photographers and evidence collection personnel specializing in getting together specific evidence such as hidden prints, DNA, trace evidence."

"And who are you," the man on the side asked while others around nodded in agreement.

"I am Jeon Jungkook. I work alongside of Yoongi even though I major in Forensics. I have been doing this for 3 years."

"You look young to be doing this," Minyoung said as she sat down slowly still staring that the two.

"I will assure you that my looks are deceiving, but I am highly trained in this team, I have more time on my hands since I am 23 and also work over so many others around."

Yoongi smiled at him and turned to screen, "May we continue?"

And with that the crowd all made noises of 'yes' and him and Jungjook continued on with the meeting.

-

"They ask too many questions," Jungkook stated as he sat down, taking his lab jacket off.

Yoongi pulled his off, he rolled his eyes at the boy, "Well, this is our job, well, min at least. I do it all the time. You just going to have to get used to it."

Jungkook got up and walked over to the other side of the room where Yoongi was sitting at. He was sitting down on the sofa that was in his house and grabbing his remote so he could turn on the t.v. Jungkook sat on the sofa and laid down so that his head was placed in Yoongi's lap. He could complain all day long, but he knew he could stop when he was around Yoongi.

A sound started to come from the pants pocket of Jungkook's making he sit up and get it. He looked at the caller ID and saw a number that he was just waiting to call him.

"Tae..."

"Open the door Kookie," he said quietly on the phone that Jungkook barely heard it.

"I'm at Yoongi's house Tae."

"I know that, open the door..."

Yoongi look at the Jungkook the whole time and rose from the couch to get the door. He knew Taehyung needed comfort and he had no one else to go to. He reached the door and opened it to see a crying Taehyung at his doorstep with the phone pressed to his ear still. Yoongi moved to the side and let him in the house. Taehyung walked in and turned to see Jungkook walking to the door where both of them stood.

"Tae," the boy couldn't form a sentence, what could he say?

"Why did he have to kill himself, Kookie?"

He broke down right in front of the couple and the first one to react was Yoongi as he grabbed the boy and pulled his close to him. Jungkook got closer to him and pulled him away from Yoongi, he knew that Yoongi didn't really deal to well with emotions, he barely dealt with Jungkook and he tears a couple of days ago.

"How could he this to himself? To me? To us? I feel like this is all my fault, Kookie," he said as he buried his head into his neck.

Jungkook turned to Yoongi and Yoongi nodded towards him, already knowing what to do. He walked into the kitchen leaving the other two in the same spot. Jungkook pulled Taehyung's face up and looked at him.

"This is not your fault, Tae."

"I feel like it is, we had got into that fight that night before and I left all mad. I shouldn't have blown up like I did, but he wasn't acting right."

"What do you mean?"

Taehyung wiped his eyes and put his head down, "He was talking crazy and he didn't want to do anything at all, he wanted to do work and that's it. He ignored everyone and anything. It was like he was a shell of himself."

"Tell me what happened that night," Jungkook had lead the boy to the living room, making them both sit down on the sofa.

"Well. I had cam in late and he was sitting there looking at the wall."

"At the wall?"

"Yes."

"Namjoon, babe." I had said as I walked over with food in hand. I had told him that I was going to bring take out back because I didn't feel like cooking and he didn't respond nor could he cook. He just sat there, not looking at me at all. He acted like I wasn't even there. I didn't understand so I walked closer and placed the food on the coffee table beside him.

"Namjoon..."

"What," he had finally said but he still wasn't looking at me.

"Are you okay?"

Namjoon turned to look at me and smiled at me, it looked tired and his face was pale.

"I'm fine."

"Okay well, I brought food for the both of us."

I smiled at him as he nodded his head and got up finally. I thought it was a good sign so I walked to him and kissed him, but he flinched back and looked at me in horror.

"What are you doing?"

"Kissing my Fiancé, what's wrong?"

"Don't do that crap. It burns and I feel sick."

Namjoon's face turned paler than before as he pushed past me and walked to the bathroom. I followed trying to understand what was going on with him.

"I think you need to see a doctor."

"I don't fucking need to see a doctor, Taehyung," he pushed out as he got down on his knees in front of the toilet.

He spit out my name like it was venom and I just stared at him I just wanted to know why he acted like that towards me.

Namjoon rose his head up after turning up watering and turned to me, I quickly grabbed the towel paper and handed it to him which he snatched away from me. It broke my heart more, but I wasn't going to let that get to me. I got down to the floor near him as he put his head back down ready to turn up again, I pushed his hair back and he let me, maybe because he was weak, I don't know.

"Get away, Taehyung."

"When did you start calling me that again?"

"When you started to annoy the shit out of me," he said as he pushed be away making me fall and head my head slightly against the door of the bathroom pretty hard. I groaned at it, but tried to ignore it as he did. He got up and made his way to the other room, leaving me in the bathroom. I tried to get up quickly but the blow to the head really got to me and made me take longer than possible.

"Namjoon, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

He was turned to the kitchen and grabbed something from the counter, I was barely making it into the other room. As I got closer, he held something out, his eyes were black? They were so black, that it stopped me in my tracks.

"Stay back, you worthless bitch."

My faced changed at them words, those weren't the words of my fiancé and I knew it. I tried again to hold back what I wanted to say and I just stared at him.

"I-what the fuck is wrong wit-"

"There nothing fucking wrong. Damn why can't you leave me alone you over protective fuck."

Namjoon slammed the object down into table as he walked over to me. I was frozen in my spot. What can I really do? I could run but I didn't want to, I didn't think it would solve anything.

"I feel like shit and I hate it. I hate myself and I hate you."

"You don't mean that..."

"Yes I do, how the hell would you know?"

Namjoon stopped before he was standing in front of me. I was terrified.

"Because this isn't you. I know you."

"You don't. If you did, you would know things about how I feel. I feel like shit Taehyung. Total and completed shit. I cried for my whole life because no one in my family accepts me, I only have you and then you'll leave I will be by myself. I hate that you came into my life and fuck shit up for me."

"I didn't know you felt that way," I said but by then, my nice act faded out and then I snapped, "Why the fuck did you propose if you didn't give a shit? It you gave so much interest in what you fucking dumb ass parent's thought, why the fuck are you here with me right now? Why the fuck are we wasting our time for, HUH?"

Namjoon gripped the object more and glared at me, I glared back and then I looked down at his hand to notice his hand had a knife in it that I never bought into the house. I wondered where the fuck he got it from and why did he have it with him right now. Was he planning on killing me?

"Just go. Leave like the rest, I'll be fine without you here."

"You don't mean that, I'm sorry for going off but, you -"

"Shit, there you go again. Shut up and leave. Go and be with your up-tight ass family that I don't give a shit about."

Before I knew it, I had punched him square in the mouth and he cried out, dropping the knife down and holding his face, screaming so loud, it wasn't even that hard. It was like I had burned him, he was red in the face and his face flared up quickly after I took my hand from it but my mind was already made up when I turned around and snatched the food from the table and turned to walked out the door.

"Screw you. I'll be back when you get your shit together."

Before I could open the door, he had started saying some weird chant making me turn around and see him crying and looking at the knife in front of him.

I ignored it and walked out with my broken heart still aching.

"Damn, Tae, you punched him," Yoongi said as he sat down next to Jungkook and handed both of them hot tea.

Jungkook turned to him and glared as Taehyung shrugged his shoulders and looked down at the cup.

"I just feel like he was going through some stuff and I should have stayed and tried to work out, but I couldn't do that. I was just so mad."

Yoongi shook his head, "It wasn't your fault. He shouldn't have said that to you."

"I know, but he was so mad and he was acting all strange. He didn't care about anything but that damn knife."

"The knife?"

Yoongi put the tea down and then turned to them, "The knife that we found in the crime scene wasn't like the knifes in the kitchen so the forensics team is going to check it to see any finger prints on it and other things that could help the case. But you saying that he had a strange knife in the room makes us change a burglary crime into a whole new crime."

"That makes no sense. It's just a knife."

Yoongi looked at Jungkook, "Yes it is, but you being a forensic scientist as well, you know as I know that it could be more to it than that."

Before he could get any words out, the doorbell rang making them all turn to the door. Yoongi started to get up, but Jungkook pushed him back down and got up instead, "I'll answer it. Talk to Tae."

He walked over to the door, really wondering who would have been at the door at this time of night, it was almost hitting 10 o clock. He unlocked the door and pulled it open to see nothing outside. He grabbed a strange look around and then looked down and saw a package boxed up on the door mat.

He opened the screen door and picked it up and closed both doors back up. He made his way back into the room and got the attention of Yoongi first.

"What was it?"

"No one, but there was a box."

Yoongi grabbed the box from the boy and looked at the front of it.

"No return address on it."

"I say don't open it."

"It's not even for me."

"Then who is it to-"

"It has your name on it. So open it."

Jungkook grabbed the box back and stared at it. He snatched the tape open and opened the box open to see a cloth covering something inside.

"What is it?"

He ignored the boy right next to him and picked the cloth off the top and saw it.

"It's a knife."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 13.5K 36
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
946K 37.7K 47
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
947K 50.8K 34
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
636K 32K 24
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...