Until I Met You

Per emmaroseszalai

For Jessalyn and her mom, moving to the small town of Avondale, California seemed like the perfect decision;... Més

1: Until I Met You
2: Until I Met You
3: Until I Met You
4: Until I Met You
5: Until I Met You
6: Until I Met You
7: Until I Met You
8: Until I Met You
9: Until I Met You
10: Until I Met You
11: Until I Met You
12: Until I Met You
13: Until I Met You
14: Until I Met You
15: Until I Met You
16: Until I Met You
17: Until I Met You
18: Until I Met You
19: Until I Met You
20: Until I Met You
21: Until I Met You
22: Until I Met You
23: Until I Met You
24: Until I Met You
25: Until I Met You
26: Until I Met You
27: Until I Met You
29: Until I Met You
30: Until I Met You
31: Until I Met You
32: Until I Met You
33: Until I Met You
Epilogue: Until I Met You
Update From The Author

28: Until I Met You

696K 19K 9.6K
Per emmaroseszalai

Chapter 28

Due to the lack of oxygen I was currently consuming, I was the one to pull out of the kiss first – a dazed expression on my face as I opened my eyes to see Cason smiling down at me. It had occurred to me that that had been my first real kiss, seeing as when he kissed me the night before I just stood frozen in shock.

Biting my lip shyly, I pulled back a little more while sending a small smile back to Cason.

“Wow.” Cason stated, succeeding in making me blush and duck my head. Not even a second later I felt Cason step closer to me as his hand came up and lifted my face up softly. “Hey, don’t be embarrassed Jessa.”

My blush, which had faded slightly, came back with a vengeance at his words. “I’m not embarrassed.” I mumbled in response, not only trying to convince him but, me as well that my words were true.

Cason stepped back a little as he rolled his eyes, clearly not believing my words. “Sure you’re not.”

Giving him a guilty smile, we both knew I was slightly embarrassed but, it was a good embarrassed.

“So, when you said you’d give me a chance,” he started, changing the subject nervously. “Does that chance include taking you out on a date?”

I noticed the hopefulness in his voice as he finished his question and felt a smile grow on my face as a warm feeling spread throughout the pit of my stomach – almost as if a couple of butterflies were roaming inside of me.

Smiling shyly at him, I nodded simply and slowly. “Yea, I’d really like that.”

Now, two days had passed since our all-important day on the dock but, we hadn’t actually gone on a date yet. Sure, we had gone out with Olivia and Evan like we always did and, maybe we held hands and acted a little more like a couple but, we hadn’t kissed again or talked about what had happened the last couple days.

That is until Cason called me today to ask if I was free to go out tonight and, after confirming the plans, I was both excited and nervous about our first date.

Since Cason had told me he would come and pick me up around six ‘o’clock, I was currently in my room with Olivia and we were trying to figure out what the perfect outfit was for me to wear.

“Well, I’d say shorts are out because you wear those all the time.” Olivia said as she sifted through the clothes in my closet while I waited patiently on my bed. “You guys are so close already so, he won’t expect you to dress up in something overly fancy but, I think giving him a surprise when you answer the door is always okay.”

“I don’t have that many things besides my regular tops and shorts.” I sighed, running my hand through my hair stressfully. “There might be a dress or two in the back from one point or another but, other than that, I can’t think of anything.”

Olivia, making some noises telling me that she had heard and understood me, nodded her head as she kept looking through my wardrobe. After a minute or two, I saw her pull out a hanger and hold it out to me as she turned around.

“What about this one?” she asked, seemingly unsure of her first pick.

Scrunching my face up in disgust, I was looking directly at a lime green dress that my dad had bought me for Christmas two years ago. Needless to say, I had never worn it as it looked more like a pile of boogers than the colour of Christmas.

“Definitely not.”

Olivia’s shoulders fell slightly as she nodded in understanding and turned back to my closet, determined to find me the perfect outfit for my date.

Ten minutes later, after shooting down the outfit I had worn to the Michael’s Christmas party and another old dress she had found on the far left side of my closet, Olivia found a winner. She pulled out a navy blue sundress that was tighter around the bust and flowed out at the waist. It was strapless, had a white polka dot pattern and, with the brown belt that Olivia was holding in her other hand, I knew this was it.

Hopping up from my place on the bed, I bounced over to Olivia with an excited grin on my face as I examined the dress up close. “This is perfect!” I said, “But where on Earth did you find it? I’ve never seen this before.”

“That’s because I just bought it this morning.”

Instead of Olivia replying, I was shocked to hear my mom’s voice answer my question and, when I turned to the sound of her voice, she was leaning lightly on the side of my door frame.

 "But why?” I asked curiously, scrunching up my eyebrows slightly.

My mom smiled at me in amusement but, I didn’t understand the secret behind her grin until after she spoke. “Well, a little birdy told me that you and Cason made up, in fact, she said something about him taking you out on a date tonight.”

My eyes widened as my mind absorbed what my mother was telling me. There are only two people that would’ve told my mom about my date; Cason himself, which seemed highly unlikely, and Diana. Cason must’ve told his mom, who in turn told my mom and now, I was facing the repercussions.

“Umm… yea.” I replied shyly, ducking my head down in embarrassment. I was planning on telling my mom about Cason and I but, after we had been going out for a little while and I was sure that I could see myself with him for a while.

“Honey,” my mom started, walking over to me and putting her hands on my shoulders. “There’s nothing to be embarrassed about. You’re going on a date with a guy that you’ve been close to since we moved here and, to be honest, if he didn’t ask you out soon I would’ve had a serious talk with the guy.”

“MOM!”

“What?” she replied innocently, “Come on Jessalyn, I could tell that Cason had feelings for you. A blind man could probably figure out how he’s been feeling about you for the past couple weeks.”

“Told you!” Olivia said, inputting her opinion into the conversation. When I rotated my neck to give her a look of disbelief, she put on the same mask of innocence my mom had just used and shrugged her shoulders. “What?”

“How come I was the only one that couldn’t see how Cason was feeling?” I asked incredulously, glancing back and forth between my mom and Olivia as I waited for a reply.

Both of them shrugged but, it was my mom who replied. “Honey, you were probably closing your eyes to the possibility. It was so blatantly obvious but, you weren’t looking at him through love-struck eyes; you were just looking past his feelings and seeing him as your friend.”

“Then what changed?” I wondered out loud.

“When he kissed you on the Ferris wheel, your vision probably cleared and you saw what was right in front of you.” Olivia replied.

My eyes bugged out at her words as she mentioned the kiss in front of my mom. I hadn’t exactly told my mom that Cason had kissed me not once but, twice. I guess I didn’t have to worry about that now as Olivia let the cat out of the bag.

“He kissed you?” my mom shrieked, a wide smile on her face as I turned and smiled sheepishly at her.

 "He may have kissed me… twice.” I mumbled, slightly embarrassed to be talking about this with my mom.

“Oh honey, that’s great!” she said cheerfully, giving me a smile. “My baby’s growing up!”

I sighed, now embarrassed that she was talking about me growing up in front of Olivia but, by the amused look on my friend’s face, I would say that she was finding this quite hilarious.

My mother must have noticed the embarrassing blush that was starting to creep up my neck as she dropped her smile quickly and put on a calm expression. “Okay, okay, I’ll leave you two to whatever it was you were doing before I came in.” she said, turning around and heading for the door. “Just come and say goodbye to me before you leave.”

With my mom’s final words, she walked out of the room and closed the door behind her, leaving Olivia and me alone.

“Now, let’s get to work.” Olivia said, pushing the little scene with my mom to the back of her mind as she held up the dress and shook it lightly in indication.

Smiling at her, I nodded in reply. We had a little over an hour to make me look good enough to be Cason’s girlfriend and, we were both determined to make that happen.

An hour later I had showered and dried my hair, leaving Olivia with the task of using a curling iron to put soft curls in my hair. I looked in the mirror to see that it looked great as she had added a small silver clip where some of my hair had been pinned back to the side of my head. Now all that was left was for me to apply some light make-up and slip into my dress before Cason arrived.

Sticking with my normal make-up routine, I applied some light concealer with a bit of light blush on top and, I used my mascara to make my eyelashes longer and more vibrant than regular. In addition to the basics, I also added a touch of silver eye shadow to make my eyes pop a little more than usual. After applying a generous amount of my pink lip gloss, I leaned back and smiled at myself in the mirror.

Stepping out of the bathroom, I barely got both feet into the room before I was ushered back into my en-suite by Olivia as she handed me the dress and shooed me away.

Rolling my eyes in amusement as she closed the door behind me, I stripped quickly before pulling on the dress and wrapping the brown belt around my torso to lay it gently on my hips.

This time, when I stepped out of the bathroom completely ready for my date, Olivia was sitting on my bed texting. She must have heard my footsteps because, just about a second later her head snapped up and she smiled at me, abandoning the phone she was previously using.

“You look so good.” she said excitedly, walking over to me and circling me twice. After fixing my dress slightly and tweaking a piece of hair here or there, she stood in front of me with a full blown grin. “You’re gonna make Cason wish he asked you out sooner when he sees you.”

Blushing at her compliment, I looked down at my outfit quickly with a smile. “You really think so?” I asked, biting my lip shyly as I tried to keep my giddy feelings deep down inside of me.

She nodded in response. “Obviously! I mean, you look gorgeous everyday but this, Cason’s jaw is sure to drop a couple of inches when he sees you.”

“Thanks.” I mumbled shyly as the butterflies in my stomach started to flutter rigorously. Cason would be here within the next couple of minutes and, my nerves and anxiety were starting to spike as I thought about actually going out with and dating Cason; the guy who’s been my best friend and rock for the last couple of months.

Olivia, obviously sensing my anxiety and worries, suddenly put her hands on my shoulders and pushed me to look her in the eye. “Jessalyn, there is nothing to be worried about.” she said as she started a pep talk. “You and Cason have been out by yourselves loads of times and not once has anything gone wrong. Tonight is just gonna be a fun night for the both of you and, by the time you get home tonight you’re going to realize that these pesky little worries are just your first date jitters. As soon as you leave tonight just relax and treat this as any other night that you guys would spend together.” she finished but, I could tell by the spark of amusement in her eyes that she wanted to say something else.

“Oh and, you might get a little lip action throughout the night, but really, what’s wrong with that?” she added on teasingly.

A bright blush spread across my face as she grinned at me wickedly and I gasped, shocked at her words. “Olivia!” I exclaimed embarrassedly, nudging her hip with mine.

My blush started to simmer as Olivia shook her head in amusement. “Anyways,” she said, switching topics. “I’m gonna head back home now since Evan’s picking me up in about an hour for our own date but, you better call me the minute you get home tonight and tell me all the juicy details.”

“Promise?” Olivia asked, raising an eyebrow as she held out her pinky to me.

A small smile grew on my face as I brought my own pinky up and wrapped it around hers. “Promise.” I agreed.

Without another word, our pinkies detached and with a final wave, Olivia smiled at me as she turned and headed out of my room and down the stairs.

Ten minutes later I was simply seated on the edge of my bed playing a game I had recently purchased for my phone when the familiar chiming of the doorbell blasted throughout the house.

Nerves shot through me once again as my brain frazzled momentarily at what was about to happen. Even though we had already stepped over the line that separated friends and something more, if today went well there was really no going back. Scrambling up from my bed quickly, my feet hit the coldness of my hardwood floor and, I looked down in exasperation.

I had forgotten to pick out a pair of shoes.

Quickly, I headed over to my closet and looked down to see a perfect pair of brown flats that matched the colour of my belt and would be comfy to walk in, no matter what Cason had planned for tonight. Stepping into them quickly, I took one last look in my mirror and quickly headed out of my room and down the stairs.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs I could hear my mom talking with Cason.

“Hey Cason.”

“Hey Wendy.” he greeted in return and, at just the sound of his voice, I calmed down instantly. Olivia’s pep talk came springing back into my mind and I realized I had nothing to worry about.

“I’ll just go see what’s taking Jessalyn so long.” my mom said but, before I could hear her footsteps, I rounded the corner and showed myself.

“I’m right here.” I said, sending a smile towards my mom before glancing at Cason.

Tonight he was wearing a pair of his khaki shorts that I’ve seen him in many times before but, he had paired them with a short sleeve button up that was categorized on the colour wheel between sky blue and baby blue. His hair was unusually messy but, it was a good look on him as he sent me a smile that sent chills up my spine – the good kind.

“I’ll just leave you two alone but, have her home by midnight.” my mom said cheekily before turning and walking out of the room.

When we were alone, Cason took a step closer to me and, if it was even possible, his smile widened slightly as I felt myself blush. “You look beautiful Jessa.”

Looking up at him while biting my lip, I contained my smile as I replied. “Thanks.” I said shyly. “You don’t look too bad yourself.”

“Thanks.” he replied confidently, pushing his chest out slightly as his hands dipped into his pockets.

I let loose a laugh at his cocky response but, I was glad we could get over the slightly awkwardness of the first moment and just hop into the date.

“Always the confident boy.” I commented, nudging his arm slightly with a teasing smile on my face.

“You know it.” he replied as he winked his eye jokingly.

Withholding an eye roll, I smoothed out my dress slightly before speaking. “So… are you ready to go?” I asked. “You know, wherever it is we’re going.”

“It’s a surprise.” he said with a smile and a nod. “And yea, we can get going.”

Stepping out of my house, I was immediately perplexed at the view in front of me. Turning to Cason in confusion, I scrunched my eyebrows up slightly. “Where’s your car, or are we walking?”

Cason smiled at me and, I could tell that he was going to be keeping me in the dark about this date as long as he could. “We’re walking but, before you complain, it’s not that far of a walk.”

“I wasn’t going to complain.” I replied adamantly before turning and making my way down the driveway.

I thought Cason was following but, since I couldn’t hear any footsteps, I turned to see what was taking him so long. Instead of seeing him on the ground in pain or frozen in time, I saw him with his hands in his pockets and a smirk on his face in the exact same spot he had been just seconds before.

Raising an eyebrow in confusion, I looked at him strangely. “Aren’t you coming?”

“I would be,” he started, his voice leaking with amusement as the smirk on his face grew bigger as he continued to speak. “If you were going the right way.”

“What?” I mumbled, thoroughly confused as I made my way back to Cason.

Cason slipped one of his hands out of his pocket and extended it until it was intertwined with my home. Smiling down at our hands, he started to lead me to the side of my house. “Come on.” he directed with a nod of his head as I followed him with no idea what he was up to. 

It became obvious after a couple of minutes that he was leading me to the beach but, I was still anxious to find out what he had planned for our first date. After a couple minutes of silence, my mind seemed to comprehend that we were headed towards the floating dock that we’d met on several occasions. From our current spot I could see some kind of light coming from the dock but, it wasn’t until we got closer that I realized what it really was.

The scene laid out in front of me was absolutely breathtaking. There was a standard red and white picnic blanket laid down near the end of the dock and, the basket that rested on top of it looked like it was full to the brim with fresh food. Also, since it was winter despite the nice weather, the sun was dipping down on the horizon so, Cason had set up a few funky lanterns around the dock to give us some light.

I was shocked still as Cason stepped in front of me nervously. “Umm… is this okay?” he asked, bringing the hand that wasn’t rested in mine up to scratch the back of his head. “I just thought that since I already brought you to the fair, the aquarium and, out to lunch or dinner a bunch of times that, uh, it’d be cool just to do something a little simpler for our first date.” he rambled and, when he looked at my shocked face he groaned. “Oh god, I totally blew it! I knew I should’ve just taken you to a nice, fancy restaurant where you could enjoy the food and just…”

Bringing myself out of my frozen state, I shook my head and brought my free hand up to cover his mouth and stop his rambling. Cason stopped talking immediately and looked at me with wide eyes but, all I could do was sport a giant grin as I brought my hand away from his mouth.

“Cason,” I started, squeezing his hand that was still intertwined with mine. “This is amazing and, I love that you put some thought into it rather than just taking me to a place we’ve been a billion times so, thank you.” I finished, smiling at him.

He returned the smile as I visibly saw whatever stress and nerves he still had in his body disappear as he relaxed.

“Well, welcome to our own little paradise for the night.” he said, leading me down the dock to where he had set up the picnic.

“This is so cute.” I said as I took a seat on one side of the blanket and Cason sat down across from me.

After making sure that my dress wasn’t showing off anything I didn’t mean it to, I looked up and saw that Cason was just smiling at me.

"What?” I asked shyly, bringing my hand up to push some of my loose hair behind my ear.

Cason just lifted his lips up slightly and shook his head. “It doesn’t matter but, are you hungry?” he asked, nodding towards the picnic basket that was rested beside him. When I nodded, he reached over and lifted the lid to get the food out. “So, we have a macaroni salad, bread sticks, chicken fingers and fries.”

Smiling as he took out the food and put it on the blanket, I waited until he unpacked the plates and utensils to start opening the food.

“Wow,” I said, looking at the delicious food that was set out in front of me. “This looks and smells fantastic.”

“Well it should,” he replied, making me raise my eyebrow as I thought he was going to say that he had cooked it all. Instead of confirming he had made it, he said the complete opposite. “I ordered it specially from the diner in town and, they promised me that my date would be thoroughly impressed.”

Giggling at Cason’s confession, I couldn’t help teasing him a little. “I thought you were gonna say that you made it.” I admitted as my giggles wore off, grabbing a plate before placing a spoonful of macaroni salad on it.

Cason released a snort as I stop speaking and shook his head. “God no,” he said as he started to make his own plate of food. “I can’t cook at all. I’m pretty sure that the one time I tried to cook eggs for myself last year, I ended up calling my mom to find out where she kept the fire extinguisher.”

Suddenly glad I hadn’t taken a bite of my food yet, I laughed as the image of Cason being bad at anything filled my mind. “I thought you were trying to impress me?” I asked teasingly. “Who said I wanted a guy that couldn’t cook?”

“Hey, you can’t be good at everything.” he replied cheekily, winking at me before he grabbed a forkful of salad and started to eat.

Shaking my head in amusement, I picked up my fork and shoveled a small amount of food into my mouth, trying not to look too much like a hungry pig. As the food came in contact with my taste buds, I withheld a moan of appreciation as I simply took another bite.

For the next couple of minutes, as the two of us started to make way on our meals, we sat in a comfortable silence shooting each other small, sincere smiles once in a while when we caught the others eye. Looking out as the sun finished its descent on the water, I could see it rippling lightly as the waves rolled into shore.

“So,” I started warily, putting my empty place down on the blanket as I leant back slightly, supporting my weight with my hands. “Has your dad contacted you since you saw him a week or so ago?”

I didn’t how my question was going to be received but, Cason didn’t seem to be getting upset so, I was hoping that was a positive.

Cason finished off the bit of food he had left on his plate before resting it on top of mine and shrugging his shoulders. “I mean, he called me on New Year’s Day before I went to your house looking for you. He just said that he hoped I have a good year and, I quote,” he said, sending me a secretive smirk before continuing. “’Ask that little brunette girl that came to see me out already’. He said he could practically feel the tension between us when we went to visit him but, I just think that was the anger I had radiating off me that was directed at him.”

“Oh,” I said calmly, raising an eyebrow in surprise. “So you only asked me out because your father told you to. I didn’t figure you for a daddy’s boy.”

As I teased him, he simply rolled his eyes at me. “You’re one of the only ones that know I used to be a giant daddy’s boy.” he said softly and, suddenly this conversation sounded a lot more serious.

“And I feel honoured that you trust me with that.”

“I trust you with a lot of things Jessa,” he said. “Maybe more than I should for only knowing you for half a year.”

I couldn’t come up with an appropriate response to that and, even if I could I probably wouldn’t even be able to speak as the look Cason was currently giving me was rendering me speechless. It was like his eyes were staring into my soul and trying to communicate something with me, something I couldn’t understand at this point in time.

Just as I was about to open my mouth and respond, Cason shook his head and came back out of his daze. “Well, since we’re done with this little picnic,” he started, smiling down at me as he stood up. “Did you wanna take a little stroll down the beach?”

Returning the smile to him softly, I noticed he had extended his hand out to me and, I placed my hand in his as he helped me up.

“Wait,” I said, stopping as we reached the sand and looking back at the leftovers from Cason’s picnic. “Shouldn’t we clean that up first?”

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll come back and pick it up later.” Cason said, waving off the picnic before nodding towards the beach. “Now come on, let’s just walk.”

Grasping his outstretched hand, I smiled at him as he intertwined my fingers and started pulling us along. Somewhere along the walk we ditched our shoes, opting to hold them in our hands as we stepped closer to the water. The water and sand that seemed to seep between my toes was relaxing as Cason and I stumbled upon the topic of New Year’s resolutions.

“I mean, it seems like everybody says that they’re going to try and eat healthier and start working out but, after a couple of days they just go back to the way they were the year before.”

 “Everybody just makes up a pointless goal to say they have a resolution but, once everyone around them forgets about their resolution, they do to.” Cason said, adding onto my previous statement. 

"Exactly.” I agreed.

“So, what was your New Year’s resolution?” he asked curiously, squeezing my hand softly, as if to say I could trust him.

I shrugged my shoulders in response. “I don’t really make resolutions at New Year’s.” I said before continuing to explain myself. “I just find them kind of pointless, you know since most people don’t actually stick to theirs. I usually make resolutions at the beginning of a school year but, they never really come true.”

“Like what?”

“You know, like get good grades, don’t get in trouble with the teachers, try and put myself out there, make some new friends.” I listed, thinking of some of my old resolutions off the top of my head. “But besides the first two none of them really ever end up happening.”

 “This year they did.” Cason commented, squeezing my hand again in comfort.

Rolling my eyes at his cheesiness but, truthfulness, a smile blossomed on my face. “Yea but, that’s only because I moved here.” I reasoned. “If I was still back in my old town, I would probably still be that scared little shy girl that got bullied and teased.”

“Hey,” Cason said, pulling us to a stop and cupping my face with his loose hand. “Sometimes everybody needs a new start.”

My cheeks started to heat up at the intenseness that shone in his eyes and, I had to dip my head in embarrassment as I smiled at his sweetness. Cason must have sensed how my mood had lifted because, he let his hand fall from my face as we started walking again.

"What about you?” I asked, turning the tables around on him. “What were your New Year’s resolutions?”

Cason smiled down at me before replying. “Well, I only had one and, that was to get the girl I’ve had a crush on to agree to go on a date with me.”

As if on cue, my cheeks burnt red as a warm and fuzzy feeling started in the pit of my stomach and my heart started to beat faster.

“No need to be embarrassed.” Cason said, leaning down to whisper in my ear. “You’re beautiful.”

I would’ve melted into a pile of goo at his words if I wasn’t holding his hands but, my blush definitely became more prominent – if that was even possible.

Cason, ever the charmer, started to chuckle as my whole face started to slowly drain of heat as he pulled his hand from mine and, instead, opted to wrap his arm around my shoulder and pull me into the side of body.

Continuing to walk, we chatted about different things and, before I knew it we were approaching the marina at the far side of the public beach. Looking back behind me in shock, I realized that without noticing it, we had ended up walking a couple of kilometres down the beach.

As I looked at the boats that were currently docking and unloading, I felt slightly uncomfortable when images of my dad boating flew into my mind.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Cason asked as he saw the change in my facial expression.

“Oh, nothing.” I replied at first but, when he shot me a look that told me he knew I was lying, I sighed and told him the truth. “I’m just remembering a few times I saw my dad boating before the accident, that’s all.”

Without commenting, Cason nodded in understanding.

After a couple seconds of silence, Cason broke the serenity warily. “Would you ever consider going boating anytime soon?” he asked tentatively. “You know, to prove to yourself that boats in general have nothing to do with your father’s passing.”

“Probably,” I said truthfully, my gaze settling on a boat that was starting to pull away from the marina. “I know that not all boats will malfunction, sink or run wild but, I don’t know if I’d be able to face that just yet.”

Cason nodded, but when he dropped his arm from my shoulder, I started to wonder if I had said something wrong. With his lack of response, I turned my head slightly to ask him what was wrong but, when I did, I was met with a spritz of water hitting my face.

I gasped in shock, bringing my hands up to wipe the water from my eyes and, when I opened my eyes fully I saw Cason bent down slightly with a smirk on his face. “Did you just splash me?” I asked incredulously.

“And what if I did?” he replied challengingly.

I smiled at him as I realized he had done this to bring us out of the conversation we were previously having. Although I had to get splashed in the process, I was glad he could divert my attention onto something less serious.

“Oh, it’s on.”

With that, a short and fun water war started between the two of us as we chucked our shoes up onto the sand and took turns splashing each other in the shallow water.

Almost an hour later we were walking towards my house after going back to pick up the picnic. Cason had said that he would go and clean up after he dropped me home but, I wanted to spend a little bit more time with him so, I offered to help him.

Approaching my front door, I stopped and turned to Cason with a smile plastered on my face. “Well, I had fun tonight.” I confessed, moving my thumb slowly over the back of his hand.

“So did I.” Cason agreed, smiling back at me. Suddenly, he dropped my hand and reached into the picnic basket he was holding. “I almost forgot, for you.” he said as he pulled out the stuffed elephant he had won me at the fair. “You left it on the Ferris wheel that night and I would’ve just dropped it into your mailbox, but I wanted to return it in person.”

Shocked but, also in awe, I grabbed the elephant and slowly brought it to my chest. “Thanks Cason.” I said softly, looking up at him through my eyelashes as I gave him a sincere smile.

“And there’s something else.” he stated, making me crinkle my eyebrows in confusion.

Did he forget something? Did he just want to be friends? Was this date a complete flop in his eyes?

Before I could doubt myself any longer, Cason reached out and intertwined our fingers once again, succeeding in giving me butterflies all over again.

“Well, I had a great time tonight and, assuming that you did to, I umm… well I guess I just want us to hang out often. Not that we don’t already hang out a lot because, you know we’re friends but, I was hoping, you know, that we could hang out as more than friends I guess.” he rambled and, when he was about to continue, he looked up at me and saw the amused look on my face. “Oh god, you look like you’re about to laugh.” he said dreadfully.

“I am about to laugh, but not because I think what you said was stupid.” I said, squeezing his hand reassuringly. “I think that your rambling is cute and, I completely agree with everything you just said.”

Cason let a deep breath out as his whole demeanour became relaxed. “Great!” he chirped and, when I let out a small laugh, he cleared his throat and repeated himself. “I mean great.”

“So…”

“So…” Cason repeated with a small and nervous smile on his face. “Jessa, would you want to be my girlfriend.”

At his words, my heart started to beat a mile a minute and, even though I knew that this is where we were headed, it surprised me that he was asking me tonight.

Realizing that my lack of response may have been misleading, I shook myself out of shock as a huge smile erupted on my face. “Yes, of course.” I replied, mumbling slightly as I feeling a little giddy.

Cason’s eyes shone bright at my reply and, before I had time to comprehend what was happening, his face was coming closer to mine and his lips were descending onto mine.

My eyes closed automatically and, when our lips met in unison, it was complete and utter bliss. My heart beat, which was already fast, sped up and it felt like it was about to burst with the amount of heat I was currently feeling in my body. Sparks and tingles were shooting up and down my body extremely fast and, I felt as though the butterflies in my stomach had just grew to ten times their size and were on a caffeine rush, what with the speed and intensity they were currently fluttering inside my stomach.

Although it felt like an eternity, our lips were moving together for about ten seconds before Cason pulled back. Opening my eyes, I saw that his face was still relatively close to mine and, he was flashing me a wide grin.

Biting my lip shyly, I didn’t know what to say but, I didn’t need to as Cason leaned back in to peck my lips quickly again before pulling back completely.

“I’ll call you tomorrow and, if you’re not busy, we could do something.” Cason suggested, the smile not lifting off of his face.

I nodded in response, smiling. “I’m sure I won’t be busy.”

“Well, I’ll see you tomorrow.” he said in finality.

“Tomorrow.” I agreed as we both turned around and headed our separate ways, me into my house and, Cason down the driveway.

Closing the front door behind me, I was half expecting my mom to be sitting in the living room waiting for me to tell her every detail about my date but, when I couldn’t find her, I figured she was asleep.

Walking up to my room, I felt like I was floating as I fell backwards onto my bed and looked up at my ceiling. The smile on my face couldn’t be diminished but, when my mind came back to the real world a few minutes later, I picked up my phone from my night stand and texted Olivia that I would call her and tell her everything tomorrow as I was dead tired.

I realized quickly that my text to Olivia was true as my mouth opened in a wide yawn and a wave of exhaustion washed over me.

Placing my phone back where it was, I picked up the pajamas that were at the end of my bed and quickly went to the bathroom to change, take my hair down and, scrub the make-up off my face.

When I walked back into my room, my phone was buzzing again and, thinking it was Olivia replying to my previous text, I went over to reply.

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it instead of Olivia, the text that had come through was from Cason. It wasn’t a long or cheesy text that would make any girl fall to pieces but, instead it was a simple two words that put a smile on my face.

Goodnight Jessa xo :)

Typing a short goodnight message back, I put my phone on silent for the rest of the night and sank into my bed.

Before I fell into a deep sleep for the night, the events from tonight replayed in on my eyelids as my brain started to shut down. ‘Yup’ I thought, ‘Tonight was definitely the best night of my life.

***************************************************************

So, I hope you all enjoyed this cute chapter :)

Thank you all so much for the support this last week. With the copyright violation to the amount of votes and fans I’ve gained… it’s absolutely amazing and I can’t thank you all enough.

On another amazing note… this story has already bypassed 5,000,000 reads and it’s incredible! I can’t believe you guys believe in this story that much.

Finally, just a reminder to fan me and vote on this, as well as the other chapters so this book can get in the running for the Watty Awards 2013 ! x

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

3.3K 166 25
Rachel Cove is pretty much a normal teenager. She spends her free time with her best friend Skylar, volunteering, or fighting with her older brothers...
19.2K 1.5K 69
A college girl in her last year was preparing her way to adulthood. She tried to plan, but she always ended up planed nothing. She had no plan but...
4.4K 90 35
Ellis King, an ordinary 21 year old is about to have her world turned upside down but will it all end well?? A chance meeting with Lando Norris turns...
2.3M 41.1K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...