50 days • {Nalu}

By killuas

After an intense encounter with a powerful dark mage, Team Natsu, along with the rest of the guild, are left... More

The Curse
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 14
Day 16
Day 17
Day 25
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30
Day 31
Day 33
Day 40
Day 41
Day 43
THANK YOU
Day 44
Day 45
Day 46
Day 49
Day 50
Scattered Memories
Mind of Mine
Home
And So...
Epilogue ; The Wedding.
Epilogue ; Revelation
Bonus Chapter!!
thank you once more
new story

Day 15

11.3K 467 306
By killuas

Lucy awoke very early the next morning. The sun was rising as she stared at the ceiling, lost deep in her thoughts. Her dream was weird and had caused her to jolt awake. In her dream, she was falling. Lucy may have been falling, yet she was confident that someone would be there to catch her.

She couldn't hear her own voice as she shouted the name, but she could recall the movements of her mouth. When the arms enclosed around her as she was caught, she awoke. Her hand now resting on her forehead while the other was gripping her comforter, she began to mouth the word she believes she was saying in the dream.

"Not so? Lots-o? Motso? Natsa?" she mumbled, eyebrows furrowing together.

"Natsu?" at this, she sat up. Lucy was confident that that was it. But why? Who was Natsu? Why had she shouted their name? What was this Natsu to her?

Seeing as she wasn't falling back asleep, she stretched her arms over her head while letting a small yawn escape her lips. She decided to just get up and ready herself for the day. Lucy showered and dressed herself in her usual attire. Brushing her hair while exiting the bathroom, she wandered over to her desk to find a single white rose and a note.

"This wasn't here when I first woke up." she mumbled, reaching for the note.

seems that you woke up earlier than usual. hope you're not too tired and that you are willing to accompany me to the beach this afternoon. let's meet at the sakura tree in the park.
xo, your secret admirer.

Lucy's eyes widened and her cheeks flushed.  She put the note down and quickly put a bag together containing a swimsuit, sun screen, towel and maybe a book if things got awkward. The note didn't say a specific time, but that didn't matter. Lucy was already making her way out the door.

The weather was fresh with a light breeze. Lucy knew it would grow warmer as the day went on, so she was glad that her admirer decided to head to the beach. She let out a breath as she arrived in front of the sakura tree. A male with pink hair stood there with his own bag. Lucy could only assume that this was the man, especially since there was no one else in the park besides the two of them.

Natsu was kicking pebbles before looking up and seeing Lucy. He grinned and waved her over. She didn't hesitate to approach him and give him a warm smile.

"Hi." she greeted.

"Morning." he smiled again.

"I'm Lucy." she stuck her hand out for him to shake and he gladly took it.

"Natsu." her eyes widened a bit in surprise. Was this the guy who she called out to in her dream? Why? Why him?

She shook it off and covered her surprised expression with a smile.

"Shall we go?" Natsu asked.

"Yeah." she nodded. He extended his hand to her and she took it with no hesitation. They walked in comfortable silence, observing as the town became alive in the early morning hours. Shopkeepers setting up stands, the smells of freshly made bread and brewing coffee filled the air.

Lucy was about to suggest they stop for breakfast before she was interrupted.

"Natsu! Lucy!" a familiar voice shouted. The two turned to face Erza, Gray, Juvia, Wendy, Levy, Gajeel, and the exceeds. Mira, Lisanna, and Cana were not too far behind. Each of them had a beach-bag in hand or hitched on their shoulders.

"Mira heard you were going to the beach the other day and we decided to tag along." Erza explained.

"Um, guys, this was supposed to be, an... um." Natsu started.

"Date." Lucy finished for him, squeezing his hand in reassurance.

"Oh, we're just going to swim. You lovebirds can do whatever you like." Mira told them while smiling.

The two became flustered, mumbling things that were uncomprehenable.

"Let's just go." Cana whined, taking a swig of her drink. The group cheered and began to make their way to the beach.

"I'm still hungry." Lucy pouted.

"Wanna ditch the whole beach thing and go get something to eat?" Natsu offered.

Lucy eyes brightened and she eagerly nodded her head. Natsu chuckled at her reaction and began to direct her to a nearby cafe, seeing as their hands were still intertwined.

"I wonder if the others will get mad that we ditched them." Lucy pondered.

"Eh, don't worry about it. They did ruin our date after all." Natsu assured her. She blushed lightly and nodded in agreement.

They entered the cafe and were immediately seated at a booth for two. It was a cute little place with very little people. The two sat in silence as they looked over the menus and decided what to order. Soon enough, a waiter came by and took down their orders. A stack of pancakes and a side of fruit for Lucy and pretty much everything on the menu for Natsu.

"Are you gonna be able to eat that much?" Lucy asked him, a bit skeptical.

"Just watch me." He smirked. They made little small talk and when their food arrived, they ate in silence. It was a nice way to start the morning. Lucy sighed in satisfaction once she finished, as did Natsu who patted his stomach.

They paid their bill and headed out, the day now warmer than before.

"Hey! Let's go to guild's pool. Everyone else went to the beach and some are on jobs or just lazing around the guild. It'll just be us." Natsu suggested.

"That's not a bad idea. Let's go!" Lucy cheered, grabbing Natsu's hand and tugging him along with her. The cafe wasn't far from the guild hall, so they made it there in no time. They greeted the few members that were still and rushed to the pool, heading towards the designated bathrooms to change. Once done, they hoped in. Lucy was floating on her back, eyes closed in relaxtion before Natsu pulled her foot, causing her to go underwater.

They both laughed as they came up for air.

"Don't scare me like that!"

"You should've seen your face, Luce! Priceless!"

Lucy just rolled her eyes before splashing him. This resulted in an all out splash war between the two.

"Okay! I quit!" Lucy surrendered, getting out of the pool and wrapping herself in her towel. She sat on a lounge chair, and soon enough, Natsu joined her.

"So, you're a part of the guild?"

"Yeah. Hey, let's go on a job tomorrow!"

"That'll be good. I need money." Lucy chuckled. It was silent between them for a minute. Natsu laid back on his chair, arms behind his head. Lucy got up from hers and sat with him on his. She laid her head in the crook of his and wrapped her arm around his torso.

"Thank you for today. It was nice." She whispered with a smile on her face, eyes closed.

Natsu didn't know what to say or do. It was unusual for Lucy to do something like this, so he didn't know how to react. He was taken away from his thoughts when he heard the steady breathing and light snores coming from Lucy. I guess swimming and chlorine does make you tired he thought to himself.

He wrapped on of his arms behing her back and lightly kissed her forehead. "You're welcome, Lucy."

He rested his forehead against the top of her head, shutting his eyes and also falling asleep.

_______

more of a filler but i wanted to update for you all. sorry if it's not the best.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.3K 1.5K 43
Fairy Tail has been hitting a lot of bumps in the road through out the year, and things seem to be finally calming down. Until Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Juv...
58.9K 1.4K 33
After a long journey of 100 years quest, Team Natsu went back to Magnolia to their guild Fairy Tail. But there was something wrong with Lucy, there's...
138K 2K 144
100K+ VIEWS (TYSM) & 1.5K+ VOTES (TYSM ILY) - WARNING: It may contain profanity and small acts of violence :) (also this was made when I was younger...
150K 3.6K 34
Natsu Dragneel is the schools bad boy at Fairy Tail High. He's battle scarred from fights and follows his own rules. He rides a motorcycle and wears...